[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I failed my driving test. And I was paying hundreds of dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: technology_153a_002.jpg (127 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
technology_153a_002.jpg
127 KB, 600x405
I failed my driving test. And I was paying hundreds of dollars to the jews for driving lessons while they just text on their phone and don't actually teach you how to drive.

I bought a used G27, I was wondering if there's any games on PC that I can use to learn the basics of driving and parking? City Car Driving?

I'm 18 btw so no underage b&.
>>
>>318167806
Relevant to my interest.
>>
>>318167806
Physically wise, the best games are considered LFS and RBR.
If you have multi monitor setup and freetrack to look around you are set for better part of it.
Not full realism but it teach you the basics I think.
>>
>paying for driving lessons
People actually do this? My dad thought me the moment I could reach the pedals. Passed the driving test on my first try.
>>
>>318171232
>kept asking my grandpa and father to teach me how to drive, they just brushed me off.
Now in my thirties I still never driven a car.
>>
>>318171232
there are countrys that have laws to prevent this
>>
Euro Truck Simulator 2
>>
>>318167806

No, it's nothing like driving an actual car. Maybe if you spend 10k or so on an actual simulation booth
>>
File: 1448584382109.jpg (28 KB, 494x622) Image search: [Google]
1448584382109.jpg
28 KB, 494x622
>>318167806
You could play F1 2015, Im sure that would help.
>>
GTA: San Andreas
>>
Hey OP, dont give up bro, i passed my test this last monday and im waiting for the license. But it took me 2 tries, just keep trying until u get it
>>
>>318171232
mandatory in germany for example.
>>
>>318171578
It doesn't have to.
I remember reading light sim instructor who said that while fligth sims wont turn you into red baron, they still taught you about important concepts and when you start your training course you will be a head of the curve.
Stuff like energy management, power settings, G, drag, lift, exceeding limits and so on.

Same shit with cars.
It wont turn you into Schumacher (unless your motion rig give you concision or something) but it will teach you about general concepts and let you train stuff like heel and toe and manual transmission without having any ill effect on your car.
Things like controlling your throttle and gas, how turbo can spin you around when it kicks in during winter, how to catch slides and when start to straighten your steering wheels.
As well as stuff about exceeding grip limits and weight transfer.
>>
>>318171408
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the US to teach a little kid how to drive but my dad did it anyways.
>>318171381
I'm sorry. I was taught mostly because my dad needed a designated driver kek.
>>
>>318167806

Did Jews ruin video games and comics with grimdark when the revolution comes to the brown shooting for the first place? I'm not sure if your students will be able to hang out with a functioning skeleton. the hours will have a few weeks ago by the end of a geek and an introvert the world is not sure how much you want to jump into the painting world like a great way for me to get the most important part of the world where the FUCK isn't showing support for my phase of my favorite part of my favorite is a good idea to have the same thing as bombing of my life and death of Don Knotts the same thing as a country that has been a long time ago and have to be the first place? If so much for your help and support for you to know if you are interested in your area of expertise and I have been a little bit have been a long time ago and I am a skeleton hunter and the Crusades the same time's the world is not a problem with that said that you have a religion that's a lot of people are creeps about it? I have a fucking lovers spat on an anonymous app for your business and leisure travelers and the rest inspire me know if you are an ally in the skeleton war in Afghanistan and Pakistan and the Crusades the same time's the world is unsafe the best way to do it.
>>
>>318167806
honestly it would be way more worth to watch some youtube videos about the topics you are having problems with.
>>
>>318172147
Correct
>>
File: 1185116170604.gif (498 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1185116170604.gif
498 KB, 320x240
>>318167806
How do you fail a drivers test? Read the fucking handbook and then just drive. Theres literally no trick to driving.

It should be as automatic as riding a bike. I don't get how kids these days can't fucking drive, its almost like these faggot millennials spent too much time on their tablets when they were 8, and it ruined the cognitive function of grasping a common concept.

Do us all a favor and just don't get your license, we don't need a moron like you crashing and causing deaths.
>>
>>318167806
Assetto Corsa
>>
>recommending racing sims

Those won't teach someone how to drive, if anything it'll make them want to speed.
>>
File: 74568_78_r3-4_c_lg.gif (72 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
74568_78_r3-4_c_lg.gif
72 KB, 1024x1024
>>318172616

>mfw I failed the written test because the fucking computer that was giving me the test didn't take my multiple choice answer correctly

I pointed this out and they were like "lol nope try again in a month faggot"

The question was "What does this sign mean?"

