[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 2953459-lis_ep5_sc6.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2953459-lis_ep5_sc6.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
overall i don't regret playing it, but the ending was a massive disappointment
i hope someday dontnod rises from mediocrity
>>
Pretty good. People meme it up as a tumblr game but it's not SJW at all.

It also made me cry like a bitch.
>>
>>318251274
it was pretty shit movie.
>>
Shithouse. Very tumblr tier. Max claims she is a feminist throughout the game and when somebody rags on feminism she says "hello 1950s".

And then that piss poor attempt at having a tear jerker at the end. Whoa, that was ridiculous. Only easily manipulated retards felt anything for these cutouts.
>>
typical indie trash for tumblrinas and steamdrones
>>
>>318252464
She never says she's a feminist. The fact she's friends with Warren who's essentially reddit tier is pretty indicative of that. She's pretty non judgmental. That hello 1950s line was just insulting the dumbass jock tier comments.
>>
Bae or bay?
>>
File: Getatissue.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Getatissue.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
Didnt like the ending but i dont regret playing i liked the game as a whole. It's nice that to know that tell-tale now has a superior competitor.
>>
>>318251274
I genuinely enjoyed it. Then again I played each episode back to back and didn't have to wait for episodes to come out. That would have been shitty. I think it's a good story, but not that impressive of an actual "game". Your basic time puzzle shenanigans.
>>
>>318253684
>superior competitor

Tales of the Borderlels' ending completely shat all over Life if Strange's ending. Apparently DONTNOD expended their budget and couldn't provide the conclusion they originally planned. And the Game of Thrones ending was apparently decently done as well.

DONTNOD is competition only if they outdo themselves with the name point-and-click game by adding more action sequences and more ramifications/consequences of the player's actions. They also must go deeper and place the player character in more harrowing situations. The toughest hill Max had to get over was fighting off the effects of a drug. There needs to be something more than that.
>>
File: tfw naizuri.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2880) Image search: [Google]
tfw naizuri.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2880
Not videogames
>>
>>318254354
(You)

Now fuck off
>>
tear-jerker

if you catch my drift ;)
>>
>>318254034
>game of thrones
it would have been great mid season , this however is just a big fuck you , only the king's landing story had a somewhat satisfactory end , and even that was just a cliffhanger , meanwhile in ironrath they pulled a shitton of bullshit so they didn't have to make 2 endings for Rodrick and Asher
>>
>>318254354
Supid moeposter.
>>
>>318254034
They were able to sell a lot more copies than one of Telltales games, i like Telltale dont get me wrong but im slowly finding their games getting kind of boring, i mean you can only get away with cell shading so many times till it starts to look disgusting. Another thing also to note is their latest game the Minecraft Adventure is a total cop out
>>
Episode 1 was neat and got me excited for more.
Episode 2 was slow, but I accepted it as still being early story. A few decisions from the first episode were referenced. So, I figured it was a sign that things would branch well.

Episode 3 was when the downfall really hit. Going back in time with the picture made it apparent that the ending would revolve entirely around going back to the beginning of the game.

Episode 4 felt mostly like a giant waste of time. Everything felt disconnected, and it had become abundantly clear that none of my decisions had ever had an effect on any part of the story. Then came the picture with Warren. I immediately knew that I would be going back to that spot to waste a bunch of time.

Episode 5 confirmed all of my dread. I went from picture to picture in what felt like a complete waste of time. All I had to do was call the police, but for some reason that's not an option aside from one occasion and the game takes it away from you in a completely insensible way. Then I have to listen to Max talk about her powers and how she suddenly completely understands everything about them down to how she's actually just moving around parallel universes.

Them the ending was to go back and change everything or let it all die.

Sacrificed the town because I didn't want to humor their shit story.
>>
max is perf
>>
>"Max I'm the cause of the storm!"
>"the weather always gets weird whenever you save me"
>"I've died so many times it has to be fate!"
>ignore that Max had to fight through the storm in a world with dead Chloe in order to bring her back and have that exact discussion on how it might not happen if she's dead
>>
>>318255810
>never explained why max can't just go back and warn the town about the storm, saving chloe and the town
>>
Lesboquest 2: Gone Home meets Telltale meets teenage angst. 10/10
>>
>>318256282

Pretty sure that comes down to how no one is going to believe her if she starts running around saying the world is ending.
>>
>>318253280
I picked the ending literally everyone shits on. Guess which one.
>>
>game
>>
>poorly executed from a technical standpoint
>written so badly it sounds like middle school fiction
>characters are cardboard cutouts and deathless archetypes
>story next to nonexistent
>choices don't really matter, exist solely so idiots can argue about them
3/10 at best, and only that good because of qts
>>
> teenage girl gets time travel powers
> proceeds to use them in the most boring way possible

doesn't help that Max is borderline retarded and Chole is straight up retarded
>>
>Jefferson: "Max can I help you?"
>answer calmly
>Jefferson: "Thank you coming to me Max. Are you ready to turn your picture in?"
>go back and change answer to 'give suspicion'
>Max: "I'm onto you you rapist murdering piece of shit. I know all about what you've been up to, and I'm taking you down!"
Jefferson: "My... someone sure seems cranky today. Are you ready to turn your picture in?"

Bravo dontknod.

