[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So you fags are complaining about all kinds of small shit but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: latest[1].gif (564 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
564 KB, 1280x960
So you fags are complaining about all kinds of small shit but are ignoring the biggest retcon
>power used to be a rare commodity in wateland, and even if you found one you would need training nobody knew except specific groups like the brotherhood and enclave
>now in fallout 4 not only do you find power armor in the first 10 minutes
>its also everywhere in any random location of the wastes
>and everyone can use power armor
>literally everyone
>even raiders
>hell have even made their power armor
why did bethesda destroy the importance and rarity of power armor?
>>
>>318179027
>meet minutemen
>tell you to get powerarmor literally 5 minutes into meeting them
>they let you keep the power armor
>>
Because they value how cool it is over what had been established and most people agree so no one brings it up or cares/even played anything before Fallout 3. Face the facts you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 006.jpg (1 MB, 1544x2234) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
1 MB, 1544x2234
>>318179027
Because you gotta give the casuals easy access to the cool stuff.
>>
>>318179027
Nigger, the need for power armor training was something Bethesda came up in Fallout 3.
It didn't exist in the older games.
>>
>>318179027
>even if you found one you would need training nobody knew
That's not how it works in originals. PA training is a retcon itself.
>>
>>318179027
you never needed power armor training in fallout 1 and 2
you can be a braindead idiot with 1 int who can't even form a sentence and still use power armor just fine.
>>
>>318179229
>fallout fans
>playing fallout3 or anything after
pick one
>>
>>318179719
>>318179727
>>318179752

Rekt.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 263x191
>People have had this tech laying around for 200+ years, yet the player needs someone to inform them that people over time got more familiar with them.

Are you one of the, "Dark Souls" has no story people as well?
>>
>everywhere
It's actually pretty rare

>need training
Your character was in the military before the war so he has the training

Power armor is the one thing they got right
>>
>>318180217
>Power armor is the one thing they got right
fusion cores were retconned, in the originals it was stated that they last for 100 years, now they last for a minute if you run.
also power armor breaks so easily, when before they were basically indestructible.
>>
Power armor was widely used by the US army pre-war.
West Coast
Not many military bases. Only brotherhood (ex militants) and the enclave (who make their own) have power armor
Boomers should have in Nellis but nobody touches new vegas
East coast
Set in DC and Boston
Capital region thus Full of army bases. Power armor is common.
Sure training was fucked and a vertibird crashed for 200 years and nobody touches it is stupid as shit but at least scarcity can be explained
>>
>>318180217
>Your character was in the military before the war so he has the training
wife? shoo, shill
>>
>>318180389
They did that for balance. I agree it's dumb but they couldn't do much else. Just assume the fusion cores are already mostly used up.

>>318180493
Playing as the wife is for faggots
>>
>>318179882
Slightly rekt. Still doesn't change the fact that you get access to power armor in the second fucking quest of the game.

That, and it's not even a regular armor you gotta deal with this fusion core bullshit. I'd rather power armor be an end game commodity that I EARNED over it being a stupid limited use gimmick.

I understand that Bethesda was going for a customization aspect, but I simply don't like it.
>>
>>318180761
The first armor you get fucking sucks and it's the shittiest variant and you can't even use it for long because no fusion cores.

It also isn't a gimmick, by end game you can comfortable use the best power armor upgraded leisurely whenever.
>>
>>318180217
>It's actually pretty rare
I've got fucking 12 frames. Certain weapons I've seen less of.

>Your character was in the military before the war so he has the training
That's 1 character of the who knows how many that can use Power Armour.
>>
>>318180761
These are valid complaints, just never mention the fact that they retconned PA training again, since it kind of betrays that you never played the original games.
>>
>>318180491
was sturges also in the army?
or any random wastelander?
>>
>>318180870
This.
Fusion cores aren't that expensive, and you can also find then easily across the map.
Half of the fucking structures have one in their cellars.
>>
I knew the game would be shit within 20 minutes of leaving vault 111.

I started off to the east to explore the wilds and ran into power armor literally sitting in the woods next to a downed helicopter: a giant conspicuous crash site existed in the woods with a complete set of power armor for 200 years, less than 200 meters from a raider camp.

Ignoring the fact that you are given power armor on one of your first "quests", you literally find power armor sitting in the woods right outside of the starting location of the game.

What pacing?
>>
>>318179852
Interplay fans are the minority now.
>>
>>318179027
"There is more power armour in the Boston area than in the west coast settings of the first two Fallouts because there happened to be more there when the bombs fell for [reasons]"

There I fucking fixed it for you.
>>
>>318180986
I was nervous taking my first power core, I thought that by powering down the generator in the building I would cause myself to be locked out of areas that potentially required power. Nah the generators don't actually do anything other than act as a huge ornate display for a fusion core.
>>
File: 1415774144370.jpg (17 KB, 286x256) Image search: [Google]
1415774144370.jpg
17 KB, 286x256
>Minutemen ask you to help them fight some raiders
>They make you their leader afterwards

This fucking game
>>
>>318181006
You can't really use PA straight out of the Vault like that though, due to the fact that at that point, you lack the fusion cores to fuel them, not to mention the perks to make modifications etc to them.

Despite technically getting access to them early in the game, in practice, they still are mid to late game equipment.
>>
>>318180915

I was never the person who brought up Power armor training, friend.

>>318180870
I personally still think it's a gimmick. However I'll gladly admit that's my subjective opinion and I won't pass it off as fact.
>>
>>318180915
Only F2 let you breeze down to Navarro for a set of power armour early-game. In Fallout you could only get a set from the BoS, so a "training" perk would be redundant as fuck, it's implied.
>>
>>318181006
Again any armor at the beginning fucking sucks

You also technically retcon your own argument of not needing power armor training as the raiders aren't using it. Also it's more about collecting fusion cores and full sets of armor. The first power armor suits you'll encounter are literally useless, it's not till mid game (level 20-30) that you'll find better suits. At that point you can actually use the armor and have it be useful.

