[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go watch one of the great MGS 5 trailers >Comments are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 24
File: 627.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
627.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>Go watch one of the great MGS 5 trailers
>Comments are people saying they wanted the game to be like the trailers and that the game was really disappointing
>Some of them actually say that they preferred MGS 4 or that MGS 5 sucks

Are MGSfags the worst fanbase in the world? A good MGS game is finally released 11 years after the last good one and all they do is bitch about it because it wasn't a 40 hours long movie.

Even to this day, the cancer that was MGS 4 continues to soil everything.
>>
>wait for 25 years for conclusion to series that tells the story of how Big Boss becomes the 'villain'
>it's half assed shit like DINE, COPULATE, VOCAL CHORDS

Fuck you, fuck MGS 5, fuck Konami, and fuck Kojima.
>>
>Are MGSfags the worst fanbase in the world?
Actually yes. MGSV is the first game to actually realize that when it puts the shitty story in the backseat, it leaves room for great gameplay, and then the autists come along complaining they didn't get their nuclear snake fanfic realized like in MGS4.
>>
>>318265541
>Even to this day, the cancer that was MGS 4 continues to soil everything

MGSV brought Volgin back to life by the power of being really mad. The same game that gave a scientific explanation for The End's photosynthesis (parasites) and Psycho Mantis' powers (microwaves).
>>
>>318265701
>unironically caring about story
>in a series with potentially one of the worst written and most incoherent stories in the entire videogames medium
you deserved to be disappointed anon
>>
File: bebe.jpg (31 KB, 343x362) Image search: [Google]
bebe.jpg
31 KB, 343x362
>It's a "The Content I Lost, The Story I Lost" comment
>>
>>318265701
>half assed shit

It's not half assed.

IT DOESN'T EXIST.
>>
File: 215097_1.jpg (11 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
215097_1.jpg
11 KB, 285x214
>>318265701
I have nothing but complete and utter contempt for plebs like you

I'd honestly need to have ten world class poets to join together and brainstorm and analyze me to properly write up a post that would rightfully tell you how much of a fucking idiot you are.

THE STORY OF HOW BIG BOSS BECAME A VILLAIN WAS ALREADY EXCELLENTLY TOLD A FUCKING DECADE AGO IN METAL GEAR SOLID 3, YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>
MGSV was an unfinished piece of shit
>>
>>318265541
>mgsv is literally the best MGS game ever to exist
>the best free roam stealth game ever made
>creates and establishes numerous game mechanics for the first time that will become standards in the future
>optimized
>almost 0 glitches or bugs
>goty

gamers have become entitled. The only people that dislike MGSV are people that either arent fans of stealth games or mgs

It's literally a game of a generation. one of the best freeroam games ever made THE best MGS ever made and the best freeroam stealth game ever made.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>318266004
The secret hidden scene that shows how Big Boss became a villain, do not click the spoiler if you don't want it to be spoiled.
>>
>>318266190
I think MGS 3 is still better, but I agree with your general sentiment. Fuck the MGS fanbase.
>>
>>318265541
lmao nice bait, it actually worked
>>
>>318266232
I don't know man. I'd say it's the end of PW. To him, the Boss was nothing but good. So when he finally got over her and threw away the bandanna, he lost his last sliver of good in him.
>>
>>318265541
MGS 5 is the worst MGS game, but still okay
>>
File: Displeased Pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Displeased Pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>318265914
>It's a "Seeing the 'cut content' in this trailer makes me go NUCLEEEAAAAAAAAR" comment
>>
>>318266449
Really? Was MGSV really the absolute worst MGS game?

Not MGS: TTS?

Not Acid, or Acid 2?

Not MGS PO?

Not MGS Mobile?

Not MGS Touch?

Not MGS Social Ops?
>>
>>318266636
or MGS4
or PW
or MGS2
>>
>>318266387
The ending of PW did make his villainy even more clear yes, but in my opinion, that ending (and game) were already completely unnecessary.

3's ending told the story of how a loyal soldier became disgruntled with the entire government and how soldiers like him are just tools. It was all the motivation Big Boss needed to do the shit he ended up doing.

