[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many unqualified people at these videogame events?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: gary_newell.jpg (55 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
gary_newell.jpg
55 KB, 539x960
Why are there so many unqualified people at these videogame events?
>>
File: gary snail.png (194 KB, 344x292) Image search: [Google]
gary snail.png
194 KB, 344x292
gary snail?
>>
They couldn't hack it as real journalists so they came here
>>
Because you don't need to play videogames to write about or advertise them
>>
>>318158325

The difference between a degree in journalism and a degree in communication.
>>
>>318158325
what a dumb bitch. i dont care if you dont know every dev's name, but you should at least know the God of gaming's name
>>
File: 1391486912091.gif (865 KB, 370x281) Image search: [Google]
1391486912091.gif
865 KB, 370x281
>>318158325
Because video games aren't made for "events", they're trying to turn them into red-carpet circlejerks that movies and music has, but it lacks the problem of the people behind video games being nerds and technical superstars instead of movie stars and music personalities.

You can't invite a video game character to an event. Hollywood is still treating video games like you can and then putting on these cringey stage shows where it becomes blatant that they've never actually heard of anyone who makes the games possible, and are instead merely pretending to be 'le video game nerd' for the money.

Launch events were a mistake, conventions were a mistake, E3 was a mistake.
>>
>>318158639
But he doesnt make games
>>
>>318158325
because you have to put a woman in there for equality sake instead of someone who knows how to do something other than posting shit on facebook all day and throw opinions around when no one asked for it.
>>
Man I love Garry Numan. From Half life to his hit song Cars.
>>
>>318158325
Yeah, Gaben shouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>318158832
Who's Gaben?
>>
>>318158832
yep, he's too good for these shitty events.
>>
>>318158639
>here's a discount on a game you wouldn't have bought otherwise, have fun cluttering your library my little goy
>prese the gaben pope god of pope gods :DDDD fugg :-D
>>
>>318158948
>tfw gaben haters have nothing to actually grab on so they spout the same shitty memes every time

do you people think you are cool for hating something everyone else likes?

hipsters gonna hipster i guess.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.