The writing really branched. Choices really did matter.
>>
>>318254820
They've been hit-and-miss lately. There's stuff like The Wolf Among Us and Tales From the Borderlands, then there's the ehh Game of Thrones, and then there's fucking Minecraft.
>>
>>318256970
>GLASS HIM
>>
File: 1447802736140.png (188 KB, 326x323) Image search: [Google]
1447802736140.png
188 KB, 326x323
I think it has cute girls.
>>
>>318254820
>They were able to sell a lot more copies than one of Telltales games
What the fuck do you mean
LiS sold around 1 million copies. TWD sold 28 million. Are you talking about a specific Telltale game? If that's the case fucking say that instead.
>>
>>318256879
this made me giggle because it's true.
>>
>>318254820
So wait did you pick telltales worst selling game and compare it to that? Shouldn't you compare it to their best one to be fair?
>>
File: tumblr_nvxleqbD951ue7iyeo1_400.jpg (19 KB, 307x402) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvxleqbD951ue7iyeo1_400.jpg
19 KB, 307x402
>>318257024
true dat
>>
>>318251274
>game
>>
>>318258096
Phoenix Wright
>>
>>318258195
not who you're replying to but ... what?
>>
>>318258379
People say LiS isn't a game, but they say Ace Attorney is?
>>
>>318258475

PW has a fail state.

LiS does not.
>>
Max is cute! Cute!
>>
>>318258475
people say that undertale is a game
people say dumb shit all the time
>>
>>318251274
I've heard it wasn't a game.

>>>/tv/
>>
>>318258678
>that boner when she was tied to a chair with no pants on in a secret underground rape dungeon

such opportunity wasted
>>
I'd unironically fuck Chloe under the right circumstances. But let's be reasonable here, she's a lesbian.
>>
I really, really wish you normies would go back to reddit. What the fuck are you doing on 4chan? Really? This place is not for you.
>>
>>318258475
Personally, I like VNs so the "not a game" argument isn't really that convincing for me.
>>
>>318259023
could be it's just one of many weird phases in her very confused teenage drama
>>
>>318258721
Undertale is a game. It's a shitty overhyped game, but it is a game.

I think that when you make a "game" where the player cannot fail, and their actions are ultimately pointless it gets into a gray area where it might not be a game.
>>
>>318259349
but you can fail, then you have to rewind time to do it correctly. it's literally a quickload, except it's integral part of the story.

also many game have done this before.
>>
>Episode 1: OH GOD SO FUCKING HIPSTER a photography class with an acoustic ballad soundtrack of a teenage girl taking selfies, kill me now! ... wait WTF is going on?
>Episode 2: Well this is getting interesting... fucking strong ending as to if a fairly major supporting character lives of dies.
>Episode 3: YES IVE FIXED IT A... ohhh no.
>Episode 4: Max's super whacky time travel adventures! And a big reveal that legit surprised me.Also cried like a fucking bitch right near the start... you know the part if you've played it.
>Episode 5: It can't all be for nothing! I think the canon ending is Max saving Chloe, she clearly loves her and has already proved she'll do almost anything for her.

Teenage hipster girl feels/10
>>
>>318251274
I'm at the end of 2nd episode and liked it so far, won't read this thread cause it's probably filled with spoilers. Seen a lot of hate for this game, but haters are mostly CoD kids.
>>
>>318260627
Its pretty decent if youre into point n clicks.
>>
File: 1444202110180.gif (2 MB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1444202110180.gif
2 MB, 500x335
>>318260405
This is why gaming is shit now, people with standards this low, who are so emotionally stunted they get attatched to cardboard cuttouts.

PS don't open image its of a puppy getting rekt
>>
>>318251274
I'm downloading the 5 episodes from piratebay right now, 45mn left. Looks ok.
>>
>>318261263
>implying it's emotionally stunted to empathise with characters in a story
>not the other way around

That's not how people work baka.
>>
>>318260627
For all it's worth I think that episode 2 is the most tedious one.
>>
File: Max_Caulfield.jpg (177 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Caulfield.jpg
177 KB, 500x525
why is she so flat?
>>
>>318261428
My point was that the characters are so two dimensional they give you nothing to empathize with, but you're so emotionally starved that you'll empathize with a toilet paper tube.
>>
>>318261428
I think he meant because the characters don't seem real or relateable (is relateable a word?) they're difficult to empathize with, not that empathizing with fictional characters is bad.
>>
liked it until the very ending. Don't enjoy the semi-autistic fanbase and their need to obsess over the characters and create waifus. I actually uninstalled it probably an hour ago and said out loud "well, time to never think about you again".
>>
>>318261513
Small perky tits are the best
>>
>>318261671
I forgot to add: but like others said, I'm glad I played it. Just kinda fizzled out in the end. I also didn't like some of the puzzles in the game. Some were great and immersive, some felt like an obvious attempt to lengthen the episode.
>>
>>318251274
literally a meme game
>>
Western version of STEINS;GATE
>>
>>318261671
>>318261763
For me the problem was that I really didn't like Chloe. The game obviously wants you to care about her, but I just found her to be insufferable. Through the entire game there hasn't been an easier choice then to finally kill Chloe.
>>
>>318261818
Except that Steins; Gate is infinitely superior in every aspect.
>>
File: Kate_Marsh.png (385 KB, 502x720) Image search: [Google]
Kate_Marsh.png
385 KB, 502x720
I think that Kate is best girl and my waifu.
>>
>>318252183
This is a joke
>>
>>318261873
I felt sorry for her the entire game. Her punk bitch character was a facade to hide her abandonment insecurities after William died and Max moved away.
>>
>>318262006
Senpai kates my girl back off
>>
>>318251274
What is the "Life is Strange" of video games?
>>
>>318261873
I found her absolutely insufferable for most of the game. The turning point for me was the pool scene in the gym. I think the 3rd episode? Idk. I also realized it would probably be more fun/immersive if I tried to make choices from Max's perspective. And that trippy hallway sequence had me feeling for Chloe at the end.
>>
>>318261635
I think Max and Chloe at least had depth that was explored. You got to experience the exact things that made Chloe the way she is rather than most media where you're often just told, and the way you play Max can develop her if you dont just pick random options and try to play with some kind of ethos behind your decisions. Hell even characters like David Madsen and Kate are more developed than they would be in other point and click games like telltale shit.
>>
File: 1447856864506.png (286 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
1447856864506.png
286 KB, 576x720
>look at me i'm so stupid that i didn't understand the significance of the last episode/ending but i will categorically call it bad in every thread possible without realising that it only shows how much of a fucking retard i am

