[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick /v/! you have 10 seconds to come up with a good power ranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 16
File: PowerRangers.jpg (221 KB, 1200x819) Image search: [Google]
PowerRangers.jpg
221 KB, 1200x819
Quick /v/! you have 10 seconds to come up with a good power ranger game idea... GO!
>>
Pose striking simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY
>>
>>318285664
Thats good but how would it play? would it be some type of rhythm game?
>>
Powerrangers are all girls and you are the villain, defeating one of them and you get to fuck her.

You can try to romance every one of them for the good ending.
>>
>>318285568
Lego Power Rangers
>>
File: 1358042544444.jpg (50 KB, 716x472) Image search: [Google]
1358042544444.jpg
50 KB, 716x472
>>318285960
It would have ever minigame under the sun
>Mashing the X button to hold yourself in place at the end of a pose
>That balacing game where you have to keep the stick centered
>Gold game style swing meters you have to hit the 'sweet spot' on
>Having to put in the inputs DDR style
>Possible motion control shenanigans.

Also the enemy would explode after you pose, the better you did, the better the explosion
>>
>>318286198
Shit i would actually play this.
>>
>>318286320
I think there's something wrong with my computer i keep throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.
>>
>>318286326
Imagine all that generations and shit - it would be prime material for content
>>
Platinum Games presents Power Rangers.

Thank you and you're welcome.
>>
>>318286503
Hello 9gag.
>>
>>318286769
Fuck that's good too maybe we will get something close to this when that movie comes out.
>>
>watching the blue pilled equivalent of Super Sentai
>>
>>318287874
Fuck off weeb
>>
>power ranges game with X-COM gameplay
send my paycheck by mail
>>
Some theme music for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna90t2je-4
>>
Hello Haïm.

Here's what you should do:

An action RPG with character editor where you can chose the motives, the colors and the mecha construction.

Make it online.
>>
make a multiplayer musou
>>
>>318287874
>watching the weeb equivalent of Power Rangers
>>
>>318289095
>Make it online.
You almost had it
>>
>>318288472
Chroma Squad
>>
>>318285568
Double Dragon, but with power rangers.
>>
>>318290926

that game was ass
>>
Remake of the SNES Zord fighting game, roster spans the whole franchise.
>>
File: Power Rangers The Movie.jpg (3 MB, 3366x2100) Image search: [Google]
Power Rangers The Movie.jpg
3 MB, 3366x2100
>>318291053
>>
There's an alien invasion and only a team of heroes can stop them. Oh and there's like a hundred heroes.
>>
>>318285568

gatcha mobile game

or

Facebook time wasting game
>>
>>318285568
A fighting game with ALL the power rangers and they're all basically clones of each other except for the few that have different abilities. Like the Power Rangers in Space and their 3 morph. more clones than smash bros
>>
>>318292397
That was one of the games I played the most on my Mega Drive. Good taste, man.
>>
make a game about gokaiger where it's basically megaman but the other 40-something teams are the robot masters and each team has their own power
>>
File: 1438906645053.png (321 KB, 971x449) Image search: [Google]
1438906645053.png
321 KB, 971x449
>>
>>318293034

that would be a 100+ character roster. 200 if you include OG sentai teams
>>
>>318293612

I think there's like 250 rangers at this point in sentai
>>
>>318292397

This is wrong, those screens on the left are not from Power Rangers: The Movie.
>>
>>318285568
>Have it feature more than MMPR
>Answer any loose ends like the fate of Scorpina, Goldar, etc
>Multiplayer PVP where it can be Rangers vs Rangers, Zord vs Zord, Megazords vs Megazords
>>
>>318294347
They took the season 2 arc as well.
>>
File: Ecliptor with Sword - new 2.jpg (47 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Ecliptor with Sword - new 2.jpg
47 KB, 512x384
>>318294625
Also, unlockable playable villains
Examples
>Ecliptor
>Deviot
>Lord Zedd
>Rita Repulsa
>Lord Grumm
>Venjix
>>
>>318287874
>Not watching the best of both
Reminder that Lost Galaxy had Suicide Bombers in the finale
>>
>>318288472
Holy shit are you me
>>
>not a game based on that gritty short reboot film

Step it up senpai
>>
File: 6_titanium_ranger.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
6_titanium_ranger.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
Posting best ranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF48Gfl3PlQ
>>
>>318285568
>>
>>318286958
You do realise that Sentai is the original thing, right? PR is just bastardised for western audience by Saban.

