[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played a Duke Nukem game before. Which one should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: dukex-large.jpg (59 KB, 490x519) Image search: [Google]
dukex-large.jpg
59 KB, 490x519
I've never played a Duke Nukem game before. Which one should I play first?
>>
Duke 3D is the most popular. I don't know how the platformers hold up.
>>
blow it out you're ass
>>
>>318184205
The good old DN3D is the only actually good game in the series.
>>
Zero Hour is GOD-tier too.
>>
3D is really the only one most people care about, because it's an absolute classic as far as FPS go.

The earlier ones are platformers that are decent fun but pretty unremarkable at this point, and Forever is obviously a shit.
>>
>>318184205
Get the megaton edition
>>
>>318184442
You talkin' to me?
>>
Forever is great if you imagine it came out on 2008
>>
>>318184729
I'd say 2004
>>
I've got balls of steel
>>
File: 1448681370733.jpg (24 KB, 361x269) Image search: [Google]
1448681370733.jpg
24 KB, 361x269
Play duke nukem 3d. dont play anything else. Then weep that duke forever was so fucking terrible

>IT WONT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE

even if it was mediocre it would have been fine but randy pitchford and gearbox made every single wrong decision to make that game as awful as fucking possible
>>
>>318184646
I'd suggest Manhattan Project over the original platformers if you just want a platformer experience with Duke in it. The gameplay naturally is more up to date.

>>318184787
Nah late 2005 is more realistic. It could've sat with Quake 4 and Fear and no one would bat an eye.
>>
>>318184657
ok, torrenting it right now.
>>
>>318185085
Gearbox and Randy are little to blame. They were handed a game that was at the state it was. The only thing they fucked up was the weapon limit (though I personally didn't care about that).
You probably should be complaining about Broussard and the team at 3D Realms spending time playing Quake games instead of developing the title.
>>
>>318185453
At least they increased the weapon limit from 2 to 4 in a patch.
Still not enough, but at least not completely no fun allowed.
>>
>>318184205
I never noticed how much Duke looks like Matt LeBlanc with bleached hair.
>>
BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS
>>
SQUEAL PIGGY, SQUEAL
>>
>>318184205
Duke3d on the Xbox 360 arcade was really good and fun with the rewind button
>>
File: misogyny.webm (2 MB, 454x206) Image search: [Google]
misogyny.webm
2 MB, 454x206
>>
File: picco.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
picco.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>318186043

BAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.