[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evil Genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Maximillian has enough golds.jpg (114 KB, 1024x638) Image search: [Google]
Maximillian has enough golds.jpg
114 KB, 1024x638
I doubt anyone still plays this game but can we have an Evil Genius thread?

Do you have favorite evil geniuses and henchmen and why you like using them?
Do you have any interesting trap or room designs to share?
How do you guys deal with super agents on hard difficulty? They are relatively easy to deal with on normal difficulty but they seem to easily slaughter my minions and henchmen on hard difficulty.

Also is this game ever going to get a proper sequel or not?
>>
I love the fact that people still play this game
>>
>>318166440
>How do you guys deal with super agents on hard difficulty?
I instantly set a tag on them for confusion. The servants kept fooling them and after they lost all their intelligence they just parked them outside till it was time to go back.

God I miss this game.
>>
File: EG-PowerPlant.jpg (224 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
EG-PowerPlant.jpg
224 KB, 1024x768
I have experimented with building powerplants in this fashion. The idea is that neither your minions or more importantly enemy agents can access them making sure your base always has power even if the rest of the base is completely destroyed. The concept works well as long as you plan ahead and manage to keep the need for power on green so the generators don't wear out, you also need to have 1 empty tile next to generators to prevent the need of maintenance.

Also here is a site with interesting ideas:
https://evilroomsandcorridors.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/evilgenius/
>>
>>318167226
What about Steele?
>>
>>318167540
Enemy agents (including steele) need at least 2 tiles of empty space to appear in closed off rooms so no one can enter room full of power generators build in this fashion. However just to be 110% sure I'd fill the empty tiles with something like satan's chimney that could also double as triggers for trap designs.
>>
>>318167847
Oh, didn't know that. Will try that next time.
Steele teleporting into the middle of the base was always annoying.
>>
>>318166440
>I doubt anyone still plays this game but can we have an Evil Genius thread?
I replay it every year. When I started in September this year I did the mistake of picking the gook instead of based Maximillian.

Traps are a trap.
>>
>Do you have favorite evil geniuses and henchmen and why you like using them?
Maximillian is my favorite even if he is the worst one out of the 3 because he has no special ability that works. As for henchmen I like using ones that come with firearms so I always have some long range firepower to deal with enemy soldiers.

>Do you have any interesting trap or room designs to share?
While it's somewhat disappointing I have found that the best "trap" is building shitloads of 2 by 2 rooms at the entrance of your base and have doors with security levels ranging from 1 to 3 between them. Most of time tourists and enemy agents waste all their time on your island with these small rooms and doors between them leaving the rest of your base alone.

Anyway have you guys had any success with outdoor hotels? I get the idea is to have tourists there so they don't see anything suspicious in your base but most of time I only have gotten my social minions caught in crossfire when someone like Dirk Masters show up in them and starts blowing shit up.
>>
>>318168524
I may have success for a little bit but usually my social minions get massacred by soldiers or something and I have to go kidnap new ones.
Better just to kill the it seems.
>>
>>318168524
>hotels
Nope, waste of money. Sooner or later some squad of Fuck Yous or a super agent will go berserk and fuck all that expensive shit up. Just make an extra large freezer and kill everything in sight.

By the way, is there a reason to not be in yellow alert all the time after a certain point in the game? I just keep that shit on even if the sound busts my balls.
>>
>>318169107
>By the way, is there a reason to not be in yellow alert all the time after a certain point in the game?
I haven't noticed any ill effects from doing this apart from your minions possibly losing stats like attention slightly faster.
>>
File: Dirk Masters.jpg (192 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Dirk Masters.jpg
192 KB, 1024x768
Sup guys what's up in this thread?
>>
>Teleporting Jubie on top of super agents and using eviscerate
>>
File: evil_genius_001[1].jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
evil_genius_001[1].jpg
16 KB, 300x225
>>318166440
One of my Top 10 games, I replay it every year or two.

Keeping agents at bay is easy with social minions but you always need to be on the lookout for the death squads. If I can manage to get them drained before they go nuts, I usually have them brought inside and used for interrogations, otherwise I gather the minions and try to kill them quick. Red Ivan is good for this if you can keep him on a leash elsewhere.

Same sort of tactic with the special agents, delay them as much as possible or respond with overwhelming force. I like to keep a special cell in the middle of my base, near the minion facilities, so I can leave them in the cell then kill them fast when they try to escape.

Like another anon said, 2x2 or 2x3 rooms spread out all over the place are good for keeping the regular agents busy and away from your main entrance, I usually put pop-up traps in them, especially later on when I can make an automated trigger.
>>
You know what? I'm going to reinstall Evil Genius right fucking now and start a new game.

BTW: has anyone managed to build a reliable always on trigger for traps that isn't dependant on locking freaks in a small room with level 3 doors?
>>
So all of the evil geniuses are supposed to have a special ability, right?

Maximillian's is supposed to make research easier but as far as I'm aware it's bugged and doesn't work.
Alexis' makes your minions have higher loyalty which is useful not to mention Alexis doubling as a loot huge HUEG area of effect that raises attention and loyalty.
What does the Chinese guys special ability do?
>>
>>318174052
Heat reduces faster than the other two, it's the most useful in my opinion since regional heat affects which agents they send.

If you use an uber trap/traps or cheats to generate money it's no big deal but stealing generates a lot of heat so you want to minimize exposure to it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.