[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Mother series the only series that has found the perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 0be63fa96c358b41b7f2dfad08378a4d.jpg (732 KB, 1920x1363) Image search: [Google]
0be63fa96c358b41b7f2dfad08378a4d.jpg
732 KB, 1920x1363
Is the Mother series the only series that has found the perfect balance between story telling and gameplay without having a cliche story or lackluster gameplay?
>>
File: mother.jpg (681 KB, 638x824) Image search: [Google]
mother.jpg
681 KB, 638x824
>>318143994
i love the mother serie but this has to be bait
>>
>Story

Not to complain but neither Earthbound nor the original Mother really had "good" stories )Well the first game sort of did but it's too archaic to slog through the game to enjoy).

Mother 3 is great though, but the chapter format makes replaying impossible due to being linear as fuck in the first 3 chapters.
>>
Mother 1 and 2 are trash with terrible pacing, mediocre writing, boring and tedious gameplay, and no value whatsoever.

Mother 3, however, is GOAT.
>>
Am I the only one who felt Undertale was the true successor to the Mother series?

Not trying to troll or bait, I genuinely felt that way when playing through.
>>
>>318144442
Mother 3 is absolutely generic with nothing special to it. You should just play generic jrpgs and not bother yourself with masterpieces.
>>
>>318144603
Earthbound was a generic jrpg too, you know. It suffered from the exact same problems as all other JRPG's at the time of release.
>>
nope, considering Mother series gameplay is super generic
>>
>>318143994
Persona's pacing and balance between the two is as close to perfect as I've seen. You never want to stop because the next little bit of either always feels like it won't take long. Is def cliche but is the best example of it I can think of.
>>
>>318144785
I' m talking about setting and story, idiot.
>>
Mother's story is shit once you realize that the vagueness is laziness and not depth.
>>
>>318144718

its setting and writing are anything but generic
>>
>>318144963
the setting and story is generic too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.