[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be a dealbreaker for you on this game? For me, if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u.jpg (280 KB, 1920x713) Image search: [Google]
the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u.jpg
280 KB, 1920x713
What would be a dealbreaker for you on this game?
For me, if it didn't have a Cave of Ordeals or some equivalent, I'd be mighty disappointed.
>>
I just wanna be link running through temples and shit, stop making me turn into wolves or fly on birds, fuck you
>>
>>318255987
an empty open world with nothing in it, that just exists to be ridden through.
>>
>>318256103
This, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back to Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>318255987

The only deal breaker would be if it goes to 3DS or something. I'm going to get it and I'm going to enjoy
>>
>>318255987
amiibo functionality. If I don't at least get a Luigi costume I'm out.
>>
Episodic release.
>>
If combat is still as boring, easy, and shitty as it's been since WW.
>>
Releases in 2 parts
>>
- Enemies doing 1/4 Heart damage.
- Attack spam working on every enemy.
- Fetch quests when new areas are introduced.
- Gimmick that adds nothing good (Wolf, Loftwing, etc.)
- Insufferably boring overworld

Honorable Mentions (wouldn't give up the game for it but it's a recurring problem)
- Lazy narrative
- Taking forever to tell us the lazy narrative
- Forgettable characters
- Unnecessarily long tutorial
- Useless rupees
- Linearity
- 1-trick 1-use items
>>
>>318255987

Requiring me to purchase a WiiU.

Ohwell. I have not completed a Zelda game since Wind Waker. Maybe the problem is me.
>>
Exploration

I just want a good world to explore
I know I'm asking for a lot, especially because the rumors about it are so overblown I'm sure it's gonna end up being a clusterfuck, but I still want to walk around finding caves and items, having my fun.

Also, no fucking helper. I don't need some floating thing to point out the obvious and block my way.
>>
Nothing really. I trust Nintendo when it comes to actual game design. Even when they fuck up their games are actually enjoyable.

The only way to deter me would be by making it a Free to Play shitfest.
>>
>>318257816
It is. Go play TP and SS.
>>
No online
>>
Waggling
Too cinematic
Washed out colors
Bloom

Any one of these
>>
>What would be a dealbreaker for you on this game?

Being an overly simplified game for five-year-olds on a shitty Nintendo platform.
>>
If the enemies don't challenge me beyond backflipping, sidestepping or waiting.
>>
From what I hear it's going to be an open world game, so I don't see how they can salvage it from being shit.
Then again, Zelda can't be filled with fetch quests and boring plot attempts, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope on them just making a regular Zelda game that is just non linear and has many places to explore. But I wouldn't count on it.
>>
File: 1447791170371.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1447791170371.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
>>318257816
Nah. According to some study nintey did a while ago, less than half of people ever finish their games. or maybe it wasn't a nintendo study. Well. Regardless, the problem is never the consumer. Your time is precious. Why waste your life on trash?

Yes, Zelda fans, newer Zeldas no longer have that universal appeal. Your games are niche jap exports clinging on to the nostalgia of better days.
>>
>>318257981

I could see TP happening at some point but I legitimately tried to play Skyward Sword and simply lost interest.

I'll need to find a save file in TP after all the intro shit. I've done it so many times but never gotten far.
>>
File: Joakim Mogren.jpg (48 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
Joakim Mogren.jpg
48 KB, 600x320
If you thought you were playing as Link the whole game only to find out in the end you were actually playing as Tingle.
>>
>>318258190

This isn't just a Nintendo thing, pretty much in general only 20% of people finish a game. Just look at trophy percentages on PSN, the ones for beating the game are usually around 15-25%.
>>
>>318258190

I was about to mention: >>318258402

Sometimes I look at the completion rate for games I enjoy like HL2: E2 and it's about 15%.

While I don't understand people who don't want to finish that game I'm one of those when it comes to new Zelda. For me it just feels like a massive waste of time. I'm not invested.
>>
File: 1425136939730.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1425136939730.png
15 KB, 300x300
>>318258402
This always bothered me because it's inacurate as fuck. What if someone bought a game, started it for shits and giggles but is actually planning to play and finish it later? What are backlogs?

These studies should straight out ask people if they intend to ever finish the game.

>>318258582
40 hours on Zelda is a waste of time but 1500 hours on assfaggots isn't?
>>
If they turn it into a modern open world game

You know what I mean. Generic fetch quests to pad out content. Lots of 'climb this tower to unlock a teleport point' etc. Open world games are ass because of it

It needs to be exactly what The first Legend of Zelda was. A big, structured world built around the idea of finding secrets and using clues to find dungeons, hidden shops etc. No questing, no bullshit, just exploration
>>
File: 1437072313691.gif (862 KB, 197x225) Image search: [Google]
1437072313691.gif
862 KB, 197x225
>>318258793
>40 hours on Zelda is a waste of time but 1500 hours on assfaggots isn't?

One is a boring slog with barely any real challenge aside from the same repetitive bullshit. The other you can share with your friends.
>>
File: Link_enfant_2_OoT.png (371 KB, 683x758) Image search: [Google]
Link_enfant_2_OoT.png
371 KB, 683x758
>>318255987
>>318257813
This pretty much reflects my thoughts. So instead of listing negatives. I'll list some positives that can help in making the game great.
+ Hero mode as an option from the beginning.
+ Enemies can parry your attacks, if you're too repetitive.
+ Quests that reward you with more depth from the characters and/or the world.
+ A fun new mechanic that's actually well thought out and versatile.(A "good gimmick", if you want to call it that)

+ A plot twist that you didn't see coming, but in retrospect, all the clues were there!
+ The start of the story is mostly told through action.
+ Characters have a tangible relationship to the world, and by exploring the world, you understand the connection they have.
+ The beginning tutorial of the game is immediately playable and dynamic.(akin to ALttP)
+ Solving side puzzles will reward you with rare upgrade materials, as well as rupees and heart pieces.
+ The game can be completely sequence broken, if you're skilled enough to defeat the enemies with weak equipment and low hearts. Plus, you have to be knowledgeable to actually know how to break the sequence.
+ Every item has multiple uses.