That said, they've already got a sentai game out which is The Wonderful 101.

>>318289235
Kamen Rider Battride Wars exists
>>
>>318295636
You do know that was a satire on gritty remakes itself?
>As Kahn explains in an interview with HitFix, Power/Rangers is meant as a satire, taking Hollywood's "Dark and gritty" reboot mania as far as it could go. Says Kahn, "the dark and gritty reboot thing is such a cliché that the intention was not only to make it dark and gritty but make it even darker and grittier than you could possibly imagine, hence the brains, the blood and the violence and the sex."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/power-rangers-fan-film-starring-james-van-der-beek-and-katee-sackhoff-gets-dark-and-gritty
>>
a Rhythm based beat em' up game that thrives on multiplayer.
Players sync and combine their attacks together to form finishers.
Being out of sync, or going alone gets yourself killed
>>
>>318295931
Y-yes....I totally realized that.
>>
>>318292321
My dick is about span your whole ass.
>>
>>318295893

it's not multiplayer tho

also it's rider and not PR/sentai
>>
>>318294943
>Ecliptor
Mah nigga!
>>
>>318295893
I bet you watch anime subbed only. Fuck off you weeb purist faggot
>>
>>318295931
Fuck you it was still a good film. I'd watch the hell out of a feature length version.
>>
>Watching either PR or Sentai
>Not based Metal Heroes
>>
>>318295893
>You do realise that Sentai is the original thing, right?
Yes but that doesn't change the fact that Power Rangers is and always has been objectively superior to Sentai.
>>
>>318296515
You're incorrect.

>>318296262
It's all the same show for kids toy commercial bullshit desu senpai
>>
File: r4o5mPCLk1qa69wso1_400.gif (494 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
r4o5mPCLk1qa69wso1_400.gif
494 KB, 300x278
>>318285568
i'd rather a rider game
>>
>>318296428
Despite being capable for redemption he still sadly bit the dust
>>
>>318296816
>Power Rangers is and always has been objectively superior to Sentai
I'm not a fan of Sentai, but that's retarded. There's a lot of bad Sentai, but I can still count more than five Sentai shows that are actually good. I can't say the same for PR.
>>
>>318296675
So a generic action film filled with sex and grit mixed with Bayformers?
>>
>>318297134
But it wasn't generic. At all.
>>
File: neatgame.jpg (70 KB, 568x304) Image search: [Google]
neatgame.jpg
70 KB, 568x304
you could modify a game like summonstrike.com. It uses "spheres" as a mechanic, but these could be be megazords instead.
>>
>>318285568
It's such an easy concept I'm kinda mad it hasn't ever been done yet. Beat em up sections in standard ranger gear. Co op or alone. Number of enemies changes depending on how many human players thwre are. Ai rangers have pre scripted fights you don't have to worry about. Boss fight with normal sized monster, then it gets super sized. Fight giant monster with individual zords, ai ranger zords are used in combo attacks, co-op rangers and pull them off together as well. Once you deal enough damage, and raise your energy bar up enough you can combine. This would be the hardest part to get right, but I don't like the idea of just the lead ranger getting to control the mega zord, neither the mega zord just being a qte fest for each player while you watch the action. I think co op should just let each player fight the boss themselves, with a reasonable time limit, and join back into the same "universe" afterwards. Thw mega zord fight would have you deal enough damage and raise enough energy to call your sword and finish off the enemy with a single strike.

Dlc comes out episodically with new monster and new levels to keep you playing.
>>
Dynasty Warriors: Super Sentai edition.
It just makes sense.
>>
>>318294347
Theyre from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2hDnyAOYTM
>>
>>318285568
Power Mounties
red moose
black bear
yellow squirrel
blue wolf
pink beaver
great canadian youth fighting quebec
>>
>>318297914
Who's the sixth ranger?
>>
>>318297914
gold maple syrup
>>
>>318297012
> I can still count more than five Sentai shows that are actually good. I can't say the same for PR
#1 Power Rangers in Space
#2 MMPR
#3 Time Force
#4 Ninja Storm
#5 Dino Thunder
#6 SPD
#7 Lost Galaxy

That just means you've never watched power rangers.
>>
>>318299316
Not him but MMPR hasn't really aged well.
Solid list for the rest though
>>
>>318297914
amazing
>>
>>318299568
Fair enough but even without MMPR i still beat that guy's five series challenge.
>>
>>318299316
>MMPR
Season 1's alright but everything after is shit
>Dino Thunder
Tommy Wank
>Ninja Storm
It'd be good if anyone could fucking act.