Only reason I come to these threads is to laugh at you boys.
>>
>>318262139
>opinion post
eh can't argue with him, I disagree, but what are you gonna do
>at the end throw telltale dig in
Now you're just wrong
I'll never get why people compare this favorably to telltale games, things like TWD and Wolf Among Us are examples of what this could have been if the devs weren't hacks. Kenny has more depth from events you witness and or initiate than any character in this blatent copy. Quit shilling.
>>
>>318262139

Chloe only seems like she's developing depending on what you pick. None of your dialogue conditions anything. She just has a static answer tied to every option.

And she'll still just get drunk and high before the vortex party no matter what you do or say.
>>
>>318262286
>2deep4u
We must have played different games. The word significance definitely doesn't come into play when I think of this game.

Again, this must just be that you haven't seen anything better, but this is really bad. LiS is cheaply done, shallow, and frankly dumb. The fact that you think it's good just shows how little culture you've been exposed to.
>>
>>318262409
alright I like Life is Strange but I agree about Kenny and Wolf Among Us.
>>
>>318259547

>you can fail and then you have to rewind

Rewinding keeps you in place so majority of the time if you rewind then you're already past the obstacle that got you in the first place.

>get seen by a patrolling guard
>rewind
>guard is now back st his starting location, but you're at the door you were trying to get to.
>>
>>318262763
I worded it poorly, but I think this is my complaint, you don't have to improve on your action, they just give you the solution when you mess up.
>>
>>318262709
Well I can't believe I'm saying this, because you're right it's not particularly deep, but still clearly too deep for some of you.

I liked the final episode the least because it was too actiony and didn't have the same sort of progression and involvement but its sentiment and the conclusion was borderline profound compared to what you see in most games.
>>
>>318262915
Just because you looked at a puddle and saw a lake doesn't mean the puddle is deep.
>>
>>318263106
What is a puddle to me clearly is a vast ocean to you. I suppose perception is relative.
>>
>>318262915

>literally a weaker version of the Steins;Gate ending
>completely slapped on
>there's not even any reason to believe that the storm is attached to Chloe
>Max just sits there for Chloe to die instead of running out like she did the first time so it's still like she used time travel
>she doesn't even change the past she just goes to different universes
>>
>>318262915
Dear lord, stop drinking your own cool-aid, please.
>>
>>318263262
>muh time travel consistency

Effective way to shield yourself from any sort of story I suppose. I hope the misguided satisfaction of deluding yourself into thinking you're "right" weighs up for the experiences you miss out on.
>>
>>318263214

Perception won't mean shit when you step in the water and it doesn't even reach your ankles.
>>
>>318263482
Not going to waste my time discussing the message of a story with someone who unironically argues with literal interpretations of poor analogies.
>>
>>318263469
Are you not aware of the irony there? TIme Travel is not a way for him to shield himself from the story, its a way for the devs to avoid writing one.

>Can't come up with a cohesive narrative? Implement time travel so you can gloss over your plot holes and undo plot points that don't mesh with the overall experience
>>
>>318263469

I think what really irked me about it was that Max randomly realizes she's not actually changing the past but hopping around different worlds makes it hard for me to think going back in time to kill Cloe really has any value. At least in Steins;Gate it's shown that everyone moves between timelines and that your actions actually affect people.

They should have just kept it to one universe instead of making it a multiverse, but they just had to have parallel universes for their "butterfly effect" storm.
>>
>>318263586

Says the pot to the kettle.

But seriously what is profound about the ending? It's just a complete wreck.
>>
File: 1428569775523.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1428569775523.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
>>318263727
See this is what I like about LiS threads. People will stumble over themselves to be the one to shout the loudest that they literally didn't get it.

>>318263773
I'm not going to say it was perfect or that I agree with every little thing. Why? Because getting yourself caught up in technicalities will prevent you from enjoying any fantastical work.
>>
Bought it for lesbian subtext and got lesbianism with one girl and lesbian subtext with others. Got what I wanted.
>>
>>318263586
What message does this story convey?
"Hurr you try to fix things but it was you who was making them bad!"

Not to mention it ticks off every tired time travel cliche ever.
http://retromash.com/2014/11/19/time-travel-cliches-and-tropes/

I think you just got struck emotionally by the story for some reason and are trying to justify it by claiming the story is just to deep for us to understand.
>>
>>318263936
>2deep4u again
jump between realities, whatever, it's presented as time travel with the rewind sequences. It's irrelevent. Without addressing the ramifications of this sort of tinkering with reality, it becomes simply a method for the writers to not have to come up with a meaningful story. And people like you imagine yourselves intelligent because you shovel it in. I bet you thought Interstellar was deep too.
>>
LiS is the perfect example of why episodic games shouldn't right their whole script as they go along.
>>
>>318263987
>it's not good storytelling it just resonates well with people and evokes emotional responses!! muh time travel tropes!!