+Link doesn't look like an effeminate waif.
>>
>>318258969
>It needs to be exactly what The first Legend of Zelda was. A big, structured world built around the idea of finding secrets and using clues to find dungeons, hidden shops etc. No questing, no bullshit, just exploration

We've been wanting this since Majora's Mask. All we get is trains, puzzles, and hand holding. You think Anomonoman finally learned his lesson after SS?

The answer is:Don't be optimistic.
>>
File: 1444717287755.jpg (152 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444717287755.jpg
152 KB, 500x500
>>318259159
You can share everything with friends. Literally everything is fun with friends. Also of those 1500 hours I bet less than 10% was played with your ERP steam buddies and most of the games you played were with BR shits and underage faggots.

I want to murder you, I want you out of my hobby. It's because cancerous faggots like you that PC gaming has turned to shit.
>>
>>318258190
>the problem is never the consumer. Your time is precious. Why waste your life on trash?
But the consumer wastes it's life on trash all the time. The consumer is often the problem.
I don't think that's the case here. The quality of the series has declined over time. But for other stuff, the consumer often supports absolute garbage.
>>
File: 4061430.jpg (105 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4061430.jpg
105 KB, 400x400
>You must use the tablet to swing the master sword
>>
>>318259294
>Link doesn't look like an effeminate waif
Well you can write that one off right now
>>
File: 1243453535355756.gif (2 MB, 490x524) Image search: [Google]
1243453535355756.gif
2 MB, 490x524
In all honesty, this game is taking too long to come out. That alone is pissing me off, along with the lack of information which suggests that the game is shit and they're trying to hide that fact.

All it needs to be good is...

1. Lots and lots of dungeons/temples
I hear people saying 8-12, but really, I wouldn't mind more. Maybe 12 actual large dungeons with a large selection of mini dungeons too.

2. Enemies that are actually dangerous.
Going from the light world to the dark world in alttp gave enemies a fairly sizable boost in terms of their threat level. Maybe not in terms of AI, but getting hit by them would punish the fuck out of you. I think touching the cyclops enemies did 4-8 hearts of damage if I recall correctly

3. Bosses that aren't a fucking joke
No Zelda game has had this yet. As a long term fan, I can honestly say that the bosses are not of of the series high points. No, I'm not suggesting making them extremely difficult, but just making them not the push overs that we're used to seeing would only benefit the game.

4. An overworld that isn't devoid of enemies and stuff to do.
Again, I'm gonna use alttp here. A link to the past, while not being a 3D game, had a great overworld. Lots of enemies, lots of places of interest, lots to do. Quite a few secrets too.

5. No 4 hour long intro
Stop this Nintendo. I swear, this is quite literally one of the worst things about new Zelda games. They're trying too hard on story elements that we quite literally couldn't give a fuck about.
No, I don't give a fuck what link is doing before he becomes the hero we love, and no I don't want to run errands for villagers. Give Link a sword and send him on his way within the first 20 minutes of starting up the game.
Even fucking OoT did this right. You wake up, get your sword and shield then dive into the first dungeon.

6. No filler 'quests'.
Tadtones and Stealth mountain section from Skyward Sword were disgustingly bad.
>>
>>318255987
>motion controls
>some gay shit like dousing
>riding/sailing/flying through a massive, completely empty world to get everywhere
>lack of good, lengthy dungeons
>lack of substantial side content
>voiced characters
>3 phase bosses, but they're going to be in anyways because nintendo
>easy combat, but it'll be in anyways because nintendo
>items that can only be used for one dungeon and are basically useless elsewhere, although this doesn't have to apply to every single one of them
>>
>>318259463
The quality of the series has declined overtime but even the weakest entries are solid games better than 95% of the trash that gets released. I'd rather replay Skyward Sword than play the latest Fallout.

The consumers seem to have a bias against good games, all the shit games marketing seems to have worked. Niggers can't focus on 20 minutes of exposition but have 1000 hours on Counter Strike and 300 on Call of Duty.
>>
>>318255987
If it's no better than Skyward Sword, that'll be the deal breaker for e with this series
>>
>>318260013
They're going to have to try really hard to be worse than Skyward Sword.
>>
I hope it has dungeons as good as Skyward Swords were. They were the best part of the game.
>>
>>318255987
if its not as open as zelda 1 and dark souls-esque combat. I know its a meme to say the "dark souls of X" but think about it, that type of combat would fit 3d zelda well. if you have played zelda 1 you know how absurdly difficult the combat and just surviving was in the later dungeons.
>>
>>318260737
Difficulty in Zelda 1 came from bad game design and lack of knowledge about difficulty progression.
>>
>>318260737
id like to elaborate more and say that i hope it doesnt have inane and childish "puzzles" of the environmental kind and focuses much more on combat. i hope there are genuine secrets instead of very apparent keyholes in the level design that you just flip to your key in your inventory and go on with your day.
>>
>>318260791
not all games have to be fairness simulators. IT FELT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKIN ADVENTURE MAN. I'd say the vast majority of people on here haven't gone through half of zelda one and thats a shame because it is the most zelda game out there. the later games took all the wrong elements from it and ruined the series.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.