[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly was the Institute's goal in Fallout 4? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: YOUR SON.png (164 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
YOUR SON.png
164 KB, 340x340
What exactly was the Institute's goal in Fallout 4? Why did they kidnap people and replace them with synths?
>>
You though about it more than most people, developers included.
Congratulations.
>>
Good question. I don't wanna kill the smartest people left in the world but they have no clear goal and I honestly don't know what their alternative for the wasteland is. Replace all people with synths? Or what?
I'm just gonna nuke the shit out of those cunts.
>>
>>318154561
Basically shaun lies to you a lot, and the members of the institute too.

If you challenge him in the dialogue he will get visibly upset.

The whole kidnap and replace people was part of the FEV experimentation DESU, they kidnapped people forcibly mutated them into super mutants then sent synth clones to take their place to not arouse suspicion.

They would serve as watchers too, which is pretty much SRB's doing.
>>
>>318154828
Why the fuck would they kidnap actual people with families and shit and not some dumb raiders.
Is it because IT JUST WERKS
>>
Why did the Brotherhood just explode their reactor without even taking a look at their tech?
>>
>>318155012
This. I get them wanting to destroy the Institute, but surely they would have wanted at least some of their tech first.
>>
>>318155012
Because now all proof that maxson is a synth is destroyed.
>>
>>318154949
Please do not think too much about the plot, bethesda sure as fuck didn't.
>>
stop trying to understand bethesda's writing, in all honestly it was probably nothing more than just an issue of them needing to make the institute the bad guys and this was the easiest thing they could come up with
>>
>>318154828

But here comes the question

Why the fuck are they making super mutants?
>>
>>318154828

Do they lie to you alot? Asides from the FEV lab, which you can't seem to talk to anyone about, Institute doesn't have that many skeletons in the closet. I heard they continue to replace random NPCs if you choose to side with them? I want the Long family out of Sanctuary.
>>
File: ScreenShot16.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot16.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318155160
Institute were the bad guys? I sided with them just because it seemed convenient. I really didn't care fuck all about any faction.
>>
>>318154949
Raiders know how to fight back and don't have overly long life expectancy.
While a synth in diamond city could gather quite a bit of information and probably spread false information as well
>>
>>318155718

Well

Why would they need to spread false information if they weren't kidnapping people who people cared about?
>>
>>318155807
Dunno.
To keep people on edge maybe? Spread distrust making kidnapping easier.
>>
>>318155935
That still doesn't explain why they're kidnapping people in the first place.
>>
>>318156010
FEV experiments apparently.
>>
>>318155935

But once again

If they're kidnapping Raiders

They don't need to spread disinfo to make kidnapping easier

So why kidnap people with families if the point is to spread disinfo to make kidnapping people with families easier?
>>
>>318156131
The FEV lab looks like it hasn't been used in years though.
>>
>>318156265

Wasn't it damaged in some accident?
>>
>>318156238
Again to gather information.
What information are they gathering?
Probably some stupid social experiment achievable by modern day high school students.

>>318156265
>>318156345
It was recently used but I'm pretty sure Brian Virgil created an antidote then infected himself because of my morals to shut down the program.
>>
So many things in Fallout 4 are just not explained at all and it's ridiculous. What is the Institute actually trying to accomplish? Where the fuck did all the super mutants come from? Why are you able to build a water purifier out of scrap when the entire plot of Fallout 3 was about the wasteland desperately needing clean water?
>>
Exactly. I never got this shit either.

If the Institute wanted to improve humanity's lot, or do the best for humanity as they keep saying, surely they wouldn't send out death squads of roaming synths, some of whom kidnap and replace ordinary wastelanders. Like -- how in the fucking shit does that improve humanity's lot? In what UNIVERSE do a bunch of scientists sit around, learned men and women I remind you, and think amongst themselves, "yes, this is adequate."

The explanation given is that the Institute does it to collect information. Now, bear with me here, but the Institute has a lot of high technology stuff, like hydroponics and a research facility which produced an energy reactor. It seems to me like both of those things would be useful and bring a vast quality of life improvement to the HUMANITY living out in the wasteland. They also, I hasten to add, have a fucking teleporter. What's stopping them sending synths out as peaceful representatives, teleporting directly to settlements and helping people out by giving them hyrdoponics / energy / technology, and in return the settlers give them information / blood sample / etc.?

There's no need to have combat synths like Coursers because they can teleport wherever the fuck they want whenever they want. Why would a synth need to go through dangerous raider-infested areas, or walk anywhere at all?

THE GAME IS DUMB
>>
>>318156621
Oh and one more thing why even build synths in the first place

Why
>>
>>318156621
And one more thing. That quest where you have to fin that synth who escaped and became a raider. There's several problems with that

>1
Why not just teleport to the top of the ship settlement

>2
Why not just press a button to teleport the synth back to the Institute base

>3
Why are these people building robots who can think, feel, and have free will in the first place

>4
Why aren't these people putting remote destruct buttons on their synths if they keep going rogue
>>
>>318157001
>Why aren't these people putting remote destruct buttons on their synths if they keep going rogue
Why can't they just transmit the shutdown code to them directly? Why does it have to be said out loud?
>>
>>318157116
Exactly. You get it, dude.
>>
>>318156621
>In what UNIVERSE do a bunch of scientists sit around, learned men and women I remind you, and think amongst themselves, "yes, this is adequate."
Maybe they're synths too.
>>
>>318157151
But they're not and they're shown to not be.
>>
This thread is making me realize how fuck awful the main story line is in this game. Like I knew it was bad but I didn't about so much of this shit until now and it's actually appalling.
>>
>http://fallout.gamepedia.com/The_Institute#History
>The Institute formed out of the ashes of what was once known as the Commonwealth Institute of Technology (CIT). While the college itself was completely destroyed in the flames of the Great War in 2077,[1][2] the science staff took refuge in the underground of the Institute and carved out a subterranean habitat for themselves.

How the fuck did a group of scientists carve out an underground facility as large as the Institute in the middle of a city without anyone knowing?
>>
It's so funny because there are so many things wrong with Bethesda's Fallout games on almost every level yet people still buy them by the truckloads. It's mindless fun with a lot of reading thrown in.
>>
>>318157551
they originally build a small one, as time passed they dug deeper and expanded it
>>
>>318157551
Was Massachusetts called the Commonwealth before the war too? The game didn't seem very clear about that. Didn't Mr. House say he went to MIT, not CIT?
>>
>>318154828
But they appoint you as their leader and then the story ends. They never explain anything. The ending is literally a recap of the beginning and then "this time I'm ready, because war never changes".

It pains me how shit everything is in this game. I truly honestly wanted to RP and it just kept disappointing, annoying and maddening at every fucking corner.
>>
>>318157668
How the hell did they expand without synths? They somehow snuck heavy machinery into the middle of Cambridge?
>>
>>318156846
They started as simple robots. Then someone probably said "how about robo waifus" and everybody went with it.
>>
File: 1422326311263.png (70 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1422326311263.png
70 KB, 288x288
>Humanity's best chance is to forsake our humanity. For Humanity.

Just say we need to turn into artifical beings for fuck's sake
Regular joes wouldn't give you so much shit if your synths didn't pretend to be human
And also if your prior synths didn't go on a rampage and give yourselves a bad reputation. Not to mention the kidnappings
>>
>>318157792
MIT probably had some of it laying around

maybe they already had an underground complex before the war
>>
>>318154561
Basically the Synths that are being made were made for humanity's best interest. Imagine a robot who could feel/act like a human.