Also you can make the argument there was less BoS in Boston so the power armor was never collected by them and is instead sitting around where as on the west coast they hoarded tech.
>>
>>318181213
You can have the perk to have the fusion cores last longer at that point. You can also find plenty of fusion cores in close vicinity to Vault 111.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-28+at+01.56.07).png (46 KB, 595x346) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-28+at+01.56.07).png
46 KB, 595x346
Reminder that Pete Hines has already addressed every concern in this thread
>>
>>318181190
That's because you and the black dude are literally the only two members.
>>
>>318179027
>>318179027
In the official lore it said that power armour was just created towards the end of the war and they used it to invade china, but, building the suites took so much resources and they couldn't build anymore or a large stock. They were used as tanks in battle, not full armies.
>>
>>318181190
>Minutemen is literally one guy
>he expresses this tragedy later in his dialogue
>you were the only one who could save him

I hate the game, but you are retarded.
>>
>>318181243

'Breeze down' to Navarro is ridiculous. You had to have played the game in its near-entirety, probably at least twice, before you could perfect the Navarro-infiltration and Power Armor theft.

In Fallout 3 you could also skip half the main quests in the game by finding your dad early at the hidden vault under the truck stop, so long as you knew where it was.

It was the ability to, if educated in the game enough, to make these clever little short-cuts and leaps which made Fallout so great. FO4 is the most railraoded of all the games thus far.
>>
>>318179027
>why did bethesda destroy the importance and rarity of power armor
In literally every single other Fallout game Power Armor was more common than in FO4 though.
>>
>>318181184
I agree on that being bullshit.
Removing the fusion core from the generator should actually have some fucking effects, like shutting down lights, turrets etc, making terminals inaccessible and so on. It would actually make it a trade off of removing the fusion core, and it would also give a reason to carry them around for exploration purposes.
Like, maybe sometimes, in order to explore a part of a structure, you would need to actually power shit up, instead of just hoard those cores to fuel your armor.

Bethesda once again, fails to create a more in-depth system, despite the components being there in plain sight.
Hopefully mods will fix that.
>>
Lore wise fusion cores do last a long time still since guys like Danse and the BOS guys use their Armour all day. The protagonist just finds drained fusion cores I guess. Full charged Fusion cores are probably the rare ones.
>>
>>318181243
>In Fallout you could only get a set from the BoS
You can steal a set from them so it's pretty clear you don't need any special training. If designers wanted to, adding a perk after you speak to some BoS dude would be trivial. They clearly did not. Most military stuff designed to be easy as fuck to operate by an average grunt, anyway.

I get why they added training perk in 3, it made sense there since BoS/Outcasts patrols are everywhere and they die all the time and due to Oblivion engine you get the armour they worn on the corpse. In FNV all PAs are in some heavily defended/remote places, so the perk makes less sense there. Sawyer's mod actually changes it so it just eliminates PA weight completely (it "wears itself"), but you can wear PA without it (you just lose lots of carrying capacity). A lot of user mods do the same.
>>
>>318181678
Companions can use Power Armour without any fusion cores, so they're just straight up breaking the rules anyway.
>>
>>318181243

You COULD snag the BoS power armor relatively quickly, but you had to have specifically built for it.

The Electronic Lockpicks the 'Thieves Guild' awarded you if you passed their tests? Unlocks the BoS door--no Glow needed. The BoS doorguard doesn't even care lulz. Then it was a matter of bullshitting the part out of the stockroom and getting yourself a nice suit of repaired power armor.
>>
>>318181391
hes a ceo not in the actual story dev team.
>>
>>318181678
I'm probably gonna eventually mod the game so that fusion cores last longer, but are significantly more expensive, and the ones attached to generators actually serve a gameplay function, like powering the fucking generator that is generating power for the damn building and shit in it.
>>
>>318181678
wow how convenient that all of the fusion cores you find happen to be drained down to ~0.00000002% of their remaining power somehow even though it's only been 200 years and they last 1000 years.
>>
>>318181919
Not they can't, they need a fusion core to use it, it's just the fusion core doesn't get used at the same rate.
>>
>>318181958
He's head PR rep breh.
>>
>>318182030
Make them last for weeks of in-game time, don't have any vendors sell them and make them only obtainable in drained states.
>>
>>318182047
I've literally sent Preston into a Power Armour without any fusion cores, and he moved just fine.
>>
>>318182151
Pretty decent ideas too.
How fast should Gatling lasers drain them?
>>
>>318179852
>m-m-m-muh turn based RNG shitfest
Just play a board game if you love boring bullshit, you fucking loser
>>
>>318180389
>they last for 100 years
And guess how long they've been sitting around, and how long the machines you take them from have been running.

I think it's a stupid limit, especially since every fusion core lasts for the same time, but I can see a reason for the limit
>>
>>318179228
They also make you their general after you build two beds and a water pump for them
>>
>>318181304
>this entire fucking post
bethesdrones everyone
>>
>>318182412
Have you seen what they've been doing? Building anything would be a huge fucking accomplishment for those idiots.
>>
>>318179027
>the biggest retcon
Are you just completely ignoring the elephant in the room that Fallout 4 is not a RPG? It's a linear story with only one real choice of which ending flavor you want. Your character is set, your story is set, your background is set, your future is set, your motivation is set, your voice is set, the way you complete quests is set. This game is the death of role playing.
>>
>>318181391
Well he is right though. You really can't argue realism in a game that has brains in robots, laser weaponry, and something like VATS
>>
>>318181678
>every single core in the game lasts about 30 minutes
>not a retcon
right.
>>
>>318182447
FO2 is my favorite fallout though. I'm just saying you guys are fucking retarded and arguing about the dumbest shit in FO4. Complain about the dialog wheel or story, not the actual good things they improved like power armor.
>>
>and even if you found one you would need training nobody knew except specific groups

