[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you can make gold faster by working a minimum wage job and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: WoWToken.jpg (63 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
WoWToken.jpg
63 KB, 600x300
>you can make gold faster by working a minimum wage job and buying these instead of playing the game
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>318221340

Every mmo with RMT is like that.
>>
>>318221340
well at least blizzard is trying to get people to get jobs
>>
MMOs are fucking dead because of how normal it is to have online transaction content now.
>>
Feels fine. I pay off my sub with them thanks to people who buy them.
>>
What is gold good for these days anyways, beyond buying some preliminary eqiupment once you hit end-game levels, and buying obscenely prices dragon and motorcycle mounts?

Everything else you get from quests, drops or costs pennies.
>>
The game is a Massiver Race to endlevel for pointless Rading anyway.

Dosen't surprise me the Pay Store Item for an actual extension of game time can make you gold faster.
>>
>>318222652

I stopped playing wow 2-3 weeks after the first expansion came out, I sold gold to some guy at school for around 120euro that more or less paid for the collectors edition and a few months of game time.

Back then gold was useful tho as the flying thingys costed alot.

I dont really see why anyone would ever buy gold in any MMO tho, well maybe you just want to be at the same tier as your friends and spend 20euro on gold then its fine but for real, how do these gold farming companys even make money?
>>
>>318222926

I've sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of gold in MapleStory and RuneScape. I usually try to find out what my customers are buying the gold for so that if applicable, I can suggest buying more gold to unlock something that would provide them greater enjoyment in-game, like the ability to kill a new boss to make more money.

They pretty much always buy gold in order to make their character stronger. The larger buyers usually have a job that allows them to drop a huge amount of money on a hobby or live in a rich area like Singapore. It's simply more efficient for them to drop a couple hundred bucks on some gold than to spend hours grinding.
>>
>>318221340
The conversion rate is going to naturally end up near the bulk of the transactions, which are bot-driven. These are more efficient in terms of time:gold than most people, and thus normal players will almost always be better off using time to work and buying gold than farming it.
>>
>>318221340
its almost like blizzard makes money when you use real money for ingame items...
>>
>>318221340

With the exception of draenor, it was easier to engage in AH PVP.

I made my millions there. Long as they don't let garrisons or whatever the gimmick is kill player crafts and such, AH PVP will always be the most efficient way to wealth.
>>
>>318221340
If you could make gold faster than you could work hours and buy it, people would just farm gold in wow and sell it for a living
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.