[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Splatoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
How did Nintendo drop the ball on this?

It's 81/100 metacritic is pretty accurate. Thing is. It could easily be a 91.

>Instead of giving us "free" content. They could have just gave us all that shit at launch and made a paid dlc pack with more stages and modes.

>Two map rotation and battle modes every FOUR HOURS
Rain maker is my favorite ranked mode. But better not be on at the wrong time or you might have to wait HOURS to see it.
It should be three maps rotating every hour.
>No regional match making. Maybe I don't want to play a room full of moon people every match

I own the game, I enjoy the game. But it kills me how Nintendo makes such obvious mistakes in almost everything they do.

They make the best games. They always have. But they make mistakes no one else would.
>>
>>318178187
>>Instead of giving us "free" content. They could have just gave us all that shit at launch and made a paid dlc pack with more stages and modes.

And then the game gets forgotten in like two weeks.
>>
>>318178286
The game sold like crazy off the bat.

Getting some shit gun that is almost the same as half the other guns isn't a huge selling point.

They release a full game, not make a full game and give us some. That's bullshit.

You give the entire game. Then in six months you make a dlc pack that is extra.
>>
File: 13135454.png (120 KB, 335x475) Image search: [Google]
13135454.png
120 KB, 335x475
>Instead of giving us "free" content. They could have just gave us all that shit at launch and made a paid dlc pack with more stages and modes.

what
>>
>>318178450
Instead of giving us the game in sections. And by that I mean taking the game and then splitting it up and calling it free content. They should have given us a full game aka everything they have been trickling out for the past six months, then later release a big dlc pack full of true extra stuff.
>>
>Buy Splatoon bundle.
>Lags on wifi
>go to gamestop to buy usb ethernet
>guy says sorry no gamestops carry that
>Hold on let me check something
>Oh, it seems Nintendo has DISCONTINUED this item, you should try amazon

Are you shitting me? Nintendo couldn't be bothered to make a ten dollar piece of plastic?

Doesn't surprise me since they couldn't be bother to put the ethernet port in the console or give the console a fucking hard drive.
>>
>>318178603
You do realize the modes weren't actually on disc right?
Only some clothes and weapons were actually locked and then later given to the players
>>
>>318178869
>Are you shitting me? Nintendo couldn't be bothered to make a ten dollar piece of plastic?
legal reasons same with the USB dongle that you could use for nintendo wifi so they just let 3rd parties handle it
>>
>>318180204
The game now barely has any content.

It's crazy how much shit Smash Brothers has in it and how little splatoon has.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n0lfqzghLg1s4vxx6.gif (292 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n0lfqzghLg1s4vxx6.gif
292 KB, 250x188
>>318178869
did you ever find a usb ethernet and does it help at all? I just want to fucking play for glory without seconds of input lag it is so goddamn frustrating
>>
>>318181349
I bought one off ebay. Should be be here tuesday. I found a couple at walmart and best buy, but neither were compatible.

I don't see how it couldn't help. Going through the air is slower than a wire.
>>
>>318178869
you must have some Brazil internet to lag on SPLATOON

I dont blame you on Smash tho
>>
>>318178869
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod10279

ayy
>>
>>318178187
>Maybe I don't want to play a room full of moon people every match

Yes you fucking do. Any time I get paired with English names or there's a Japanese splatfest going on, you can be sure that the average skill level of all Ranked Players drop two letter grades. Being S+ and getting matched with A's is the darkest hell.
>>
>>318181697
I didn't see that. I'm glad really.

>24.99
Probably like 35 dollars after shipping and tax

I paid $15 dollars for the ebay one.
>>
>>318181982
>Yes you fucking do. Any time I get paired with English names or there's a Japanese splatfest going on, you can be sure that the average skill level of all Ranked Players drop two letter grades. Being S+ and getting matched with A's is the darkest hell.

There is typically only two differences between American and Japanese players.

1. Japs jump. Which some people call being better at the game. But I don't think mindlessly spamming Y makes you a better player. I never jump and I win. I also never fire hop on mario kart.

2. Americans lag less.

So I will take Americans.