Sentai, just off the top of my head:

Sun Vulcan
Turboranger
Jetman
Maskman
Carranger
Dynaman
Battle Fever J
Megaranger
Gingaman
Ohranger
Kakuranger
Dairanger
Timeranger
Dekaranger
Magiranger
Go-Onger
Go-Busters
ToQGer

But nah, because you watched those as ak id that means they're better.
>>
>>318299748
Just because you watched those shows as weeb doesn't mean they're better.
>>
>>318299316
>Forgetting RPM
>>
>>318299316
>#2 MMPR

opinion null and void. the only good thing about MMPR was the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TvGjHUPOxg
>>
>>318285568
Like the TMNT movie game on the ps2 and you switch between the power Rangers in that fashion.
>>
>>318299901
WOw, such a compelling argument proving all Power Ranger shows are superior to Super Sentai.
>>
>>318300478
i never watched RPM didn't have access to a TV when it was on the air and never got around to looking it up.
>>
>>318300626
I don't need a compelling argument because you've got nothing for me to argue against. all you did was list a bunch of show names without ever giving a compelling reason for why they are better then followed it up with "U ONLY LIK DA POWAH RANGAS BCUZ U WATCHED DEM AS AH KID". Truly how will i ever follow up such an incredible statement as that.
>>
>>318299316

>MMPR
>no RPM
>>
>>318301094
see>>318300634
Next time read the damn thread before you post.
>>
>>318301071
I actually responded to your list and pointed out why three of them weren't "superior" like you claimed, you just ignored those in order to go straight into ad hominem and call me a weeb.

Want some examples?

>MMPR
Randomly uses dinosaurs because Saban is a hack and couldn't come up with a genuine reason - whereas in Zyuranger it's justified with the Sentai all being prehistoric tribals who were brought to the future, along with their mecha who happen to be Gods of their tribes.

Everyone looks 20 when they're supposed to be in high school.

In-suit fights are just spouting AYAAAH and flailing against mooks, once you hit season 2 they're often-times not even on the same fucking screen.

>Dino Thunder
Take everything exciting or interesting from Abaranger and what yo have left is Dino THunder. So long as you remember to throw in Tommy because JDF is the only person Saban hasn't alienated by being a kike.

The other secondary, I forget what the fuck they call him in DinoThunder but in Abaranger, AbareKiller was a doctor who had a pretty fucking brutal death after a very compelling character arc. All DIno Thunder had was MUH BRAINWASHING because no one can be actually evil.

>Ninja Storm
Literally on the tail end of the "Surfshack ninja" phase that was almost as cringeworthy. All I can say positively is that if it were made a year later it would be even worse. And to make it even worse, no one on the cast could act and just read straight from the script. Hurricaneger's not much better - it's a pretty mediocre Sentai - but it's still leagues above Ninja Storm.

But go ahead, tell me how I'm being a weeb because you have no other arguments than nostalgia.
>>
>>318301718
>whereas in Zyuranger it's justified with the Sentai all being prehistoric tribals who were brought to the future, along with their mecha who happen to be Gods of their tribes
I watch anime and read comic books and manga, I play video games and browse 4chan.

And yet despite all my hobbies that are inherently stupid at their core that is quite possibly the DUMBEST sounding sentence i have read in my entire life. in fact i don't even need to make a counter argument at all the premise of that show alone proves how idiotic it is.
>>
>>318301718
What about the rest of his list?
>>
File: CS3B7oJUwAA1CP5.jpg orig.jpg (365 KB, 720x752) Image search: [Google]
CS3B7oJUwAA1CP5.jpg orig.jpg
365 KB, 720x752
I like Kagura.
>>
>>318302517
no one cares.
>>
>>318302498
The rest of his list is fine, but that's less than five shows.

>>318302489
Nice backpedal.

>IT SOUNDS DUMB SO I NO LONGER REQUIRE TO PROVE MY POINT AT ALL I CAN'T HERE YOU LALALALA
Dumb justification is still fucking justification. It's still a Japanese children's television show so it doesn't need to be coherent, but at least it fucking exists. Power Rangers is literally "They're dinosaurs, quit asking, overlord Saban won't pay us enough to actually think about it."
>>
>>318302751
How about RPM?
That makes it a total of five
>>
>>318302751
No justification is better than dumb justification.

