[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3 Backwards Compatibility?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 520x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 520x311
Is there anyway for me to play my PS2 games (Not an ISO of the game on an external drive) on my PS3 using a software hack?
>>
Bumping, I too am curious
>>
>>318176568

Only if you had one of the original ps3s that were really expensive.
The backwards compatibility in those consoles was because there was some ps2 hardware included in the console to allow backwards compatibility. Without that it wouldn't be able to run the games because of how different the hardware is between ps3 and ps2.
>>
>>318176568
Only if your PS3 is thick. Thick!
>>
PS2's eDRAM at 48 GB/s is actually faster than PS3's VRAM which is 22.4 GB/s.

So not, not without the original hardware, or emulator hacks like Sony have done for their downloadable PS2 games.
>>
>>318178103
>Thick!
THICK
>>
Shit. I heard you can boot an ISO using a hack, but how is that any different from using an actual PS2 disc?
>>
>>318179951
Yeah, isn't it the same?
>>
>>318176568
You can buy them on PS Store.
>>
So what's the deal with the PS2 emulation on the PS4? Will it be software only or will it take discs also?
>>
>>318181325
I don't think we know yet, but it will prob be software.
>>
File: 1447091548089.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447091548089.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>318181325

Nobody knows but there is a 99% chance it will be software only.

The best thing we can hope for is that Sony will not make you buy a digital PS2 game on PS4 if you already bought it on PS3.
>>
No. The later PS3s just straight-up don't have the hardware to play PS2 games, save the PS2 Classics on the store which run in a proprietary emulation wrapper.

The old ones from launch have proper hardware BC and will play pretty much all PS2 games though. And the ones from shortly after (when the 80GB was first introduced) have mixed hardware/software BC that plays most PS2 games, although it's not as reliable as the early models.

>tfw you still have a launch 60GB + a PS4 and can play all generations of Playstation games

Almost makes up for the two fucking years of nogaems back when the PS3 came out.
>>
File: 4616813515.jpg (24 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
4616813515.jpg
24 KB, 600x325
So is there a 5.5.0 exploit yet?
>>
>>318180990
I wish I had the money right now
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.