[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Mobile games are the future" Can't be the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13
File: Not Shit Please.jpg (245 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
Not Shit Please.jpg
245 KB, 1280x851
"Mobile games are the future"

Can't be the future if there aren't any good games, post some good games, free or paid.

Surely there are some games with strong gameplay, depth, and long-term playability that aren't just cynical freemium garbage like "you must wait 10 hours to build X....or you could give us $1.49 to build it now :^)"?
>>
>>318280756

>Can't be the future if there aren't any good games

Remember when I really was that naive. Those were good days
>>
File: ONQPJSP.png (359 KB, 607x365) Image search: [Google]
ONQPJSP.png
359 KB, 607x365
puzzle and dragons is the only good phone game I know.
been playing it over a year now for every day
>>
Cytus
Deemo
Neko Atsume
>>
>>318281440
fuck off weebcunt
>>
>>318280986
Don't get me wrong, I know these games make LOADSA MONAY because of microtransaction freemium garbage. I just want to know what will keep little Timmy from wanting a 3DS with Pokemon versus Auto Trench Run 37.
>>
Hitman GO
Monument Valley
Rayman Jungle Run
LEO's Fortune
80 days
>>
>>318281440
>Neko Atsume
That....actually looks pretty comfy.
>>
Final Fantasy Tactics on the iPad is pretty decent. Same for XCOM. Some Cave ports are decent as well.

Everything else is trash
>>
Merchant if you like cookie-clicker shit.
>>
>>318280756

No one ever said the future was gonna be good Anon.
>>
I think that they are the future, but not for the standard reason. its the future for people who want instant gaming gratification, either because of low attention or just not enough time. I worked a 12 hour 6 day week job recently, and the only time I got to unwind was in breaks and for about 30 minutes at home, so having these short burst games were great.

I dont think that people want to bring an extra machine along anymore, especially with games that have ages between save points.
>>
>>318280756
Space Marshall is good.
>>
Generally paid mobile games are much better than free games. Only free game I liked was crossy road.
>>
Shattered Pixel Dungeon - over 100 hours on this shit and I still cant beat it.
>>
>>318280756
Is this actually a meme now? I swear we get these threads daily and there are heaps of good suggestions along with the usual >le mobile game shitposing.

I'm gonna go play Battleheart Legacy right now.
>>
So noone refers to Hearthstone? Its masterpiece to me.
>>
>>318281928
Quality post.

>>318282147
>>318282271
>>318282285
>>318282702
Looks cool, will check out

>>318282892
>Is this actually a meme now? I swear we get these threads daily
I made this thread because I never see mobile games discussed on here. Maybe I just been unlucky.

>>318283125
This is all I have been playing, only because I play it on PC as well.
>>
Summoners War if you like grinding
>>
>>318283125
Is this your first card game ever?
>>
>>318283267
The World Ends With You is still a fantastic game, if you haven't played the original on DS you must try the mobile version.

It's a JRPG without grinding, it has a very fun "7 days" format, quirky visual style and music, and you get pin points even when you don't play the game.

Also memes.
>>
Hitman Go
>>
>>318283620
Not him, but IMO it is the best non-physical card game out there right now.
>>
>>/mbgg/
>>
>>318283723
It's not like there's a ton of competition, but I personally prefer Magic the Gathering's offerings. Heard good things about the Yu-Gi-Oh games too.
>>
>>318283125
Sorry mate, we're only talking about good games here.
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (164 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
164 KB, 1240x786
>>318283667
Hell no, the smartphone version is casualized garbage. The only thing it had over the original is the higher quality soundtrack
>>
File: grimrock.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
grimrock.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1024
grimrock 1 is on iphone/ipad
>>
Terra battle. I guess you'd call it a Cool little strategy rpg with great music
>>
>>318283854
It is easier because it lacks the double screen gameplay, but it's still less casual than the vast majority of phone games.
>>
>>318283267
The space invaders sequel is also a fun time.

A few other cool games that are more like flash games but still totally worth the few bucks they cost:

Does not commute - Drive a car from one side of the map to the other, then do it again but with a different car while avoiding the car you drove the first time. Do this 20 more times until the level is a massive clusterfuck and you have to restart because you ran out of time.