In Fallout 2 your character, a tribal who had started out fighting ants and weeding gardens in Arroyo has no problem using the Enclave armor after he findsit for the first time. I don't remember ever needing training.
>>
>>318179027
>why did bethesda destroy the importance and rarity of power armor?
because they suck
>>
>>318181679
Wait, I remember not being able to loot power armor from dead Outcasts in 3.
>>
>>318182836
Really? I didn't play it past a couple of hours. Didn't like Bethesda's take on the setting.
>>
>>318182604
they improved the way it was used in gameplay but it doesn't fit into the fallout world that was established in the previous games. it doesn't make sense for the player to find suits just lying around everywhere, it doesn't make sense that people can use it without training, and it doesn't make sense that fusion cores now last under an hour instead of years.
>>
How hard would it be to make a mod that removes nearly all the power armor spawns except for one of each set and also remove the fusion core part entirely?
>>
>>318182965
>it doesn't make sense for the player to find suits just lying around everywhere

Yes it does, especially in a technologically rich area that doesn't have a faction finding and hoarding technology

>it doesn't make sense that people can use it without training

It was only that way in 3 and NV. In 4 you're also ex military if you aren't a faggot.

>and it doesn't make sense that fusion cores now last under an hour instead of years.

Balance, if we had it your way you'd have 100 fusion cores by end game and they'd last you 10000 hours of gameplay making power armor OP instead of balanced like it is now.
>>
I just got the fallout bundle last night on sale for $6 what should I expect? Never played any fallout games before.
>>
>>318183193
>balance in a singleplayer video game
>>
>>318183481
There needs to be balance. If not you'd just be saying how broken power armor is
>>
>>318180493
Power armor training wasn't required in the first 2 games. It was only added in 3 so you couldn't just wander into DC and have power armor off the bat. Probably kept in New Vegas just cause
>>
>>318183694
>balance in a singleplayer video game
>>
>>318183193
>Yes it does, especially in a technologically rich area that doesn't have a faction finding and hoarding technology
so the suits were just lying there for decades and no one thought to take one?
>Balance, if we had it your way you'd have 100 fusion cores by end game and they'd last you 10000 hours of gameplay making power armor OP instead of balanced like it is now.
or they could have had it like in all the other games, when you didn't have to keep using fusion cores. to balance it they could have made it an extremely rare late game item.
>It was only that way in 3 and NV.
yeah, the training that you had to take was an improvement over the earlier games for 3 and NV. they should've kept that in.
>In 4 you're also ex military if you aren't a faggot.
but a huge portion of players are going to be walking around in power armour with no training still. if they didn't bother to make the female mc make sense they shouldn't have put her in the game.
>>
>>318183837
>I don't have an argument so i'll keep repeating the same thing over and over

They should just give us a weapon that does 100000 damage to right, no reason to balance a single player game.
>>
>>318183376
a relatively well aged, accessible crpg with great world building.
>>
>>318182836
Yeah you could, hell it was one of the ways to get past the door guard in operation anchorage by pretending to be an outcast, though the person in charge underground caught on real quick that you weren't an outcast.

it was probably the kleptomania that gave it away for me.
>>
>>318183975
if it'd made thematically I wouldn't mind
If you start breaking immersion for balance you can go fuck yourself
>>
>make power armor feel like a beast and make you a tank
>make it really common
>>
>>318183149
....Probably not that hard once the geck gets released.

I would leave the sellable frames though, I mean seriously it's just sitting there in their shop and they don't know how to use it.

Also the frame out at the sattelite array would make sense to leave, and since raider power armor wouldn't really exist anymore, give you the option to make it at an armor crafting site... I mean it looks kinda like t60 that's been uparmored by someone with access to a welder.
>>
>>318182383
i don't think you managed to insult him
>>
>>318179027
Rule 32
>>
>>318180940
Sturges is a synth so who cares
>>
>>318179027
>and even if you found one you would need training nobody knew except specific groups
Power Armor augments how you naturally move.

Anyone can and should be able to use it. That's the fucking point. You can slap it on any infantryman and he can fight more effectively than he could without it.

Please fucking kill yourself Bethesdafag. Power Armor training is a cancer introduced in FO3.
>>
>>318185169
>Power Armor training is a cancer introduced in FO3.
It made sense in the context of 3, and only 3.
>>
>>318184778
god dammit what?! *loads shotgun slowly, one shell at a time* Dammit I trusted him!
Anyway, for the people bitching about balancing the power armor here's my comprimise: make a fully charged fusion core basically act like a nearly limitless battery (for all intents and purposes imagine it like the durability of the operation anchorage weapons, they're tough but they ain't invincible... it also takes forever to wear them down), and to basically make it so that all the fusion cores you find are at 2-5% charge and it's only late game that you find more decently charged fusion cores.

Mmmkay? Basically the perks that slow the charge rate help in the early game with the low power cores, and then in the late game the perks basically make it so that a fully charged core will keep your power armor strutting around till a behemoth blows up the sun, and then some.

...or make it so that you can recharge them or something and then make them a very limited commodity.
>>
>>318185245
What? Were people suddenly retarded in 3?

Power Armor requires you to climb in and the suit does the rest. First suit you find you should be able to jump in and start stomping around in it.
>>
>>318179719
>the need for power armor training was something Bethesda came up in Fallout 3.

Ironically, the whole point of power armor training was to avoid the "rush to power armor, win game"
>>
>>318185351
>*loads shotgun slowly, one shell at a time*
>implying you can do that in FO4
looped reloads are supposedly a huge pain on Gamebryo, so I guess Beth didn't even try to make them work
>>
>>318185526
so that's why there's no pump action weapon in 4
>>
>>318180493
Female is not canon.
>>
>>318185502
Every other character in both 3 and NV can wear it, the protagonist is just retarded.
>>
>>318179228
They could have fixed this so easily. Expand your characters background by having you tell them you were ex-military prewar and so know how to use it.

