[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefront Speculation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
Butthurt aside, what sorts of maps (or planets), heroes, weapons, vehicles and star cards do you think will be included in future updates?

For maps, I'm anticipating playing in the Death Star or on a Star Destoryer.

For heroes, I'm anticipating Chewbacca or possibly another bounty hunter (IG-88 maybe?).

For weapons, I'm anticipating the Relby-k23 (Bespin guards' sidearm).

For vehicles, I'm anticipating more starfighters like the B-wing or Tie Advanced. And while I don't expect them to include other walker variants, I'd love to see the AT-PT in the game.

For star cards, I have absolutely no ideas.

Your thoughts?
>>
It didn't sell well so expect some pity DLC.

They won't release anything huge like they did for BF4.
>>
>>318268140
Im hoping they just recall the game and shut down the servers, offer a public apology, and refuse to ever do a Star Wars game ever again.
>>
zero expectations

that way when they horribly fail to deliver i wont be surprised i would returned this piece of shit but i cancelled the debit card i used for purchase
>>
>>318268263
Would you like to support that claim with some actual data?

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/23/star-wars-battlefront-best-uk-launch/

It may not have broken any records, but to say that "it didn't sell well" is objectively false.
>>
>>318268140
I hope the dlc is just a we are sorry bundle
remove loadouts and replace them with classes, there was no point in going with load outs with only 11 fucking guns. Just add a few more guns and do what PVZ did with each side having unique weapons and abilities

apologize for tokens and say they understand they are immersion breaking and replace them with vehicles on the map, heroes are given to the best players at certain times during the match. Your charge is now gotten from kills rather then random pick ups, and orbital strikes and the like are gotten by doing the objective, wow I fixed the fact that no one is doing objectives as well.

Change customization completely, remove helmetless troopers and again apologize for being incompetent and instead replace them with actual unit markings like they actual do in canon. Rebels are fine

remove y-wings as a radio call in and let us fly them, let us be a co-pilot in a snow speeder. get new voice actors and lines for everyone, actually use the storm trooper voice filter every other game movie and show has used. Finally I would hope they finally watched the movies and noticed how retarded their battle of hoth is.

TL;DR
I am not expecting anything good from this game and hope EA and DICE give up and give the license to someone else who actually likes star wars
>>
File: Shiggydiggy.jpg (331 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Shiggydiggy.jpg
331 KB, 5000x5000
>>318268931
>Give up a money making licence like Star wars
>EA doing this
>>
Yavin IV

Lando

DL-18

T-16 Skyhopper

Wrist rocket (like Boba Fett has)
>>
>>318269315
then they better do a better job with the ip, they are the most half assed people yet. You went to the sets and looked at the props now watch the movies and do the research so I can not just take one look at the game and say yeah you never watched the movies.
>>
File: 1448609073353.png (76 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
1448609073353.png
76 KB, 250x164
>>318269987
>You went to the sets and looked at the props now watch the movies and do the research so I can not just take one look at the game and say yeah you never watched the movies.

...what?

Have you actually played Battlefront or have you just watched YouTube videos of it?

The game's atmosphere looks, feels and breathes Star Wars. Anyone who says differently is letting their neckbeard elitism dictate their cry for attention.
>>
>>318269987
Like they give a fuck. You faggots will buy anything with star wars on it, they don't have to do shit.
>>
>>318268140
With each dlc they are gonna release a new 'planet' with at least 4 maps. So no death star since you can't do walker assault on that one.
>>
File: 1418324907574.jpg (187 KB, 1096x1022) Image search: [Google]
1418324907574.jpg
187 KB, 1096x1022
Hold up everyone, before we talk the game let's argue over the lore.

>being rebels
>not being Empire
Sheev did nothing wrong.
>>
>>318268140
Maps: Tatooine probably with random tusken raiders sniper players.
Heroes: Chewbecca for rebels, Admiral Tarkin for imperials.
Weapons: Maybe some new heavy blasters since there are only 2
Vehicles: Something for the rebels to hard counter the atst.
Star Cards: Tusken Raider Slug Thrower rifle, cyro grenades, emergency kolto to regen your hp back to full when not in combat.
>>
I'm hoping for Bespin/Cloud City and Coruscant.

Do we know if they're doing stuff just from the movies, or could we get Korriban or something as well?
>>
I have a feeling some of the first DL heroes we'll see will be from the new movie coming soon, there's still some I'd like to see from past movies though.
>>
>>318270607
>Korriban
Could be possible. Sullust wasn't in the movie too, only mentioned by Vader.
>>
File: tumblr_nw0lgx4I1E1rqbtm2o1_1280.jpg (195 KB, 592x837) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw0lgx4I1E1rqbtm2o1_1280.jpg
195 KB, 592x837
>>318270707
I've thought about this... but wouldn't that mean that they'd have to include updated skins for the First Order and Resistance as well as update the weapons, planets, etc.?
>>
Oceanic servers maybe
>>
File: 1423895946604.jpg (108 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
1423895946604.jpg
108 KB, 300x449
>>318268931
>"Remove loadouts and replace them with classes"
i'd say that is the most common yet a good idea

>removing tokens for actual vehicles
I was wondering when are they going to give the Rebels some vehicles to counter those AT-STs

>"Heroes are given to the best players at certain times.
I think all players should have the chances of using heroes, but make it so the best players of each side has increased chances of being picked, this way everyone can enjoy them anot feel too elitist.

>"Remove Y-wings as a radio call in and let us fly"
Y-Wings barely remain on the map for a minute, let alone allow players to fly them on the battlefield, this would require a complete rework of the mode.
>>
File: yareyare.jpg (36 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
yareyare.jpg
36 KB, 479x492
>mfw shooting down the y-wings with the AT-ST before they bomb
>>
>>318268931
>>318271951
>heroes are given to the best players at certain times during the match
don't be absurd, giving an advantage to an already skilled player no different than developers catering to e-sport celebrities
>replace them with actual unit markings like they actual do in canon
this, yes, a thousand times over, YES
>I was wondering when are they going to give the Rebels some vehicles to counter those AT-STs
The Rebels get snowspeeders, son.
>>
>>318268140
We are gonna have to have characters from the new movie I imagine, also YODA as a hero when??!
>>
>>318268140
Cloud City, Death Star and Dagobah from the original trilogy.

I'd love it if they'd implement some prequel shit but I know it's not going to happen.
>>
>>318268931
>>318271951
The reason there are no classes is because there is no real point/need for them.
The game has absurdly fast health regen, unlimited ammo and so on.
Classes would just be pre-made weapon loadouts and that's not fun.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.