Are you for real, my man?
>>
>>318264282
>>318263936

You have yet to give any example of how the story was at all deep or profound.

I'm starting to think this is bait, and the "I broke the cup on purpose" image isn't helping.
>>
>>318264282
>keeps dodging the question of what the big message is

The only thing you've convinced me of is that im wasting my time with an idiot. Also, emotionally resonating !== good story telling.
>>
>>318263936

>goes on about something being deep
>eventually admits he just liked the surface value feels he got

This is how the game industry falls.
>>
File: niggers.png (467 KB, 673x394) Image search: [Google]
niggers.png
467 KB, 673x394
cant stand all the predictable "its not that bad" posts

it really is.

"yeah the dialogue made me cringe my teeth out but the story and plot were good! honest!"

what if romeo and juliet were written like this

"romeo ur hella sick and i totes wanna suk face w/u. Wowsers i cant believe you killed yourself romeo such sad"

B-BUT THE PLOT IS GOOD, IGNORE THE DIALOGUE

lazy animations, graphics arent very good, the plot isn't even that good, the dialogue and characters are fucking dreadful fanfic tier, and there is next to no gameplay. What the fuck does this game have going for it? Cute girls? cool, go play senran or something, at leas that has SOME gameplay.
>>
>>318264282
You do know appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy right anon? Right?
>>
>>318251274
>What does /v/ think of this game?
The SFM pornography has been okay.
>>
>>318264745

How so?
>>
>>318264745
Not really, but well enough to know it doesn't apply to my post.

>>318264594
>>318264419
You dimwits have a position where you just want to be right for the sake of it. I could be interested in talking about LiS' strengths and weaknesses, but not with people who just want to dismiss the entire game to fit in on /v/.

If you actually want to talk about the game you can find both me and a bunch of other willing people on /vg/. If you just want to convince yourself that you're right even if it makes you the biggest loser I guess keep replying in the same way you have.
>>
>>318264920
>>318265028
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion
inb4
>wikipedia
>>
>>318265117
>wikipedia
>even wikipedia warns you that the article is shit

Sorry, buddy.
>>
It was okay. I enjoyed myself and I cried. Not sure I'd recommend purchasing it though, but I'd definitely recommend a playthrough
>>
>>318265117

Isn't that more of a political speech type of thing, though? I guess I could see how it fits, but I feel like non-fiction writing should appeal to emotions.

>>318265028

You're just being ridiculous. I'm done wasting time with you. I thought you may raise an argument with enough time, but you've either caught yourself on your own bullshit or you're afraid of being shot down. I'm not about to go to that husk of a general where you're hoping someone else will fill the gaps for you. Most of us left the general after the game went to shit. Only the del/u/sional have stayed behind.
>>
>>318265161
It was the first result on google. If you actually argue that appeal to emotion isn't a logical fallacy then you're a fucking idiot.

I HATE that a logic class isn't a requirement anymore. You should not be able to graduate high school without it.
>>
>>318265028
You're assuming so much its unreal.
You dismiss the question because you assume we're just trying to be right? I genuinely want to know if I have overlooked something, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Also you assume I don't like it to try and fit in on /v/. I don't like this game because it's story is tired, trite and ultimately meaningless as it boils down to a duality no matter what you chose.

You haven't attempted to support your claim of a deeper story, instead you call us dumb for not understanding or you claim we are just being eristic.
>>
>>318265436
>non-fiction writing should appeal to emotions
literally what
fuck you
I'm mad
you've flustered my fanny
>>
>>318265464
It is a logical fallacy. But that doesn't mean
a) that every argument with a logical fallacy should be dismissed.
b) that the specific post you replied to was an argument that appealed to emotions in line with the fallacy.
>>
The bad slang was the high point.

>Such sad
>Go fuck your selfie
Help me remember more of this shit, it's hilarious
>>
>>318265565

Tired. Meant fiction. Sentences and threads are blurring together. It's 8am and I should sleep.
>>
>>318265161
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+are+logical+fallacies%3F

There I spoonfed you what you should already know.
>>
>>318251274
They shouldn't have been allowed to produce without an approved story that wasn't shit from the start. The writing was pretty shit, and the lame handling of a big changes causing their own problems was unsatisfying. Like, go back in time to save the dad and then chloe becomes a paraplegic. Stupid shit. The whole game was ruined by the ending.
>>
>>318265630
I retract my butthurt then.
>>
If only Victoria can be killed off. That would be great.
>>
>>318265507
>muh choices

Oh my, this is worse than I thought. Don't bother going to the general either way, you're a lost cause.
>>
File: 2015-11-28_00001.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28_00001.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
As a mix between a video games and a visual novel, it's pretty good. I had a few problems with the story and the choices, but overall worth it for the sale price.

Best girl by the way
>>
>>318265714

But she is.

Off screen.

>any time a character can die it is a guarantee that they're not in the story anymore even if you have them survive
>>
I really liked that part of episode 5 where time itself sort of crumbles. That aspect reminded me of the final part of Psychonauts, in a good way
>>
>>318265759

How dare someone care about choices in a game written around choices and advertised with choices.
>>
>>318265805
It was basically a ripoff of the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks.

