[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have to play both characters' stories trough for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Atelier_Escha__Logy[1].jpg (57 KB, 450x260) Image search: [Google]
Atelier_Escha__Logy[1].jpg
57 KB, 450x260
Do I have to play both characters' stories trough for some sort of True ending, like in Mana Khemia 2?

Also, Atelier thread.
>>
File: A13_Astrid.png (240 KB, 444x664) Image search: [Google]
A13_Astrid.png
240 KB, 444x664
I believe you do, yes.

Haven't done it yet however. I took a break after finishing with Logy.

Also, since it's a general, really looking forward both to Sophie, and to how much shit they'll salvage from Shallie in Shallie plus. Having confirmed an Ayesha in her thirties is already a pretty good way to go.
>>
>>318140392

Is one story at least a bit shorter this time? While I loved Mana Khemia, 150 hours for simple true end was a bit too much.

I'm looking forward for playing Sophie in 2017 at my current rate.
>>
File: atelier guide.jpg (1 MB, 1355x3444) Image search: [Google]
atelier guide.jpg
1 MB, 1355x3444
I'd like to hop into Atelier, but I don't have Vita.

According to this guide, is going Rorona Plus > Totori > Meruru > Rorona New Game+ fine?
>>
THICK
>>
>>318140710

It's fine.

Also, if you want a soft landing to the alchemy side, you could start with Mana Khemia. It's more akin to traditional RPGs with an OK alchemy system on the side. I think Mana Khemia 1 is the best game in the series.
>>
>You need to bring 5 Bombs or 3 Dire or 10 explosives bombs
>Understand it in the way that I need 5 bombs
>The person does not accept any of my bombs

I'm still not sure what to do. Do I need a bomb with 5 uses or what? Since the guy is accepting other explosives regardless of how many uses they have.

>>318140710
The stories aren't that phenomenal. You should play in an order where the gameplay doesn't feel like it's going backwards. (Leaving Totori / Meruru as the last, more or less)
>>
PC WHEN
>>
>>318141018

What stories?

Atelier is all about the characters and not knowing some of them the game expects you to know makes a big difference.
>>
File: atelier-ayesha-test-jeuxcapt.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
atelier-ayesha-test-jeuxcapt.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>>318140691
Nope, the two stories are pretty similar. The main changes are a few different alchemy items and events, whose character you get speech bubbles from, and the atelier/battle musics.
But at least, you can play the second story as a new game plus, which then goes very fast. And I believe -though don't quote me on that- there's an option to skip text boxes you have already seen.

>>318140710
The order's pretty fine. Totori is probably a bit of a low point between these two, but it's certainly miles better than the original Rorona. Also, the "new game +" technically isn't a new game plus. It's a fourth year of events after the original three years, so don't continue on thinking you'll need to restart things from the get go to get to the good part. Just put the game aside as you end it, and resume it after you got acquinted with the other games.

Also, the order's especially good now that the Dusk trilogy might not be as over as we thought it was. Arland, meanwhile, is definitely done, so it's a safe bet.
>>
>>318141207
>Totori is probably a bit of a low point between these two, but it's certainly miles better than the original Rorona

I liked original Rorona more. It was more charming.
>>
>>318141387
I actually prefered it too, but even I've gotta admit that the weird pacing and small zones in Totori aren't as bad as OG Rorona's artstyle and battle system.
>>
>>318140143
I just imported atelier sophie a few days ago for jap practice, have played for like 5 hours now, it's my first atelier game

Is there any way for the time to pass slower in these games? I noticed that whenever I go out to some dungeon area the day is over after a few battles already.
Or should I just not care about sleeping and spend several days in dungeons?
>>
>>318142061

No idea how the system works in Sophie, but you usually have 3 years to hit the main goal, which is plenty, at least for normal ending playing blind.

Learning to be efficient is the key. Spend each day fully, gather extra at every place so you don't travel wastefully, don't fight more than you need to, etc.
>>
>>318142061
Sophie's different from the other games actually in that respect in particular. There's no day/night cycle elsewhere, merely actions, or travels (depending on the specific episode) that take parts of a days. In which case it's pretty common to spend many days on site.

But again, Sophie's different, so no idea how it should be going on your side.

All I can say is, as a general rule of thumb, focus on optimizing your alchemized items. It's way more efficient and interesting than grinding. Like seriously, went to a friend that had trouble with one boss in Escha & Logy, generally about halving its HP before exhausting supplies and dying. After a bit of tinkering, made an item that made enough damage to eliminate half that boss' health in one shot.
>>
File: my mouth is an xbox controller.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
my mouth is an xbox controller.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
WHY IS THIS NOT ON PC?

IT'S NOT FAIR!
>>
>>318143231
I have LP and the more the go down the weaker I become in battle, but no idea if that goes for items as well

I made some bombs but never tried them because there weren't really any strong enemies yet
>>
Is it really worth it to get all the endings in Atelier games? I've only ever played Totori. Shouldn't I have to play it like 20 times over to get all the endings? Seems like bullshit fampi.
>>
>>318144697
>Shouldn't I have to play it like 20 times over to get all the endings?
nah
you just build save trees
>>
>>318143320
>1080p Totori
>inevitable obliteration of dick

I don't know what to feel
>>
File: 1436243578562.png (195 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1436243578562.png
195 KB, 510x346
>>318145563
>wants to see all those low poly assets and low quality textures in more detail
>>
>>318143320
There wouldnt be a reason to buy consoles without ateliers.
>>
>>318144697
Play first time on your own, second time with guide.
>>
>>318147668
Fair point.
>>
Do they fuck?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.