[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't there been a good game about murder mysteries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
Why hasn't there been a good game about murder mysteries and detective work yet? Especially with all the cinematic experiences going around.
>>
Persona 4
>>
But D4, Deadly Premonition, Ghost Trick, Ukiyo no Roushi and Hotel Dusk are great.
>>
File: fmc-tc1-manual.jpg (53 KB, 253x283) Image search: [Google]
fmc-tc1-manual.jpg
53 KB, 253x283
>>318165863
I don't know there is gaijin version, though
>>
>>318165863
Kindaichi>Conan
>>
>>318166971
It's a mystery to me how that can go strong for 801 uninterrupted episodes & a couple movies while Kindaichi gets the shaft. I want to like it, but that drug that makes you a kid or whatever just really takes away from the whole case for me.
>>
File: conanandkindaichi.png (427 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
conanandkindaichi.png
427 KB, 500x446
>>318166971
But they are friends
>>
>>318167457
I don't really care much for the magic potion premise, but some of the cases in Conan are absolutely braindead or complete asspulls which repelled me from liking the series.
>>
>>318167457
>>318167605
Also the older artstyle Kindaichi was better than the newer fuccboi one.
>>
The problem with Kindaichi is that it pulls a bit too much from popular culture that it almost falls into the realm of parody. Conan on the other hand is the perfect balance between spooky, comedy and drama. It's the one anime where I don't even mind the filler episodes, they're almost as good as the nonfiller ones.
>>
File: 1033902-picture_5[1].png (117 KB, 767x716) Image search: [Google]
1033902-picture_5[1].png
117 KB, 767x716
>>318166626
The superior sequel's Super Famicom remake has an English patch. Of course as with most detective games the gameplay is minimal, but it's got a pretty nice story and the soundtrack is excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiEfain5LM
>>
>>318165863
Phoenix Wright?
>>
File: ss_09_cs1w1_x720.jpg (462 KB, 587x720) Image search: [Google]
ss_09_cs1w1_x720.jpg
462 KB, 587x720
>>318165863
Because they're mostly untranslated.
>>
>>318168174
>The problem with Kindaichi is that it pulls a bit too much from popular culture that it almost falls into the realm of parody.

In what sense are you referring to? If you mean the tropes, they're pretty standard detective novels and I like that each case is a complete package of puzzle and solution, even if there may be recurring characters.
>>
>>318168174
On the contrary, I think Conan is basically a detective show for kids. Kindaichi may had dumb stuff like Jason's spirit but its cases were really well thought out, for example my favourite case which was the marijuana village case.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.