So while all the non-mutated/radiated humans are busy hibernating in cyrostasis, the synths can come up with practical solutions for the commonwealth.

Even as smart as they are they don't know how to clean up the commonwealth so the only way to prolong the research and ensure humanity is on it's path to being saved they make synths to take over these vital roles.

Or least that's what I think.
>>
>Believe that synths are the future of the humanity
>Deny they have free will
???

What the fuck are they hoping to accomplish then?
>>
So why do we buy bethesda games? I always seem to give up a few hours in.

>Game engine is shit
>Gameplay is shit
>Story is shit
>Everything is shit
>>
>>318157821
>shaun wanted robo-waifus
>>
>>318156442
Raiders are out of "society" though

If they made a synth out of a raider and cleaned them up they could easily pass as an average wastelander, like a scavenger
>>
>>318154561
That's exactly what I was thinking about the entire fucking time.

Do they ever tell you? I honestly savescummed halfway into the Institute because they never told me shit
>>
>Institute - you don't understand us nobody does we are misunderstood fuck synths but synths are the future we are here to help people by replacing them with synths that are shit fuck synths but it's the future we are helping you don't understand
>Railway - waaah they are equal to people waaah now lets imprint random memories to fool them away from reality waaah
>Brotherhood - fuck technology even though our entire power is based on using technology but technology is bad, fuck synths too but our best soldiers are synth fuck tech waaah
>Minutemen - hey another settlement needs help tp there kill one ghoul thank you another settlement needs your help

Fuck every single one of them.
>>
File: aj0wACj.gif (1 MB, 460x243) Image search: [Google]
aj0wACj.gif
1 MB, 460x243
Why do the Brotherhood destroy the Institute instead of killing everyone there and salvaging it? They went to all the trouble of sending several scouting missions and a huge airship, so I don't get it?

How has the Institute never found the Railroad, and once they do (eventually!) find the Railroad's base, why don't they teleport many synths directly inside it?

Why are there Super Mutants here? How did the Institute get the FEV virus? How did a bunch of people from CIT manage to build all that subterranean madness during / after the bombs fell? Did they just happen to have a load of HGV, computer components, earth removers and loads of biological material when the bombs fell or what? Or did they send people out to collect the necessary components to do so? If so, why even build synths in the first place if they are content to send people out? And if they built synths to reduce risk to the humans who go out on such ventures, why have they given synths human characteristics like free will, emotions, etc.? If they have a teleporter why don't they just teleport wherever they need to go exactly instead of having to slog through the wasteland to risk human lives / synths at all? If they have Coursers and combat synths who look like humans, why even hire Kellog? Why don't the Institute teleport as many wastelanders as they can into the Institute so they can protect / shelter them from the wasteland and get all the fucking information they need?

Why are the Minutemen so incompetent? Why don't the Minutemen have a town-by-town recruitment drive? Why don't the Minutemen try and set up some semblance of local enterprise and democracy? Why don't the Minutemen train townships to defend themselves? Why don't the Minutemen have recognisable uniforms? Why don't the Minutemen broadcast recruitment drives on the radio? Why don't the Minutemen work closely with caravanners to protect trade routes?
>>
>>318158097
Because /v/ is retarded. Bethseda games are only worth playing with a lot of mods and even then only for $10 at most. If you treat it like the indie quality game it is instead of the faux-AAA game it pretends to be, it's not so bad.
>>
>>318158251
No, Shaun doesn't tell you shit. He just says the Institute's the only hope for humanity but doesn't explain why or how.
>>
>>318158192
Again dunno.
It's the institute. They have a bunch of "we are enigmatic" bullshit.
>>
>>318158097
It fills a niche of a shooter where you're running around a nuclear wasteland looting and shooting to your heart's content while still having the interesting parts of an RPG.
next closest thing is STALKER

Also
>buy
>>
>>318157928
>Father rejects plans to research immortality (something literally every other person in the Institute craves) because "it just wasn't right"
>instead decides to pursue creating and enslaving near-sentient synths as janitors
>9/10ths of the institute is okay with this

How the fuck did father manage to get in charge anyways? What could he possibly have done to gain so much respect other than being a clean blood sample for synth testing?
>>
I'm siding with the railroad. At least they fight the institute and save synths that want a better life. And the synths that aren't psychotic are way, WAY better human beings than the actual human beings. Even if they went haywire, with the institute gone they wouldn't have any clear direction and would get eliminated by anyone quickly.

BoS are just a bunch of fancy raiders. Maxson is a huge cunt and his intolerance towards synths is fucking stupid. It's not hard to understand that some synths aren't fucking evil because they managed to escape, and that they are willing to help to make things better. How is that a bad thing? How do you discriminate against human-like robots when there are fucking DEATHCLAWS AND RADSCORPIONS constantly barraging your asshole until it bleeds? Fucking idiots, goddamn.

I don't even know about the minutemen but it seems them and the railroad are the only good choices. Institute is too retarded and the BoS are just awful cunty people. Danse is okay, though. Because he's a fucking synth.
>>
I only really liked the Minutemen but I mean you're at a crossroads with the Institute. I mean you don't kill the smartest people left it'd be outright redundant.

There was no reason for them to take Shaun they should've taken you and had your life prolonged to wipe out their enemies from the start.

And also, the fucking synths hate being at the institute why? It's clean, it's war free, and you don't have to worry about fucking dieing.

And if they cared enough about the Gen 3, why the FUCK didn't they make it so they couldn't have free will instead of programming that in then getting mad they have it..
>>
>>318158561
Why did they need fresh, untampered DNA to start with? Why couldn't they just build robots with stealth boys to do the heavy lifting / information gathering? If they needed pre-war untampered DNA, why did they just take the baby and not the entire family? Why kill an adult female human with probably the only untampered female DNA in the wasteland? Why don't they just teleport directly into Vault 111, and teleport the frozen pods back with them?
>>
File: 1445880922848.jpg (33 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1445880922848.jpg
33 KB, 580x435
>they damage control kellog still being in perfect shape alive after 60 years because of tech making him immortal

This should be the point where everyone stopped playing.
>>
>>318158809
If they could make some random schmuck immortal, why even build synths? Why not make Shaun immortal if they can do it for Kellog?
>>
File: 1445796764633.jpg (210 KB, 1371x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445796764633.jpg
210 KB, 1371x1080
How anyone could say that Fallout 4 has better factions than NV is beyond me. I really just can't understand how people find the radiant quests fun.
>>
I want to like the story but jesus christ Shaun wouldn't just hand over the institute that easily
>>
I find the setting really interesting, but some of it is very bad writing. That, or people in the wasteland can't reason. I went with the Railroad because I thought "Sweet, let's free some synths and then get the institute to help the commonwealth.". Then the freeing synth quest turned into the main quest and those fucking fanatics blew up the BoS airship and completly destroyed the institute and every scientist there. I was pissed and quit the game to read the alternative endings. Turns out, it doesn't get much better.
>>
>>318158809
Didnt make him immortal, there is an entire dialog section explaining how he lived so long

And why is that a problem? So unbelievable? In a game set in a fantasy world where a bunch of things that are impossible are possible.

Its more belevable than the cabots, people in the same game, living for over 400 years by injecting themselves with alien blood.
>>
I 'like' fallout 4. not GOTY or anything but I did 'enjoy' it i suppose.

