[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this every getting a sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
Is this every getting a sequel?
>>
File: Call of Cthulhu fate.png (2 MB, 2852x2720) Image search: [Google]
Call of Cthulhu fate.png
2 MB, 2852x2720
>>318153232

>Literally just woke up
>Got on /v/ while breakfast is warming up
>This is first post I see
>Forced to remember and post pic related
>tfw I thought today might be a good day

No it's not getting a sequel ever.
>>
>>318153232
No, but Frogwares (shelock holmes games devs) announced that they work on a CoC game.
That was more than a year ago and still no news, could be canned.
>>
>>318153789
I always thought that first CoC sequel looked like boring action game bullshit, but that's actually pretty interesting.
>>
>>318153232
Is this game any good?
>>
>>318154793
it dips in quality during the second-half, but it's the best thing you're going to get if you want a Lovecraft-inspired game.
>>
>>318154793

Yes, but only if you stop playing after you leave Innsmouth.
>>
>>318155015

Don't listen to this gun hating faggot

>>318154991

There is only a small temporary dip but it picks back up
>>
File: Bleak House 2.jpg (299 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bleak House 2.jpg
299 KB, 1280x720
>>318154793
>>318153232
No.

First 5 minutes
>Go to a haunted house
>Meet Yithians (big no-no for CoC)

Next 90 minutes
>Go to Innsmouth (which is stupid because if you're playing CoC you already know its "secert"
>Wander around
>Break and enter
>Talk to a guy
>Talk to a girl
>Talk to a guy
>Walk slowly through innsmouth
>Meet a Deep One (which you've already seen 3 times by this point)
>Break and Enter again

Next 40 minutes
>Go to a Hotel
>See Hotel owner talking about killing you in front of his friend
>PC "Huh. What was he talking about?"
>Get a psychic vision that the Hotel owner will kill you
>PC "I... don't... get it."
>Get a psychic vision of the Hotel owner killing people before you
>PC "What could it mean?"
>Sneak into Hotel Owner's office
>Human body Parts and blood everywhere. A head sticking out of the filing cabinet
>PC "Hmmm... this is strange"
>Buy a room and stay at the hotel
>Get a psychic vision of Hotel Owner coming to kill you
>Overly long roof top chase scene
>Sneak through 2 warehouses
>>
>>318155645
>>See Hotel owner talking about killing you in front of his friend
>>PC "Huh. What was he talking about?"
>>Get a psychic vision that the Hotel owner will kill you
>>PC "I... don't... get it."
>>Get a psychic vision of the Hotel owner killing people before you
>>PC "What could it mean?"
>>Sneak into Hotel Owner's office
>>Human body Parts and blood everywhere. A head sticking out of the filing cabinet
>>PC "Hmmm... this is strange"

Wait. No fucking way does this really happen
>>
>>318155645
>Overly long roof top chase scene

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME
>>
>>318155645

Walking around Innsmouth is easily the best part of the game.
>>
good atmosphere but the game was pretty shitty. it's completely broken on pc and the problem is hardcoded so it can't be fixed. it's sad...I forget when you're on the boat. there is a save that lets you skip that part online.

but no I don't want a sequel.
>>
>>318155015
>>318154991
So it's just like VtMB, but the game didn't get fanbase big enough to warrant any other dev picking up the franchise?
>>
>>318153789
>>318154039
Bethesda are scummy bastards. Frogwares are releasing another Sherlock Holmes game, but I doubt we'll ever see CoC ever again. It's a massive shame what happened to these guys.
>>
>>318155645
Moving 200 bookshelves.
>>
>>318155801
>Wait. No fucking way does this really happen
It's all a lot more vague than he says it is. The player might figure it out due to typical horror tropes, but the context of the game-character knowing is unlikely.
>>
>>318155991

It's like VtMB, except that it never got a fanpatch so it didn't get an audience beyond people who can handle broken games.
>>
>>318155645
>>318155858
>Bitching about the rooftop chase
That shit gave me PTSD. It was great.
>>
>>318155968
>broken on pc

It's related to specific hardware.
If you played it in 2006-2007 (like I did) with hardware from around that time you were supposed to have no game-breaking issues with the game.
The only problem I can actually complain about is the game having the fps relate to gamespeed, which is sadly a part of many console ports. If didn't have high enough FPS some time-related sequences were impossible to complete. For example, running through the rooms in the hotel and pushing shelves behind you to block doors.
>>
>>318156112
>It's all a lot more vague than he says it is.
I think the conversation between the Hotel Owner and his friend is like
>"We got a stranger in town"
>"I know"
>"I'm not driving tonight, so he needs a place to stay"
>"I know"
>"You gonna "take care of him?"
>"Yes. Like all the others"

But come the fuck on, when you go into the managers office and a filing cabinet full of body parts, including a head, under what context (in the year 1920) could you say: "Hmmm... this is odd"

Even if we throw the psychic visions aside, the conversation and the obvious serial murder scene should have told him SOMETHING, especially since the PC is a detective.
>>
>>Sneak into Hotel Owner's office
>>Human body Parts and blood everywhere. A head sticking out of the filing cabinet

What? I played the game like 3 times and don't remember that. Did I really miss that?
>>
>>318156236
Also know as the Bethesda lock game attributes to fps shuffle.Moving the fucking bookshelves at a too high or low fps.The fucking cellar stairs.
>>
>>318155645
Correction

>first five minutes
>game crashes because it's an unplayable mess
>>
File: Charles_Gillman.jpg (11 KB, 410x310) Image search: [Google]
Charles_Gillman.jpg
11 KB, 410x310
>>318156452
He leaves with Bus Driver to go check on the bus... for some reason and he will stay gone for as long as it takes you to look in his office.

This is immediately after you see this Psychic vision
>>
>Tfw played it on original xbox as a kid
>That hotel chase scene

Fuck i had to start over like 10 times because id misclick a door lock and they'd get in and beat me to death because at that point you couldn't move the bookshelf without dying.
>>
>>318156860
>>That hotel chase scene
Here's something that doesn't make sense though.
You have 3 guys: Charlie Gilman and the 2 fishermen, one with a shotgun and one with an axe.

In the last room (with the window) you have the guy with the shotgun in the adjoining room and the guy with the axe in the hallway.
You need to move the bookcase on the adjoining room, but only throw the bolt (the adjoining room also has a bolt) for the guy with the axe.
If you don't move the bookcase in the last room, they'll kill you before you can open the window.

That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>318156452
What I don't understand is why jack thinks it's a perfectly fine place to sleep.
>>
>>318157154
It's Cthulhu being disappointed at you for not taking the opportunity to showcase the bookshelf physics.
>>
File: CoC Hotel.webm (3 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
CoC Hotel.webm
3 MB, 400x300
>>318156860
>>
>>318155801
I haven't played the game but if you go to Innsmouth, stay at a very suspicious hotel even though you were warned, and you know they will try to kill you, and after that you have to escape through the rooftop... well that is exactly what happens in the book, so even if the game doesn't make it obvious, it's expected.
>>
File: 1426620789797.jpg (3 KB, 114x124) Image search: [Google]
1426620789797.jpg
3 KB, 114x124
>Gets attacked by a fucking shoggoth
>nearly escapes alive
>Hoover: You have to go back
>Jack: No
>Hoover: But you must
>Ok, but give me a gun, because this will help me against a freakin Shoggoth
I love that game, but fuck this guy Jack Walsh. He is so god damn stupid.
>>
File: 1446941819792.jpg (40 KB, 570x574) Image search: [Google]
1446941819792.jpg
40 KB, 570x574
>mfw bloodborne literally has innsmouth now
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.