That alone would make it more plausible for you to take and use the armour
>>
Fallout haters on suicide watch. It's GOTY bruh. Deal with it.
>>
>>318185639
Oh right of course. The Player did need to be told how to walk too if I remember the tutorial segment of FO3 correctly.
>>
>>318185589
New Vegas had a couple though, couldn't they use that? They did have bugs though, like they instantly reloaded if you changed the ammo type twice
>>
>>318185835
well, it was made for consoles after all
>>
>>318185835
Well that's because he was born wrong, as a miniature adult rather than a baby
>>
>>318179027
>why did bethesda destroy the importance and rarity of power armor?

Because about four people on the planet care about that?

Why is it so hard to understand that a company aiming for broad appeal won't cater to niche audiences? It's perfectly logical. The amount of consumers who actually give a shit about something like the lore of ghouls, Jet, and power armor make up a tiny sliver of their customers.

Especially since said people are biased against Bethesda anyway. They could've done everything right and people still would have complained anyway, so why bother? They know they aren't going to please certain people, so they might as well just disregard them entirely and focus on pleasing the majority of their potential buyers.
>>
>>318185502
As I said, FO3 has lots of PAs just lying around. You could exit the Vault, walk for an hour and find a slaughtered Outcast party, all with powered armours on their bodies. So, it was a sensible balancing act.

Though PAs kind of sucked dick in FO3, power-wise. DR without DT is really boring.

>>318185589
Yeah, Sawyer said that implementing them was easy enough, but they kept running into related bugs afterwards - weird interaction with other animations, with save/load etc.

Also continuous beam weapons are apparently hard to make as well.
>>
>>318185526
still would be nice to be able to do that.. even if it's a single scripted "you have until I've loaded this drum mag to run" sequence.
>>
>>318185589
>>318186069
Found the video! It's all worth watching, but here's the part where he talks about looping reloads specifically.

https://youtu.be/IjH4s06XXQY?t=252
>>
File: Color_Timer.png (459 KB, 584x480) Image search: [Google]
Color_Timer.png
459 KB, 584x480
They got the feel of power armor right for once.

Climbing into power armor, falling 100 feet and landing unharmed with your bionic super-shocks, sinking in water and trudging around on the sea floor, feeling basically impervious to small arms feeling like Robocop's more badass and durable brother. It's fucking perfect.

But they totally fucked up when they gave it to you. Power armor should be a mid-late to late game upgrade so we had time to appreciate combat without it so we can feel just how powerful power armor makes you feel. Sure, in the old games once you know where it is and what you need to get it you could always rush to get Power Armor asap but that's part of the fun of replays anyway. Giving it to you right off the bat in a normal play through fucking ruins everything. So they try to fix this by giving power armor a fucking ultraman color timer, so he needs to pop in a new Duracell every 5 minutes. Too bad Duracells are apparently fucking everywhere and completely ruin whatever balance they were going for and invalidates this entire system. So basically everyone gets free power armor and can use it non-stop form that point on which is retarded because power armor is so good and renders combat with ragtag wasteland ruffians a total fucking joke, as it fucking should, but you shouldn't have it until you've already had to deal with them without it for most of the game.
>>
>>318180986
>Half of the fucking structures have one in their cellars.
In my save, half of the fucking trash bins and can had fusion cores in them.
I swear to God I hadn't even been playing for 20 hours and I had over a 100 cores, with 5 Fusion Cores in a trash can being the fucking norm.
>>
>>318181618
Don't forget the fact that every single core is 100/100.
I mean sure, them having randomized power levels between 1-100 would cause the inventory to become cluttered to all hell, but it shouldn't be that hard to create an interface for Fusion Cores.
>>
>>318185642
the husband is ex-military, the wife on the other hand has a law degree so it makes no sense
>>
>>318185642
>expand your characters background
>even more than it already is
RPGs are literally not for you.
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00001.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00001.jpg
350 KB, 1920x1080
power armour training is not "the biggest retcon" because it was added in 3 you twat
>>
>>318188242
Is that a reference to Planet Escape Tournament?
>>
>>318187261
Youre mistaking fusion cores for fusion cells
>>
>>318188345
my characters name? yes, I always use that name for all male characters I make, the text itself is just a notice about the speech you were supposed to give at the veteran centre, you know the one he was preparing for at the very beginning? the intro is that speech if you still dont get it
>>
>>318188498
Oh, I see. I didn't play FO4.
>>
>>318188458
No, I'm not.
I've regularly ran into trash cans holding 1-5 Fusion CORES.
>>
FALLOUT 4 HATERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Your opinions aren't important to the average gamer and gaming companies. Deal with it or kill yourself.
>>
>>318179027

IT JUST

FUCKING

WORKS
>>
>>318188668
>you should just eat shit because other people are eating shit and "journalists" on the internet tell you to eat shit
>>
>>318188897
Woah dude, drop the gun. Your parents care so much about you!!! (Hint: They don't. Pull the Trigger.)
>>
>>318182557
>Well he is right though. You really can't argue realism in a game that has brains in robots, laser weaponry, and something like VATS
The moron doesn't understand the difference between realism and continuity.
>>
>>318188660
Yeah you're fucking lying. I played through the whole game and found only 8 fusion cores the ENTIRE TIME.
>>
to be fair the FO4 main protag's background is military service, so it's possible he had received training during his time in the military
>>
File: 81ALs5Y.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
81ALs5Y.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>318187251
Totally agree with you
>>
>>318189129
Scrounger might give them
>>
File: BTFOagain.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
BTFOagain.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>Bethesdrones trying so hard to defend their aweful, stoneage-generation game

>And here I am enjoying playing Goty 2015, Witcher 3
>>
>>318179027
I'm so very on the fence about all this.
I love the new feel and uses for the power armour. It feels like a walking tank, love that. The problem is that as OP said its everywhere. With it basically being a vehicle at this point make it rarer and harder to use so you have to earn those really quite significant buffs. The way they have done it in fallout 4 is dog shit though.
> good power armour, finally, obsidian plz
>>
>>318188668

>hey guys, watch me suck this fat fucking corporations cock

>mmmmmmm slurp slurp *mhmm* just *mhmm* deal with it h8terzzz *slurp*

cool.
>>
>>318179027
>i literally cant greentext
>>
>>318188580
Why are you still here?