PW just made it much less subtle. And people were begging for it to get even less subtle with 5, and fuck them for it.
>>
People who are disappointed by the lack of story are in the wrong medium. It's a 10/10 game. Go read a book or something
>>
>>318266636
MGS Acid and Acid 2 are actually pretty fun games.
Portable Ops is not particularly good, but it's way better than Peace Walker.

MGS 5 is 100% better than 2, 4 and Peace Walker, and it's arguably on par with 1.
>>
>>318266636
worst main series game
>>
>>318265701
>the story of how Big Boss becomes the 'villain'

But that was supposed to be every single one of the games he's the main character of.
>>
>>318266870
4 is a fucking joke of a game and you are legitimately braindead if you think that game was better than 5.
>>
>>318266875
And 3 achieved it, so the story hook of Peace Walker and Phantom Pain have always been retarded from the get go.
>>
>>318266190
>creates and establishes numerous game mechanics for the first time that will become standards in the future
Such as?
>>
>>318266917
2 is also worse than 5, despite how many hipster faggots will jump to it's defense.
>>
>>318266870
You wanna know how I know you have shit tastes?
>>
>A good MGS game is finally released 11 years
>MGSV
>A good MGS game

Look, the gameplay was fun but this time the story actually made me really turn on the series. I have a bunch of MGS collectible shit that I am planning on selling now because I hate this fucking series.
>>
>>318267270
that's pretty fucking autistic of you
>>
>>318266917
Well thats what I still think. I actually just had a discussion about MGS V with a friend of mine who is a game reviewer. We both thought the same way, agreeing that it could have been a lot better if it wasn't for the open world, and a few other things.

>>318267051
Well, 2 is my favourite of the series so you got me there

>>318267103
suuure
>>
>>318266772
Finally someone who's not a fucking idiot
>>
>>318265541
>MGS4 is the cancer
>not MGS3
lol
>>
>>318267270
What will you do when the Nuclear Disarmament event happens and Chapter 3 is unlocked, giving us a proper ending?
>>
>>318265541
>game is terrible
>hurr hurr is the fanbase is shitty
>>
File: Clint Eastwood is mad.gif (857 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
Clint Eastwood is mad.gif
857 KB, 240x228
>MGS 5 IS GOING TO *LITERALLY* BE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST IN VIDEO GAME FORMAT, IT WILL BE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME AND NOTHING WILL EVER TOP IT EVER AGAIN, THIS IS IT, BROS, WE'RE LIVING IN THE MOMENT, THE PERFECT CONCLUSION TO THE SAGA. WHO HAS THEIR HELIUM TANKS READY? LET'S BE HONEST, LET'S JUST KILL OURSELVES BECAUSE NOTHING WILL EVER BE MORE PERFECT THAN MGS 5, FUCK YES, 6 MONTHS LEFT, WHO HYPE HERE?

Guys... It's just gonna be a good, maybe even great game, not the most per-

>SHUT UP, LET US BE HYPED FOR THIS UPCOMING MASTERPIECE, NOFUNALLOWED.JPG THIS IS GONNA BE SO FUCKING PERFECT OH MY GOD

>Game gets released

>WHAT THE FUCK? THE STORY IS DISAPPOINTING, THIS SHIT SUCKS, WHERE ARE THE CUTSCENES? WHERE'S THE MUH NUCLEAAAAAAAR? A WHOLE CHAPTER IS MISSING! THE GAME CAN'T BE LIKE THIS. KONAMI MUST HAVE RUINED IT ON PURPOSE. FUUUUUUUUCK. WHAT THE FUCK? THIS GAME IS JUST EXCELLENT, NOT THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN ANY MEDIUM EVER

Yeah, it was a pretty fun game like I expected tho-

>NO SHUT THE FUCK UP, THIS IS THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY LIFE. THIS IS WORSE THAN FUCKING MGS 4.

>mfw
>>
>>318267293
MGS 4 would be better if it was an actual game
>>
>>318267439
Far Cry 3 had more challenging and unforgiving stealth than MGSV and you could always go gun blazing without feeling game punishes you for it.
>>
>>318267490
Still though, MGS 4 has actual boss battles, the gameplay it has is not repetitive like in mgs V and the story moves forward with every mission unlike in V.

