[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, lets hear your favourite weapons from the expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: whirlgig_saw.jpg (13 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
whirlgig_saw.jpg
13 KB, 250x251
Alright, lets hear your favourite weapons from the expansion and whatever cool bullshit you've found out from using it. Turns out the whirligig saw's weird multi-hit properties means that you can fill in your beast gauge insanely quick and just liquidate bosses.

Secondly, I love the Boom Hammer's concept but haven't found a way to make it work for me
>>
>>318130642

>Saif

Quick and brutal. Its charging tricked R2 is a spin with a massive arc that can hit any fuck trying to dodge, while its tricking attacks allow rapid engagement and disengagement.

>Beast Cutter

Its tricked mode is fucking brutal. The amount of stagger it has allows you to pretty much make a 'do not enter' area with it, while its back step+ r2 allows for poking retreats.

Whirligig does look fun though.
>>
> Fighting Laurence with Based Buckethead Bro
> He is facing away from me
> Bucket Bro triggers the state where he trips over for ages
> Apply Bolt Paper and Beast Pellet and Hold L2
> over 25% of his health gone.

Pizzacutter is now my favourite weapon in the game.
>
>>
>>318131230
One of the coolest things about the saif is how so many of its attacks work as gap-closers. Shame that the pvp is dead cause It'd be fun as hell with all the new stuff
>>
>>318131364
Grinding down enemies with L2 is more t gsatisfying than it has any right to be
>>
I'm going to get a PS4 and bloodblorne w/ dlc when I get my new job and have some actual disposable income, but tell me how the DLC works.

If I buy it all at and install it all at once, is the DLC present throughout the game? In Fallout 3 and new vegas if you had certain dlcs you would get new content throughout the game as well as when you went to the new areas.

If I buy it all am I going to have to beat the game or come close to it before I get the DLC or will I be able to use some of the weapons/transformations fairly close to the start?
>>
>>318131535

I'm still getting decent pvp on my saif user, and yes its very fun. Some beast form fucker thought he was all that earlier but he couldnt keep up.
>>
Boondock Hammer
&
Monolith Sword.

Those are designated.
>>
>>318131634
The DLC gets unlocked when you beat number 2/3 boss. That's the only requirement.
>>
>>318131776
like number 2/3 out of 20 bosses or 5 bosses?
>>
>>318131634
I would say you need to complete 10~15% of the game before you can access the DLC and I would recommend going till near end game to access it because it is quite hard. In that time you should also be creating a build. I think its okay now to focus on a build that adheres to at least 2 weapons you would want to use.

For me I'm doing
>>318131691
Because they both scale with stretch and arcane.
>>
>>318131634
The dlc is a separate area that you can access after you kill a certain boss so it meshes into the base game pretty well, you'll know which boss it is cause you'll be given the item to access the dlc in the hunter's dream. Its pretty early on in the game but I'd recommend getting some levels and maybe a +5 or above weapon, but you can find 3 or 4 of the new weapons before the first boss which is the first major wall people face.
>>
I got back into the game after hearing about the DLC. Killed amelia, blood starved beast, dark beast paarl and witch of Hemwick since then. They were all really easy... I'm level 52. Would it be worth getting the dlc now or should I go further first?
>>
>>318131948

second boss if you avoid the optional boss, otherwise its the third
>>
>>318132008
Strength*

>>318131948
Yep, it could be your third or second boss depending on how you play the game.
>>
>>318131535
What level are you running? Pvp at 80 is crazy everywhere I invade every 5 minutes in hamlet, if you pushed 120 or even 110 prepare to have a dead game
>>
>>318131948
2nd mandatory boss, so very early on if you don't worry about the 2 optional bosses on the way to it.
>>
Based on appearance alone, I want Rakuyo because I'm a filthy weeb.
I wanna do a run with Stake Driver first.
>>
>>318132154
>>318132064
>>318132197
>>318131776
thanks, looking forward to the PS4 and all its game.

really though, I am
>>
getting Bloodborne soon
STR or SKL?
>>
>>318130642
Simon's Bowblade

>increases your lock on range
>has the highest and furthest ranged damage in the game at 50 BLT with its lost variant
>can actually parry
>can backstab from miles away
>its L1 combos are really cool

best co-op weapon in the game when you shoot enemies in the back at a distance and your partner gets the visceral
>>
>>318132370
STR for an easy time.

