[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Kazuma_Kiryu_ouryu_tattoo.jpg (260 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma_Kiryu_ouryu_tattoo.jpg
260 KB, 1600x1200
So when does it release?
>>
>>318169826
When it's most convenient for Sony to use it as a goodwill marketing tool.

aka PSX.

Except they lose goodwill from the people who wanted the game in the first place by having deliberately held it back.
>>
This fucks better don't try to pull any shit, i preordered it months ago
>>
>>318170842
>This fucks better don't try to pull any shit
they already are pulling shit

the fully completed games been in the hands of reviewers for at least a month and a couple put reviews out already

its purposefully being held back from consumers for marketing purposes

they know they locked in yakuza fans so they're shitting on us in order to reach a broader market
>>
>>318170002

There's gonna be an announcement and they're going to say "It's availabale.... NOW!"

And then it'll be an hour or two before they actually put it up because of incompetence at Sony

Just you watch.
>>
>>318169826
Some said the build they showed off in those streams felt incomplete like how some names were still in kanji and needed to fix that bug, but that build was obviously from a month ago and reviewers got the damn game, just release it already.
>>
>>318171353
>And then it'll be an hour or two before they actually put it up because of incompetence at Sony
Fucking Grace Chen!

Also, given how shit slow PSN download speeds are, and how huge the games filesize is (22gb was it?).... I'll be lucky to play the game within a week of release.

Oh good god. How long will the install process take? Things are looking down...
>>
>>318171112

I don't really mind it too much. I hate the fact that it'll probably come out after Xenoblade X, and thus has to compete with something, but eh.

If I get it next week or this week, I'm still getting it. I've waited years now, what's another week or two?
>>
File: 1448375266575.png (2 MB, 1280x1871) Image search: [Google]
1448375266575.png
2 MB, 1280x1871
>>318169826
I don't know but hopefully soon or I'm going to bite the bullet and buy either samurai warriors 4-II or DB Xeno
>>
>>318171618
>I don't really mind it
confirmed for taking it up the ass

long live big vidya
>>
>>318171353
Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls were almost immediately on PS Store after Y5 announcement on PSX.
>>
>tfw I bought a PS4 thanks to the BF deals
>immediately import Ishin because the wait is unbearable
Seriously, they better announce 0 for this bullshit.
>>
>PS3
>>
>>318172956
>Ishin

The demo was so fucking fun, i'm seriously considering it being my first import since there's no fucking way in hell it'd get localized
>>
>>318171356
It's not incomplete or there is no bug with names.
Yakuza since I think 3rd game had that untranslated japanese text when you start a fight with someone.
Honestly I don't mind that because for them it's just too much of a hassle to create a font with a name of the fighter, instead they just use some ugly font and place it under that untranslated text.
>>
>>318171616
With my shitty net while still downloading some other things on PC it took me 8 hours to download over 7GB Resonance of Fate.

I'm surprised I don't have to leave it on tomorrow.
>>
>>318173129
I imported Kenzan a few months ago, wasn't too bad as long as you know the formula of RgG games already with waymarkers and the menus etc.
>>
>>318173328
Kenzan is good but Ishin compared to that is a masterpiece.
Also since Y5, every mission or substory has a mark on the map so it's impossible to get lost or not beat something even without a guide.
>>
>>318173548
Different strokes, I know there are some fans who prefer who Kenzan did it than Ishin, one being the leveling up aspect which now fans are fearing, now even with 0, will have to grind to max out which games prior to 5 haven't had a need to, except Dead Souls but that game is filled with issues.

The combat is better, no question especially if you get the PS4 version. That flow along with 0 is reminiscent to 2's approach. From one combo to the next, to a heat move to follow up with another heat move and so on without stop.
>>
>>318173850
I hated how both did NG+
Kenzan allowed you to keep your levels and heat moves if you completed the Ultimate Challenege as usual, but not skills.

Same with Ishin, you don't get to keep all your skills and abilities like older games letting you carry it over. And 5 did the same fucking thing, what is up with you Naoshi?
>>
Reviewers are already playing the game, for weeks now. Why isn't it out?
>>
>>318171353
So then what was the point of the pre-order? The only reason to pre-order digital is for early download so you can play immediately when it unlocks.
>>
>>318174109
I first played and completed 0 on PS3 and later decided it's time to buy PS4 and thought that I will NG+ on LEGEND on PS4.
While waiting for the PS4 version to come I started to grind money to level up everything just to start the game on PS4 and realize that nothing carries over when you play on LEGEND difficulty.
>>
>wanting 0
>people never learn prequels are shit
No thanks, I'll take 6 asap please.
>>
File: 1444896904744.jpg (39 KB, 638x465) Image search: [Google]
1444896904744.jpg
39 KB, 638x465
All this time I tought it would be coming to ps4. Didnt know that there isnt a ps4 version. I want to support the series but not really feeling like playing stuff on pstripple. Its just so sluggish
>>
>>318174845
But 0 is amazing, the combat is better than any game before it, and the story is as good as 2, at least self contained.