4 has almost as much gameplay as 5 does, really. In V you just do the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>318267594
well isn't it a good thing , being able to use all the cool weapons in game
>>
>>318267804
I was still referring to FC3 about that part.

There's Demonism and Heroism points in TPP after all.
>>
>>318267759
That's the most retarded thing I have ever heard.
>>
File: dinodog.jpg (231 KB, 1500x906) Image search: [Google]
dinodog.jpg
231 KB, 1500x906
I thought it was the most mature and well-written story the series has offered so far. The parasites are infinitely cooler than nanomachines and I really enjoyed the background story behind them and their connection to language. The big twist was cheesy in a great way, it ties the whole story together nicely while making the player part of the legend. The gameplay was fantastic. Smooth controls, tons of gear customization, excellent transition between stealth and action.

Haters gonna hate, I loved every second of it
>>
>>318268039
>Muh horn
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>318268317
Agreed
>>
>>318266975
Nah
>>
>>318266087
Wait, how the hell did he become a villain in 3 exactly? He didn't shake that guys hand?
>>
>>318268317
>mature
>well written
Sure buddy. It's a self insert waifufag simulator with parasite zombies where nothing actually gets explored in depth but lightly touched on in cassette tapes in the hopes that you think mentioning racism once or twice means you've got a deep story on your hands. Attempting to metal gear into a colorless "mature" game means the whole thing collapses on itself because it's too stupid to survive in a very serious setting.
>>
File: 1437356597217.png (160 KB, 629x884) Image search: [Google]
1437356597217.png
160 KB, 629x884
>>318266997
My dick in your mouth
>>
It wasn't that bad but it could have been much more storywise.
>>
File: 1444897868987.jpg (159 KB, 450x502) Image search: [Google]
1444897868987.jpg
159 KB, 450x502
>>318268317
>The parasites are infinitely cooler than nanomachines
>the background story behind them and their connection to language
>The big twist was cheesy in a great way, it ties the whole story together nicely while making the player part of the legend.
>it ties the whole story together nicely
>while making the player part of the legend
i really just dont know any more
>>
>>318272317
also bosses were not at the level of the old entries
>>
>>318272205
>nofun.jpg
>>
>>318272205

What did you want explored more in-depth exactly? I really don't understand this obsession people have with covering more of the story, I expected MGS V to have a shit story because we already know everything that's going to happen.

Also I find it hilarious that you say

>waifufag simulator with parasite zombies where nothing actually gets explored in depth
>it's too stupid to survive in a very serious setting

Have you even played a MGS game before or are you just completely blinded by nostalgiagoggles? Holy fucking shit
>>
>>318265541
It was alright.

I think the real beef people have with it is that it was spread way too thin, and good juicy stuff was cut out of the end.

Imagine how much better the game would have been if:

>Ground Zeroes didn't come out early and was Act 1 of Phantom Pain. Less hype would mean less disappointment, and everything would just be a lot tighter and more satisfying with it all happening at once.
>All of the irrelevant missions in the middle were cut out entirely. I like the idea of laying low and doing "wetwork" but in a series where the story is so central, having several missions that have nothing to do with anything ends up really hurting the pacing.
>Episode 51 hadn't been cut. There's a lot of missing shit in this game, but Kingdom of the Flies being gone and incomplete is just cruel, and would have been an amazing mission to end the game with. All of the other cut content pales in comparison to this.

I enjoyed it immensely and don't regret my purchase, but it could and should have been so much more.
>>
>>318272547
It needed to have nothing less than a recreation of MG1 where you play as solid snake... everything else like what we got is shit
>>
>>318272547
>Have you even played a MGS game before
>nostalgia goggles
I love these arguments,does TPP feel anything like a classical MGS game to you? GZ is the one that got the tone and the atmosphere right, TPP had god tier writing and atmosphere in hospital + kaz rescue, afterwards it all goes crashing down with honorable mentions to shining lights mission and the one with volgin's bossfight.
>>
File: 1442236564430.jpg (26 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1442236564430.jpg
26 KB, 238x357
>>318265541
>preferred MGS 4 or that MGS 5
Well shit, they're right then.
>>
>>318268145
>heard
But you're the retarded one.
>>
>>318274493
>does TPP feel anything like a classical MGS game to you

