[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technical problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: hjrtjrf.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hjrtjrf.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
What image problems makes you unable to enjoy a game?
>>
microstutters
>>
File: hD4Djto.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
hD4Djto.webm
1 MB, 720x404
Jumpy / extremely low FPS.
Depending on the game or genre, this can be anything sub-20 to sub-40.

Texture corruption / failing LOD or model loading and similar glitches also tend to annoy me.
>>
Very low fps and washed out colors.

Really. So many games that try to be realistic or something just have so much gray.
>>
Uneven and stuttering/juddering framerate is the one that bother me the most.
[embed]https://youtu.be/2quZcTJtEXw?t=2m42s[/embed]
>>
Unstable FPS

I'd rather play 20 FPS than something that flicks between 40-60 FPS
>>
>>318168027
This. Games like Zelda:OoT has never bothered me, since it's locked to the 20fps.

But when a modern game's fps is uncapped and it does massive leaps between > 60 and ~15, it just gets on my eyes and nerves.
>>
I had this really annoying flicker going on in grass and shadows in Final Fantasy XIV, almost drove me crazy but I still managed to play that for a few hundred hours

I just bought LA Noire in the steam sale and the framerate dropping made me stop even though I really wanted to play it
>>
Screen tearing is attrocious.

Also this >>318168027
>>
>Not turning Vsync off in Multiplayer
>>
File: 1448551739487.jpg (551 KB, 820x1250) Image search: [Google]
1448551739487.jpg
551 KB, 820x1250
How common is juddering? It happens a lot when I move the camera and move at the same time in Battlefield 4 and its driving me insane.
>>
Not a problem, but I can't fucking stand motion blur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqMQgpkVfA

I heard it was fixed in Type 0 at least, so I'll have to give it another try.
>>
screen tearing
and more recently, no edge smoothing in modern games

basically means i cant play consoles at all
>>
>>318168731
how can one simple melody be so fucking good
>>
>>318166748
The Witcher 3 has this odd problem with foliage. Especially grass. It looks too clean, too green, if that makes sense. It's hard to see with all of it in the way and eventually it gets to my eyes. Can't play it because of that.
>>
>hate screen tearing
>hate input lag from vsync

JUST

Why isn't there a way to get rid of that shit, people say "limit your FPS to your monitor refresh rate and it gets rid of screen tearing and mouse lag" but that doesn't work.
>>
Shit draw distance, texture popping, and unstable framerates.
>>
Fallout 3 and NV when entering vats.
>>
>>318169159
Vsync isn't a problem if youre playing at 120/144hz anon, get with the times.
Or get a GSync display
>>
File: 18919951.jpg (5 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
18919951.jpg
5 KB, 189x267
anything less than 20 fps
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.