The greatest fucking flaw, over all the shitty bugs and game design is the writing.

>need some sort of plot device
>lol your son is running the big bad guy gang
>No real motivation for what they're doing
>No explanation as to what their long term plans are
>Gives you no reason to want to side with them other than you're supposed to feel bad because he's your son
>Shaun is unlikable fuckwit
>FEV experiments for no real reason and the only background info you get is through a side quest and even then it's limited at best
>rather small structure given how hyped up they were

This is the worst fallout game by far. And that says a lot, 3 and NV had a lot of issues. Like i said, i do enjoy the game but fuck this bothers me. What the fuck, it's like they really didn't think about it beyond "YEP THEY'RE DA BADDIES!"
>>
>>318154561
their goal was to wait for the "doomed" commonwealth to eventually die out before repopulating the service

they used synths to head to the service to get supplies and make sure noone tries attacking them, while also conducting experiments on the population because "their dead/doomed anyway, might as well use them to learn new and improved ways to farm/ reproduce etc etc."

the institute is a small utopia which desires only to preserve itself, while other wasteland societies attempt to create utopias and survive above ground.

The dilemma is whether or not you decide to kill a utopia because it WILL flourish, at the expense of the commonwealth

or destroy the institute and HOPE that the society you have allied yourself with is equally capable of surviving and flourishing as well
>>
>>318158809
>>318158906
They didn't make him immortal they just drastically increased his life expectancy. The program he was a part of was shut down for some reason
>>
>>318158783
Or, you know
>"hey will you come back to this perfect safehaven with us since outside is a radioactive wasteland?"
>"Okay"
>"Cool"
>>
>>318158906
I just want to say this.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SEARCH A DEADLY WASTELAND FOR YOUR SON

Now listen, if I knew my son was at a place no one could reach and was safe I'd drop him like a bad habit and fuck the best waifu Strong and make a new kid

This nigga barely knew his son, I'd be more pissed about my wife dieing then some little shit who isn't even mine cause my wife is a whore

I got keked in irl recently....feels bad
>>
>>318155087
If you read the terminals, you'd understand that they don't even trust their own technology.

HOWEVER, how would the Brotherhood even know this, especially if you didn't read the terminals.
>>
So I went to the institute, was evasive about joining and Father let me hang out there. Now I'm going to do a railroad quest to kill some Gen 1 synths, but they're not hostile to me.

Does anyone know if killing them will make the institute hostile?
>>
File: minuteman.png (273 KB, 900x897) Image search: [Google]
minuteman.png
273 KB, 900x897
>>318158340
You're spot on with everything else, and while this doesn't excuse it, the Minuteman stuff can be explained.

>Why are the Minutemen so incompetent
They got betrayed and split apart. Only one guy left.

>Why don't the Minutemen have a town-by-town recruitment drive?
They do. The player.

>Why don't the Minutemen try and set up some semblance of local enterprise and democracy?
The Minutemen are supposed to be like the IRL Minutemen. Not a Government or organized army, but people willing to pick up a gun and help their fellow American at a minute's notice.

>Why don't the Minutemen train townships to defend themselves?
You can do that in-game. Give the Settlers armor and powerful guns, add turrets and fortifications

>Why don't the Minutemen have recognisable uniforms?
Again, like the IRL Minutemen they're not supposed to be an organized army.

>Why don't the Minutemen broadcast recruitment drives on the radio?
You literally do this to start a settlement.

>Why don't the Minutemen work closely with caravanners to protect trade routes?
Local Leader perk
>>
>>318159272
Nope. Not until you actually betray the institute.
Father tries really hard to keep you in everyone's good graces
>>
Where is the Enclave? Why is there Enclave armour if there is no Enclave? Where are the robobrains? Why are deathclaws retconned to "mutated lizards"? Why have I been given power armour and a minigun 20 minutes into the game? Why is this game so badly paced? Why am I living a nice '50s suburban live and 15 minutes later I'm killing raiders? Why does this game have shit tone? Why am I l going from living a nice suburban life and laughing at my snooty robot to suffering a loss, and killing radroaches in the space of 10 minutes? When do I get time to emotionally process this shit? Why is Vault Tec so incompetent as to show up 5 minutes before bombs fall? Why do Vault Tec show up at all? What's so special about Nate's family that they have to make a special last-minute exception for them? How can the PC put a Pip Boy on, I thought they had user-specific biological locks?

Ah Jesus I am tired
>>
>>318159175
at this time you don't know what the conditions inside the institute is like

your son could be getting raped by synths 24/7 and being horrifically mutilated for all you know.

it's not only until you teleport into the institute that you realise it's a modern utopia
>>
>>318154828
Why do they care enough to send synths? They're creating fucking mutants for fuck's sake, why would they care about some hobo family living in rags in the wasteland?
>>
>>318159272
You can fuck over everyone as hard as you want until you get to the quest where you betray them, the game makes it pretty obvious when a certain faction becomes hostile.
>>
>>318158809
>not to mention that Kellogg somehow walks the way across the West Coast to the East Coast, despite there being gorrilion miles-wide tornados and radiation storms in the middle

Everything about Fallout 4 is dumb
>>
>>318159306
I guess so. I just wanted to say something about the Minutemen, I guess. I know there's something about them that isn't right. Something super retarded. Must be. But what?
>>
>>318159092
Fuck off Pete Hiness
>>
>>318159306
>They do. The player.
>You can do that in-game. Give the Settlers armor and powerful guns, add turrets and fortifications
>You literally do this to start a settlement.
>Local Leader perk
The game should not revolve around the fucking player. It's so frustrating that my settlements do absolutely nothing on their own. They don't even assign themselves to tasks automatically.
>>
>>318157151
Did you watch Battlestar Galactica?
>>
>>318159336
This is what I never got.

WHY does he try so hard.

He was raised from a baby by these people, he had no obligation to even care about you considering he was already dieing so it's not like it mattered.

I mean I get the whole "it was an experiment to see how well you'd do" but fuck that shitty writing. If you were gonna be such a problem he shouldn't have let you live.

He could've just drained his memories into a new gen 3 synth and left that mortal coil to actually do good for mankind.

Instead he lets some fuckwit with a gun make the decisions of how the institute proceeds to do nothing beneficial to the commonwealth.

I mean really if they said they would help the people WHY DON'T THEY DO IT

Fucking clear out the CIT ruins, build a base, invite people to go there for protection and shit, hook up with diamond city for a trade route and proceed to increase the likely hood of reach your goals.

I mean shit they even took in that one scientist dude fucking who knows how many more are out there.
>>
>>318159116
that's headcanon you just made up 2bh
>>
As much as i enjoy Bethesda games, Main story is always shit

100s of hours played and ive never finished main quests in Oblivion, Skyrim or Fallout 3
>>
>>318159092
>one Bethesda retarded shit is more believable than another bethesda retarded shit

wew
>>
>>318159663
You're his dad. That's obligation enough.
>>
>>318159913
>Main story is always shit

Morrowinds was interesting, though.
>>
>>318159712
nah f-a-m

when you talk to shaun on top of the CIT he comments and justifies his actions by pretty much saying "yep first time I've been up here in decades and I knew this place was dead and no hope of saving"

then if you betray him he also comments on his deathbed how you've doomed humanity as everyone is pretty much going to die out

the institute is just a classy high-tech vault with outside influence waiting for the final extinction of the commonwealth before repopulating

all their experiments are orientated around new and improved farming, medical and security advances for when they inevitably re-occupy the surface

just because the story isn't obvious and you don't get a melodramatic monologue doesn't mean it isn't there
>>
>>318159663
They were probably trying to push the player into feeling fatherly pride.
I hope dlc explains shit.
Hopefully we don't go back to the pitt or capital wasteland
>>
File: Give Me All Your Money.jpg (57 KB, 363x359) Image search: [Google]
Give Me All Your Money.jpg
57 KB, 363x359
>>318156583
>So many things in Fallout 4 are just not explained at all and it's ridiculous.

