[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are games that can help me further understand or cope with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1444437987296.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1444437987296.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
What are games that can help me further understand or cope with my severe anxiety (read: not depression)?
>>
>>318140827

Pikmin 1
>>
>>318140827

Meme
>>
What kind of anxiety?
Social anxiety? Academic anxiety?
In either case, there are activities that are orders of magnitude more productive than video games if you want to treat it.
The short of it is, see a shrink.
>>
>>318140952

For me, getting a job cured my anxiety. Routines helped a lot, and a feeling of not wasting my time.
>>
>>318140827
Depression: Bravely Default.
The story part that everyone hate in this game can make you understand something about your life/about why you're anxious and/or depressed.
>>
>>318140948
depression is a meme
anxiety is the unsung hero of the human condition

fear is a far greater circumstance than indifference will ever be
>>
The Urbz
>>
>>318140827
Emily is Away
>>
>>318140827
>Anxiety
>Not depression
Explain futher
>>
absolutely none. anxiety is the inability to cope with unexpected and unfamiliar situations, while vidyagames, being simplified simulations of any activity, but with a set limited amount of states and events that could happen, will only reinforce your desire for familiarity.
>>
File: 1399223859544.jpg (56 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1399223859544.jpg
56 KB, 600x800
>>318141559
>what people think depression is
>loneliness, sadness, pessimism, hopelessness
>what depression really is
>absolute disinterest with one's existence

>what people think anxiety is
>i have no girlfriend, my girlfriend doesn't like me, my schoolwork/job is too hard, my schoolwork/job sucks, i don't make enough/any money, i am ashamed of myself or people i care about are ashamed of me, i will not be successful, etc
>what anxiety is
>constant state of uncomfortable arousal, random and lasting panic attacks elicited by no present stimuli, intrusive thoughts, ubiquitously heightened states of internalization, life of fear

>people with depression
>i feel so cold
>people with anxiety
>i wish i could remember the last time i didn't have to swallow and breath manually
>>
autism simulators
play dorf for
>>
>>318142059
Unless you have have !OCD, in which case, good luck trying to get your fort to be the same exact shade and type of mineral in every room and floor.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.