Fuck splatoon for not havig regional.
>>
>>318182396
Splat fests have proven there's plenty jumping shitters sharing this sweet land of liberty with me.
>>
>>318183801
Yeah, but japs are always try hards, much worse than any other country I've seen.
>>
>play Splatoon
>constantly lose matches because one or two of my teammates DC

This is beyond infuriating. It's not a rare thing either. It's very common.
>>
>>318184785
>tfw you win turf war 3 vs 4 because you had 1600 with 12 kills
>>
>>318178187
>The game could had been better if Nintendo raped my wallet with DLC
~Modern gaming
>>
>>318182396
I get disconnects and lag a lot during splatfests. In my experience it's always Americans that have shit internet
>>
>>318185341
where are you connecting from?

I got the console now but I'm thinking about returning it.

>>318178869
maybe you should TRY AMAZON YOU FUCK.
>>
>>318185341
I get almost no lag during Splatfest except when someone with really shitty internet is teleporting around, but playing with Japs always seems like they're at least half a second in the future.
>>
>>318178187
Splatoon deserved an 88-92 range score but it will never happen becausw the Western media is biased against Japan. And no, paid DLC is not a good idea you fucking incest child
>>
>>318185246
DLC, when done right adds to the experience and is fun and exciting. Mario kart 8 is probably the best example of this.

Releasing games with no content, then giving out content for "free" isn't good. It isn't free.

If I go buy a pizza and they give me half of it and the other half one slice at a time for the rest of the week I didn't buy a pizza, then get more free. I just bought a pizza in a really shitty and weird way.

All the content we received since laugh should have been there at launch, even know, I would call it a game lacking in content.
>>
>>318186189
>And no, paid DLC is not a good idea you fucking incest child

I SEE THE WORD DLC AND PANIC BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND LIFE
>>
File: 046.jpg (128 KB, 423x530) Image search: [Google]
046.jpg
128 KB, 423x530
so i got to buy an ethernet cable to get an optimal experience with both these games.
buy a gamecube controller (optional).
buy a gamecube controller adapter (optional).
external hard drive.

What the fuck did I just buy?
>>
>>318187221
A machine that has the best games this generation but you have to jump through a bunch of strange japanese hoops to enjoy them.

Pretty much been that way since the n64 launched
>>
File: 1237824480676.gif (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1237824480676.gif
48 KB, 400x400
>>318187221
>What the fuck did I just buy?
Is this a trick question?
>>
>>318186820
Paid DLC is cancer unless it's substantial and more akin to an old expansion pack, but 99% of paid DLC is not like that.
>>
>>318178187
whoa, I didn't know about that set

Ooohh, that's tempting. Fuck. Too bad I don't have any cash.
>>
>>318187604
>it's substantial
And it can be. Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart proved that.

They were both great. Smash had a lot off cool dlc, but they charged way too much for it. If all that dlc had been half of what they actually asked for it, it would have been great.

That being said. I own a ethernet usb, a external hard drive, a smash controller, adapter, all the smash and mario kart dlc, about 25 amiibos.

I have the money to afford it and I like Nintendo. So i can either buy it and enjoy it or not. Their product is good enough to me to deal with things I don't like to have all their shit.
>>
Splatfests are the only time when you exclusively play with your region, and the map rotation is so you can build a loadout specified for the current maps. Like if Saltspray Rig is active, I'm not going charger because I'm ass on that map with it.
>>
>>318187781
It was 250 at Walmart and Target as well yesterday, and I wish I had had money for it because it's pretty much sold out everywhere. And Nintendo isn't listing it on their site anymore, which makes me think it might have been a Black Friday exclusive, because modern Nintendo really is dumb enough to do that.
>>
>>318187963
>and the map rotation is so you can build a loadout specified for the current maps. Like if Saltspray Rig is active, I'm not going charger because I'm ass on that map with it.

You don't need four hours to figure our what kind of gun and clothing to use.

Hour rotations would be fine. Two would be acceptable. Four makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>318187973
Yeah, looking around that's what it seems like.

That's some shit. I actually still get Christmas gifts from my very well off older sister so I could've gotten her to buy it, but I guess there goes another year without the Wii U. Too bad.
>>
>>318188224
My local gamestop still has a few in stock for 280, if you don't mind picking it up in person, check the ones around where you live.
>>
>>318188426
Hell, it's worth a shot.
>>
I don't think any of those are really mistakes. Sure all the post-launch dlc made the game seem very shallow at first glance, but the slow rollout has kept me interested in the game for months afterward and helped to make sure the online community didn't die out too quickly. I also don't think regional matchmaking is really practical on a console with the Wii U's install base size.