Dawn of Steel - The only CoC style game that isn't complete and utter shit because you actually get full control of your units and need to have a little micro. Still a CoC clone though, so probably not for most people here.

Warfare Incorporated - It's a real RTS on mobile. Worth a look if you're a fan of the genre and want to play one on the go.

Shibuya Grandmaster - Infuriating colormatching jenga puzzle game. Loads of fun, 60 fps, pure quality. The base game is free and nothing you can buy changes the gameplay at all, but you can buy music and backgrounds and stuff and even buy a pack that includes all cosmetic items forever which you should get to support the dev.

Soccer Spirits - It's F2P mobage but it's actually pretty original and fun. Insanely heavy on the fanservice though, for both guys and girls. No money is really needed to win and you can get maybe 8 hours of non stop play before stamina even becomes something you have to worry about.

Heavenstrike Rivals - F2P P2W mobage. Not actually good because it's balance is absolute shit, but worth a mention because if you're willing to pay for the best units the actual game is really good.

Mortal Combat X. Another piece of mobage. Combat seems dull at first but once you have a decent collection of units it actually has a good amount of depth. No point to spending real money because the game is super generous with the premium currency and the $ to premium rate is absolutely terrible. Not something you'll ever play for a long amount of time but ok for the daily lunch break.
>>
>>318281742
> I just want to know what will keep little Timmy from wanting a 3DS with Pokemon

Every kid/teen today has a smartphone, so it makes it an accessible platform for casual playing for 5-10 minutes. Handhelds no longer have the appeal mostly because their hardware is miles behind any modern phone (especially when it comes to screen) and their games require a longer attention span,which modern people who are constantly bombarded with a stream of new,fresh information from apps and networking media simply do not have.

Pokemon, in particular went streamlining which turned it to shit in the last few years, both the casual and hardcore groups forgot about it and now it only appeals to "nerd cred" crew and autists.
>>
File: twewy.jpg (121 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
twewy.jpg
121 KB, 400x360
>>318280756
TWEWY is amazing. I never managed to get my hands on the DS version, so being able to play it on my iPhone was awesome.
>>
Anyone tried the Chaos Rings series? Usually when i asked about it the general opinion is that ranges from ok to good.
>>
>>318285262
I have chaos rings 3, it's pretty nice, reminds me of phantasy star online, don't expect it to be too complex though
>>
>>318282285
This and spider square, if you're looking for a gg to plough hours into on your phone then youre doing it wrong
>>
>>318280756
mobiles are fast enough for quite a few emulators now and android has a decent selection of emulators too, you've got no excuse
>>
>>318285262
It's good, I mainly played the first game and the prequel though.

Fairly simple and accessible JRPG gameplay but I feel that's really suited to a mobile game, being able to save anywhere and turn random battles on and off and such. I was pretty interested in the story and characters too.

Only downside is all squeenix mobile games are fucking expensive, assuming you're not a pirate.
>>
Get some PC games
Banner Saga
VVVVV
Hearthstone
FTL
Bastion

If you want something like heroes of might and magic try Palm Kingdoms 2, thats a really fucking good clone
>>
>>318285529
>all squeenix mobile games are fucking expensive
well, they're much better than mobile games usually tend to be if we ignore the FFV/FFVI ports.
>>
>>318280756
Depends what genre you like.
>Racing
Asphalt or Real Racing 2. Avoid RR3, a textbook example of how EA ruins nice things.
>Flying
Air Cavalry for choppers, Aerofly or Infinite Flight for planes. It's staggering how good these flight sims are starting to look
>FPS
The Modern Combat games are ok, for a bunch of CoD clones
>RPG
Pick your poison, too many to list.
>Puzzle
Again, too many to list.