It's okay anonymous! That's why the, "FIX THE PLOT DLC" is for! After all it worked for Fallout 3! Remember to go and buy Bethesda's season pass!
>>
File: ishugddt.jpg (21 KB, 450x444) Image search: [Google]
ishugddt.jpg
21 KB, 450x444
>creates human like robots

>none of them are sex slaves
>>
>>318159663
One of the Institute doctors mention how little direct firepower the humans of the Institute had, and that since they were all scientists, none of them were an impartial leader, which is where the player comes in.

I do think they want to help people, but people in terms of a mass noun and not individuals. They believe that a bioaugmented/purely technological race would be best for society.

It's kind of sad, really - the scientists there are so logical that they've looked completely past the human experience, while the synths they've created just want to live like a person.
>>
>>318159092
>Its more belevable than the cabots, people in the same game, living for over 400 years by injecting themselves with alien blood.
Is there ever any actual proof of that? For all we know they're all insane.
>>
>>318160081
It isn't there, though.
The Institute in the years after the bombs fell, was helping the Commonwealth. Then the incident with Mr. Carter happened and SUDDENLY, THE INSTITUTE WANTS TO DESTROY THE COMMONWEALTH.

They don't want to occupy the surface or anything. They just have a hard-on for synths and kidnap and experiment on people for no fucking reason at all.
>>
File: why blank.png (121 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
why blank.png
121 KB, 250x418
Why did they send a synth to murder that meeting of commonwealth faction representatives?
>>
>>318160265
The only robutt I want is Kleo

She can assassinate my dick anyday
>>
>>318160265
>institute thinks robot x human relationships are disgusting
This is why they had to die.
>>
>>318157928
We went from someone like House to the retards at The Institute

BRAVO BETHESDA
>>
>>318160293
One of the institute scientists hates synths and think they make people lazy.
>>
>>318160265
Wait for sexout mods
>>
>>318157786
>I wanted to RP
you could try wasteland 2, i heard that's a lot better in terms of being an actual RPG
fo1 and fo2 are also completely built around your being able to rp however you want
>>
>>318160319
>helping the commonwealth
>by abducting, kidnapping and butchering the commonwealth

nah m8 it's pretty clear those experiments are just reverse vault tech
>instead of experimenting inside the vault, experiment on the people outside of it for when they inevitably die out

it's like the enclave, but instead of abandoning the earth to go to mars they intend to abandon the commonwealth to occupy the dead ground that will, in their eyes, inevitably take its place
>>
>>318154561
Synths are better servants for the institute than Humans. But Institute ultimately serves to Humanity, albeit sacrificing the people in their way
>>
>>318156621
The teleporter really is the wrench in the engine of their plot this fucking time. How the fuck do they have such technology but don't have a means of using it as an escape method? You're telling me these idiots are sitting on something that has the potential to make them be anywhere they want to be in the blink of an eye and they don't use it to create more underground facilities other than the one hole in the ground they've been in for the past two decades? How is the Brotherhood ever a threat to people with such possible mobility?
>>
>>318158283
need a yes man mod so i can say "fuck you" to every option
>>
Why did they kidnap Shaun anyway? I didn't get that far and stopped playing.
>>
>>318160578
it serves itself

they believe humanity outside of the institute is doomed
>>
>>318154561
So anyway, was it a The World's End's reference?
>>
>>318160338
Shawn says the meeting collapsed due to infighting.

I don't know if he's just not telling the truth the truth or if he ordered it because of the infighting
>>
>>318157676
the reorganization from states to commonwealths happened in the 2050's IIRC, so House could have gone while it was still Massaschucetts
>>
THey kidnapped people from the vault because they weren't impacted by the radiation from the bombs going off and were "pure".

This was to make better synths

What they wanted to do once they had perfect synths is beyond me
>>
>>318160609
>Oh no the Brotherhood is here!?
>They don't teleport a bomb onto the Prydwyn
>Oh no the Railroad?!
>They don't teleport a fucking hit squad of 20 coursers into their base
>Oh no the Institute is being attacked?! About to be destroyed!?
>They don't escape en masse with the teleporter

You are quite right in your assessment of the teleportation. It is a plot hole of elephantine standards. The writer(s) of this mess really needed to look at what they had written.
>>
File: 2015-11-27_00007.jpg (113 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27_00007.jpg
113 KB, 1366x768
>>318160265
The "personal synths" have got to be sex slaves
>>
>>318158097
>So why do we buy bethesda games?
>"We"

Todd please. I haven't bought any of your crap in decades.
>>
>>318160546
The Institute started abducting, kidnapping and butchering after the Mr. Carter incident.
Which is why the writing is pathetic. A defective perfectly-human (for no reason to look 100% like a human) synth killed people in Diamond City, got killed, people found out it was a synth and there was a distrust towards the Institute.
Why the Institute made synths look 100% like humans? No reason.
Why the Institute didn't continue to help the Commonwealth with obvious synths instead of synths that mimics humans? No reason.
Valentine was accepted because 1. He looked like a synth; 2. He helped Diamond City.

Same thing could happen to other synths, but nope, the Institute is now EBIL for the sake of being EBIL.
>>
>>318160670
They wanted to base their 3rd gen synths on human DNA, and Shaun was one of the only babies around with pure, untainted human DNA.
>>
>>318159491
Could he have traveled threw canada?
>>
>>318160338
There's a holotape in Father's office that explains that synth was not only defective... but not authorized to have been put on the surface in the first place.
>>
>>318159643
>They don't even assign themselves to tasks automatically.
Wrongo
>>
>>318159643
>The game should not revolve around the fucking player.
????
>>
>>318160338
Wait, what meeting is this?
>>
>>318154561
actually the main plot is you are synth all along, but todd want the game into muh cinematic feel and change it into parents babby relationship.
if you strip away the story you will realized synth plot doesnt make sense at all with nick as your companion, beth must be force retcon the script somewehere along the way
>>
>>318154561
>reach institute
>right away get forced to either stay with them or leave
>ummmm but wait can you tell me what is up with you guys?
>no join us of fuck off!
>umm ok ill join but I have no idea what you want
>ok cool go murder the Railroad people and BoS
>ummm wait what? why
>do it your our leader now
>I don't want to I'm a good guy
>too bad you already joined us no turning back now
>fuckk

literally my experience right now. Never even got dialogue options of shit I actually would ask them or and real choices sine joining them. Such a joke.
>>
>Diamond City looks like a gritty, noirish city in the trailers
>Is really just a couple of shanties surrounding a noodle stand with very few sidequests available
>>
>>318161331
FUCKING. THIS.

And so many other factions do this too.
FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT GAME.
>>
>>318161320
At some point there was a meeting from commonwealth towns to create a provisional government, but the representative from the institute, a synth, killed everyone.

