[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rune Factory Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Rune_Factory_4.jpg (113 KB, 640x569) Image search: [Google]
Rune_Factory_4.jpg
113 KB, 640x569
What's the best way to handle a typhoon? Sit around my garden and clean up as it goes along?

Also, how often are these going to happen?
>>
i like this game because there are ladies and crops
>>
please, someone help me
>>
>>318239167
I'm thinking about getting this game. Is it any good? Any games similar to this one?
>>
>>318239167
It's been a while since I've played it but there should eventually be an order that allows you to negate a typhoon. Until then though, just take your dickings.
>>
>>318239167

uncommon typhoon.

If it's happened, you fucked, you're supposed to finish the story and unlock the "prevent typhoon."

Also, don't forgot to get the special boss fight typhon on the spring bridge
>>
>>318240523
It's pretty good so far, I'm about 15 hours in.
Similar games would be other life sims like Harvest Moon and maybe Animal Crossing.
>>
>>318240523

I think the Rune Factory series is a lot of fun with a surprising amount of content. I've been told that Fantasy Life is similar but with less content and no relationship mechanics.

For Rune Factory though, I'd recommend playing 3 and/or 4 as they have the most refined gameplay of the series.
>>
>>318240523
It's most often compared to harvest moon and some other game I can't remember right now. Good game all around, the RF series also usually just straight improves upon the game before it so if you play 4 first, which is totally fine and I recommend it, the previous games aren't going to be as enjoyable. If you like seasobal farming, dating/marriage, combat, cooking and a game with a hefty story mode then go for it. Tons of content and you can keep playing after the story improving your town and participating in festivals and such.

>>318239167
Later you can get rid of typhoons and I think you can use some sort of item to storm proof your most important crops. Other than that you're gonna have to deal with it.
>>
I'm glad that more people are getting into this series since it's apparently on sale, but just serach GameFAQs or go to the RF general if you have questions.
>>
>>318241106
To be honest, this was just an excuse to make a Rune Factory thread.
>>
I also got started on RF4 a few days ago. How quickly should I be progressing through the story?

Clorica is my favorite.
>>
>>318241106
This, don't be afraid to look up some of the mechanics you don't understand. I've never gone to the RF general but I know some generals get annoyed by an influx of noob questions during a sale so don't overdo it.

clorica best wife
>>
File: 1423461753901 - Copy.png (216 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
1423461753901 - Copy.png
216 KB, 500x519
Best girl, not enough people realize it just starting out in the game. Her character develops decently once you start dating her as well, and her events are good.

She's also the most overpowered town support character in the game, but that's a separate thing

Give her an axe, and some wet boots, and she'll crit the shit out of everything once she starts learning her custom techs. If you're trying to get any town member to help you in battle, this is the top pick along with a healer.

She just beats everything to death
>>
>>318241516
Monsters are also generally better supports than humans, until about the Rune Prana.

During the later dungeons human supports far outweigh monsters. Monsters are easier early on.

You get them proper equips, and humans become as strong as you.
>>
>>318241516
How do you give equipment to characters?
>>
File: 1448213728422.gif (649 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1448213728422.gif
649 KB, 500x373
So what does everyone's farm look like? Finished getting the last Guardian and it's getting close to the Fall season. Still need to level forging to get use out of some newer materials
>>
>>318241308
Your own pace is the best pace. There's no rush to do anything, feel free to take as much time as you want doing whatever until you feel like advancing the story. The way I did it was I would start going through story content whenever I was getting bored of whatever I was working on building or farming or the towns people weren't saying anything interesting anymore.

Also, good taste. Don't be afraid to date multiple girls though as sometimes you'll find you end up liking a different one more once you see more of their character.
>>
>>318241786
>So what does everyone's farm look like?
stumps
EVERYWHERE
>>
>>318241781
Just throw it at them

You can check what they have equipped at any point if you've already gotten to the point where you've had them join you at least once in battle.

They'll equip anything you throw at them automatically, even if it changes their appearance all the time, like hats.
>>
>>318241786
Corn. So much corn.
>>
>>318241786
Next arc starts about a week after the first arc, when you're exiting the town from the lower entrance.
>>
>>318241851
GIANT.
CUCUMBERS.
>>
Where exactly is this on sale? And how much?
>>
>>318244037
$19
>>
File: IMG_20151129_022621.jpg (1 MB, 1448x1016) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151129_022621.jpg
1 MB, 1448x1016
>you can befriend a mimic

That's pretty nice. Took a lvl 5 fried egg meal but this should be fun.
>>
>>318244658
You can befriend everything

Including bosses
>>
>>318239167
The absolute best way is to beat the 2nd arc and use the Prince/ss order that pushes them back. The key is to save around 5:30am every night before you sleep. Then if there's a typhoon, load the save go the board push back the typhoon and then sleep. Should have more than enough time, I usually save at 5:45 and still good.

Before beating the 2nd arc? Use wettable powder on stuff you absolutely want to keep since it raises the defense of your field spots and make sure you keep the health of the spots up too with corn or weeds.
>>
>harvest festival takes place the day AFTER a typhoon
F U C K
U
C
K
>>
Its hard to remember all the tips you could give here, since this is a game you could explore for hundreds of hours, and even then you wouldn't find it all.
>>
Just came here to say that Xiao is best girl
that is all
>>
>>318244789
I don't think you can befriend Ragnarok or Ventuswill(Boss Version) though.

>>318245091
Store stuff for it next time. I know a new player wouldn't have these but I keep a stack of Golden Tyrant Turnips around just for that festival. Basically just hang on to a high level plant you grew for it ahead of time.
>>
>>318245279
You can befriend a Ventus, but I think its only a shadow of herself that you can find in the Sharance Dungeon.
>>
>>318245143
Honestly the only big tip I could give as someone that has beaten all three arcs and gotten married in both games, is to make sure to keep up on your requests at the start of the game so you can unlock the ability to do more requests and unlock all the things like crafting, etc. And secondly is to grind crafting and forging as much as you can. Use iron or seeds or whatever, just grind upgrading random things to get past level 50 in both of those because it will make the rest of the game so much easier the sooner you have that.

Oh another thing came to mind that gets overlooked. You can bath multiple times per day, take advantage of it.
>>
>>318245398
No I'm absolutely sure the boss versions of Venti aren't tameable. The only way to have her in your party is the 2500 tourist request to unlock inviting her.
>>
>>318239167
Typhoons don't happen too often at all but they blow when they do. I think when you beat 2/3 of the game, you can literally select an option to avoid typhoons. Before that, the best you can do is buy an item (the name escapes me) that will help protect crops against typhoons. Pretty sure you can buy it from what's her name that lives with Amber but be prepared to bend over if you plan on buying a lot of it.

Otherwise, harvest what crops you can and be prepared to clean a fucked up garden.
>>
File: Professional Cockblock.png (878 KB, 625x1488) Image search: [Google]
Professional Cockblock.png
878 KB, 625x1488
>>
Who did you guys waifu?

I went with Xiao Pai on my first playthrough. Going to do a second playthrough with the undub and go for Meg this time around.
>>
About to replay this who should I go with dolce or margret
>>
>>318246710
Amber
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.