Mobile games get shit on here, usually for good reason. It's a bloated, vile market for extreme casuals, full of micro-transactions and P2W trash. But there are a few good full-sized games in there, if you look, and if you don't mind spending a few bucks.
>>
The Room 1-3 are legit part of my all time favorite games. Great atmosphere and excellent level design
>>
>>318283667
Fuck off, the mobile version butchered it.
>>
File: ...seriously.gif (883 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
...seriously.gif
883 KB, 250x250
>>318280756

>All these mobile apologists

You fuckers are casual pieces of shit.
>>
File: FFRK_Dr._Mog.png (73 KB, 204x346) Image search: [Google]
FFRK_Dr._Mog.png
73 KB, 204x346
buy some gems, kupo!
>>
>>318280756
You could pretty much take any classic Gameboy game, give it just a fresh set of paint, and it'd fit right in on the mobile game market. The platform's not really innovating anything beyond marketing techniques.
>>
>>318285512
>emulators
If I wanted a suggestion of which SNES game I should play for the tenth time I would have asked.
>>
Granblue Fantasy if you don't mind gachashit
>>
>>318286382
It's mostly the same though. Controlling your partner wouldn't make a whole lot of sense considering the lack of buttons on mobile, and casuals already used Auto for their partner anyway.
>>318286442
I'm advocating for the only mobile game I enjoyed, which wasn't even a mobile game at first. Sometimes it's good to have something to play when you don't have a handheld or console next to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 632x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 632x617
I've been playing these.
>>
Just got a new phone and there is FUCKING NOTHING to play on it. I got threes, deemo, and cytus
>>
>2015
>not just using your giant smartphone as an emulation machine
>>
Anyone here play DomiNations? I like the Age of Empires feel.
>>
It's weebshit but it's actually a lot of fun. I've been playing for about a year now.
>>
>>318287423
You can only play like 3 songs a sitting though, unless you only play on stupid easy difficulty and then you get no points and have no fun.
>>
>>318282130
>Some Cave ports are decent
How? I cannot imagine going through bullet hell while my finger covers a quarter of the screen. I think it's insane that Cave just this month finally got a game on Steam while porting a ton of games to the fucking iPhone.
>>
>>318287347
I do
>>
BEST EMULATORS GOGOGO
EXPLAIN WHY YOU DONT HAVE GBA EMULATION RIGHT NOW
>>
>>318287423
>Lovelive
>Not new hotness Im@s CG:SS
>>
>>318287694
But I do

The real question is why aren't you emulating the best nds games on your phone right now?

Is your phone too weak? Are you a fucking pleb?
>>
> ctrl+f
> Brave Frontier
> 0 hits

I keep coming back to this game because the music alone is amazing, and the game is a pretty good system, if you don't mind the power creep, but what game doesn't have it these days?
>>
>>318287621
>>318287347
How is it? Worth a play?
>>
>>318287694
Retroarch is all you need for most of them, PPSSPP for PSP because it's better than the RA core, reicast for Dreamcast.
>>
uhhh chess....2048....
>>
Terra Battle is very enjoyable, basically a tile mini game with RPG window dressing. Good for killing 10 minutes.
>>
>>318283267
framed
kojimbo's goty
>>
WORLD OF GOO
O
R
L
D

O
F

G
O
O
>>
A little while ago I got an iPhone 6, must have spent over 200$ on games. There are so few good ones on there, but there are definitely some gems. Lara Croft GO and Hitman GO are legit fantastic. Mighty Switch Force! Hose it Down! is really good too.
>>
File: 1430080927445.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430080927445.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
I play girly Sanrio rhythm games
>>
I exclusively play Simon Tatham's puzzle collection on mobile platforms
luckily there is usually an ad-free non-bullshit version for every mobile platform
>>
Really the issue if mobiles have good games so much as how you can find these games in the huge wave of shit that is the mobile market.

It doesn't really help when even good games look like shit ones from a first glance.
>>
>>318280756
>Good
>Free
Pick one.
>>
>>318280756
Where you get da apks anons?
>>
>>318290017
Exactly why I started the thread. There is so much copying in the mobile market it can be hard to tell what is hot garbage and what is not.
>>
>download puzzle and dragons, it's pretty fun
>get out my house for once
>you need an internet connection to play this

What's the fucking point?
What are some games I can play offline?
>>
>>318286743
Uprising turned to shit when they added tier II gear. Deleted that a few days ago
>>
>>318290608
It's the worst thing about mobile games, even Pokémon Shuffle (that Nintendo also fine-tuned to be more expensive/grindy on mobile than on 3ds) requires internet now for some reason.

I guess it's a common thing in free games, because TWEWY doesn't have that. It's actually beneficial to play offline because you can exploit your phone's clock for infinite shutdown pin points.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.