Just to spoiler?
>>
also the people in vault 81 refer to dogmeat as male and female in the same sentence when you first enter the vault
>>
>>318189243
>>318189129
No Scrounger perk.
>>
File: 1429044453523.jpg (97 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1429044453523.jpg
97 KB, 800x600
>>318179027
Why didn't Liam Niisan just make 13 large generators to power 26 large water purifiers and purify enough water for over 1000 people to have clean drinking water?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (139 KB, 1287x594) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
139 KB, 1287x594
You'd think in an overpopulated polluted shithole like Fallout 2 described Pre-war America as, you'd be practically tripping over fusion cores everywhere you go, after all all that population needs a lot of energy to sustain it.

Oh, wait, Bethesda forgot that Pre-War America was supposed to be an overcrowded polluted shithole with the irony being that in some ways the people of the post-nuclear world are better off than the prewar ones!
>>
>>318182412
>be General of the Minutemen
>still get told by a nigger what to do
>still have to turn in quests to him
>>
>>318189335
Can't hear you with the gun in your mouth dude.
>>
>>318189458
>>318189243
>>318189129
I'm not going to say folks are lying because I've seen plenty of people with 40+ cores on the PA HUD, but I'm at like 17 hours in and I've only got 3 cores after the 3 half empty ones I gave to get in Vault 81.
>>
>>318180590
>Just assume the fusion cores are already mostly used up.
I tried doing this but it quite clearly states it's charge is 100(%)
>>
>>318189129
>I played through the whole game and found only 8 fusion cores the ENTIRE TIME.
Are you kidding me? I had 80 fusion cores by the time I reached the main story ending. That's not even counting the ones I burned through using power armor the whole game.
>>
>>318189849
Yes and now assume that doesn't mean it's 100% and instead like 5% of it's actual 100 year charge
>>
>>318181006
You know there was a downed Vertibird in fucking Klamath in FO2 with 3 dead Enclave soldiers in PA around it. Granted it had just happened like days before you come around but still.
>>
>>318187251
>in a parallel universe
>arrive in Concord
>start aiding the minutemen in repelling the raiders with no armor
>suddenly, a brotherhood of steel paladin in t-45 arrives minigun blazing, killing the rest of the raiders
>you have a minute to talk to him, he's on a scouting mission from the Capitol Wasteland to the Commonwealth, the scribes he was guarding are dead and he was trying to find a way back
>suddenly a Deathclaw arrives and attacks you and the paladin
>the paladin manages to kill the deathclaw but dies himself
>his armor is fucked up, barely functional, minigun in shreds
>the minutemen help you drag the armor back to red rocket truck stop
>deeper into the Commonwealth
>you meet a skilled engineer in a side quests
>after the quest you can convince him to go to red rocket to check on your power armor
>side quests about scavenging for spare parts so the engineer can fix your armor, allowing you to use it
>only the t-45 requires Fusion Cores, which are more rare, after obtaining more powerful armor, fusion cores are left for gatling lasers and a generator type you can build in your settlements
>no power armor littering the Commonwealth, becoming a Knight takes longer and only grants you t-51, you get a t-60 II when you become a Sentinel, Institute gives you an X-01
>raiders use power armor but it's beyond shit tier
There, I just fixed power armor in Fallout 4
>>
>>318189129

You can get 3 before you even get past Concord, there are TWO in Concord and one at the Red Rocket.

You really fucking suck at finding them if you only found 8 the entire game, there are 8 in the Railroad HQ alone.
>>
>>318185782
>Fallout haters on suicide watch
Why would Bethesda be on suicide watch? "Fallout" 4 sold pretty fucking good.
>>
>>318182531
>It's a linear story with only one real choice of which ending flavor you want.
Linearity and lack of choice aren't incompatible with RPGs lad, take F1 for example.
>>
>>318190717
It's the same shit as with Skyrim. The pacing of being Dovahkiin wouldn't be so damn jarring if they combined the civil war and dragon lines into one, starting with the civil war, so you're already a big deal before you get your dragon powers.
>>
>>318189650
>Preston Garvey names you General
>you can give all the shit jobs to Preston or minutemen jobbers
>have to meet them at Sanctuary or later the Castle for them to turn in their quests
>>
>magic guns
why
>>
>>318190717
But that would mean you aren't the ultra powerful broken as fuck main character
>>
>>318189720
90% of the vendors sell 1-5 cores for literal chump change.
And like I said, I've often found 5 Cores in fucking trash cans of all places.
>>
did you even play fallout 1

The only thing they retconned was that it can go thousand or so years without dying

That was fucking stupid and I'm glad it's gone
>>
>>318191304
Eat a dick.
>>
Post videos of Josh Sawyer talking about Fallout please. His voice is so soothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 720x540
>>318190934
>F1
>Linear
>Lack of choice