Nick talks about it and Father alludes to it.
>>
>>318161306
The world should feel like stuff actually happens without the player having to be there to experience it.
>>
>>318161331
What are you talking about they give you plenty of choices such as

Why?
Sarcastic yes
Yes
and the classic
No
>>
File: output_R3SdoR.gif (267 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
output_R3SdoR.gif
267 KB, 300x367
>>318160921
>THAT FACE
AHHH
>>
>>318160915
at least with the railroad, they don't actually know where their base is

but yes, they could have easily done that with the first base rather than sending a bunch of synths in to destroy it

and no excuse for the others, you're right
>>
File: nickyoung.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
nickyoung.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>318161331
>no join us of fuck off!
I don't know about you but if I was in charge of a very secretive group with access to the worlds most advanced technology I would also want them to either join or just get out, I wouldn't be sharing all my secrets with someone who is completely unaffiliated with us.

>join a faction
>cry when they tell you to fight their enemies
Pic related.
>>
>>318161331
Bull shit, I told Father I didn't know if I wanted to join and he didn't force me to do anything right away.
>>
>>318154561
are you stupid?
>>
>>318158097

Because there is huge void in open world rpgs since long time, enough to make even mediocre games to be played.

Beth throw out third/first person "rpgs" (even if their rpg mechanics gets castrated over and over) with open world (dead, empty and without sense, but still open) and mods support (since Oblivion, their games are only skeletons for mods) and people pay it, because they dont have anything else.

Risen 3 turned out to be 6/10 game too, what else is left? To play Morrowind for 12th time? To clear Gothic 1/2/first Risen once again, when said games are rather small and you can easily find out anything during your first or second run? Once again play New Vegas or older Fallouts?

Wasteland 2 is a bit linear to be honest, yet superior in terms of roleplaying, mechanics and gameplay quality overall.
>>
>>318161537
They dont want players to cheat the system by waiting infinitely on a chair for the settlers to upgrade themselves to power armor and gatlin laser apparently.
Though they should have incorporated this into the game
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2451/?
>>
>>318161952
Apparently. Why don't you explain the Institute's goal since I'm such a fucking retard?
>>
>>318160921

Not sure if synth or just shitty character generator
>>
>>318161234

>There's a holotape in Father's office that explains that synth was not only defective... but not authorized to have been put on the surface in the first place.

Proofs? Where in his office is it?
>>
Blowout soon fellow Wasterlander
>>
>>318161479
Isn't it beautiful? The ability to lie through camera work and trailers? I bet Todd had a personal hand in it.
>>
>>318161479
Some shots of it were from Goodneighbor.
>>
>>318161479
You're thinking of Goodneighbour.
>>
One thing that is bugging the hell out of me are the supposedly foreign characters.
Cait, Arturo and the Bobrov brothers
It makes no sense that these people are in the Commonwealth.
Maybe Arturo but Cait and the Bobrov brothers are from Europe, it's impossible that they managed to make it all the way to Boston in these conditions.
>>
>>318163032
Commie bastard, you destroyed my country. Die!
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-27 17-33-27-30.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-27 17-33-27-30.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>318163684
NOW
>>
>>318157551
At first they just built a small area, then they started building synths which they used as slave labor to expand the institute and scavenge for supplies that would be used to make more synths and rooms. The whole GEN 3 synths was just to test how far they could actually take the synth project and turn them into actual humans.

Synths were going to eventually replace all humans in the common wealth. That was the Institute's plan all along. They believed the wastelanders were everything wrong with it, and that synths were the next step in evolution. The synths would rebuild and replace everything.
>>
>>318163647
If you go near the shore, there's a landed battleship that looks like it was recently in working condition. It's also inhabited by raiders who speak a foreign language (sounds a bit german)
>>
File: 1428391051438.png (69 KB, 211x198) Image search: [Google]
1428391051438.png
69 KB, 211x198
Anyone else tried the aqua boy perk? Mine must be bugged, is still getting radiated when swimming in water.
>>
>>318154561
It's fun
>>
>>318161479
>noirish

So Cait can't enter Diamond City?
>>
>>318163818
if that's so, why do they treat synths like machines and panic when a synth demonstrates humanity of free will?

if they wanted synths to take over, they'd have sided with the railroad, or simply refuse to chase rogue synths
>>
>>318163808
Not now
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/829/?
>>
>>318164213
because the synth start acting like the wastelanders.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-24 22-09-47-28.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-24 22-09-47-28.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
Why is the glowing sea so fun?
>tfw you can't form a small squad of BoS knights to clean it up
>>
>>318158673
I dunno anon. Their solution to save the synths was basically to erase their memory and upload fake ones. At that point, I don't really see it as saving because you are erasing their identity.

The only thing you save is their body, which is ironically what makes them least human.

Also, they seemed a bit like PETA. SYNTHS BEFORE EVVERYTHING, even at the cost of human lives...
>>
>>318164420
enjoyable change of setting and pace

but after visiting the handful of locations dotted around there quickly get's boring
>>
>>318158906
What disease did Shaun die of? How could a place with the smartest scientists and doctors on the planet with every technological advancement needed to cure pretty much every disease out there not be able to cure mystery cancer? Why not just augment him like Kellogg? Wtf is this story?
>>
>>318164797
I just wanted to scope out the crater
Sucks you can't do anything with it
The Govt. bunker was by far the most interesting thing there
>>
>>318163647
Tenpenny was from Britain too.
>>318163906
Norwegian
Reference to an actual ship. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Nordstjernen
>>
>>318165095
gov bunker was bretty gud

some of the caves were alright because of the raider power armor you could find, but everything else was pretty bland

>>318165139
fallout London when?
>>
>>318164420
Best area of the game, even more fun when you don't use power armour, and play on survival with a hazmat suit. The limited visibility is the biggest killer, if a legendary deathclaw sees you before you see it then you're basically fucked.
I hope they expand it or include more areas like it in the inevitable dlcs.
>>
>>318154561

"Science!"

That's it, that's all. The entire series is a parody of 1950s sci-fi tropes.
Thought you knew.
>>
>>318155295

Maybe they do it to find out what makes them so resistant to radiation and then... I don't know. Rad-Away is a thing that exists so who fucking knows.
>>
>Get back to Sanctuary after a long time
>Suddenly radroach out of a house by the end
>Start punching it
>The bug takes 6 hits of a power fist
This fucker.
>>
>tfw 1st DLC will be establishing contact with the Brotherhood in Chicago no matter what option you picked
>tfw 2nd DLC will be travelling across the lakes to Ronto
>tfw 3rd DLC will be return to the Pitt
>tfw 4th DLC will be Ancient Arabian Aliens
>>
>>318160265
Game not developed by Nippon.
>>
>>318158809
Here are two ways Bethesda could've pulled that off without it being stupid as fuck:

>Kellogg becomes a ghoul by the time you meet him, therefore making it impossible to guess how old he actually is
>The Kellogg who kidnapped Shaun is dead and has been replaced with a human-like synth

Both of those would be using tech/"radiation" in a way that's already established within Fallout 4 itself to extend a character's lifespan. Instead, they went with "he's a cyborg, I guess?" and left it at that.
>>
>>318163647
>>318159491
Yep, Kellog, Cait, the Borbovs and probably a bunch of other characters I can't remember right now are all millions of times more interesting than the PC.
The Borbovs would have had to cross Europe then ride on a boat that was probably barely functional across the Atlantic which is almost definitely full of all sorts of crazy sea monsters.
Kellog's trip across America would have been similarly amazing and would have made a much better game than Help the Homeless Simulator: Boston Edition
>>
>>318154561
Do you ever get to bring up the FEV lab with Shaun or anyone in the Institute? Cuz I sided with the Brotherhood the first time so I didn't experience the Institute ending
>>
>>318164148
cheeki lad
>>
>>318156621
It is simple. Their logic is a more extreme version of the BOS's.