The actual driving test was easy as shit though, you literally just do whatever the person with you says and drive safely.
>>
>>318172147
Nah, grimdark hit comics because Watchmen did extremely well.
grimdark hit video games because of a push to market to older teenagers
>>
>>318172616
Check poland, they keep making new rules, last been forcible mental exam if you make a crash two years after getting your driving card.
They keep making up some ridiculous shit even for theory part of the exam.
most people I know dont even want to bother with it, too much cash and nerves, otehr go to neighbour countries to get their card there.
Its pretty absurd here atm.
>>
>>318173191
That means "No U-turn" you dingus
>>
>>318173394

stop lying pls

it means no sick loop de loops
>>
>>318172616
where are you from?
>>
No. It may help with your driving style, and learning to take a proper lien in corners, but that's about it.
What mostly concerns them is situational awareness and knowledge of the ruiles. Try moving your head instead of just your eyes. You won't actually drive like this, but it will show you're actually looking around for danger.
Reverse isn't difficult. You just have to understand your pivot point is is the rear wheel in the direction you're turning the wheel.
>>
>>318171468
Can I freeroam in this?

Can I drive without cargo?
>>
>>318173370
I knew a girl from poland that told me you pretty much had to pay an extra for everything. Like literaally everything was corrupted to the core.Maybe you just have to pay more to get some questions overlooked?
>>
>>318173394
It means "No turning back. Finish what you've started, human."
>>
>>318174884
She prob sucked the tester's dick.
>>
>>318167806
what are you trying to improve or what was the reason of you failing?
i have the same wheel and its pretty good but i cant see it helping you improve driving, at least not for the stuff you need in the driving test.
i'm from germany and my dad took me to an old, closed airport so i could practice on the landing field - not legal but eeh, got my licence with the minimum number of mandatory lessons
>>
>>318174997
>riding the manual
>>
>>318167806
>I failed my driving test
How bad can you be?
>>
>>318175762
>what was the reason of you failing?
I failed the parking tests.
>>
OP
Driving properly takes time. Videogames could help but it's not the same thing, not even if you drive the exact car you plan to use irl.

I've been playing Dirt Rally since it has a sports version of my car. It does not handle or feel the same but you get an idea of what it takes to drive properly and not bumping into each other

>>318174884
This happened in Mexico

>Finish test, driving, etc
>"Anon please come to the counter. You did okay in the test but no so great in the driving part. You'll need to do it again"
>"Oh well, can I do it again?
>"It's almost time to close, you can come next tuesday"
>"But I can't I have a class"
>"Well, maybe we can... do something about that"
>"B-but I have classes all day long"
>He makes a face, tells me to pay for the license and gtfo

Later that day when I told my dad I realized that guy was either asking for money or a dick sucking.
>>
>>318174623
yes and yes
>>
>>318176834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0a0u89_J8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HPl5_cqUB4

its in german but Im sure you can get the important points.
>>
Test Drive 3 on Dos.
>>
>>318171232
You people are so fucking lucky. You don't know how bad it is in some places. In my country, Ireland, you must do a theory test (45 euro) and then have 12 practical driving lessons (about 30 euro each) before you are even allowed to apply for the test. Then you need to pay a further 85 euro for the actual test, and if you fail either the theory or driving test you need to pay the same amount again to retake it. Not to mention the test is one of the strictest in the world and they will fail you over the smallest shit. It's fucking ridiculous. For instance if you don't religiously check your mirrors after every little thing you do they will fail you for it. I passed mine a few months ago first try and I stopped doing all that unnecessary bullshit after the first week. I'm still in shock that I passed at all. I hate this country.
>>
>>318177849
Thanks pham.
>>
>>318171232
I paid for lessons because it lowers my insurance costs
>>
>>318178763
That's nothing.

I'm from Sweden, and the guy I know who paid the smallest amount of money I've ever heard of for his licence (without different government aids) paid ~€400.
Mine cost 4 times that, and I passed the driving test at my first try (Only because the inspector I drove with just had gotten an iPad to take notes with instead of a notebook, so she just played with it instead of noticing how shitty I was at driving)
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.