what

Did nobody actually play the first 2 games?
>>
>>318191614
There's no invisible walls, but the enemies server as those walls forcing you one way.
>>
>>318179027
Same reason why Daedric armor in Oblivion/Skyrim is everywhere AND CRAFTABLE rather than there being only 1 complete set in the game spread across the game world like Morrowind.
>>
>>318189612
>Bethesda
>Giving a shit about lore
>>
Are the first Fallout games better than Arcanum?
>>
>>318193112
1 no, 2 yes
>>
>>318193187
I thought 1 was > 2
>>
>>318191840
You can get through the entire game without killing anyone ever, you know?
Then again, the ants in FO2 tutorial do serve as invisible wall for casuals.
>>
>>318193412
Not even close, 1 has a shitty time limit and isn't as dense as 2. 1 has an absolutely amazing atmosphere but it almost feels unfinished. What's there is amazing but 2 is a massive improvement in every way with way more emphasis on side quests and doing more than the main story.
>>
/v/ - "gameplay is more important than story, except when its convenient to my argument!"
>>
>>318184413
he did manage to insult himself though
>>
>>318186045
>Because about four people on the planet care about that?
you're fucking moronic. You don't need to be an old fallout fan to understand how stupid a decision it is, it makes the game way too easy, decrease the power curve and make the world less believable
pure shit
>>
>>318181609
Hey kid, your fallout 3 baby is showing.
>>
>>318190237
and you can't loot an armor that's fused with it's owner, can you?
>>
File: DayTripperNotEvenOnce.webm (2 MB, 330x448) Image search: [Google]
DayTripperNotEvenOnce.webm
2 MB, 330x448
>>318184778
>>
>>318181391
>not being realistic excuses bad writing
>>>>>>>>>>>>>implying
>>
>>318194519
>malfunctioning AI
>is a synth

B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>318194670
I was just posting the gif. Sturges really is a synth though. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sturges
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gr0-dxYHsg

Power armor is shit and only plebs use it anyway? Nuff said? Nuff said.
>>
>>318183376
Start with Fallout 1, most people believe FO2 is the best one but FO1 has a friendlier intro and you can get used to the controls/story/ect a bit more easily
If you start with FO2 you might struggle having little more than a spear and a 10mm with a few bullets, and going straight south and running into Enclave and calling BS and quitting.
Tactics is best left for last, it's not a bad game but I think most of it's become non-canon now (except for a few "major" parts), and it's much more playable/enjoyable if you know how to control the characters
>>
>>318189120
That, and logic.
It's just like that Ant-man movie and why it's stupid.
>Ant-man rule
>you can turn yourself into a 1mm3 human keeping your density and still capable of deploying energy of the adult you are !
okay
>few minutes later that tiny faggot Ant-man, 5 million times denser than plutonium is floating on water

This is the kind of bullshit we deal with. Not about the sci-fi rules we play by but the dumbest shit story that get perpetually raped in all of its loopholes.
>>
>>318180389
>last for 100 years,
Why does this number get lower every time someone brings this up?

They last for well over a 1000 years of constant combat use.
>>
>>318190717
>no power armor littering the Commonwealth

I'd be fine with the X-01 suit out in the glowing sea, because most players won't go there until they're told to, and almost no NPCs venture out there.

Also, I'd still be fine with the Atom Cats, because a gang of greasers who treat power armor like hot rods is fucking awesome. In fact, I want more Atom Cats content. Maybe they could be the ones to fix up your shitty T-45 to begin with?
>>
>>318197161
>Maybe they could be the ones to fix up your shitty T-45 to begin with?
Exactly.
The MC having innate knowledge of power armor mechanics is so fucking stupid.
You can explain raiders using PA by saying that they just found a near perfect condition frame and just slapped on some scrap metal and call it armor, but the MC being able to augment the PA right off the bat is retarded.
>>
>>318197161
>I'd be fine with the X-01 suit out in the glowing sea
Better yet, have the X-01 be a completely new type of power armor made by the Institute and you could find a suit of Enclave power armor in the Glowing Sea.
>>
>>318195967
>The armor usually carries enough fuel to last for one hundred years.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_armor

T-51 power armor typically has enough fuel for 100 years.
>>
>>318191840
Well obviously you shouldn't just be able to rush straight to Mariposa and expect nothing to happen to you
Also as anon already said you can get past the entire game without killing anyone and you can sequence-break hard af, you can finish off the mutants/master before getting the water chip
>>
>>318179027

You didn't need PA training in the originals, either.
>>
>>318197954
BUT HOW WOULD THE ENCLAVE PA HAVE GOTTEN THERE?!?!?
Because FO3 enclave has different PA, and I know that is stupid in itself, but still, how could they break continuity again by randomly making FO2 Enclave PA appear in the East?
>>
>>318198998
Scouts sent by the Enclave from the West Coast via vertibird to check on the East Coast that crashed for any number of reasons in the Glowing Sea.
>>
>>318180217
>It's actually pretty rare
I've got ten of them on my fucking roof
>>
>>318198613
It still took time in order to get power armor and you didnt get it at the beginning of the game making it more significant.
>>
>>318181006
Everybody forgets the material cost of maintaining power armor.
You can't use it all the time because you'll run out of stuff like Circuitry and aluminum which is pretty rare
>>
>>318181618
Bethesda doesn't want depth, depth scares the casuals away.
>>318187480
You could have the ability to merge power from spent cores together.
>>
>>318201061
I wouldn't say scares the casuals away. New Vegas had a bit of depth and it still sold really well. I think it's more that they're lazy and won't lose sales cutting away things like that.
>>
>>318200738
>Circuitry and aluminum which is pretty rare
If you're retarded

Gameplay wise they got Power Armor right, but pacing-wise it's completely fucked, and has that Bethesda trend of there being parts of Power Armor that are actually worse than the base T-45b.

It would have been much better if you had to scavenge each part from a different location instead of finding mostly-intact T-45b PAs laying about all over the place.
>>
>>318201061
You should have been able to spend a Mini-nuke to build a new FC, while scavenged FCs have depleted significantly
>>
Game could use some different frame types with actual frame health and their own encumbrance(e.g. equipped armor/ total frame equip load) would have helped.
Something like:
Quick civilian model: raider armor + a few T-45/51
Basic military model full T-50
Advanced model for full X-01
Maybe a few custom models that are like power armor versions of clothing that takes up certain armor slots, like the duster that leaves the leg slots open.
>>
Nothing about PAs make sense
>most PA upgrades derive from INT
>still need STR for Armorer
>PA parts that boost fucking CHA
>stealth PA is an upgrade and not its own set
>Power Armor can't use Power Fist
>broken armor pieces are stuck in your inventory
>>
>>318201485
Power Armor should have been coupled with Power Suits like the BoS suits or that armor the BoS scouts wear in NV that add functions to the armor itself based on the model, instead of you climbing into power armor and having your clothing magically clip away or painting your fucking Armor for stat bonuses
>>
>>318179027
>tfw playing on very hard/survival
>haven't used the power armor a single time after the tutorial level

you can pretty much play tag with the legendary deathclaws and win in the end without being even hit once

>pic very related: this plus shotguns
>>
>Everybody talks about how OP Power Armor and VATS are
>nobody talks about JET

Meanwhile I rape Legendary Deathclaws with a pipe gun because of infinite advantageous slowmo
>>
>>318190717
>There, I just fixed power armor in Fallout 4
Not yet faggot, you haven't fixed it until you make that mod.