Most of humanity is fucking stupid. They can't give out the super tech because it would be wasted on the general population. Raiders could get it an make everything worse. Average people would take advantage of it.

The best option is to replace people with their not stupid robots.
>>
>>318154561
>Boomers
>small faction with a minor (1 mandatory quest with 1 impact) role in the primary quest and background role in the game.
>Full backstory, various named characters each with their own quests and story. unique area.

>Gunners
>Small faction involved in quite a few quests actually. Origin of hourguy butthurt and occupying several locations of importance. But not a major part of the story for some reason.
>Even less explanation of origins than Talon company, their copy-paste origins from fallout 3.
>About three named characters, none of whom have ANYthing to do with you except shoot you on site. No backstory to any of them. To anyone in the gunners.
>Essentially just raiders in uniforms
>Triggermen are just snappily dressed raiders
>Even the raiders have better backstories than the Gunners.

This is just an example of what's so frustrating about this game. There's so many hollow medals, empty rooms and beautiful stage scenery with absolutely fucking nothing behind it. I was in vault 75 and (in discovering that the story for this vault is utterly dull and was as obvious as it seemed) for a brief moment I thought "oh hey, so THIS is where the gunners came from" since the place was packed with them, and we were discovering a story of children eugenics in some kind of even less interesting retelling of lamplight, but no. Nothing. Gunners are just...there.

Fuck me its so annoying. This is like Spore all over again. Not quite as bad but certainly the same sensation of colossally missed opportunities squandered by simple incompetence and laziness.
>>
File: 1411075155399.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1411075155399.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1200
>>318157551

Consider that before the bombs fell people suspected that the end was coming so they prepared. CIT probably realized this and began building underground facilities and resources to sustain life after the apocalypse.
>>
Your son is the villain in fallout 4 you either have to kill him or nuke boston
>>
I'm a little disappointed that there's no option to force two or three factions to cooperate, like New Vegas (NCR+Brotherhood). For example if you became leader of the Institute, you could convince the Railroad to cooperate by promising them to release all the synths with emotions and just stick with Gen 1s. That will also help with the whole "synths replacing real people" issue.
>>
>>318154561

I dunno

Bethesda can't even rip off Blade Runner right
>>
>>318170696
>They didn't just shape CIT's underlevels like CERN/LHC/any ring particle accelerator
>They have the Institute start by taking refuge in it, then slowly building it into their new HQ
>You didn't have a thoroughly interesting design of a base built inside a colossal particle accelerator with trams built around the centre to get around like in Half Life
>Couldn't optionally fry the entire of the Institute by finding a way to fire up the particle accelerator.

Instead, a generic CLEAN BUILDING. Admittedly the gorillas are cool.
>>
>>318170876
>have to kill him or nuke boston

I wish people would stop making up this stupid lie, it's obviously bullshit.

You can nuke boston AND kill him.

not naming your PC uranus and becoming a cannibal
>>
The FEV expiriments are to find a cure. However the only man with knowledge of how to make the cure is being a fuckboy in the glowing sea. Although he left the cure in his lab, so I don't know anymore.
>>
>>318170941
The Railroad spending the entire game insisting that synths are people, then blowing up the only means of making more synths is criminally retarded.
>>
File: 1232480760719.jpg (144 KB, 302x476) Image search: [Google]
1232480760719.jpg
144 KB, 302x476
>>318170941
>Can't get the Minutemen to sign on with the BoS NCR/Desert Rangers style with their own cool handshaking statue.
>Can't get the Minutemen to also stand for Synths and work with the Railroad, becoming a Union to the BoS's Confederacy (OMG LOOK AT THE SYMBOLISM)
>Can't repair relations with the Institute and everyone by sorting all this shit out like some kind of quest/speech check god and get Boston to eventually discover the lost technology of BUILDING BASIC HOUSING INSTEAD OF LIVING IN CORRUGATED HELL.
>>
>>318155569
>Siding with the Institute
>Preston as a companion

no
>>
>>318156345
He let some of the mutants out of the tubes and infected himself so he could escape and hide in the glowing sea
>>
>>318154561
I guess because they wanted to see if people would notice, I.e. if the synths could actually blend in with people.
But then that raises the question of, why do they need to replace people? They could just start a settlement of synths and see if anyone notices that they're robots.
>>
>>318171416
Why not? That nigga aint givin a shit what I do.
>>
>>318171525
That's kinda retarded on it's own
>Better infect myself and go to the most radiated area on the planet so I can hide from Robots who are immune from radiation and Kellogg who is also mostly robot
>>
>>318159116

So in other words you're saying the Institute is creating Gen 3 synths because they plan on wiping out the entire Commonwealth, and then unleashing their Gen 3 to create a false population that's being heavily controlled.

I try to imagine what their society would look like if the Institute tried to rebuild from the ground up. I get the feeling it would end up becoming like a Brave New World society where everything is predetermined, everything is regulated and monitored... no sense of actual freedom. In that sort of society the "people" would want to escape and so it'll just be another Institute that's above ground.
>>
The Institute is what happens when you allow people to create their favorite waifus
>>
File: cmon_son.jpg (158 KB, 481x358) Image search: [Google]
cmon_son.jpg
158 KB, 481x358
>We're good guys, really. Everyone dead is just unfortunate accident daddy/mommy.

>Okay so why are there thousands and thousands of gen 1's that you've programmed to scavenge the wasteland like literally the worst example of a von neumann/grey goo mistake possible, to the point where a small child could have spotted the error?
>>
The gorrilas were replicants right?
>>
>>318154561

no hunger?
no pain?
no needing heat?
no need for sleep?

imagine the shit that would get done if everyone was a synth
>>
>>318171532
Humans aren't as suitable as surviving in the fallout universe, so why not replace them?
>>
File: ScreenShot181.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot181.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318171403
>Not purging the BOS for bullying farmers, then salvaging their vertibirds.
>Not killing off the Rail Road for wanting to turn your Common Wealth into a bastion for robots and generally being terrorists
>Not murderlizing the Institute because they are literally responsible for EVERYTHING going wrong in the wasteland and absolutely refuse to take accountability

It's like you aren't even the god damn General
>>
>>318171921
No they're just feral ghouls from detroit
>>
>>318160915
I don't remember too well, but the Brotherhood's generator's apparently keep the Institute from zapping in and out of their base for some reason.
>>
>>318158358
This. We had nearly daily threads about Fallout 4 both before and during the Mexican leaks. The majority of anons were saying "here are a list of reasons why it won't be very good so don't bother" and yet you still have loyal bethdrones and cross-site posters who lap it up in droves.

And the worst thing is, I bet there are some of those idiots who pre-ordered it are thinking "this isn't very good, why did I buy it?" We fucking told you why.

