[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to play kotor for the first time what should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-22-47-25.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-22-47-25.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
I'm about to play kotor for the first time what should I keep in mind while playing and what are some tips?
>>
bump

just bought it, would like to know the same
>>
Put points in flury.
>>
Why does it matter?, you wont play the game for more than 2 hours.
>>
>>318117667

Put all your points into guns, you get some really awesome one later in the game.
>>
>>318118957
This.
It's like swimming in Deus Ex, you're practically fucked if you don't increase it.
>>
Not really any tips, just play as you like. Although as a rule, stick to good or bad once you have decided which you like most. Neutral/Gray route is challenging and leaves you with the strengths of neither side.

Lightsabers are of course OP, but don't scoff at the value of a grenade when shit get hot.
Bastila is a bitch.
There's a sexy cat girl.
>>
The most important thing to remember is you are revan.
>>
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-picked-up-kotor-1-2-recommendations.104967/

relevant
>>
>>318117667
dude hope you have fun. I love star wars and I love this game. Get a lightsaber and rape. thats all
>>
hk-47 is your new favorite bro-bot, get ready to accept it.

carth doesn't want to talk right now

if you don't kill juhani she joins your party and makes you wish you did
>>
>>318117667
Skip it and play 2 instead.
>>
File: 1436495083512.jpg (22 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1436495083512.jpg
22 KB, 340x340
>>318119069
>>
>>318117667
If playing on pc they just added controller support, use it.
>>
>>318119043
>It's like swimming in Deus Ex, you're practically fucked if you don't increase it.
>Swimming being usefull
>>
>>318117667
The more levels you invest in starting cclasses, the less levels you can get as jedi since total cap is 20
>>
>>318117667

Bank as many level ups for your main character as you can until after you leave Telos. You'll dual-spec into one of three jedi classes on the next planet.
>>
>>318117667
The rules are based on D20 D&D. So if you've played NWN or similar games you'll find your marks quickly.

Play it on the hardest difficulty because it's extremely easy. (even on hard)

Don't be a suck up, playing the good guy isn't that fun. Don't try to min/max, there's no need for it. Don't try to please everyone, you can influence your companions by being loved or by being hated by them.

Playing an evil bastard is really fun, in both kotors.
>>
Try to level up as much as possible while you're on Taris. It makes the game easier later on.
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>318119425
>>
>>318118957
>>318119043
Don't listen to those fuckers. It's a jedi game.
>>
>>318119573
>after you leave Telos
Taris, Telos is in 2
>>
>>318119767

That's the one. Playing through 2 currently, got the names switched.
>>
Eventually you're going to fight a huge rancor in a sewer place

It seems like you're supposed to sneakily use something in the environment to kill it

This is wrong just keep trying to bash it to death with your quarterstaff
>>
The game is actually well designed enough that any kind of build you want is viable.

Only real objective advice I can give is if you're melee don't bother with more than one melee feat, i.e. if you have improved or master flurry don't bother using feats to get improved or master crit strike

I guess I could also add crit strike is the highest melee damage output if you build for threat range

other than that though, it's an early bioware rpg so it's actually really well done in all aspects, the only thing I would say don't do is full light side force user, you'll be bored to tears and will end up using other characters more because you won't have any damage output
>>
Enjoy one of the last good Bioware games.
>>
Name him Dinduna Finn.
>>
File: 1424424077968.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1424424077968.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
>>318119163
>>
The first planet is pretty terrible, but the game picks up once you get the Ebon Hawk.
>>
>>318119069

The most underrated post in this thread.
>>
>>318120393
Taris is way better than peragus though
>>
Play 2 and say no to Lightsabers. Dual pistol Consular/Marauder Hybrid > *
>>
Remember, the guy controlling Revan is a massive faggot.

Also, you should just play the game and not fucking talk about it before hand. Seriously, the fuck? You need people to give you the okay or something?
>>
anyone play the android version? how gimped is it?
>>
What skills do I pick if I want to play a jedi?
>>
Use nothing but a vibrosword on Taris, put all your points into single sword skills. Then once you get a lightsabre just spam flurry to win the game
>>
>>318124113
What if I want to use GUNS
>>
File: 1448320129034.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1448320129034.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>318119069
>"Oh great another amnesia plot line, I wonder who the MC really is"
>Browse threads like an idiot while playing the game
>Literally zero reason to continue playing because

Can't say I didn't expect anything else though.
>>
Remember to always keep Carth with you at all times. No other companion is worth using.
>>
>>318125027
>Using Kaidan 2.0
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.