[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone talking about VR being the future of gaming >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Captu132re.jpg (36 KB, 274x412) Image search: [Google]
Captu132re.jpg
36 KB, 274x412
>everyone talking about VR being the future of gaming
>can't wear any headsets with my glasses
>being forcefully excluded from the future of my hobby

Anyone else in my situation? It sucks
>>
>>318270210
They're called contacts , you sack of shit
>>
>>318270210

You're a mug. I had a go of the HTC Vive and you put it over your glasses

I hear the newer Rift is the same
>>
I wear glasses and the oculus rift fits just fine you dumbass
>>
>>318270210
don't worry
vr is gonna suck and is not the future of gaming
>>
Why would you need glasses if the screen is right in front of you

You're... You're not farsighted are you? Oh my god no, no way, hahaha holy shit what a fucking loser, hahaha ha no, no you can't be serious. Oh god I'm going to bust a nut holy fuck HAHAHA
>>
File: image:410.jpg (710 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
image:410.jpg
710 KB, 1024x765
Just use contact lenses?

i love women with glasses
>>
>>318270210
Shut the fuck up nerd, and post more Katya.
>>
File: qy9wjfpsksiypehrhsco.jpg (81 KB, 636x639) Image search: [Google]
qy9wjfpsksiypehrhsco.jpg
81 KB, 636x639
>>318270783
>>
Fuck contacts, get lasik
>>
>>318270210
A lot of vr headsets fit with glasses. Capitalists aren't as retarded as you.
>>
>>318270575
This. VR is a meme.
>>
>>318270210
I'm old enough to have seen this happen twice before. I see nothing that is going to make VR work this time either. A bunch of Frisco hipsters with disposable cash and the wannabe NEETs that follow them don't make a product catch on. There has been zero mainstream interest, and almost zero gaming industry interest. Awfully hard to sell a product with nothing to use it for but indie trash.
>>
File: Sabina.jpg (67 KB, 778x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sabina.jpg
67 KB, 778x1024
>>318270886
Sabina Altynbekova > le cutie PutinĀ“s bitch.
>>
>>318270886
>>318271468
Y'all talking about real people made into animu or an animu show in general? Cause Katya is cute.
>>
File: I know the feel.png (139 KB, 931x858) Image search: [Google]
I know the feel.png
139 KB, 931x858
I only have one eye
>>
>>318270575
There's not many other places to go.
>>
>>318272362
We could go for 60 fps
And less crashing
And less commercializations
And less season pass
And putting back mechanics that were removed for the sake of normies
Etc
Etc

Why try going new places when what we have already suck

Fix the fundamentals first
>>
>>318270210
>The future of my hobby
Yeah like motion controls were the future right? Damn the virtual boy really was the future!!!!?
Fuck off.
>>
get lasik retard
>>
I need glasses to see far away but I see perfectly in my Rift DK1 without glasses.
>>
>>318273158
i cant because of my condition
>>
>>318272301

you can use VR like you see the real world
>>
>>318271205
>There has been zero mainstream interest, and almost zero gaming industry interest.

Are you completely ignoring all those gaming journalists jerking themselves off over it?

That said, people saying it'll never take off were the same people that claimed automobiles will never replace horse-drawn carriages.
>>
I'm one of the impatient retards who bought a DK2. I have glasses, it's mostly fine and I'm sure the retail model will be even better.
>>
>>318275310
>horses couldn't be replaced
>by something clearly superior in every conceivable way

you confuse apples for oranges a lot, anon?
>>
>>318270210
>>can't wear any headsets with my glasses
The Rift comes with different lenses, so you would be fine. If it still doesnt work then you can wear it with glasses as long as your careful not to scratch the lenses.
>>
Just get a lasik surgery, i did it and im doing perfect
>>
>>318275563

Except cars were inferior to horses in most respects when they first came onto the scene
>>
>>31827561
if you're murrican most insurances won't cover any of it

they'll only mostly pay for glasses with generic frames
>>
File: EMPHASIS.png (58 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
EMPHASIS.png
58 KB, 250x246
>>318270575
Don't worry, online play is gonna suck and is not the future of gaming.

>>318272583
Why would we go for any of that when it only benefits the consumer who is so retarded they pay $60 a year just to play online? Even though you already bought the game AND the console?

Consumers will shovel shit into their mouths and enjoy it. Do you think there's a yearly CoD and Assassin's Creed because they just want to deliver speedy quality to the consumer? Gaming is fucking fast food now.

Reminder that the PS3 didn't hold online gameplay hostage for $60 a year. They only brought it to the PS4 after seeing mouthbreathing Xbots continue to shill for their console for free, because muh console wars.

Why would anyone improve your experience when you'll pay to get fucked in the ass? Out of the goodness of their hearts?
>>
>>318275563
>by something clearly superior in every conceivable way
>>
>>318275759
they are still inferior because you can't fuck a car yet
>>
File: 1448285384969.gif (498 KB, 346x367) Image search: [Google]
1448285384969.gif
498 KB, 346x367
>>318270210
Get contact lenses. Not only I have no problem with Oculus Rift using them, but after getting them, I can see way better than in glasses.

Seriously, everyone with shitty eyesight should try them, VR or not.
>>
>>318275871

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlqTInGsyK4
>>
>>318270575
>>318271079
VR *would* be the future, if morons would stop spending all their time trying to create motion peripherals for it. And just develop some solid gamepad controlled games.

Is it really not enough to have a cool new perspective for games? Do we need all these shitty simulation bullshit to go along with it?
>>
I'm still on the fence about VR. Tried it once, and it was pretty cool. But I also tried motion controls when they were still "the future" and it was pretty cool. Just don't know if I would get tired of it after a month or two.
>>
>>318275880
I use contacts and it still doesn't get me any pussy.
>>
>>318270210
Can't we just build in the correctional effect of glasses into the VR image?
>>
>>318277147
Contacts won't shed pounds or shave your neck anon.
>>
How much would you be willing to pay for the perfect virtual waifu? What would the experience have to include to satisfy your purchase?
>>
>>318277710
The waifu should be the price of a standard game. I would assume that all of the development went into developing her AI. So it shouldn't be an outstanding pricetag, because it shouldn't have an outstanding budget.
But I understand if they want to pile on a load of cosmetic DLC.

In order for it to satisfy me, she would of course have to be fully costomizable. And incredibly realistic. I want to forget that she's not real. Beyond that, I wouldn't mind if she just hung out while I did shit. And comment on what I'm doing here and there.
>>
>>318277118

It'll all depend on the content. If there's a lot of great VR content that benefits from being VR then it'll be good. If there's no use for it we'll get bored of it quickly.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.