>>318174670
Even 0 suffers this by not letting you carry over anything, I don't get what is up with this. Besides leveling and maybe content is the middle line in subjectivity when it comes to the fans, but everyone can agree that NG+ keep getting worse with each game now when everything else is improved.
>>
>>318174845
Actually 0 is the best thing to happen in the Yakuza series.
It literary saved the series and made Kiwami and chinese translation possible.
>>
the release date is Fall 10th
>>
File: 1437312355954.jpg (36 KB, 223x349) Image search: [Google]
1437312355954.jpg
36 KB, 223x349
>>318175329
>>
>>318174845
>playable young Majima with a blind waifu
>shit
>>
>>318175237
Yeah the NG+ was a huge let down for me in 0.
Thought I could replay the story with the DLC costumes and keep all my money and levels.
I can't even take a fucking screenshot while playing the story because it tells me I can't take a screenshot of it.
>>
I hope based Corsi will bring something new in a week.
>>
File: 1447959572233.jpg (38 KB, 567x523) Image search: [Google]
1447959572233.jpg
38 KB, 567x523
Will they translate voices too?
>>
>>318169826
It's coming out November 31st
>>
>>318174270

Price cut. It's 15% off or so.
>>
>>318177073
No

>>318176969
They need to announce 0 or something, an entire year and then just announcing it there isn't really something that brings excitement.
>>
>>318175139
This is the dumbest fucking excuse ever and it seems like half of /v/ adheres to it. Do the people who say these things only start gaming this generation?
>>
File: genedong.png (18 KB, 88x81) Image search: [Google]
genedong.png
18 KB, 88x81
>>318177251
I didnt say I wasnt gonna buy it but its such a step back. Downloading stuff takes for ever, the XMB is sluggish because its just old. saving sucks
>>
>>318172762
>>318171112
>>318170002
If anything Yakuza needs a good marketing push, so if you complain about this you're not really thinking about the series future.
The only way to get Zero, Kiwami and 6 is if five actually sells enough.
Waiting a couple months for them to make a good announcement that leads to more games coming over to the west then it isn't a bad thing.

If however they don't really do anything to market it, then you can complain that they held it back for no reason.
>>
>>318173242
I think it has something to do with your router.
I grabbed the same game from the sale(everyone should) and it took a little over an hour for me to download. Max PS3 PSN speeds are a little over 4MB/s and my shitty connection has max 2MB/s due to old ADSL2.(Max 25mbit)
>>
>>318171112
>They're shitting on us by postponing it to give the series more exposure (assuming it will get released during PSX)

Stop this nonsense.
>>
>>318178170
Well, my internet is max 6Mbit and download speed at best is about 550 KB/s
>>
>>318173147
They had problem with English text being overwritten by Japanese text. It was one of the bigger bugs that held back the release.
>>
>>318173548
>Also since Y5, every mission or substory has a mark on the map so it's impossible to get lost or not beat something even without a guide.
Except that you can't clear clear data through Premium Adventure anymore so there are things like missable minigames and all of Haruka's shit that you should do during main game if you aim for 100%.

>>318174845
>6
>The game that will once again bring Kiryu back because of him being the poster boy
Nah.
>>
>>318177532
>>318175139
It was fucking released before PS4 was released.

How the fuck do you people think it got a PS4 version? Seriously, why the fuck are there constantly people who go nuts about no PS4 version without realising it was released before PS4 was?
>>
>>318178631

Isn't Akiyama and Saejima the new poster boys technically?

Wasn't 5 all about the new generation or some such?

Also, not that anon, but I just want it all.

Ishin and Kenzan and 0. Also, the 80s are fucking awesome, so 0 is on the top of my list.
>>
>>318179054
Nagoshi said that Yakuza without Kiryu wouldn't be Yakuza. That's why 3 had Kiryu come back and dump Kaoru and have shitty adventures with Mr. CIA and twin brother.

It will happen with 6 too.

I'm more excited for Kiwami and potential remake of 2.
>>
>>318179054
In 5 Kiryu and Saejima has his own side of the story which is nice when looking back at 4.
The new poster boy is Akiyama who is just to fight bad guys after Haruka gets into trouble.
>>
>>318179054
Well 4 was subtitled Successor of the Legend, which meant to me Saejima and especially Akiyama would take the reigns for a while, but no Kiryu gets put center stage in of the end and in 5.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.