[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your opinions on JonTron? Any youtubers similar to him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: jt.gif (35 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
jt.gif
35 KB, 269x200
What are your opinions on JonTron?
Any youtubers similar to him?
>>
Ech.
>>
>>318195153
he's funny. like his show.
starcade is utter shit. never updates.
>>
>>318195153
not vidya
>>
>>318195153
Fat pewdiepie
>>
>>318195297
pewdiepie is a fucking retarded kid faking jumpscares
>>
I like him. Before Gamegrumps, he was just some guys who was partnering up with Egoraptor. Now I prefer his content. I don't know how I feel about his new higher budget stuff. His Goosebumps vids are GOAT. Also, how the fuck does the guy live so well? Is it just Jewtube and Polaris money or what?
>>
>>318195153
Funny content with great (for youtube) production value.
>>
>>318195564
He probably made quiet a lot off of Game Grumps, plus he got ridiculously popular afterwards and his videos get <500k views. Polaris probably helps a lot too, hes living comfy
>>
JOHNNY IS HUNGRY!
JOHNNY IS HUNNNNGRY!
>>
>>318195791
Living the dream. I'm jelly.
>>
Definitely not https://www.youtube.com/c/shovelwarehouse
>>
Originally a harmless redditfag who made maybe one or two good jokes a video, but the videos themselves arent very informational and he came off as yet another irategamer.

His stint with gamegrumps showed that he is really bad at video games(unable to beat the first level of rogue squadron? What is this, DSP?) and his humor consists of being lolsorandum, ECH, singing, and "get a load of this guy hes all like <insert ech or lolsorandum>"

Leaving game grumps he did a charity stream where he was going to play through his favorite game in it's entirity, but couldn't beat it(even though its his favorite game) and loaded a save or something.

Now hes just a shill for EA, which was obvious in the deadspace 3 video.

He went from a harmless redditfag with shitty opinions(see top 10 overrated games) to a eceleb far too big for his own good. Both in physically, and in popularity.

Someone saying game grumps was good when jon was on the show is a easy way to spot a newfag.
>>
fun vids, but not a big fan of some of the newer stuff like starcade, feels pretty soulless
>>
>>318195153
BLUCHMM!
>>
>>318195153
His newest video was shit.
>>
File: 11111111111.png (246 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
11111111111.png
246 KB, 640x480
You a gamer, dude?
>>
>>318195958
Fuck off retard
>>
>>318195564
He seems to have some rather serious sponsorships now, aside from just the Audible sponsorship that every youtuber and their dog seems to have.

What I'm wondering is how many people work on this show with him now. He's almost less like a youtuber now, and more of a low-budget television show, with how these episodes look and feel.
>>
File: jontronstop.gif (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
jontronstop.gif
2 MB, 853x480
>>318195297
>>
>>318195958
Lurk more on what is a newfag and maybe, just maybe you will fit in :)
>>
>>318196106
titanic one was good tho.
>>
>>318196180
He's always had a few friends help him on his show, I guess he has them plus some more since he has a set now. Hes always wanted to be a sort of AVGN-alike in quality and style, since he was a big inspiration. His new stuff is nice but I feel its lost a lot of his charm
>>
>>318195958
>tripfag
stopped there
type an essay out on your tumblr blog faggot
>>
>>318196180
>!New Jontron
>studio lightning, elaborate sets and costumes, PONY

>old Jontron
>an SNES game on a string

Does anyone else think Jontron is kind of soulless these days?
>>
>>318195153
ecelebs aren't videogames
Fuck off
>>
>>318196786
he makes videos about video games therefore he is related
>>
>>318195564
>>318195791
>>318196180
As someone who's approached by sponsors like Audible daily, I can tell you it's where a chunk of his money comes from. They offered me $18 per signup, meaning if my link were followed and 10 people signed up using that link I'd receive $180 dollars. JonTron is probably given larger incentive to keep him onboard. Anywhere from $20-$30 per sign up if I had to guess. But that's not where he gets most of his money. Most of it comes from merch. It's like you guys forgot he has entire merch pages. Kids love merch.
>>
File: ten.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ten.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>318196786
>>
His new stuff is way too high budget, weird thing to complain about I know but all I notice when I watch his new vids is "wow this looks extremely professional". I miss when he did low budget random stuff, now all his vids feel more like an event.

I miss stuff like the "reviews" and the one offs like the Final Hallways. He's definitely moved past that stuff and it makes me sad.

Also people with Jontron avatars tend to be annoying as fuck but that's something else entirely.
>>
>>318196683
nah also renting a pony for a few hours isn't that expensive. Parents do that shit for kids birthdays all the time.
>>
>>318196897
>As someone who's approached by sponsors like Audible daily
Who are you?
>>
>>318197265
I won't say and if someone does, it's not me. It's not important, I just thought I'd share my two cents. JonTron was also contracted to do Starcade and is being paid professionally for that as well. There's a reason why he's on a set now. He's in New York with a sweet pad making mad cash.
>>
jontron has rich parents
>>
>haven't watched anything with him in it since he left GG
>have always been subscribed to him
>see the food games video in my sub feed
>enjoy it, decide to watch some of his other videos

God damn some of the editing/camera work is pretty impressive compared to the rest of the YouTubers. All the props/costumes look pretty good.
>>
>>318195153

Annoying fuck can't stand him won't watch him
>>
His stuff is hit or miss. Most of the time they miss.

He's okay.
>>
>>318195153
Jontron is the peak of YouTube reviewers. There are plenty of others that attempt to reach his level, but all fail.
>>
>>318195153
He is pretty funny. His current solo stuff was a bit less fun, but its still good. Starcade is lame-ass shit.
>>
>>318197846
And Jon's parents have a real good marriage
>>
File: 1448660105641.jpg (88 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1448660105641.jpg
88 KB, 700x700
Will any popular YouTuber ever NOT become shit?
>>
>Any youtubers similar to him?

kek There was a short segment when he was on Sleepycast where they talked about Jontron ripoffs, but they didn't mention any by name.
>>
does Jontron know he's become a ad?
>>
>>318195202
Why does he make that noise?
Why are there so many music remixes featuring his guttural sounds?
>>
>>318195521
Recently he's done the opposite, playing through the latest FNaF straight-faced.
>>
File: 1440027489306.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
1440027489306.gif
3 MB, 257x212
>Dude, Banjo Kazooie is my favorite game!
>doesn't even play through to the end, loads someone else's save to skip to the final boss
>can't win without a disgusting amount of savestate abuse
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.