[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so Majora's Mask. Question about the actual events
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: MMBoxArt.jpg (45 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
MMBoxArt.jpg
45 KB, 500x344
Hey, so Majora's Mask. Question about the actual events of the game. When Majora gets out, it poisons Woodfall, freezes Snowhead, and fills the Great Bay with monsters and makes it murky. Does it do anything to Ikana Valley? I think that the fan understanding is that the people that made the mask came from Ikana, and that's why the land is cursed, and this is probably enough to make it a region that needs saving just like the rest. Did Skullkid's theft of Majora Mask result in Majora doing anything further to Ikana, or no? Or am I wrong, and it is the sole reason Ikana is cursed? And in what way is it cursed, is it just the whole living dead thing? I'd appreciate it if anyone has a solid answer, I haven't been able to find one.
>>
>>318189136
Didn't he curse that musicbox-house's father, kill the waterstream, and stop the anti-redead music simultaneously ? That's already something.

The place was already shunned because of the whole Ninja + undead things, so there really wasn't much of need to make it ever grimmer.
>>
He disturbed the sleeping spirits of the Ikana royal family and soldiers.
>>
>>318189614
True. These are things I should've already thought of, but yeah, thanks.
>>
He also made all the locations have shitty music before you clear the dungeon.
>>
>>318189752
Lol

I was kinda pissed that the main Ikana theme is like a variation on Great Bay, I was genuinely taken aback that they would do something so lazy.
>>
>>318189752
Also speaking of shitty music, I thought most of the ocarina songs were really bad. Like, none of them had a backing track for the playback, which meant that if the the part of the tune that link played wasn't really simple and catchy, it was impossible to fill in the blanks. And pretty much none of the songs sounded good on their own. Things like the teleportation melody just sounded like they randomly pressed three C-buttons and said "alright, put it in the game," and then added the extra audio that went with the teleport animation later.
>>
>>318189136
>And in what way is it cursed, is it just the whole living dead thing?

I believe so. IIRC the gibdos, Igos du Ikana and the ghosts in the ghost shop all disappear if you clear the temple.
>>
>>318189136
>>318189614

Ikana was haunted to begin with, but Majora made the undead more restless and dangerous.

Notice how when you beat Stone Tower the gloomy pink sky turns normal and there are no longer any Bubbles or Garos around.
>>
>>318190465
The music had a few amazing parts and a fuckton of lazy bullshit. Day 1 Clocktown is my favorite Zelda tune though
>>
>>318190919
It also had the GOAT temple song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab60XEyA5OQ

And some other great music as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4SXURJVkDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDX4ZwUeOok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35FJlnl_kYA
>>
>>318191803
I take it you've heard Theophany's Majora's Mask??
>>
Is there a canon origin of the mask?
Personally I liked the story in the manga.
>>
>>318193706
Hystoria just repeats the same thing the game does about some ancient tribe.

Some people speculate the Twli from Twilight Princess are that tribe due to Midnas Mask looking similar to Majoras
>>
>>318193706
No. Nor should there be.

>>318193963
Fuck you with a rake.
>>
>>318191803
>goat temple song
I don't think so buddy
http://youtu.be/GNudhwEAwfU
>>
>>318193706
HMS said something about it being used in rituals by an ancient tribe.

I'm more curious about the Fierce Diety mask, especially after the line of it having more darker powers than Majora.
>>
>>318194330
HMS?
>>
>>318191803
The music for the Deku Palace is also really good and really underrated.
>>
>>318194383
happy mask salesman
>>
>>318194383
Happy Mask Salesman

>>318194638
indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lcIilPl5k
>>
>>318189883
>great bay
they all play the exact same music, did you not notice that?
>>
>>318190465
Agreed. Mujura's music was either outright shit or mostly badly used. Even the main field theme used terribly unfitting instrumentation and there are barely any areas where the music actually fells fitting. The final hours music is a major exception to this though and creates one of the most atmospheric experiences in the series.
>>
>>318196017
oh shit i'm stupid. I think it's partially because I didn't play the game all at once, and I played the last two regions much closer together than I did the first three.
>>
>>318196163
Yeah, I think it's a great game, but most of the music is just flat. Or like sometimes it's sparse but what is there doesn't really fit any kind of mood, and just sounds odd, or something. Like in Snowhead temple. Probably my favorite in the game. But the music just makes me go "what the fuck were they thinking." There's no central musical theme, which would be fine, but the ambient parts are turned way down so that the punctuating things like the piano just sound totally out of place and unprompted.

In general, I also felt the field theme sucked, but more importantly it's the HYRULE field theme, and this is Termina, soooooooooooooooo...........
>>
>>318191803
>Final Hours With Bells Extended
Shit, I loved it when this song played on /v/ a while ago. Too bad the song is multiplied depending on how many tabs you have open and it becomes and inaudible mess. Moot should really find a way around that.
>>
>>318189883
>>318196017
>>318196463
This is really a big reason why OoT feels like a much better game to me. It has the least lazy integration of music and environment I've experienced in a game. MM suffers greatly for begin rushed and pieced together out of OoT assets.

>>318191803
It would be honestly amazing if MM had been built directly on top of OoT as an expansion and you could hear the final countdown music wandering around Hyrule.
>>
>>318189136
Flat said that it's all because of Skull Kid's meddling that the dead are walking, and that normally the living and deceased do not cross.

>>318193706
It was the Moon Tribe. They made Majora's along with Fierce Deity's mask as their symbols of good and bad. The protector vs the demon. Moon vs Sun (see MM's arena).
>>
What is the meaning of the little kids inside the moon?
>>
>>318199269
>You can't always save everyone
>You don't know for sure if your friends really care about you
>There isn't necessarily a clear line between being a hero and being a villain
>The whole thing is a game played by bored gods

Seems pretty straightforward.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.