[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for oldfags: was there a time where you could have an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1448701682852.jpg (143 KB, 992x860) Image search: [Google]
1448701682852.jpg
143 KB, 992x860
Question for oldfags: was there a time where you could have an actual discussion about games on /v/ and not just
>BANE KEK SJW REDDIT NIGGERS DESU SENPAI BAKA WAIFU FEMINAZIS CONSOLE WARS TWITTER SCREENCAPS WE WUZ KINGZ AND SHEEEIT NEOGAF AIGHT SO HOL UP HOL UP
?

It seems to me that /vr/ is the "oldfag" board, where you have actual discussions with some banter mixed in, rather than stale memes/drama/shitposting.
>>
you're helping
>>
File: 14047357258.gif (123 KB, 290x450) Image search: [Google]
14047357258.gif
123 KB, 290x450
Yes, you could, especially during night-time /v/ but then people started ironic shitposting and attracting actual retards and underages.

I do miss threads about Deus Ex, Jedi Knight and Alpha Centauri
>>
yes, but there was always banter, calling people niggers and fags and throwing 4chan lingo around. there's just more of people throwing that shit around in every post now because everyone runs everything into the ground nowadays doubled with everybody on the internet being bum fuck retarded with the excuse of "irony".
>>
>>318231953

Years ago.
2010 or so is when it started to get bad, but at least the vidya threads weren't mostly shitposting. Nowadays it's kinda hard to find a thread isn't shit. It's what happens to all boards that get too big, though. There's really no way to stop it or anything.
>>
>>318231953
It's definitely gotten worse, but there's always been shithouse threads here - and as far as I know console wars have been around here forever, PS3 having >nogaems for example.
>>
>>318232278
memes > thinking
>>
>>318231953
/v/ is the only good place to discuss video games.
People are brutally honest and opinions don't get "downvoted" into invisibility. There's no sense of identities and threads are easy to follow with a good amount of activity but not too much.
In terms of how it was many years ago, it had a lot of "random" content, but also a lot more oc.
>>
File: 1442612127182.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
1442612127182.gif
2 MB, 200x174
>>318232278
>people who claim to ironically like things
lol i ironically gave them my money and attention xD
>>
>>318232315

Thing, was, the PS3 did have no games, at least not for the first 3-4 years.

Also, LOL 2HU HIJACK
>>
>>318232286
This. I came here around 2008 or so and while it wasn't great, this place got orders of magnitude worse after the SJW boogeyman became a thing.
>>
>>318232712
It was already shit at that point

The worst period was when the reddit boogeyman started and people started the ironic shitposting and pretending to be retarded memes off.

All the utterly moronic shit that plagues the board now stems from those two things.
>>
>>318232881
Actually you're right. First Reddit was the convenient boogeyman shitposters could use to brush off anything they didn't like, and then SJWs and Goobergate came later.

I wonder what the next one will be.
>>
>>318233028
Censorship?
>>
>was there a time where you could have an actual discussion about games on /v/

2004-2005

I learned about GUNZ, Blitz 1941 and Gunbound from the lot that used to browse this place.

>>318232278
>but there was always banter, calling people niggers and fags and throwing 4chan lingo around.

If you acted like a /b/tard you would get redirected to /b/ and kindly asked to remain within it's boundaries. New people think that this shit was commonplace just because they saw on fox news or learned it from Habbo raids but that kind of behavior was highly frowned upon outside /b/.

It wasnt until 2006 when shit started to degenerate and by 2007 everything was an unsavageable mess.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.