>it's not mgs3 so it's SHIT
>>
>>318266087
>THE STORY OF HOW BIG BOSS BECAME A VILLAIN WAS ALREADY EXCELLENTLY TOLD A FUCKING DECADE AGO IN METAL GEAR SOLID 3, YOU FUCKING RETARD.
How can anyone be this retarded? Lets look at Metal Gear Solid 3's story

>"Hey Snake, you have to kill me because its your duty and that's what really matters, not personal feelings and friendships. If I taught you anything its that."
>"But Boss, killing people is bad. I mean, yeah I served in WW2 in a combat position just like everyone else and I apparently care enough about your wishes to found like 3 different nations and talking about respecting your ideals but I'm not going to do the one thing I've spent years doing and you want me to do because I'm apparently uncomfortable with killing people even though I've done this a million times before."
>>
>>318274985
>implying it needs to be like MGS3 specifically
It wasn't even my argument, it simply didn't have anything that made the previous games good
>>
>>318274641
MGS4 isn't better than anything
>>
>>318275243
sure it does, and it has a bunch of it's own unique shit to make it even better
>>
>>318274493

What the fuck does "feel like a classical MGS game" even mean? There are gigantic differences between MGS 1,2,3 and 4. That's one of the coolest things about the series. Did you actually play them when they were released? Every MGS release has always been met with the same tired "OMG IT'S NOT HOW IT USED TO BE!" argument.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded more story content in MGS V, especially since it felt more consistent than ever, but I'm far from disappointed.
>>
I just like to pretend that the series stopped after MGS3
>>
>>318275425
It brought nothing unique to the table
>MB management and development like PW
>MB being a physical place doesn't mean shit cause its a fucking graveyard with nothing going on
>Devs outright lied that you could interact with unique characters there
>Promised stuff like practicing with soldiers at CQC,shooting ranges,Helicopters coming and going, making it feel more livelier
>open world doesn't even mean shit cause its there to artificially extend the game with traveling between bases with nothing in between

>>318275652
>protagonist is fucking mute
>trying too hard with a 'twist' that was easily figured out at the start of the game
>taking itself too seriously
>zero exposition
>zero character development
>zero plot,zero cutscenes
>rehashed gameplay not offering anything unique
>minimal easter eggs
>the game as a whole is irrelevant to the whole saga and might as well been a spin off
>cut the codec in favor of tapes,fine
>but tapes don't offer even 30% of what the PW ones did
>>
>>318267439
This. I expected a pretty good game and got a pretty good game
>>
>>318276009
>It brought nothing unique to the table

yeah sure ok
>>
>>318276174
Nice counter argument
>>
>>318276009
>omg helicopters and animals aren't walking around mother base the game sucks why I am still hear ;_;
>>
File: 1443662271611.png (320 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
1443662271611.png
320 KB, 500x533
>>318276009
>zero exposition
>zero character development
>zero plot,zero cutscenes

Oh, it's one of THESE posts
>>
>>318276009
it is a spinoff you fucking dick
>>
MGSV is hilarious because it fully exposed its fanbase as ridiculously autistic in an almost parallel of Undertale

>Undertale gets a great but not mindblowing game, everyone loses their minds over it and praises it as the greatest game ever made
>Metal Gear Solid gets a great but not mindblowing game, everyone loses their minds over it and considers it the worst game ever made, denouncing the entire series over it
>>
>>318276289
The fucking mute character had the biggest development arc, i think that speaks in volumes about the rest. The only saving grace was Kaz

>>318276363
There's a big 5 plastered all over the title

>>318276260
>sucking konami cock this hard
Its thanks to people like you that the industry is churning out this shit
>>
>>318275190
Big Boss never fought in WWII you fucking retard. Virtuous mission was the first time he went on a real, non-training, mission.
>>
>>318276649
Huey had the most development and is the best villain in the series
>>
MGSV is better than 4 but its still a shit game.
>>
>>318276649

