[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent you playing Albion Online /v/? • Crafting &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: pvp-fight-zoom.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pvp-fight-zoom.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why arent you playing Albion Online /v/?

• Crafting & Player Driven Economy (all items AND buildings are crafted by the players)

• Territorial Combat (You can claim territories or conquer territories from other players, burn down their self-constructed villages)

• PvP & Full Loot (dying means serious consequences and if you die everything can be taken from you)
>>
>>318255212
What a cluster fuck that webm is. Holy shit is this what people are playing these days. Some weird austismal hybrid of wow and dota?
>>
>>318255212
Hi Albion Online marketer
>>
because i'm not -that- casual
>>
Fuck I was interested because it said Albion.
Jokes on me.
Fucking shills.
>>
>>318255212
i dont wanna pay 30$ for a mobile game
>>
>>318255212
>pre-order pls :)
fuck off
>>
>>318255442
>>318255212
Somebody contact Ubisoft and tell them someone is stealing the Albion name?
>>
Looks pretty cool, similar to Runescape
>>
File: White_cliffs_of_dover_09_2004.jpg (32 KB, 660x261) Image search: [Google]
White_cliffs_of_dover_09_2004.jpg
32 KB, 660x261
>>318255568
Somebody contact the UK government and tell them someone is stealing the Albion name?
>>
>>318255212
because it's obvious how pay2win it's gonna be

any dev that makes you pay loads of money to get in a beta ends up making their game pay2win
>>
>>318255757
Heroes of the Storm charged and isnt p2w
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwr0lU9Y8mI
>>
>>318255867
you pay for a heroes. Heroes have impact on a game. So basically its p2w shit.
>>
>>318255442
This, goddamn.
>>
>>318255973
But I havent spent a dime on it and have all the heroes
>>
>>318255212
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH WAIT

You're serious...

Here, let me kill myself and ascend to a higher plane so that i may be capable of experiencing such a humorous and pitiful concept.
>>
>>318255348
And a bit of Magicka it seems.
>>
Because you have to pay to beta test their game for them.

Paying to beta test a f2p game at that.
>>
>>318256425
I forgot /v/ hates early access because they cant pirate it
>>
>>318255212
>dying means serious consequences and if you die everything can be taken from you

congrats on a dead game. very few want to playa game where hard work can be ruined and stolen from you in 5 seconds of a griefer killing you unfairly.

i mean... no. death penalties in games have been toned down for good reason. Nothing that has anything serious is going to go very far.
>>
File: 1404954553134.gif (2 MB, 486x583) Image search: [Google]
1404954553134.gif
2 MB, 486x583
>>318256561
>Paying to do the dev's job for a free game

Hey you wanna beta test my fence a new coat of paint? I'll charge you $50, that's half price!
>>
why didn't they just call it Albi Online
>>
>>318256594
You only lose everything in red/black zones
Yellow zones people can kill you and you lose durability
>>
>>318255212
Because it looks boring as FUCK
>>
>>318256814
>>>/lolg/
>>
File: Albion.jpg (182 KB, 900x404) Image search: [Google]
Albion.jpg
182 KB, 900x404
>>318255442
>>
>>318256769
its sound like ISIS online game
>>
Banner ads are 20$, fucknut.

Fuck off and advertise someplace else.
>>
File: Albion_5[1].png (37 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Albion_5[1].png
37 KB, 320x200
>>318256898
Close anon. slightly more organic though.
>>
>>318255212
i am playing it.

tho your explanation of the game is seriously light.

its guild-based territorial combat only.

its impossible to be a solo-player and compete.

Moba based combat.
>>
>>318255212
>• PvP & Full Loot (dying means serious consequences and if you die everything can be taken from you)
If I ever thought about playing it, I sure am not going to now.
>>
>>318257126
What a baby.
>>
>>318256594
you should see the tears and salt ingame
"OMG I DIED AND LOST ALL MY SHIT"
"why no one tell me dieing means losing my founder gear :( i paid for it i want it back"

"OMG BETA GETS WIPED?!?!?!"
"why wipe? we paid for bonus we want to keep it"
"omg all my hard work for nothing?!?!?"
>>
>Crafting & Player Driven Economy (all items AND buildings are crafted by the players)
Shit gimmick idea.
>Territorial Combat (You can claim territories or conquer territories from other players, burn down their self-constructed villages)
Even shittier idea.
>PvP & Full Loot (dying means serious consequences and if you die everything can be taken from you)
Shittiest idea unless you can take a character from 0 to endgame in 30 mins, and even then it's questionable.

>Webm looks awful
I'm sorry but your game sounds awful developer man.
>>
>>318256883
You also looking boring as FUCK
>>
>>318256594
>what is runescape
>what is fucking minecraft
>>
File: 1446054449420.jpg (33 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
1446054449420.jpg
33 KB, 800x611
>>318257294

weird. I actually like those ideas. im mostly offput by the shekels upfront preorder, cartoony graphics and fanatical devotion to multiplatform
>>
>>318255212

"Free to play" game you have to pay to play and is also pay to win big time.
>>
>>318257294
the crafting and player driven is actually done decently. - but its grindy as fuck

i agree, they should let solo players claim or conquer territories , and this guy is defo shilling hard.

PvP and full loot is actually done well except for the tablet pandering (omg pc cant get any advantagdes because people need to have the ability to fight evenly on a tablet even tho it sucks to fight on a tablet and its mostly used for gathering/crafting)

its dived into Tier 1-8 currently(planning on going T10 i think i read somewhere)
T1-3 takes 2~3 hours top to reach, and you dont lose progress on what to use or craft, only the gear and items in inventory.
so gear is easily replaced.
T4 is usually the threshhold for entering proper PvP tho T3 can contend with T4 since the powerlevels arent very wide, tho there is a slight gap at T4 to 5 other than that the tiers are pretty close.

grindy as fuck for anything but combat tho.

still lovin' it tho, not putting in too much untill release since wipe.
>>
>>318256561
i.... what? I'm not even him but really? You can most definitely pirate an early access game.

Paying for beta access isn't something most people think is a good deal. Especially when the released product will be free. You'd only want to do that if you love the concept and potential of the game and would like to participate and fund the endeavor. Grim Dawn for example, i like titan quest, i want the makers of titanquest to make another game so i bought into their beta. You can't really expect people who aren't as invested as someone like me to buy into an unfinished/buggy product, especially when they could just wait and try it for free. If you think everyone should think its a good deal, you're either delusional or honestly retarded.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.