[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where's the hype now? Why no one talking about it anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Where's the hype now? Why no one talking about it anymore?
>>
>>318163113
Didn't you hear? It's a peripheral for your very own social media experience now, not games you silly gamer
>>
It was going to be another dumb gimmick forgotten about in a month anyways

It has some potentially good uses in areas besides video games though
>>
Oculus Rift got fucked up by the fact that fucking Facebook owns it now

Now I'm much more interested in how Sony and Valve are doing VR
>>
>>318163113

Under what stone are you living?
Everyone is talking about it.
>>
you'll be playing exactly the same shitty games you've always played, except this time the monitor will be strapped to your face

i can't imagine how anyone could fail to get excited about that
>>
File: L5KvImW.jpg (127 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
L5KvImW.jpg
127 KB, 577x1024
>>318163113

>Facebook bought it

So yeh, just one more thing on the pile of things ruined by casuals and fuckbois
>>
>literally strapping 2 screens to your head

i'm so excited for this it's quite the future! quite! :^)
>>
>>318163113
remember motion based games? same thing
>>
>>318163113
>no peripheral or wide view vision
I was never hyped
>>
File: notch-tweet-minecraft1.jpg (90 KB, 708x340) Image search: [Google]
notch-tweet-minecraft1.jpg
90 KB, 708x340
>>318163113
>>
File: the oculus hot.jpg (248 KB, 806x626) Image search: [Google]
the oculus hot.jpg
248 KB, 806x626
My face overheats as it is.
I couldn't enjoy a game past 10 minutes with this.
>>
>>318163885
that fat ass opinion have no impact to the gaming society, mkay?

besides, microsoft own it now.
>>
>>318163885
Notch's opinion is irrelevant
>>
>hirr durr faecbook is da boogeyman
>Targeted ads, a thing literally every site does, removed by ad block which you should be using at all time
>Facebook will actually notify you if a government listed IP is trying to get access to your account.
>b-b-but zuckerburgs a jew

You're all worse than /pol/ and /g/ combined.
>>
i have a feeling that locomotion issues will severely restrict the kinds of experiences vr hmds will be able to offer.

doesn't fill you with hope when abrash stands there during an oculus keynote and tells you how they have no idea how solve the problem short of performing invasive surgery and implanting something in your head.
>>
>>318164301
>Facebook will actually notify you if a government listed IP is trying to get access to your account.
>believing this
good goy!
>>
>>318164378
>Make a Press Statement and Announcement saying its a feature
>They wont follow up
Okay, im glad you know you're retarded.
>>
>>318164301
Yeah lets just disable these targeted ads on our VR headset... or right it doesn't run on fucking Firefox
>>
>>318163631
Does that matter though? You can still plug it into your PC and use it with any standalone game.
>>
>>318163885
>facebook creeps me out!
>thanks microsoft

haha epic fat vacation manchild
>>
File: zuckerberg.jpg (59 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg.jpg
59 KB, 500x280
>>318164301
Good goy. Trust Zuckerberg.
>>
>>318164524
>Being *this* gullible.
I'm disappointed in you.

Also they wont. They're not supposed to.
>>
I never understood calling VR a gimmick like it's a bad thing. It's going to excell at one thing and that's any game that's attempting to be immersive. The genre it's going to improve the most is survival horror. That's not to say horror is only about spooky visuals popping out at you since storytelling and pacing is also extremely important in titles like that.

Sure it may be a gimmick but is it really that bad? I for one would like to have games where my aiming isn't attached to the center of the screen at all times. Could make for a nice feel similar to Goldeneye.
>>
>>318163113
Unfortunately, as usual, console hardware will dictate the games made for any 3d devices. That means working 3d is 10 years away.
>>
File: 1408700880102.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1408700880102.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
>>318165656
>>
>>318164378
That's meant to scare normies and keep them on the straight and narrow. Anyone using Facebook for illegal activities is an idiot.
>>
>>318163997
That man is hot
>>
I was pretty excited thinking I would be able to watch movies on a large ass screen, but then i learned that the movies on it will look like vhs, so the hype is gone.
>>
>>318163113
VR is still good it's just that there's literally nothing to do with it. As a new product it suffers ios/android market problems with it being filled with shit, uncreative, repetitive, low quality nonsense.
>>
>>318164672

I don't believe so, I think most games will need to be "Oculus Ready" like the way Doom 3 is.

Unless you want it to operate like a glorified mouse on your head, in which case it really will be a very expensive gimmick
>>
>>318163885
That's nice and all, but Carmack is probably working on the GearVR version right this second.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.