Just look at Samus's backstory before and after metroid other M.
>>
>>318302876
I haven't actually seen much of RPM aside from one webm where they lampshade the name Go-Onger, but I'll trust you on it and concede there's five good shows.

But that's still only five good shows. Sentai's got way more.
>>
>>318303023
No justification would be fine if they at least acknowledged it made no sense. But nope, they're just told "Take these belt bucklse with dinosaur coins in them, they'll give you super powers, now go fight shit!" and just blankly go "Okay" at it without even wondering about it.

Zyuranger justifies it by saying they were trained into it growing up. But go ahead, tell me how because you don't like the backstory for Zyuranger, that invalidates any and all arguments.
>>
>>318303035
I can concede with that, the best PR seasons are the ones where Chip is involved and Sentai has years ahead of PR. The Disney seasons are mixed with Overdrive being horrendous and Tzachor seasons are just flat out bad.
Dino Charge is promising so far though, nothing really down right terrible has emerged yet
>>
>>318303292
>Dino Charge is promising so far though
It really isn't.

>Upgrades are just them wearing batteries (Fucking amazing they went from Samurai having a legitimate upgrade to this)
>One actor who seems legitimately invested - though he is admittedly a cool guy
>None of the suits they use are from the original show - this is really obvious with the sixth having a gaudy yellow sometimes and then proper gold when they use Kyoryuger footage

I will say - at least they don't have their own Daigo. But that's not much.
>>
>>318303035
>Sentai's got way more.
Of course it has more it's been out since the fucking 70's it has a 20 year head start on power rangers. You listed 18 good shows from a series that has existed since the 70's vs my 7 from a series that has only been around since the 90's proportionately if power rangers was just as old as sentai it would have just as many if not more good series than sentai.
>>
>>318303550
That's because I didn't compare the actual shows you listed. The PR shows that I didn't bother on were fine shows on their own - but mostly because they're literally just "The Sentai, but with white people." In Space was a decent attempt at something different, but they chose the wrong show for it because they would have gotten a lot more out of adapting the technology theme Megaranger had.

Also, of all the shows I listed, all but six of those shows aired since MMPR's appearance. And the ones I didn't were airing during PREVIOUS attempts at Western adaptation - Battle Fever J and Sun Vulcan in particular.
>>
File: ryou vs jin.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ryou vs jin.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>318299748
>dairanger

watched it as my first sentai a couple months ago.

>rival kills people ON screen

my 6 yr old would shit bricks if i were to watch that instead of MMPR.
>>
>>318303174
>No justification would be fine if they at least acknowledged it made no sense
They had just gotten magic belts from a floating head in a giant tube so that they could go fight monsters sent by a witch from the moon. On the list of things that don't make sense that they should be wondering about why the robots look like dinosaurs is probably on the bottom of the list.
>>
>>318290109
>watching remakes of any kind
>watching forced multiculturalism

Power Rangers is literal jew garbage.
>>
>>318303924
They literally questioned none of it which made it all worse. The only fucking good thing about MMPR was the soundtrack.
>>
>>318304078
>Power Rangers is literal jew garbage.
So is your mother but we try not to mention it too much.
>>
>>318296816
>Power Rangers is and always has been objectively superior to Sentai
>swallowing jew dick
>liking forced multiculturalism

Haim please leave.
>>
>>318303920
God damn, I forgot how ripped Ryou was.
>>
>>318286737
>Build your own megazord.
>Dragonzord with drill arms.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2100
Already done.
>>
>>318304080
>They literally questioned none of it which made it all worse
actually the first thing they said when zordon brought them in was that none of it made any sense. Hell they even tried to leave saying they didn't want any part of it the only reason they even used the morphers in the first place was because rita attacked them on their way home.
>>
>>318303838
>In Space was a decent attempt at something different, but they chose the wrong show for it because they would have gotten a lot more out of adapting the technology theme Megaranger had.
In space was supposed to be the last series the only reason they made anymore after that was because it became such a major hit.
>>
>>318304290
>I have no response so lets insult him

You are literally defending jews.
>>
>>318305407
>it became such a major hit

And its literally in the shitter now, yet they still don't stop making it.
>>
>>318305514
> i have literally no point to make so i will keep shouting jew

Just because your mother was a jew doesn't mean you need to say the word jew over and over again. you aren't a pokemon after all.
>>
>>318305806
So you have no defense that a greedy jew takes a show from another country, waters down the plot and makes it multicultural to push their own agenda?
Glad to know people are still brainwahed.
>>
>>318306143
>multicultural
You keep using that word i don't think you actually know what it means. Sentai is a Japanese show it's part of Japanese culture if you show it in the US then it's a multicultural show because it's not a part of American culture in it's original format.