Not that it is a bad thing or anything. More games should copy Twin Peaks.
>>
File: come_on_now.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
come_on_now.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>318265759
>"you're a lost cause because you expected choices to matter in a game that advertised itself as choice driven"

There's only one lost cause and it was you from birth.
>>
>>318265774
>best girl
>not Brooke

dem red tights
>>
Would have been better if the whole thing wasn't "choose left or right to avoid stepping in dog shit" only to find out that dog shit is always switched to the path you choose.
>>
>>318265957
It's pretty standard really, but I dig it. The way they bring out every negative aspect of your choices really tickles me good
>>
>>318261956
He already said it was Western
>>
>>318266029

>tfw like drones
>tfw Warren would rather go out with Max
>someone that just takes pictures of herself and other people all day long
>>
>>318265868
>a work of fiction is required to meet my exact expectations

See, this is the problem with modern "gamers" and why their little hobby will never evolve. You can't compare a story driven game (or book or film) with a can of produce. If you got exactly what it said on the tin what would be the point of playing? I suppose it has become routine that choices in video games don't matter and that can feel frustrating to some. But if you're one of those people I think you should be able to appreciate that LiS' message is constructed around the futility of choice.
>>
>>318266165

10/10 should work for Gawker
>>
I don't give a fuck about the "waa waa tumblr pandering ahh" bullshit. It's just genuinely fucking garbage. The first few episodes were somewhat promising but the entire thing just falls on its face at the end.
>>
>>318262915
Go fuck your selfie
>>
>>318266165
That's such a cop-out, besides if the big message was "choice is futile" it would just categorize it with 90% of time travel stories.

Anyone with half a brain could see the "choice is futile" trope a mile away.
>>
>>318266165

>a game shouldn't live up to it's advertisement
>eating canned produce

You are the worst kind of person.
>>
>>318266165
I think you're wrong in putting this into the same vein as simple fiction. You're probably young and have never played a tabletop game where people work together to create a story based on choices. When people read a book, they're railroaded. That's fiction. When people buy a game that claims to have choices, they expect that mutliple stories have been written for each choice, just like a GM would create a completely new story based on choices made. This is not the same as book fiction and you shouldn't be comparing the two.
>>
>>318266165
>misrepresenting the content is a feature!
>>
>>318266626
>>318266552
>plot twists should be illegal!!
>>
my friend bought it for me and i tried to enjoy it, i got to the part where you decide to not save colind's dad and you have like a break in her room.

i just cant be assed to play it.
it's not fun or interesting at all, also kate marsh is cute as heck
>>
>>318266503

You can't even say that it was trying to say choice is futile when it gives you an ending based entirely on Max choosing what world she'd rather live in.

Not to mention the devs flat out apologized that they couldn't afford to make different endings thanks to the budget. So, we know it was never their initial intention to make the early choices irrelevant.
>>
>>318266658

>buy a FPS
>turns out to be Cooking Mama
>"Plot twist!"

A plot twist doesn't change the mechanics of a game, genius.
>>
>>318266716
Didn't know the devs said that. That guy must just be literally retarded.
>>
>>318266270
the only problem with ending was that nothing was explained. all that mystery leading to "you are a time wizard for no reason, that's it."

i liked that mindfuck section before actual ending though.
>>
>>318266826
I'm glad they didn't explain it. There doesn't have to be a reason and whatever they could've come up with would more than likely sound contrived.

The game isn't about why you can alter time, or where you end up, but who you meet and how it all fits together.

Best part of the game was always to sit down on a bench. And those little things like how you can put on Bright Eyes will you sort the clues, the graffiti, Max's comments about small things that never have any significance to the story even if they seem out of place. If you're dismissing the game because of stupid reasons like "it's not like play D&D with my friends" or "the choices don't matter!" you're doing yourself a huge disservice.
>>
it was kind of cool and then it took a nosedive in the end
>>
>>318267340
>and how it all fits together.
but anon it doesn't fit together
>lol dimensions and time travel
literal (and I mean literal in the literal sense) cop out.
>>
>>318267340
>who you meet and how it fits

Too bad the characters are flat and their is no reason to care about their struggles cause they're all insufferable.
>>
max a best
>>
>>318267340
i get it. but what about those 2 fucking moons and giant tornado? how? why?

>it just happens, don't question it

i was actually curious how are they going to explain all of it, but they just never did.
>>
>>318267340
>"it's not like playing D&D with my friends "

If you actually think that was the point that anon was trying to make then you're reading comprehension is terrible.

Would explain why you like this game so much.
>>
>>318254354
>weeb
>thinks he has the right to call something a video game
Hey, how are them books?
>>
>>318267340
>because of stupid reasons like "it's not like play D&D with my friends"
No one is doing this, but it's still a good point. People want choices they make to matter in video games.
>>
If you want to play it, pirate it. Then if you like it you can buy it to support them. I mean, you won't, but I put the option there so you'll pirate it first.

Don't get tricked.
>>
Why does saving Chloe cause a hurricane when saving her dad doesn't?
>>
>>318251274
A pretty good adventure game but with an ass ending.
>>
>>318251274
Ok lesbian simulator. I've played better. 7.6/10
>>
Why does Max get time powers anyway?