Get to it.
>>
File: rqrq.jpg (168 KB, 740x508) Image search: [Google]
rqrq.jpg
168 KB, 740x508
>>
>>318182361
5,000 to 10,000 shots.
Better yet, more, but they require multiple; one per barrel.
>>
>>318202543
>do androids dream of electric sheep
I wish. It's never made clear if Nick was a one-off, having someone's consciousness put into a computer, and whether all synths are individual people's brainscans put into new bodies, or if they're artificial consciousnesses structured after brainscans of real ones or what.

The early ones are definitely androids but we don't know if the gen 2 and 3 are androids or cyborgs. The game never explores whether or not they're essentially human in the main storyline either. You only have Railroad's "toasters are people too", BoS' "all synths must die", and Father telling you plainly "they aren't people they're just machines". I know some of the institute side stuff explores some of it, but it's minor side stuff for a faction that the average player is already set against when they find it by one of the anti-institute side organizations that show up extremely early in the game.
>>
>>318202543
Fallout 1 and 2 had different ammo types.
>>
>>318190717
Get that bitch a geck.... bitches love gecks!

...no seriously that's brilliant and I'm sure there's going to be about 5 seperate mods that do this, two that are voiced badly, one with no voice, one whose recording drivers were broken and it sounds like TFS android 14 and one where the gameplay and quests are broken but the voice acting is superb.
>>
>>318199660
Radiation storm being one of those reasons.
>>
>>318185504
Even more ironically, power armor is shit in 3
>>
Sidebar, where do I even go to find the submarine? I heard something about that in another thread and have no idea where to look.
>>
>>318179027
Wasn't the main character in fallout 4 in the military anyways? He could'be had power armor training during his service.
>>
>>318206729
This is the only thing OP shouldn't complain about.
But the rest, yup, it's annoying as fuck.
>>
should i get fallout 4 now or just wait for goty edition, kinda want it but i dont buy dlc on principle
>>
>>318179027
It makes sense for the Brotherhood to have lots of them, but for them to be in abundance in the waste land does NOT make sense.

Brotherhood horde advanced technology deemed "dangerous".
>>
>>318206937
Fallout 4 is great if you don't mind the shit dialogue choices. You don't get to roleplay, at all.

You are a father looking for his lost son who was stolen from him. Other than that, the game really is much better than 3 or NV.
>>
>>318181592
>most railroaded of all the games
Nigga what?

I played at my friends house yesterday for like 6 hours and was done with it.

I was level 5 and found Swan Lake. I killed Swan with a hunting rifle from a legendary raider and 1 mini-nuke and got a power fist that literally oneshots everything I touch, and if it doesn't, IT DOES MORE DAMAGE THE NEXT TIME I HIT THEM.

As it is armor is basically worthless in fallout 4. Just wear leather modded for more armor because HURR LEATHER IS RESISTANT TO LASER... somehow. Metal armor is shit cuz a fucking laser pistol will literally oneshot you.
>>
>>318181618
Yeah that makes perfect sense. Fusion cores could either be a key.

The cores are far too abundant. Especially late game when random junk vendors have 2-5 cores on them.
>>
>>318189420
To argue about pointless things. And well, yeah, to spoiler things - but not to people, to myself.
>>
>>318207832
Leather being resistant and metal not....kinda makes sense though
>>
>>318205001
And Fallout 3 did not.
>>
>>318209974
Not really. Especially not when leather upgrades make it just as good as metal in terms of physical, but then also has laser resistance on top of it.
>>
>>318181391
Yeah because sacrificing verisimilitude on the altar of "streamlining" and spunk gargle "coolness" appeal is totally okay if you call it "realism" instead. Realism is only one FUCKING kind of verisimilitude god dammit. Fantasy games have magic casting that follows internally consistent rules. It's the entire literary device that even enables fantasy and sci-fi. When you have ludo-narrative dissonance, no verisimilitude, bad writing and appeal to the lowest common denominator, you can't then jump on a high horse and pretend people are talking about realism--they're not and it's just a straw man to make the cogent criticism raised easier to rebut. Weaseling is what CEOs and PR dickheads always do.
>>
>>318187614
>"good thing my husband told me all about these things during his time in the military"

Literally that easy to fix Todd
>>
>>318189129
At lv 30 I'm setting pretty at around 20, always find one just in time to replace a used one. But I'm more of a stealth build that doesn't use Power Armor desu.
>>
In fallout 1 you have to get Repair pass like 100% to fucking fix the power armor. Fallout 4 its in the 1st mission rip
>>
>>318206919
>>318206729
The one time we see him in the service he's on patrol in combat armor beside power armor troopers.