A friend of mine did this, and he isn't some game hopping normy either, this is someone who actually read up on the lore and has been a fan of the series since Fallout 2. He bought it, played it, hated it, then went back to playing New Vegas.
>>
>>318172007
Go away master nobody cares about your mutants
>>
> Set up 50.cal rifle
> Aim at Prydwen's ballast tanks
> Defeat brotherhood

Wow that was hard
>>
> be in brotherhood and be agent of railroad at same time
> can't convince brotherhood to team up with railroad to fight up institute despite both sides really think institute is the worst enemy

> be railroad agent while being leader of the institute
> be in that position that can change anything about the institute but no option to do so...
> can't convince institute to give synth human rights and make peace with railroad despite being the fucking leader of the place

> Minuteman useless as fuck in the grand scheme of the entire story

Fuck you todd. This is disappointing. I expected to be able to convince once side to side with another side, but nope... they all end up killing each other and only one side survives.
>>
>>318172019
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I'd love to see a Minutemen scenario where they just goddamn reform the Commonwealth of Mass a chew seats and draft the survivors of the BoS/Enslave the synth for the plantations under our first new president of the MCR: John Hancock
>>
File: 75475737.jpg (107 KB, 707x530) Image search: [Google]
75475737.jpg
107 KB, 707x530
>created super humans that have emotions and feeling just like a human made of flesh and blood, they even have a will to decide to be good or evil
>somehow this is bad and not a good idea
They may not be born as real humans but they indeed have a soul in that tin of theirs, can a living soul only live in a flesh and blood? do not all things on earth have some kind of spiritual energy even a rock? Ok I am thinking way to much on this stupid shit it's just a fucking game dammit.
>>
>>318154791
meh they probably are just the descendants of college kids from the MIT with delusions of grandeur because of MUH STEM and were told for 10 generations that they were the smartest because their parents went to the MIT

If they were so smart they would act so fucking retarded about their robots and would probably fixed the commonwealth 150 years ago
>>
>>318172474
They are just robots Anon
>>
>>318172474
Fuck outta here Toaster Hugger
>>
>>318172265
>Hello my fellow brothers, today I ask you to consider being friends with the synth in order to help us fight the instit
>BLAM

My fellow scientists, can't we all just...get along?
>BLAM

To be entirely honest anon, I'm not sure you quite grasp that being a leader does not mean you control the will of your followers. The BoS as it currently is WILL NOT suffer the heretic (maybe under Lyons though). The Institute itself demonstrates how little Father had the support of an already fractious group, if you turn around and tell them to pack it in and be best buddies you'll end up with a syrette up the ass.
>>
>>318154561
how about you try paying attention when you play the game? they abduct them for several reasons:

to spy on the large settlements: the mayor
to move forward their projects: the guy in warwick homestead has been replaced and is testing the new institute crops
to experiment on: quite a few people were abducted and then subjected to the FEV virus, you can read about it in one of the terminals
every time they want to embed an agent they replace a human, since they are paranoid, Special-K is the only human they ever hired and they even got rid of him on purpose

how are you shitters not getting something as simple as fo4 factions? is reading a few terminals or listening to a few lines that hard for you?
>>
Where did the Commonwealth Super Mutants even come from anyway?

Isn't Virgil just a victim of testing on the Super Mutants, I had the initial thought the Institute was fucking with the FEV virus and caused a state wide catastrophe.
>>
>>318159545
Preston.
>>
>>318171673
The problem was they couldn't find Virgil
>>
>>318154561

Their goal was "helping humanity" whatever that means. They're basically Vault-Tec in terms of idiocy however none of their members have weapons so they couldn't hurt themselves (at least not until Dr. Lawrence revolted).

>>318154791

The smartest people left in the world are also the dumbest. CIT was clueless how to operate on the surface hence why they used Kellogg and the PC. Without their army of synths they're nothing.
>>
>318172474

>do not all things on earth have some kind of spiritual energy even a rock?

No. Nothing have spiritual energy.

What actually matters is if they have a "human-like" consciousness, if they do they would deserve equal treatment otherwise they wouldn't.
>>
>>318172716
I took it to imply that Virgil thought he'd be tracked by the institute somehow unless he was literally living in einstein's asshole. You get a transmittery type thing that lets you beam in to the instute, maybe it's like that? I know Father says you're the only fucker who does but it doesn't mean that everyone else has some kind of implant to track them.

Then again you'd think this would just be applied to all synths to stop them running away. Then again again, maybe it's like the Matrix where trinity pulls a cog-cockroach out of your belly button.
>>
>>318172641
Who cares what the scientists thinks. The synths outnumber the scientists by thousands. Just announce their freedom or basic human rights and there's nothing those scientists can do.
>>
>>318172671
They were experimenting with the FEV and instead of killing all the subjects they didn't need they just released them on the surface.
>>
>>318155102
This is a better plot twist than anything in the game itself.
>>
>>318160578
how did you get the institute paint for your power armour?
>>
>>318158340
because the Brotherhood is just too Metal for shit
Maxson is a Death metal fan probably
Danse has finer tastes and listens to Symphonic Metal for inspiration in battle
>>
>>318172971
Maybe, I think you'd still just get murdered by the Synth secret service, who seem far too enthusiastic about their job to care about synthetic rights.
>>
>>318160361
>Kleo isn't a companion
>Curie gets put in a normal body
>Codsworth is a huge dork
Why couldn't we get fucking CAPTAIN IRONSIDES as a companion? He would be the fucking best.
>>
Why would the brotherhood destroy the best tech in America when they could have easily taken control of it with their numbers. It would have made a key headquarters for them
>>
>>318173130
>I think you'd still just get murdered by the Synth secret service

The Synth secret service is is basically your puppet. They bow to the leader... which is basically you after Father gives you leadership status over the entire place. They're more likely to kill off any scientist who disagrees with you than go after you.
>>
>>318173282
Never recruited Curie... last I saw her, she married off to some wastelander in diamond city and ran off.
>>
>>318173302
Because the Codex doesn't say to
>>
>>318172671
Same reason Super Mutants exist on the East Coast period.

Bethesda can't write.
>>
>>318173410
This brings us back to my personal concerns that you are not quite grasping the concept of the finer points of leadership.

A case in point: If the synths were puppets, there would not be runaway synths. There is clearly some capacity for not taking everything you say.

I'm not saying your suggestion is impossible, hell, why not? I more dismissive of your other suggestions which would require people very, very set in their ideologies to suddenly do a 180 just because you're their boss.
>>
Jesus the Think Tank had better goals then these guys
>>
>>318173493
thats another robot anon, curie is the one from the vault
>>
>>318173410
B-but the heretical synth technology! The working synthetic gorillas! The defunct FEV experiments! The teleportation matrix! The completely mundane and incredibly useful weapon, hydroponic, and power systems!
>>
>>318172967
They don't know he infected himself

Kellog probably knew where he was he just didn't know it was Virgil
>>
Another thing that bothers me
When you start looking for Kellogg the mayor says he's been gone for a few years, yet you have dog meat sniff a cigar from the house he supposedly left full of shit years ago then track him through the waste on a trail that looks like he was only 5 minutes ahead of you. If he left the house years ago why is there such a fresh trail with the defeated enemies, bloody rags and the trap leading all the way to his doorstep?
>>
File: 1447991242266.png (213 KB, 320x392) Image search: [Google]
1447991242266.png
213 KB, 320x392
I thought it was pretty obvious actually. They're a stand-in for a sort of new-age Illuminati.