I agree that it feels like a "B" is an appropriate score for the game, but it's still the best thing anybody's released this year imo. I wish Nintendo would attempt more new games that don't rely on their legacy IPs because they're extremely creative when given the chance.
>>
>>318187524
I don't mind the external hard drive since the PS4 doesn't even have that as an option. But having to buy a fucking ethernet port?!

>>318187560
No Layton it's perdy clear.

What games are actually worth picking up anons? I'm seriously considering paying $15 more and getting a PS4, which I don't want to do since I really want to play splatoon and zelda. But with the NX around the corner and developers/Zelda holding off until then, I just don't know anymore...
>>
>>318178430
>The game sold like crazy off the bat.
It made 2/3 of its sales in the last three months.
>>
>>318188759
I know, I'm really torn between the Wii U and the PS4. Wii U has more games I like, but it's almost dead and the NX will probably have backwards compatibility anyway, plus I can get my Nintendo fix from my 3DS.
PS4 has less out right now, but still plenty and lots of upcoming stuff.
I'm a real poorfag, so I don't even have a gaming PC, just a 360 and PS3 plus the 3DS. My laptop is pretty much a toaster and I don't think I can get a PC for 300/350 that will outperform the PS4.
>>
>>318189236
you should check craigslist for the wii u, you can find great deals. I just don't trust people on the internet enough to meet in person. Especially if they're not willing to meet in a public place.
>>
>>318189236
>>318188759
Wii U owner since 2013 here.

If you're really on the fence about the Wii U, know that there are plenty of games for dirt cheap you can get right now.

Rayman Legends (if you haven't played it) and Wonderful 101 are both $30 or less right now. Nintendoland is an amazing party game if you have a couple of wiimotes laying around. Game & Wario also has some awesome multiplayer games (though Single player is pretty disappointing).

Smash and Splatoon are obvious choices, but Mario 3D World is among the best Mario platformers and Super Mario Maker is fun if you like messing with levels. Mario Kart 8 is arguably the best Mario Kart to date outside of online and battle modes.

Pikmin 3 is awesome but it's also pretty expensive for physical.

There's also the bayonetta games.

For now we have no idea what the NX is aiming for, but somewhere deep in my gut I'm nervous that Backwards Compatibility won't be included. Regardless of your choice, you're going to have plenty of games to last you until E3 if you buy now or soon.
>>
>>318188734
When Nintendo does well, they go crazy experimental. It's just recently that both the 3DS and Wii U haven't been doing as good sales-wise so they've stuck to more familiar IPs.
>>
>>318191631
That's actually one of the reasons I want to hang on to the wii u I bought, because I'm worried that the NX won't be backwards compatible. I wouldn't have any doubt at all if the system just had some sort of third party support. It just gets nothing!
>>
>>318178187
are the games stuck on the console since they were pre installed or can you link them to your Nintendo network ID?
>>
>>318178869
>adaptor - 25 bucks
>camecube controller 25 bucks
oh my god all that for one game what a joke
back to the store my bundle goes
>>
>>318192963
The thing that confuses me is that since the game boy color Nintendo has been extremely consistent with BC. The GBA could play game boy games, DS could play GBA and GBC games, Wii could play GC, etc. They haven't missed a hitch.

But with the Wii U and it's odd input methods it makes me wonder.

>>318193139
Games are usually linked to the consoles since it's Nintendo. Lot's of people get up in arms about this but honestly they have the lowest failure rate in the business and if you're worried about it getting stolen you probably have more important things to invest it.
>>
>>318178187
>I want to pay for DLC

please

fuck off
>>
>>318193391
The adapter is only 20 bucks.

also I'd imagine you wouldn't buy a new GC controller unless you needed it.
>>
>>318178187
Wait wait wait. That thing only has a 32gb hard drive? Is that normal? My nephew wants that whole lego dimensions thing for christmas. He turned 8 this year so my sister was going to get a Wii U for it, because we had a nintendo at that age and I told her it should be fine for a kid.

Did I make a mistake? Esp if those two games are pre-installed, how is there room for anything else?
>>
>>318194424
You pretty much have to buy an external hard drive for the thing.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.