You could level up both without too severe of consequences unless you really wanna min max.
>>
>>318132208
I used the stake driver for my first run, stack +phys damage bloodgems and the thing's a riot to use. Only issue I had with it was that I could not for the life of me land a single hit on Paarl with it
>>
>>318132370
both

first softcap for damage stats is at 25, second is at 50

both 25/50 str/skl and 50/25 str/skl are very good in different ways
>>
>>318132390
>lost Simons bowblade
Glyph? I prefer running lost variants of weapons unless it's the chikage
>>
>>318132390
Man Simon's really makes me wanna start a bloodtinge character, what's the best way to get through the early game without relying on QS bullets all the time?
>>
File: stakedriver.webm (817 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stakedriver.webm
817 KB, 1280x720
>>318132208
stakedriver is kind of a shitty low tier meme weapon

I love it
>>
>>318132291
man, I hope you enjoy it family, bloodborne + expansion is absolutely insane. Play it soon!
>>
>>318132710
simon's is a pretty specialized weapon, you're going to want to go both skl and blt so just rely on threaded cane or saw spear until you can get chikage

simon's is almost impossible to get good potential out of and stop at BL98, so I went to BL116 with it with 44/50 skl/blt
>>
>>318132370
I would say STR + Arcane now because it scales with 3 weapons which are strong as fuck and fun to use. Skill is useful for the skill weps though, you really need to look at your selection and make a choice.
>>
>>318132862
but the wheel is shit and DLC is late game, leaving him with just tonitrus
>>
>>318130642
Wanted to love the Beast Cutter since I mained the Whipcane in vanilla, but I couldn't get used to how sluggish it felt
I ended up getting a Boom Hammer to +6 and added more fire attack to it for a beast purging super sledge
Hitting anything with a fully charged and cocked R2 feels fucking great and sends enemies backwards 90% of the time
I picked up the Rakuyo too and have been having some fun with it but I still can't get anything to do more damage than Ludwig's Holy Blade, considering trying the Moonlight next
>>
>>318130642
>Demon's Souls
Moonlight greatsword or the Meat Cleaver tied. I have both on my faith character.
>Dark Souls
True Artorias Greatsword. This started my love for greatswords.
>Dark Souls 2
Moonlight Greatsword.
>Bloodborne
Moonlight Greatsword.
>>
>>318132989
>wheel is shit
Someone didn't farm arcane gems fucking thing does 720 damage in trick form to any player and more to enemies outside of that. Strongest thing in the game with the exception of the tonitrus
>>
>>318132989
welp thats 5 including those i forgot.

ludwig
ludwig glow blade
fire hammer
wheel
tonitrus

ludwig is unlocked early I think though.
>>
Guys I'm pretty sure I just reached ophan wizard child kos lair in fishing hamlet but haven't entered it yet.

How long until the DLC is finished? Are there any more areas after this because I've spent many many hours in this.
>>
>>318132591
yeah I was planning on doing that so I can use that big sword but I'm not sure which one I'll take to 50
I go for STR in DaS but the skill weapons in this look really unique
>>
>>318130642
Rocking the bloodletter. It's transformation does 20% of your health in dmg (to yourself), and it's L2 does an AoE guaranteed Frenzy to both yourself, (unless you have high Frenzy resist), and enemy hunters. Good ranged, scales A in Str and Bloodtinge, and D in Arcane, and overall good moveset even when not transformed. Just stuck on the Orphan though, lvl 185 on NG++++. Help.
>>
Went in expecting to love the Beastcutter and Amy Arm, came out loving the Bowblade and Church Pick. Bowblade is just a fun and unique weapon, it shines so well in co-op. The Church Pick is a fast as fuck Burial Blade with awesome combos, was my unexpected weaponfu from the expansion.
>>
>>318133103
I have used flat gems. It's the worst pve weapon in the game. pvp is a different story but it still isn't that great.

>>318133109
ludwig's isn't an arcane weapon
moonlight isn't even an arcane weapon
boom hammer is horribly underwhelming and bad

amy's arm is good though
>>
>>318133290
I thought they all scale the best with SRT + Arcane?
>>
>>318133290
Flat 75 arcane? Only way it's viable
>>
>>318133203
skl gets you more visceral attack damage but it really depends on what weapons you want to use

most weapons in the game are "unbalanced" quality, as in either C/D or D/C
>>
>>318133348
Just because something says it has a letter for arcane doesn't mean it does arcane damage. If it does pure physical damage, you need to use gems to make it elemental, but then it doesn't scale from its original stats at all and only arcane.

>>318133351
9% phys + flat arc is what I used

while the multihits were nice, it didn't make up for how slow the weapon was

it might be good against certain bosses, but that's about it for pve
>>
>>318133354
I don't know what a visceral attack is
>>
>>318133217
Oh shit I completely forgot about the bloodletter cause I don't have the bloodtinge to use it, the fight to get it made it look nuts
>>
>>318133538
a backstab or riposte
>>
>>318131948
There's 15 bosses if I'm remembering them all.

Quite a few are optional, you can acsess the DLC after 3 bosses (or 4 if you do all optional stuff as soon as possible). But the DLC is balanced towards being played near the end of the game, especially so if you arnt familiar with the game. But you could grab a few of the weapons in the starting area and use it in the main game.
>>
>>318133516
Well I'll be dammed.

I'm at:
56 str
56 skill
36 arcane

so I should just stop leveling it? and move back to pumping str?
>>
So I just tried the new DLC last night.