Power Rangers on the other hand is the white washed Americanized version of a Japanese show. It is the antithesis to multicultural television. It's the same show as sentai only with most of the Asian people replace with white people and the token black guy. Power Rangers is literally the exact opposite of what you are bitching about.

but none of this matters all you are going to do is shout jew again in response to this post.
>>
>>318307195
>white washed

Its not white washed when they replace the actors of the original show with people from all races.
>>
>>318285568
Sentai Musou
>>
>>318307641
All races except the original race of the actors from the show.
>>
>>318302517
>>tfw ToQuger is over
>>
>>318307853
No there's always an asian in Power Rangers.
Red isn't allowed to be asian tho.
>>
>>318302517
>not Wagon

Shit taste
>>
Make a game like Power Rangers legends but actually have a budget.
>>
>>318299316
>Counting Lost Galaxy
>Counting Ninja Storm
>Counting SPD
>not counting RPM
>>
>>318308183
>No there's always an asian in Power Rangers.
First off no there's not.
Second off Asian does not automatically equal Japanese you dipshit.
>>
>>318304613
please explain what it does right
>>
>>318297215
The Megazord was stupidly generic.
>>
>>318308408
READ THE DAMN THREAD!!!>>318300634
>>
>>318308656
YOU'RE STILL A STUPID FUCK WHO MADE THE POST IN THE FIRST PLACE, NIGGER.
>>
>>318303838
>The PR shows that I didn't bother on were fine shows on their own - but mostly because they're literally just "The Sentai, but with white people."
The only one that was actually good that did that was Time Force.
>>
>>318308725
>i didn't watch your favorite show
>YOU'RE A STUPID NIGGER

what's it like living with autism?
>>
>>318309147
RPM isn't even my favorite, but if you make a stupid post, don't spend the entire thread correcting people who are correcting you, you STUPID NIGGER.
>>
>>318309317
>correcting people who are correcting you
how can they be correcting me for making a list of shows i have watched if i have never seen the show? i take back what i said before you aren't autistic you are retarded.
>>
Simply a fighting game with good fighting mechanics, but like, really fucking good. Its all about martial arts anyway, this should be obvious yet all the games are shit.
>>
>>318285568
You beat up shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFTI2KdUhcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tf66VHVbEo
>>
File: what an asshole.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what an asshole.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318285568
Yo fuck PR.
>>
>>318295732
The PS1 Lightspeed Rescue game was one of the best Power Ranger games.

Loved that shit as a kid.
>>
Time to save the thread:
>3rd person open world action game
>Create a sentai or use an established one
>Adventure around beating up enemies
>Random MOTW attacks
>Have your sentai help or assist one of the established ones
>Beat up enemies and upgrade stats and weapons
>Enemies have a chance to become giant so use your custom megazord to fight them
>>
File: Yugande.jpg (132 KB, 266x344) Image search: [Google]
Yugande.jpg
132 KB, 266x344
>>318297005
Fuck that. Yugande is the real nigga.
>>
>>318311434
i never even knew this existed what kind of game was it?

>>318311508
nah man Ecliptor was the realest of real niggas.
>>
>>318311438
I don't see the point in creating a custom character. if i am buying a power ranger game then i want to play as a power ranger i have seen before.
>>
>>318311825
It was a beat em up. Its pretty short but effective. The missions are based off episodes of the show but add some really awesome levels. Also Titanium Ranger too.

Theres one that takes place on that zord train, one with the city of fucking fire and one where the villains take over the Aquabase.

You also have to save hostages like the theme. Time Force has the same designed game but it focuses on how fast you can do the mission and add it stuff not in the show.

Its an okay game but a great Power Rangers game which says a lot.
>>
>>318311240
that episode where he just fucks their shit up. 10/10
>>
>>318308525
Japanese = asian, Just like white = european.
>>
N64 gauntlet remake, but each player is a power ranger.
>>
>>318312685
>>318312685
Yes but Asian does not always equal Japanese
>>
>>318314171
To the american public it doesn't matter because all asians look the same.
>>
>>318308538
Not him but absolutely everything.
>>
>>318315086
>all asians look the same.
So do all white people. what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>318316814
It means that Power Rangers always strives to include all races. IE Multiculturalism.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.