If fucking with the future causes the storm, why would she need the powers.
>>
>>318271401
The beached whales and snow still happened in the alternate timeline. I assume that the tornado would have came in that timeline.
>>
Kate Marsh best girl
>>
File: Dishonored-The-Outsider.jpg (42 KB, 570x298) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-The-Outsider.jpg
42 KB, 570x298
I like to think tornado was caused by some eldricht god that was bored,then it made some shit rules how to stop and chose 2 random girls that can stop that just for shits and giggles
>>
>>318252464
>Shithouse. Very tumblr tier. Max claims she is a feminist throughout the game and when somebody rags on feminism she says "hello 1950s".
I don't remember that.
>>
>>318272070
>>318273316
Yeah, this. I guess time is fixed and even though Max can change the far past the tornado would still only happen on a certain date.

Of course, it still doesn't make sense why has a vision of the tornado before saving Chloe or why Chloe living creates a tornado at all, if it's the mere fact that Chloe HAS to die because destiny or whatever then there would be even more fucked up shit going on after the tornado if you save her.
>>
>>318271673
What better lesbian sim is there? You liar.
>>
File: 1438191071613.jpg (274 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1438191071613.jpg
274 KB, 720x960
>>318251274
Okay series with a crappy ending, there might be a second season probably. Some of the songs were not so bad.
>>
>letting your waifu die rather than sacrificing a town full of total shitters
Come on, man. Come on...
>>
>>318256956
But that was inside some kind of weird time twist/dream you dicknut
>>
>>318271401
Because the hurricane and the other strange events happened all because Max used her powers in the first place and due to that, shit happened. So that's why at the end, going back in time to when Chole was supposed die and don't do anything about it results the hurricane and everything else never happening as well as everything that has happened in the game.
>>
Looks very tumblrcore, will only play when it's on a humble bundle or something.
>>
>>318274026
>having Chloe as your waifu

Fucking disgusting, every other girl is better than her even Rachel's corpse.
>>
JEFFERSON DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>318274031

That was her going in the past and changing time. It wasn't a dream, and it's the same with any other choice you make.
>>
>>318252183
>>318252464
So now I'm confused? Is it tumblr shit or not?
>>
>>318265617
W O W S E R S
>>
>>318275360
it's not tumblr, but the characters are overwhelmingly hipster

it fits the setting, though
>>
>>318251274
I love and hate it. It is pretty unique, but very few of the characters speak or act like real people.
>>
>>318275526
Would you call the dialogue cringy?
Actually might check this out
>>
>>318275667
it is pretty cringey
>>
>>318275667
>Would you call the dialogue cringy?

It's by French people in their 30's trying to write American teenagers so it's incredibly cringy.
>>
I've been thinking about trying this game, is it even worth it?

It's pretty cheap right now with this sale.
>>
>>318275667
Hilariously cringy
>>
>>318273949
The music was half the game for me. If they hadn't gone for that specific Singer/songwriter tone I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much.
>>
>>318251274
I think the main character is cute as fuck.

Other than that, I don't really care about it.
>>
>>318275794

Not only that but they do so while avoiding the need to pay any royalty fees at all.

>I'm going to post this on my social media website
>>
>>318276225
This, I only play the game because Max is hot
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (187 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
187 KB, 1024x1024
>>318275851
Go in with a completely blank mental slate. No high expectations, no major spoilers (oops too late now I suppose).

In all fairness it is a really good "game" if you're in to the whole slice of life spiel. This is a game that you can, if you let it, just loose yourself in for a couple of hours at a time.
>>
File: Life Is Strange.jpg (201 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Life Is Strange.jpg
201 KB, 1680x1050
>>318266671
I actually get where you're coming from. I'm interested though, what specifically turned you off from playing it to its completion?
>>
>>318275667
I can't decide if they made it to be self aware cringe, or if they actually thought that this is how Kids of today talk to eachother.

I found the moments to be amusing more often than not anyways.
>>
>>318274628
>Drugging and raping girls while photographing their unconscious bodies is 'nothing wrong'.

Ok
>>
File: Life is Strange writing team.jpg (30 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
Life is Strange writing team.jpg
30 KB, 500x285
>>318275667
>>
File: Where do you think we are....jpg (99 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are....jpg
99 KB, 944x712
>>318278063
>>
>>318278063
>kills chloe
NOTHING
WRONG
>>
>>318251274
>>318252183
People don't say it's a tumblr game because of SJW themes, they say it's a tumblr game because, in order of importance
>weird lingo that nobody except weird tumblr fags use 'semi-ironically'
>old memes like doge shit
>shoehorned lesbian relationships to appease to the shipping crowd
>>
It was amazing.

Episode 2 and 5 were wasted potential though.
>>
File: 1447039875612.jpg (3 MB, 736x5762) Image search: [Google]
1447039875612.jpg
3 MB, 736x5762
>>318251274
Played it for the lesbians, but it was an overall unexpectedly fun "game".
Kate is best girl.
Samuel is best boy.
>>
>>318279068
>Think back to that kiss with warren
>Now think back on the kiss with chloe

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is the only game I've played where they've shoehorned in a heterosexual relationship just to apease the straight audience.
>>
>>318279601
but all the straight people went the other route
>>
In my headcanon Max sacrifices Chloe, undesrtands that the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few, gets contacted by an extraplanar group of wizards, and goes on wacky adventures to save entire worlds from entropy using her powers.

The game's average.

The ending is shit.

I enjoyed it.
>>
>>318279601
Except heterosexuality is the actual normal state of being and can never be shoehorned in
>>
File: lfs b.jpg (73 KB, 827x832) Image search: [Google]
lfs b.jpg
73 KB, 827x832
>>318279349
>Always

Why do you do this to me man?
>>
>>318279817
It all depends on the tone of the game.