>Teleported to hunter's nightmare
>Confused as fuck as the place is totally similar to cathedral ward
>Walk out and the layout is basically the same with few changes in here and there
>Similar enemies with addition blood drunk hunters which are predictable and boring
>Scared man beast is everywhere
>Re-skinned dog
>Blood lickers
>Retarded bloodstarved beast
>Got to the first shortcut and met this ninja guy
>Turned off the game and continue shitpost on /v/
I thought you guys said this DLC is the shit.
Re-skinned map, enemies, God this is just so boring. Is it really ok when A-team does it?
Or could it be it actually B-team in disguise who did the DLC? Because I remember Artorias of the Abyss and Ivory king were excellent. I got hooked with their atmosphere alone.
>>
>>318133809
it doesn't even matter because you're overleveled to hell and back and well beyond the softcap

use moonlight
>>
>>318133915
Ah alright, I thought I needed my arcane to be up at around 50 for physical damage but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, thakns anon, will blood rock moonlight asap.
>>
>>318133578
I'm overleveled, but the weapon is pretty cool. Definitely one of those "ride-or-die" weapons for PVP, like the Chikage. I personally only do co-op, so I like using it based on how ridiculous it is.
>>
>>318133851
Half of Artorias of the Abyss was reskinned Darkroot Garden
>>
>>318130642
fuck whoever okay'd the Boomhauer and Tonitrus, there's no reason they couldn't have had a second form

I love the Beast Cutter though
>>
>>318133851
You do realize this follows the exact same formula as AotA, right? Reused area for the initial area and everything.

>>318134002
softcaps end at 50
moonlight is spilt damage and scales off of arcane for mostly just the projectile attacks, but is almost purely a physical weapon as far as scaling is concerned

since you don't care about stopping leveling, you might as well take arcane to 99 since its the only stat that will actually benefit from going past 50 because hunter tools continue to scale
>>
>>318132642
Any Dungeon with a Messenger Shop will sell every Lost and Uncanny variety of any DLC weapon you have.

I got Bow Blade with circle slot in the final story chalice, in the pre-main room on Yharnam's floor.
>>
>>318134161
alright will do, thanks for telling me about that stuff
>>
So what's a good arcane weapon now?
I only have 1 blood rock so I want so save it for the best.
>>
>>318134172
would have been great if chalices were reworked and DLC added hintertomb depth 4 and 5
>>
File: kos.webm (3 MB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
kos.webm
3 MB, 950x534
>>318134423
kos parasite
>>
>>318133851
the earth has split open and rock cancer's taken over as is par for the course with nightmares, the landscape is skewed and blocked off or bolstered in numerous places
I'd say that makes the area fairly different

It's a small touch, but I also appreciated how it's broad daylight, which is jarringly at odds with the rest of the game
>>
>>318133851
Go shitpost on another board, faggot
None of your criticism are actually legit.
The basic lay out might be similar but you never got specific enough to make a real argument about anything.
>>
File: bowblade.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
bowblade.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>
File: bowblade2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bowblade2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>318135241
>>318135324
How much of a bloodtinge investment does the bowblade require to do worthwhile damage?
>>
any chance of this coming to pc?
>>
>>318135731

No.
>>
>>318135718
I would expect 30-40 BLT to reliably hurt anything. 50 if you want to rape
>>
>>318130642
Rakuyo (+Maria Set) <3
That attack speed, that stun, than moveset, that everything - awesome!
>>
File: Rakuyo.jpg (29 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
Rakuyo.jpg
29 KB, 402x402
>>318136219
>>
>>318135718
50 to wreck fucking every and hit like a train

I've heard people get like 650+ with just ~38 and decent gems
>>
Where'd you farm gem? Chalice?
>>
>>318137141
Yes, Chalice Dungeons are where you get OP blood gems.
>>
They're all really cool. Started a new character with LHB and I'll likely switch over to the Pick once I get the key.

Also might use the Moonlight Blade, too.
>>
Didn't know you can get hit by lightning twice
>>
>>318130642
No joke. I beat kos in one go because one guy had the whirling weapon. Dat dps
>>
Thanks
Holyshit he dropped 5 insight
>>
>>318133248
I'm gonna pick up the DLC next pay day, but have been scoping out the weapons and I was suspecting the church pick would fly under the radar a bit but be awesome. Is it basically fine on a skill build? That's what I'll probably run through with first.
>>
>>318138425
25/50 str/blt would be best for it
>>
>>318138496
meant str/skl, sorry
>>
>>318138425
isn't it a skill weapon, anyway?
>>
File: The Doll.png (2 MB, 1340x2278) Image search: [Google]
The Doll.png
2 MB, 1340x2278
>>318138547
Legit. I made two characters in prep, one kinda quality leaning towards skill more and one pure arcane, so this dlc is looking A+. I'll take it through with higher level characters too, but it's always more fun going through without being too leveled up.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.