Aww did pissbaby throw his rattle out of the pram? Oh goodness you poor thing.
>>
>>318265701
You already know how he became the villain due to MGS3, MGSPW, MG1, MG2 and now MGSV?
>>
>>318276793
Getting keked counts as development?
>>
File: 1439458486329.jpg (89 KB, 679x516) Image search: [Google]
1439458486329.jpg
89 KB, 679x516
>>318276863
>>
>>318276649
there's also a big "Operations" plastered after the title. It's the conclusion of the PO spinoff series
>>
>>318277029
Its still advertised as the missing link in the saga
>>
No one played MGS for the gameplay. How else would you faggots get this far into the series otherwise? The gameplay was practically non existent in the first place, apart from being a 3D pacman. The story was always the main attraction so stop pretending otherwise.
>>
>>318276684
>Born circa 1935,[8] Jack’s military career dated back to the 1950s, when he participated in the Korean War as a teenager and later joined the Green Berets. In 1950, he met The Boss and became her apprentice after which point she trained him in combat, demolition, and intel gathering techniques. At some point, he learned how to snipe in urban and marine environments,[9] and took part in survival training exercises, where he ate snakes for the first time.[10]
>By late 1964, Jack had been awarded the Army Achievement Ribbon, the Good Conduct Ribbon, Defense Distinguished Service Ribbon, Korean Service Ribbon, a ribbon that resembles the Vietnam Service Ribbon, and the Distinguished Service Cross Ribbon, along with several others.[15] However, based on the fact that Jack had joined the Green Berets, he most likely would have been awarded the Combat Infantryman Badge as well. At some point between 1962 and 1964, he joined Major Zero's FOX unit.

You're right about WW2 but wrong about everything else.
>>
>>318276935
No, but him turning from "Literally Huey in a wheelchair who shouldn't even exist as a character" to a despicable yet pitiful man who literally can't stop building giant death robots while doing everything he possibly can to cover his own ass, going so far that even he believes his own lies, is
>>
>>318277070
that was one line in one trailer and depending on how you looked at it, it did fill a missing link in the story. You're just looking for reasons to get upset
>>
>>318277131
Literally Otacon in a wheelchair*
>>
>>318265809
>unironically caring about story
>in a fucking metal gear game

HAHAHAHAHAHA

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SERIES YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?!??!??

HELLO?!??!?
>>
>>318277139
Check the interviews with Kojima, he outright said it was about BB and completing the circle
>>
>>318265701

>implying you were playing MG 25 years ago.
>implying your pops even generated your substandard individual sperm 25 years ago
>implying you didnt just rush the series starting august this year
>>
>>318277279
It did complete the circle... did you take that to mean V would end the moment MG1 starts?
>>
>>318277070
Every game after 2 has been advetized as that, and MGS4 is the only one which came through on that promise.

And 4 did it in such a terrible and unredeemable way that the series was pretty much ruined because no matter how you look at it, it ends as a massive turd. So because of that, I'm fine with V being a fairly self contained story
>>
File: colonel.jpg (40 KB, 339x449) Image search: [Google]
colonel.jpg
40 KB, 339x449
>>318265541
I like all the MGS games desu senpai but the best is still 2
>>
Not surprised, MGS has been going down hill since MGS2. Its same hollow story retold over and over again, in new coating and packaging.
>>
>>318277349
It fucking didn't, BB built OH offscreen, that was that was relevant to the saga that was merely mentioned in TPP.
>>
>>318277129
Either way your point about him killing "millions of times" before was retarded. There's literally no mention of that anywhere and it should be pretty obvious that he's never killed considering the opening is called the "virtuous (synonym for purity) mission."

Also the mention of sniping in urban and marine environments was an obvious 4th wall break about the player having played MGS1 and 2. I don't know why you bothered to include that when it was never meant to be taken literally.
>>
>>318277238
Really? You played MGS1 for that stellar gameplay? No, you didn't, you never played it and don't know what the hell youre talking about
>>
>>318277635
So you still can't refute the main point, instead resorting to lame insults?
>>
>>318277367
>So because of that, I'm fine with V being a fairly self contained story
Only V unnecessarily retcons the Cobras powers by stating it was PARASITES, ruins Mantis by making him Liquid's bitchboy and ruined Ocelot's character too
>>
>>318277651
MGS1 has wonderful gameplay I don't know what you're complaining about
>>
>>318277651

Not him, but MGS has stellar gameplay in the transition from 2D top down to 3D era of the PS1, much like RE1-3 or FF7-9.