Look up "Void and medler" for instance.
>>
>>318279662
Because guys generally don't have any problem with lesbianism, and women seem to think of it as a sort of gray area.
>>
>>318280107
So who were they appeasing?
>>
>>318280191
tumblr folk who were gonna ship them anyways

Because god forbid two women are actual good friends without being lesbians.
>>
>>318280282
>they've shoehorned in a heterosexual relationship just to apease the straight audience.

what are you saying?
>>
So what was the deal with Samuel and spirit animals? This story was completly forgotten or am I missing something?
>>
>>318280191
I actually think they were affraid to go all out "homosexual" (for lack of a better term). Almost like they fellt that the player had to have the choice over the characters sexuality. I guess apeasing was the wrong frase to use in this ocassion though.
>>
>>318280431
They didn't shoehorn in a straight relationship. Straight relationships are completely normal. The issue is that warren is an unlikable reddit piece of shit manlet that no girl could ever fall for, not the fact that it's heterosexual.
>>
>>318280568
Maybe he was just "special"? Still one of my favorite characters from the game.
>>
File: 1440379360796.jpg (145 KB, 918x832) Image search: [Google]
1440379360796.jpg
145 KB, 918x832
>shoots herself in the stomach like a retard
>"Stupid gun!"
>>
>>318280568
No budget or whatever.

The Prescott storyline was completely cut even though they knew way too much to just be a red herring.
>>
>>318251274
Spoilers ahead.

Annoying characters that only teenagers and mid 20 girls would ever find appalling
Worst of all, the whole plot is based on a SINGLE characters (Chloe) that is just a stupid angsty tumblr cunt. She was a lot better when she became a paraplegic and asked for euthanasia and this lead to another point:
WHY the hell would I kill her if I'm an all powerful being discovering new time travelling power every day? Couldn't Max just ask for a photo and go to a younger Chloe telling her BITCH YO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOUR PAPA GIVES YOU THE FAST CAR?

I mean seriously, all she needed were details, she already convinced her that she could travel through time so why the fuck not? This whole thing about "big deep themes of our society" is implemented so badly and stupidly.

Back to the plot: why would an accomplished photographer working for magazines and artsy farts drugs little dumb teenagers just to get some photo? The only explanation is that Jafferson is just "EVIL" without any deeper reason, just like Rachel died by mistake because Nathan is a dumb fuck and got the wrong dose.
It's so badly written, the whole mystery is so forced and the resolution so fucking stupid.

Gameplay wise: the progagonist basically only uses her power when she spill something on something important, when people get bored to talk to her instead of continuing conversation and that's so fucking boring when you think that she is basically a god among men capable of rewinding (the first day), freezing (second day) and then even traveling through time like in butterfly effect (third day). Her powers are so more interesting than all the dumb teen drama happening in the game and they are NEVER explained.

In the end is just "lol we'll never know why this is happening".

And about the ending: what's the message here? Just curl in a ball and cry instead of trying to do some good?

TL;DR: it's bad
>>
File: 132.jpg (144 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
132.jpg
144 KB, 700x395
>>318281889
>>
>>318281889
Max can only travel into photos at which she was present, and she was absent in Chloe's life when she got the car
>>
>>318282078
It would still be so easy to tell her even if it was years before, she could just ask all the information about the accident to paraplegic Chloe and then go to the morning of her father death and tell her something like "Chloe you cunt in 2 years your father will buy you a car, it's will be this red faggy fast shit with this exact plate number and you'll go fast like the dumb bitch you are on the cross right down your house, you know the one with the mc donald and the gray house and you'll smash right in this other car and you'll break your back, stop laughing you stupid cunt I can see in the future and I can prove it so write this shit down and never forget it, repeat this shit every morning like it was your punk anthem".

BAM problem solved, no handicap Chloe and, even better, no bitchy punk dumb Chloe.
>>
>>318282737
I agree

but then we wouldn't have much of a game
>>
>>318282737
are you 12 years old?
>>
>>318282910
Are you?
Go read a book instead of sucking up all this badly written fan novel tier garbage
>>
>>318251274
Ending is even worse than the ending of Mass Effect 3.
>>
Played through all 5 episodes in a day, I really felt like I was a teenage girl for a moment there. Will happily purchase more teenage girl simulators
>>
File: LiS.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LiS.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318279817
>Except heterosexuality is the actual normal state of being and can never be shoehorned in
Is that some kind of tumblr meme?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11977121/Women-are-either-bisexual-or-gay-but-never-straight.html
>The results, which were based on elements such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli, showed that 82% of the women tested were aroused by both sexes.
>>
>>318283693
>Getting aroused by other women means I'm a lesbian
>>
File: (((0))).jpg (99 KB, 1021x571) Image search: [Google]
(((0))).jpg
99 KB, 1021x571
>>318251274
>Episode 1
Played, bretty gud, wish I could've fucked Warren in the parking lot but whatever
>Episode 2
This is when I realized that Chloe was a permanent character. I got a little sad because I thought the point was to make her unlikeable. Still ok. Suicide was pretty gud.
>Episode 3
Woah that intro was fucking cool. Rest of the episode played out like a really boring episode of Twin Peaks though
Yes I know about the license plate
>Episode 4
Eh, it was kinda boring. Ending made me jump for joy. I kinda hoped more Max porn would come out of that, but alas, we're stuck with mostly shitty pre-episode 2 porn.
>Episode 5
All over the fucking place. I understand what they were trying to do, but there's no good way to convey that Max lives the next month through her decision without making the player go through it. Max resets way too fucking often and I don't care enough about Chloe to agree with the decision to reset at the museum.
Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending was ok. I think Warren died? Poor bastard.
Sacrifice Chloe ending was god-tier. Superior ending by far.