This doesn't explain the wife either.
>>
>>318194519
is he having a seizure
>>
Has anyone had a bug where a faction suddenly becomes hostile. I'm at the end of the 'Operation Ticonderoga' where you eliminate the courses for The Railroad. When I return to The Railroad HQ, everyone is hostile. I had this happen in the Human Error quest too.
Patch when, Tood?
>>
>>318212669
>Patch when, Tood?
I don't responded to entitled little piss babies like you. Remember to buy our fucking DLC.
>>
>>318213024
Nevermind. It's a companion bug. I'm using Decon and he automatically attacks me when I either dismiss him or go to the Railroad HQ.
This is definitely the least buggy Bethesda game though and the best animated.
>>
>>318181678
>Join BoS
>Ask if I can get a fully charged core to go with my free T-60 suit like everybody else so I don't have to lug around 40 drained ones
>They tell me to sick a dick
Assholes.
>>
>>318213243

>This is definitely the least buggy Bethesda
game though and the best animated.

Found the Bethesdrone.
>>
>>318213940
Are you saying that the Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 games had better animation?
>>
>>318181190
>Go through Mages Guild questline with only the smallest inkling of magicical talent
>Given the title of Arch Mage
>Go through Thieves Guild Questline being loud as fuck and getting noticed all the time
>Given the title of Guild Master
>Go through Companions questline as a dumbass unwise rookie with an iron sword
>Given the title of Harbinger
Bethesda is sinking into an awful habit, Danse fast tracking the player to Knight rank bugged me more than the Minuteman shit

There were mods to help slowdown the process in Skyrim, hopefully its the same here for $12.99
>>
>>318214086
This is not comparable. You actually do stuff to deserve the title in Skyrim, regardless of your playstyle. In Fallout 4 you just save 4 hobos from some random raiders and you're a general.
>>
>>318212736
Watch out, anons - that post has a spoilered flashing jumpscare.
>>
>Walk around wasteland
>Scrapping about 80 entire cars
>>
>>318214705
To be fair he does at least quantify the promotion to general as being "Hey I'm the last minuteman and you're obviously better at the job than I am, if you want it take it and rebuild the whole organization, and I'll watch your back, after that you can pass the torch"

Well there may be some paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>318214705
>you're a general.
Don't ignore the fact that you're the general of basically nothing until you yourself build it up into something.
>>
>>318179027
training started in 3
>>
File: 1368652551357.png (226 KB, 416x351) Image search: [Google]
1368652551357.png
226 KB, 416x351
>>318190717
I came in to this thread just to say how good an idea this is.
>>
I remember when you either had to venture into a radioactive crater mid-to-late game to get power armor from a pre-war trove of technology, or had to be a Brotherhood of Steel trainee with incredibly good repair skill (and had to be a bit sneaky about it) to get power armor.
>>
>>318179027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVQ9KaPxRI
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
What's his name again?
>>
>>318218136
Captain Crunch
>>
>>318218136

Frosted flakes
>>
>>318218136
Special K?
>>
>>318218468
What happened to regular K?
>>
>>318218926

Didn't sell, consumers deemed it too ordinary.
>>
>>318218136
Skinny TB
>>
>>318179027
>importance and rarity of power armor

hmm...you are kinda late on that.
They stopped being rare since Fallout 2.
And to be honest I never got why you need special training for power armor. Its a armor and theres no configuration to do in it. You just puts it on and move around.
>>
>>318182557
No, but you can argue consistency
>>
>>318219569

I like to think the training is for upkeep and maintenance. Like, anybody can get in and drive a car but you need some knowledge before you can fix or repair it.
>>
>>318219569
>They stopped being rare since Fallout 2.
They were pretty rare in FNV?
>>
>>318179027
In the MALE story backgroud he was a experienced soldier with a good background. Makes sense he would know how.

With Raiders I'm gonna assume enough time to mess with it and they figured it out.
>>
>>318219569
The fundamental aspect of servo assisted movement is a rigid body detecting the attempted motion of your limbs and moving in that direction, unless you are well schooled in its use you are most likely gonna press too hard and watch your limbs fly in all directions like a newborn ungulate -halo took this to the extreme with having no limiters on the range of movement making the first pilots literally snap their limbs trying to move. Also claustrophobia and something something diagnostics and functionality.
>>
Anyone who complains that you get a "OP" armor in the second quest is either retarded or plays on easy modes.
Playing on survival, even though the game gave me a minigun and the power armor the Deathclaw could reckt me in two or three attacks.

And just today I started another character, found a power armor somewhere and later got destroyed by two or three blood bugs.

The armor is great against normal bullets, but anything else can destroy you in seconds.
>>
>>318219860
I can't speak for much of the NV map but I've wandered from Goodsprings, past the hidden valley and into a centaur nest with two BoS corpses in a crater before. That takes all of 20 minutes and centaurs are piss even at level 1.
>>
>>318220151
>>318220028
You don't have to defend bethesda's decision to add an artificial limiter to your ability to pilot a suit of powered armor.

>>318220194
If you're talking about t-45a, yeah.
>>
>>318182557
Then why doesn't your character fly like Superman? Or shoot out lightning like Palpy? Or talk to fish like Fishman?
>>
File: 1373267026065.png (21 KB, 131x159) Image search: [Google]
1373267026065.png
21 KB, 131x159
>>318220361
I'm not defending shit, he asked a question about power armor, I answered it. Bethesda put it in, then took it out later so being on either side could be seen as defending them you jackass.
Given time (which most people in the wasteland, especially raiders have), you could learn not to be a gangly chucklefuck after practising in it. Given technology (or a really good technical mind) you could calibrate an individual suit's sensor tolerance to roughly the same amount of force you'd apply moving the limb normally, invalidating the need for training.
>>
File: Untitled.png (135 KB, 651x483) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
135 KB, 651x483
How does this looked for unarmed /v/ less Luck?
>>
>>318220738
Because you didn't try hard enough.
>>
>>318179027
The way I saw it is they didnt want another fo3 where once you get power armor it's the only armor you wear. By making it more common but have it resource based made it more special and actually made it when you wore it feel unique.
>>
File: Sheev.jpg (143 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.jpg
143 KB, 1920x816
>>318220738
>Palpy
You mean Sheev?
>>
>>318214086
>watching my brother play on the 360.
>burns all the beehives when he's told not to
>praised for this and never punished by the guild
I don't get it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.