It's just faggots like you who played it in August who think otherwise.
>>
>>318277129
which part of this confirms he went on a mission? first part is training, second is a mention of participation awards.
>>
>>318277867
No it doesn't. Even at the time it felt really clunky and stiff, not to mention extremely limiting for a game that tried to sell itself as a tactical espionage action game. The gameplay was only a half step further advanced from its Metal Gear days. That's really bad for a 1998 game.
>>
>>318278072

You really know a lot about the year you were born, huh
>>
>>318278072
whatever fag I'm having fun
>>
>>318277749
Your main point was that he had killed "millions of times" before, and that was refuted. Where in my last post did I insult you?
>>
>>318277913
Metal Gear Solid was instead a top down 3D game. The angle was the fucking same, the only difference being 3D models. It's pathetic, but even fights like the helicopter operated on a 2D plane rather than a 3D one, which kinda defeated the point of being 3D in the first place. What I'm trying to say here is that MGS is basically a 2D game.
>>
>>318278013
You only get the Distinguished Service Cross for being in a combat situation.
>>
I got here late, just wanted to call OP the retarded faggot that he is.

MGS4 was a major down-step from MGS3 which is the series peak title in many ways, however the ending was beautifully done and didn't leave you feeling like Kojima had to rush out the fucking game.

MGSV was a disaster and a major, major disappointment in various avenues, including gameplay, which is more repetitive than ever and is worse for padding than Peace Walker.
>>
>>318278149
Too bad for you fun can't be used as an objective measure of a games quality.
>>
>>318278150
No, my main point was that he is already familiar with killing people. Can you give a single source where someone says "Naked Snake has never killed someone before this mission"?
>>
File: 1443364618813.jpg (39 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1443364618813.jpg
39 KB, 600x338
>>318277394
good taste, MGS2 is my favorite game of all time
>>
>>318278246

>MGS is a 2D game

no shit sherlock, so how is that bad?

and don't pull out the 1998 card, no PS1 game was a stellar 3D game, that shit didn't happen outside of the N64 and the following gen
>>
>>318265716
The gameplay was shit. You fucking people are cancer. It had no bosses and the entire game was just sit on top of a hill and kill everybody in a place before you walk over and take it over or just air strike them all with your infinite money.

Fucking open world faggots need to stick to their shit games and not cancer up the rest of ours.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>318272176
>>318275190
Watch this video again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKGqNWKhxk

Big Boss went on a hellish mission to kill her master, leader and lover. He was always thought to be a soldier and he respected her as a soldier. He went on to fight her and kill her, and after he does that, Eva tells him what happened after the fact. She was forever disgraced and despised by every person in the world and as a war criminal.

Your lover being a pure tool of the state, not only did she die for her country, she completely disgraced herself and had all of her team wiped out.

At the end of the video, Big Boss salutes her in the grave and Eva tells him she was a true patriot. This is when the music takes a dark turn, because at this point it becomes obvious why Naked Snake became Big Boss.

The whole thing about him running away from the government, going to Costa Rica, being a mercenary with nukes, all of that shit was retconned in later.

Conneting MGS 3 to MG 1 and 2 is much more easier if you ignore everything past MGS 3. He kept working for the state, kept sacrificing himself for the state, and then, when the chance came, many decades later, he stroke down and had a chance to make the perfect world for soldiers who wouldn't be tools for countries.

That's the story of Big Boss, that's why he became a villain, it was perfectly explained. All the retarded bullshit on Peace Walker can be ignored, and all the retarded bullshit on MGS 4 should be ignored as well.

And yet people actually dare suggest that MGS 5 didn't give enough of a reason to have Big Boss turn evil. Fuck you faggots. That no fucking reason exists.

