[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Kirby_Rainbow_Curse.jpg (94 KB, 599x397) Image search: [Google]
Kirby_Rainbow_Curse.jpg
94 KB, 599x397
I finished this recently and honestly enjoyed it more than Canvas Curse for its bigger, longer levels, great music, and amazing art style.
I understand that why some people are frustrated the lack of copy abilities, but the game still manages to have a lot of variety without them with just the level design.
Also, the difficulty was rather faithful to the original, especially if you're going for the collectibles, and the challenge stages can be quite tough.
This is probably one of my favorite 'experimental' Kirby games, alongside Tilt 'n Tumble and Mass Attack, but many people say it's terrible. Why is that?
>>
no copy abilities?
haha oh wow glad I never bought it
>>
Sorry, senpai, just can't get past the controls.

Not saying this game is bad by any means or deserves hate, I just have a strong distaste in general where only have indirect influence on character movement instead of being able to directly control him/her/it. I would honestly prefer it if you could just play the whole game as co-op Waddle Dee.

Again, not saying the game is bad. Glad you enjoy it, though.
>>
>bad kirby games
>things that exist

PICK PRECISELY ONE
>>
>>318200932
Squeak Squad is awful.
>>
>>318201107
Nah, it's got a great ability selection and is fun to replay.
>>
>>318200827
Why is this considered a bad thing? The copy abilities in Canvas Curse were fucking shit and only served to slow you down.
>>
>>318200493
>I understand that why some people are frustrated the lack of copy abilities
Copy abilities in CC only gimped Kirby. I enjoyed the transformations much more.
Anyway many people even call Mass Attack shit.
Unless a game is the usual SuperStar clone, you'll find people shitting on it.
Just ignore them.
>>
>>318200493
You can't have a bad Kirby, but this was on the lower side for me. They simplified the line techniques a bit, and you could tell level design suffered to shoehorn in unnecessary multiplayer. 7.5/10 for me, still really good.
>>
>>318201279
abilities like the wheel and missile slow you down? come on now
kirby needs abilities
just look at epic yarn, or the boring first game
>>
I wanted to like this game but then the fucking rocket level happened.

That.

Fucking.

ROCKET LEVEL.
>>
Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse are by far the best Kirby games ever.
>>
>>318201912
now this is a prime example of shit opinions
>>
>>318201805
Yet the best ball in Canvas Curse was Meta Knight since he was fast as fuck and tore through everything without having to care about copy abilities.
>>
>>318201805
>kirby needs abilities
Nah. The series wasn't even founded on the concept of abilities. I love 'em, but they're not necessary, especially with the non-traditional games in the series.
Also, Epic Yarn was a lot of fun.
>>
I don't hate it, its predecessor is just a better game, and that's kind of embarrassing.
>>
>>318200493

i bought it, its fun but its not my favorite wii u game honestly
>>
Outside of the NES and Gameboy kirby games, Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse are by far the best Kirby games ever.
>>
>recycled bosses
>no copy abilities

It's mediocre at best mate
>>
>>318202137
But senpai, traditional Kirby is medicore
>>
>>318204838
It's not my favorite either. It's not even my favorite Wii U game this year. I just liked it a lot.

>>318205018
Ah yeah, forgot about recycled bosses. Canvas Curse recycled them, too, but they were probably more fun overall in that game. That said, the bosses aren't really a strength of either, it's all in the levels.
>>
>>318205267
No they weren't.
Other than being recycled, they weren't even real bosses, just mediocre minigames.
Only the last boss was legit.
I have the impression that most people have really hazy memories of Canvas Curse.
>>
>>318200493
People hate it?

It's really my favourite Kirby spin off
>>
Enjoyed canvas curse...hated the demo of this
>>
File: kriby.png (193 KB, 394x459) Image search: [Google]
kriby.png
193 KB, 394x459
>>318200493
I loved it, it was a really fun game. It was 60 bucks I would be concerned but it was 40 new so it was fine for me.

The music was awesome, it controlled well, the graphics looked really nice and the stop-motion style was really pleasing. The only gripe I have is that you can't look at the bigger, nicer screen while you play (or rather you can but it's really hard to do).

Reminder that the bad scores it received from reviewers stated that the game was "too hard" I shit you not
>>
>>318201839
Dude. That level is nothing compared to beating the final boss without getting hit. As the rocket.

That 100% felt so good doe.
>>
>>318202386
Because he had Sword by default and was faster than Kirby

If he was just faster than Kirby with no copy powers he'd be shit.
>>
File: kirby listens.gif (2 MB, 249x258) Image search: [Google]
kirby listens.gif
2 MB, 249x258
>>318200493
The controls can be touchy at times, but overall i love it.

>The music
>The claymation
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.