[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know he's low tier, but I loved playing him in Melee and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bananaslamma.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bananaslamma.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
I know he's low tier, but I loved playing him in Melee and PM, and I'm trying to main him in 4. Try as I might though, I can't beat high tiers at all. Advice?
>>
Give up until a new patch comes out that either buffs DK or nerfs the high tiers like Sheik. Or better yet, just stick to PM and Melee.
>>
Say dong occasionally to make everybody realise what an unfunny pleb you are.
>>
space bairs in neutral and then spam cargo uthrow to uair to kill them at 60 cuz rage is retarded
>>
>>318171751

Don't get hit, even if you are huge.
>>
>>318172114
Should I work on shield stopping for projectiles?
>>
>tfw fighting games always devolve into spamming the same 3 moves in high level play
>>
Change your C-stick to Attack, so you can use uptilts.

It's a stealth smash attack.
>>
DK is mid tier in Smash 4, actually.
>>
>>318171751

He is not low tier jesus fuck

He's high mid at worst

If he grabs you three times you die
>>
>>318171751
DK is the best he's ever been right now, lower high tier or mid tier.

He's downright unplayable in Melee.
>>
>>318172109

Don't spam Cargo UP -> Uair

Don't uair unless you intend to kill

At low percents (Not zero, at zero just bthrow for damage or something. they'll break out of cargo) You can Cargo up -> Bair -> UpB for like 40%.

>>318172275

Powershield them and continue running

>>318172506

>He can't utilt without c set to attack

Honestly that's a good enough suggestion.

OP, in general learn his combo shennanigans. Jab into grab, meaty nair into grab, Rising Bair to Bair, etc.
>>
DK isn't that bad at all in Smash 4, and that's not even accounting for his crazy Kong Cyclone custom special. He's probably the best super heavyweight in the game.
>>
>>318174573

Post patch I legit would stick with the normal Spinning Kong over Cyclone

Those cargo combos are just too tasty
>>
>>318171751

UP B is invincible on frame 3, you can use it to break combos but it's risky

Doing one quick spaced Down-B rep out of dash is safe against every option but jumping and puts their shield in side-B danger zone

Doing somethign like 6-9 winds of the Giant Swing will kill earlier than full charging it, but it takes more startup and loses the super armor

B-reversed GS is AMAZING out of dash/jump back

Space with bair. You can do two bairs out of a shorthop if you do the first one quick

Meaty bair -> Up B is an airdodge frametrap offstage. The first hit of UP B can kill with rage

Dtilt has a 40% chance to trip at low percents, and can lead in to a grab for hilarious cargo combos

Cargo up -> Up air works longer if you wait until the apex of your jump to hit the Uair; it can work up to around 90%

All of your tilts and smashes have invincibility on the arms during startup, so throwing them out can be pretty safe.

Vary your timing coming back to the ledge with UP B and it becomes very hard to gimp you

sweetspot on jab can lead into stuff
>>
REMEMBER THAT DOWN B IS REAL

Good for punishing rolls and reseting pressure

Also people underestimate standing Up B
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.