Give me a fucking break and kill yourselves.
>>
File: liquid-ocelot.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
liquid-ocelot.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
You guys can talk shit about MGS4, but you have to admit, this is one of the best moments/endings in the series
>>
>>318278246
Do you have a mental disability?
>>
>>318278620
But there is no man who sold da world?
>>
>>318278615
MGS3 should have been the only Big Boss game. That ending was explanation enough.
>>
>>318278597

>MY entire game was just sit on top of a hill and kill everybody in a place before you walk over

fixed it for you anon
>>
File: 2ppf13twuz2.jpg (124 KB, 576x1598) Image search: [Google]
2ppf13twuz2.jpg
124 KB, 576x1598
>>318278318
>however the ending was beautifully done
You're retarded, the ending is actually the worst thing about MGS 4, and there are a million of terrible things about that game.
>>
File: 1429121610189.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1429121610189.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
MGSV would have been 10/10 if it was instead called Tom Clancy's Guerilla Army Simulator '85, had no story and put all that little effort that was put into that story into making more varied levels and missions and a customizable base.
>>
>>318278246
>Never killing anyone as a Green Beret in multiple wars

kek

I'm sure they sent him on an insanely important mission to stop nuclear war because he was a pacifist bro.
>>
File: 1340219962230.gif (271 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
1340219962230.gif
271 KB, 500x468
>>318278615
>MGS3 babbies think this is good storytelling
>MGS3 babbies get this defensive when someone has the audacity to question their opinions
Holy shit anon, read a book before getting so defensive over schlock written by a film school failure.
>>
>>318278774
I see some garbage memanga in your image so thankfully I can skip it and lose nothing. Continue having horrible opinions after stepping into the franchise 20 years later.
>>
>>318278774
Kojima wanted to shit on Snake even more by making him and Otacon get executed, still don't know why he hated SS so much
>>
>>318278620
MGS4 was great, sure it had a convoluted story, but everything else was top tier
>>
>>318278479
>no PS1 game was a stellar 3D game

Obviously some games did, like Armored Core, but otherwise not all games had to do 3D. In Metal Gear's case they had to but they didn't, because it was the next logical step for the series in enhancing its gameplay experience. It's a poor stealth game because it doesn't utilize 3D well which is pretty much a 100% must, Thief proved it, a game that was released in the same year as the first MGS. MGS was an unfortunate game with gameplay still stuck in the 80's, and even that they kinda fucked up with how bad the controls were.
>>
>>318275190
What are you talking about?

It's more like

>Hey Snake, you have to kill me because if you don't everybody will die and if you are like me you love your country because I want all war to end and war is shit but they didn't stop doing it so here we are.
>Wow this fucking sucks I can't believe they are using me for this I'm going to go get a nuke and live on a brig because I love war.
>>
>>318277120
MGS games have great gameplay and boss battles.

Well 1 2 3 and 4 do anyway.
>>
>>318278597
>It had no bosses
GOOD

MGS bosses are cancer
>>
>>318278705
Exactly, which is why the criticism that MGS 5 didn't show us Big Boss going evil is fucking retarded and I hate these faggots:

>>318265701
>wait for 25 years for conclusion to series that tells the story of how Big Boss becomes the 'villain'

>>318266004
>IT DOESN'T EXIST.

>>318272176
>Wait, how the hell did he become a villain in 3 exactly?

The worst one has to be this faggot

>because I'm apparently uncomfortable with killing people even though I've done this a million times before

He obviously had connections with The Boss but he still killed her, because he was a soldier.

And then he realized that she was never a traitor, she did nothing to deserve it, she had a mission of getting herself killed and dishonored by the entire world to serve her countries mistakes.

That's why he fucking turned into a villain. Because the government basically sent his master, leader and lover to die.
>>
>>318278778

>game on /v/ is massively devalued because of headcanon expectations

what else is new

yes, I agree that more varied side ops would help

still a 10/10, maybe GOTY, haven't played BB expansion yet
>>
>>318278856
Not him but that image is almost spot on. The fucking ending of MGS4 was retarded. Almost the entirety of the plot in MGS4 was retarded.

