[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the consensus on this game? Just picked it up for 20 bucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What was the consensus on this game?
Just picked it up for 20 bucks
>>
it's alright. a bit depressing desu senpai
>>
This shoulda been the full console project while XIII woulda been the silly handheld spinoff/extra
>>
Fun game.

Pros:
+Soundtrack is fantastic
+Setting is great
+There's actually a world map you can walk around on
+Tons of playable characters, most are really cool
+Story is political and interesting
+God tier cutscenes
+Great voice acting, dual audio

Cons:
-Combat is repetitive, gets old fast
-Almost every fight feels the same
-Very grindy
-Shit ton of missable content that you literally can't complete all of in one playthrough
-Story focuses on the only 2 characters that were shit
-Also pretty predictable
-AI partners are retarded
-Almost every boss fight feels like playing a ranged character is required
>>
>>318128176
it's pretty good, a bit clunky though.
>Also, Sice is best girl.
>>
>>318128745
>Very grindy

this is only because inactive party members do not get EXP

which is a dumb decision when you have 13 (or was it 15) playable characters but only 3 active people at a time.
>>
>>318128750
Nah, Queen a best
>>
>>318128176
Did it come with a XV demo?
>>
>>318128920
No those are first run only
>>
>>318128848
Coupled with a lot of enemies and bosses abilities to one-shot your party members, it's not really recommended to focus on a single party. Also takes a while to level up per character, I think.
>>
File: Manual Dodging.webm (3 MB, 750x420) Image search: [Google]
Manual Dodging.webm
3 MB, 750x420
>>318128176
I liked the demo.
>>
>>318129054
I played the PSP translated ISO.

Even cheating in the EXP boost item it took some time to level
>>
Unplayable by yourself, this game is hard as balls.
But other than that, is fun and cool.
>>
The selection of characters is good, and the combat was pretty fun. but the motion blur really killed it for me when I first played it, and after a while I stopped. Pretty sure they patched that though.
I want to play as Deuce because QTP2T, but she fights with a flute. What the fuck.
>>
King is a fucking god once you learn the killsight patterns. Literally the only reason you can't solo the entire game using just him is when you are forced to use others.
>>
I want Sice to sit on my face
>>
>>318130687
this
>>
File: 1430107223556.png (292 KB, 900x955) Image search: [Google]
1430107223556.png
292 KB, 900x955
Posting best team

Eight
Deuce
Cinque
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.