All in all, kinda disappointing since I liked episode 1 so much. I wish I knew why people go out of their way to argue over tumblr shit when Max is hardly a feminist and Chloe is obviously supposed to be unlikable.
>>
C O M F Y
>>
>>318265028
>I'm right and you're wrong
>Okay, could you give us an example of where we're wrong?
>No, shut up, I'm just right without any basis, we over at /vg/ are better than you I LITERALLY CAME TO THIS BOARD TO TALK EMPTY SHIT SOLELY TO UPSET PEOPLE PLEASE RESPOND TO MY BAIT
Well congrats, you caught me. I'm neutral on LiS and would've liked to hear what someone thinks is profound about it, but instead your behaviour is so embarrassing you make me never want to go to your precious /vg/ threads.
>>
>>318283886
Means you're at least bi. There's a shitload of studies about this, it's more common in more developed countries, and seems to be an evolutionary response to overpopulation. The same kind of behavior is also present in some kinds of mammals.
>>
>>318283693
>Women-are-either-bisexual-or-gay-but-never-straight

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>318283693
>never
>at least 18% of test subjects wren't aroused
>usual english university biased shitty research financed and strumentalized by left wing and gay propaganda
Top quality article you have there telegraph
>>
>>318284839
Google another one then bro.
>>
>>318284839
>HAHA LOOK AT OUR ONE STUDY READ IT AND WEEP CIS FEMALES NOW YOU HAVE TO BE A FEMINIST MUAHAHAHA
>>
>>318284980
it won't change that the research is partial, biased and financed by left wing
>>
its not SJW at all, its not even progressive in any way
>>
File: 1436258790513.gif (922 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1436258790513.gif
922 KB, 400x225
>>318281889
<TL;DR: Opinions
>>
>>318251274
It starts out good but the ending is full retard. It's like Z tier fan fiction, which it probably actually is.
>>
>>318285652
>TL;DR: Good opinions
FTFY

and btw, it's always about opinions. What do you want? Technical analysis of the technology used to create the game? As long as you go out of technical aspects you are ALWAYS dealing with opinions.
>>
>>318283693
>telegraph.co.uk
>essentially a blog
>study is not cited
>study may not even exist
OK friend, fantastic research
>>
File: 1415581628372.png (37 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
1415581628372.png
37 KB, 600x544
>>318285972
There are a bunch of studies showing the same thing, you don't really need to project your own sexual insecurities into this.
>>
>>318286561
There are also a bunch of studies showing the exact opposite, there is no truth, fuck off with your bad gay propaganda
>>
>>318286561
Oh god are you for real?
Porn websites are full of males pretending to be females and going "mmm I'd love to be her..." and you think this shit is an accurate statistic?
Furthermore let me guess, you think females are mostly gay males because they look at gay male porn?

Please, anon, fucking PLEASE: If you make a claim such as "all women are bi or lesbian", an outlandish stupid fucking claim like this, PROVIDE A LEGITIMATE SOURCE. A legitimate study. Not some telegraph shit without a source, not some pornhub shit that is heavily skewed anyways, show me an actual reputable study that shows this to be the truth.

And don't tell me to fucking search it myself, seeing as how you already went through 2 stupid fucking "sources" you clearly have trouble finding anything yourself.
>>
>>318286561
That image is great

no numbers, no source, they're probably going off pornhub accounts which means 2 things
>90% of users are not registered and not included in the poll
>the 10% of people who actually register probably have fake info in there
>>
>>318251274
It's shit, but for some reason it's shilled on here a lot. I hope you guys just like the cute girls and not the horrible writing and no gameplay.
>>
>>318286974
>>318287276
You understand that if male users make accounts pretending to be female, it will only make the graph on the left look more like the graph on the right, right? So if your assumptions are correct, the female graph should be even more pronounced between categories since it's influenced by "fake male accounts".
>>
>>318285896
You're entitled to your opinions, but that means I'm also entitled to shit on said opinions for no apperant reason.
>>
>>318286821
The lowest one I found was about 2/3 female bisexuality rate. The high variance should be due to sampling only within a single country most of the times.
>>
>>318286561
I dont know what to think about this
>>
>>318283693
>>The results, which were based on elements such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli

Isn't that just pseudoscience? That doesn't necessarily mean they are bisexual.
>>
>>318288309
Not sure, but it's very unlikely that all those matching studies are all wrong.
>>
>>318288309
it's biased garbage without anything scientific, without any source and without any fucking sense.
100% gay propaganda
>>
>>318255810
>>ignore that Max had to fight through the storm in a world with dead Chloe in order to bring her back and have that exact discussion on how it might not happen if she's dead

...Oh.

Oh shit, fuck. That did not dawn on me.
>>
>>318288747
please link those studies instead of articles without any source or names
>>
>>318251274
I would love to see Dontnod make reboot of the Persona franchise.
>>
>>318287526
So you admit that those girls are cute ?
>>
Why is everything better in japanese? I wish I could understand the language tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAVQmbNbBs
>>
>>318287584
Sure anon let's apply patterns to random fake info without patterns
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.