It's literally LOOOOOOOOOL I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED SNAKE SO THE SPACE COMPUTERS WOULDN'T CATCH ON EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE WHO SAVED THEM BECAUSE I NEEDED THIS ULTIMATE RUSE TO DESTROY THEM NOW KILL ME SNAKE BTW UR GOING TO SEE BIG BOSS IN A CEMENTARY AND HE'S GOING TO BLAB ABOUT INTELLIGEBLE SHIT HTEN DIE OF A HEART ATTACAK

DID
U
RIKE
IT
>>
>>318278936
PKeks are the most annoying retards to ever walk the planet.

>HURRR A STEALTH GAME CAN'T BE GOOD WITHOUT 3D

Fuck off faggot go back to playing DotA all day on your Meme Machine.
>>
File: 1448728128004.jpg (287 KB, 1024x696) Image search: [Google]
1448728128004.jpg
287 KB, 1024x696
The ranting over mgsv is so ass terrible it's the only thing to actually make me consider quitting /v/ in over 10 fucking years.

> the trailers lied to me!
Of which 90% was in the fucking game from a director known for using misdirection since mgs2.
> I didn't get to play as big boss!
You did.
> I MEAN THE ORIGINAL
you did.
> But I didn't see his descent into villainy
You did.
> I didn't become a demon!
No kaz, you are the demon.
>no story!
As many cutscenes as the original mgs and hours of tapes.
>..c..cut content!
I don't care if the game is half finished, not counting mgo or fob, there's enough content to sink a ship.
> IT'S ALL REPETITIVE! GZ missions were varied.
only valid critique, but forgets quite literally everything the game throws at you that gz didn't have. There is simply mich more content than any other mainline mgs title and you aren't getting away by pretending the other metal gears had more variety.

I don't care if mgsv didn't have the epiphany of a second coming to you keks. I care that you pretend to have completely understood the game, wasted a hundred hours on it, only to bitch about your headcanon or pretend mgsv being incomplete makes it the worst mgs.
>>
>>318279351
>Not him
Brother, pls.
>>
>>318279318
It amazes me that all a game has to do now to be game of the year is have a literal barren desert with nothing in it but the exact same mission over 40 times and ok controls for a third person shooter.

The level design is literally a step back from MGS4 in every way, not to mention the fact that MGS4 had much more enemy variety and a better everything but graphics and frame rate.
>>
File: 1280197062524.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
1280197062524.gif
299 KB, 448x256
appreciate the fact you can disregard pw,gz and phantom pain.
>>
>>318279432
Seek help. You're getting visibly upset over a childs toy. MGS is fucking shit, shallow and was outdated when it came out, deal with it. The whole series was bad and Kojima is a hack. The only thing the series had going on for it at any point was the pants on head retarded story, which the 5th game completely threw out the window because the idiots actually thought they could do interesting gameplay. Turns out they couldn't, what a shock.
>>
>>318279664
Nobody thinks MGSV is game of the year except people paid to for Dorito Pope's awards show.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
Its annoying how this cutscene feels like an intro to another chapter/game
>>
File: Bravo.jpg (287 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bravo.jpg
287 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>318279664
No, MGS4 is a piece of shit and inferior in every single way, even the unfinished story of MGSV didn't feel as much of a slap in the face as MGS4's.
>>
>>318281223

dat spurgo shirt
>>
>>318281118
Hey protip, much like how mgsv canonically leads to mg1, that probably led to another game too.

But Sweetheart, games cost money, and I'm sorry that konami pulled the plug on a guy who probably wanted another 80 million to make those games for you!

I know, why don't you all start a kickstarter!
>>
personally I wish the game would have been in development for forever so we could forever ride the tide of insane hype and trailers :^)
>>
>People suggesting that this is just another example of kojima being ahead of the curve, as with MGS2
>Not just accepting it is an unfinished, bland waste of 80mil
>>
>>318265541
If the game was less repetitive i would've liked it.
>>
>>318279514
are you seriously defending it? Have you even played 4?
>>
>>318265809
>caring about story
>in a game series that has had at least 20 minutes of cutscenes per hour of gameplay

No duh
>>
>spends 80 million dollars on a fucking videogame
>no guys, dont you see, that was the FAKE game
K E K
E
K

The funny thing is I really think Kojima is insane enough to do it.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.