>synths = google, cell phones, computers, bar codes etc; all slowly being "assimilated" into regular society and taking away their personal lives and privacy

>kidnapping people and turning them into mutants when most mutants are largely stupid as shit = creating a dumb slave race that does all of the labor

>slowly destroying the current society in an effort to recreate a new one where they're clearly the top dog no matter what

>same superiority mentality where they try to delude others that they're doing the right thing for humanity.

>their fucking logo
>>
File: 1448051153577.jpg (189 KB, 1061x1501) Image search: [Google]
1448051153577.jpg
189 KB, 1061x1501
>>318159442
>your son could be getting raped by synths 24/7

Living the dream.
>>
>>318172654
It doesn't ma ke sense thoug. Why go through lengths to replace them when you can also just add instead. Send some synth as a civilian applying for a political job. Send some synths to make a farm. It is less risky and would breed less ill sentiment
>>
>>318158283
Brotherhood is more

>Only we know how to use technology properly. So give us your laser rifle or we will anally annihilate you
>>
File: caltech_logo.jpg (45 KB, 393x383) Image search: [Google]
caltech_logo.jpg
45 KB, 393x383
>>318174117
>Caltech's original logo isn't anywhere, even on the top of CIT.

One job, bethesda.

that shit way to hold a torch though
>>
Synth Shaun was such a fucking shitty twist

> Hey I knew you were coming to the Institute so I put my fake ass child copy in the room to trick you. It totally wasn't malicious or inappropriate in any way despite I know you have been desperately searching me.
> Did I tell you I'm actually 80 and the smartest guy here?
>>
>>318174185
>Woah there, you could hurt someone with that! give it here.
>Thanks, now stand still so we can hurt you with this.
>What do you mean, "raider scum"? we're noble knights on a quest to save you from people who steal all your stuff and threaten humanity. Now stand still before I kill you really slowly!
>>
File: theylive.gif (841 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
theylive.gif
841 KB, 500x213
Okay, this is what I got out of the Institute.

Basically, the Institute believes humanity has fucked itself forever and there is no point in helping or redeeming them. The only option is to slowly wipe them out completely and replace them with sentient synths and make a "new" humanity. Only then can humanity have a chance to rebuild itself. They also plan on making the earth exactly how it was by making synthetic animals and plants. So remake civilization, instead everyone is robots. (Instead it only backfires on them. Making robots sentient with the understanding that they can be controlled at a moment's notice would want them to rebel and join the Railroad).

The Institute would be literally god of the old testament where they are nowhere and out of sight, but at the same time have the power to interact and have control of shit by controlling synths. Nobody would be the wiser or know that the Institute exist, they will be hidden underground and do miraculous shit if anything doesn't follow through with their intended design.

If you ask me, I can kinda sympathize with the Railroad. Even if it's all 1's and 0's and they are programmed that way, if it's believable and you can relate, interact with them just like any other human being and can live their life just as normal as anyone else (for example the synth farmer who cared for his family when they were being threatened by that dude who pointed a gun at them) what difference would it make? They can't procreate anyway.

Shouldn't that whole sequence with Z1 and his rebellion, Danse, and synth Shaun give you some sort of prove of that as well. If you listen to some of the Institute scientists working on him, they will say how technology can go so far that you can make a robot sentient and aware of themselves.
>>
>>318172007
>lets slaughter people because they were probably going to die anyway, when we could just use synths to help them build settlements
Are you a bethesda writer?
>>
>>318158097
>buy
>>
>>318174161
because it would take ages to get anywhere, think about it, some guy with no connections appears out of nowhere and wants to be a mayor? who in the right mind would elect such a guy? or do you want the science team to wait a decade or two while he makes a name for himself and becomes a successful politician?

and the reason they replaced the guy at warwick is because they say the soil there is very fertile, they wanted that place, not just a random farm anywhere
>>
I could believe in the institute if they had bothered to set up at least one fortress or stronghold on the surface, something to show for all those decades of weapons research and synth development.
>>
>>318154561
The Institute would make a hell of a lot more sense if they weren't played so frustratingly straight. If there was even a hint of levity or genuine insanity a la the Think Tank, their absurd actions and seemingly nonexistent goals would be much easier to swallow.

That, or you actually make Mankind: Redefined mean something. You get there and everyone's spewing that slogan, but Father completely shuns transhuman exploits like cybernetic augmentation. Most don't consider synths remotely human or even sentient, either, so where's the redefinition? If the whole thing was about creating perfect, immortal bodies and then uploading oneself into them, it'd make a lot more sense. Why bother with painful, extensive surgery when you can just takeover an already augmented shell?

Gen 1's and 2's were prototypes on the way, and were repurposed into labor and security when the Institute's numbers started dwindling. Gen 3's were given "sentience" to prove whether or not the models could actually support a human mind, and more intelligent agents are always a plus.
>>
File: ScreenShot64.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot64.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Get to Institute
>Father decides to show me an abomination created to look like my son, as a joke
>Proceeds to call the death of my wife 'collateral damage'
>Then informs me he only let me out of cryo sleep as a fucking experiment
>Never answers synths killing people and replacing them
>Never answers killing everyone at the government meeting
>Never answers Synths murdering entire villages.

Bethesda had one chance to make me like the Institute and they did everything in their power to make me hate them. Literally all I got out of Father was

>We don't think Synths are or should be treated like humans

Which anyone with a working brain already knew
>>
I think Shaun's super vague explanation makes sense if he's not willing to tell YOU about their true intentions. I think they're creating a robot army to quite literally wipe out the Commonwealth and start over with absolute control.
>>
>>318175327
Shaun doesn't want you to find out that he is killing innocents and replacing them. He intentionally keeps you on the dark and hopes that he can blindly have you follow him. He knew he was going to die all along, but since he saw your resourcefulness, you are better kept on their side. He doesn't really care about you, but knows that by using the "father and son" monotone in his conversation with he, he can lure you in. He has never seen you up close and personal until that moment, why would he give a fuck about you? He grew up in the Institute.

You have to figure this out on your own as you explore the institute and realize they are making synthetic gorillas to come to the conclusion that they intend on recreating society and wiping out everything to just replace it back into their own preppy image.
>>
File: 292893478.png (70 KB, 308x377) Image search: [Google]
292893478.png
70 KB, 308x377
>get fallout 4
>haha, time to build a village
>build a few things
>suddenly can't build more
>need more materials, goy
Guess it's back to generic fps for me, not going to run around picking junk up.
>>
>>318176037

Shaun is trying to play God.

We all know where that leads to.
>>
>>318176126
~
tgm
>>
>>318157151
what if fallout is actually taking place in the mass effect 3 green ending?
>>
>TFW you realized the synth kid is actually your son and Father was playing you for a fool the whole time
>TFW you left him to die in the final quest
>>
>>318154791
>I don't wanna kill the smartest people left in the world

but the people in Big MT are the smartest people in the world if you still consider them people.
>>
>>318154561
To be the bad guys of a Bethesda-written videogame.

That's the only reason.
>>
So is there any explanation whatsoever as to why there's so much Quantum in Fallout 4, or any at all for that matter?
>>
>>318176819
Same reason why there's so much power armor, death claws, and fat mans everywhere. Bethesda can't design an interesting world for shit, so they just fill it with iconic imagery in hopes of distracting the player.
>>
is there ever any proof that father is your son?
>>
>>318176921
>Visit three different locations randomly
>Find three fatmans individually each time

this is getting really annoying.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.