[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best of the original 16-bit Sonic games? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 21
What was the best of the original 16-bit Sonic games?

There's always something I liked about 2. 3 felt a little short and the levels were sometimes "gimmicky", almost like the modern Sonic games, but I still liked it a lot. I don't remember much about Sonic and Knuckles.

I guess you can include Sonic CD in the competition too, although I didn't like that one very much.
>>
>>318108595
>you can include Sonic CD in the competition too, although I didn't like that one very much

Underage b&, pls go.
>>
File: tumblr_novyszDper1rvikglo1_540.png (64 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_novyszDper1rvikglo1_540.png
64 KB, 540x398
I like Sonic 3 alone the best
>Best level tropes; tropical forest, underwater city, valley ruins, wacky carnival, frozen icebergs, and construction yards
>Better title, 1-up and invincibility music

I feel like Sonic 2 has a bit too much "filler" levels that aren't as interesting as the more memorable levels, and that S&K is basically most of those filler levels S2 had, but for S3.
>>
File: gen1.jpg (345 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
gen1.jpg
345 KB, 893x1200
someone needs to make one of these for sonic 2 because of the amount of things objectively wrong with it
>>
>>318108754
It's not a matter of age, it's a matter of liking the level-design. For me, CD is one of the best games I've ever played, but then you have people like FTCR who just hate how the levels are structured.
>>
>>318108754

>underage for not playing sonic cd

literally no one had a sega cd as a kid
>>
S3&K master race reporting in

>>318108754
>Liking CD
Kill yourself
>>
They're all kinda bad.
>>
>>318108595
3 & Knuckles you damn scrub
You don't play Sonic 3 and Knuckles separately
>>
>>318110368

what platformers in the same era would you say were better?

inb4 mario
>>
>>318109060
>Not playing Sonic 3 Complete
>Calling S&K "filler levels"
>Having a pic of Tikal from fucking Tumblr

pls die
>>
I recently played Sonic 1 and 2 a few months ago for the first time. And I have to say 1 is far better than 2, sorry OP.

In 2, if I remember correctly, each zone is only two acts long? It felt way too little and made each zone very unmemorable. It also seemed to have more of that "here is an enemy that pops out of the wall you couldn't have seen coming!" bullshit.

And it was a lot easier, too. Until like the last two zones which is where the game had a major difficulty spike. And the only reason the Egg Carrier was hard was because of the boss and his platforms with spikes on the bottom that have unpredictable patterns, not to mention the battle took place in a very small area.

The final two bosses were hard- until I realized there was just a pattern I had to memorize. I literally busted out a notepad for Metal Sonic and recorded what he did and what order he did it in, and it was the easiest shit in the word. Same with the big Eggman robot.

Sorry OP...
>>
>>318110141
First of all, he said OP is underage for not LIKING Sonic CD, not "not playing it". Second, it doesn't matter if no one had a SCD as a kid, because the game was re-released on XBLA/PSN/Steam back in 2011, which created a massive surge in its popularity. You missed the point entirely. Also, you type like an underage shitter yourself, using no capitalization or punctuation and using "literally" as a hyperbole like a fourteen-year-old from Twitter who found out about 4chan from someone saying it was a "great place to find all the hottest new memes".
>>
well
sonic 1's pacing is a little skewed due to the longer stages, of which there are only 6. i would argue that labyrinth zone is really weak but the rest are good

sonic 2 had 9-11 depending on how you count them, and honestly none ofr them were bad other than metropolis. pretty good ratio. it also had 2 player splitscreen

sonic cd is a fucking mess

i'll count sonic 3 and knuckles as one for convenience. i think sonic 3 has a lot of weak stages. hydrocity is pretty dull, marble garden is immensely dull, carnival night is just frustrating and ice cap is only really saved by the music, the rest of the stage is pretty poor

the end of sandopolis notwithstanding, sonic and knuckles has a great set of stages

overall i'd say it's a toss-up between 2 and s3&k. sonic 3 and cd are trash. 1 is pretty good
>>
>>318110693
In defense of the Tumblr image, he probably just copied the image URL from Google Images.

>>318110368
Then learn to play them.
>>
>>318110181
>Not liking CD
Double Kill Yourself Nigger

I mean yeah 3&K is definitely the best(especially in it's romhack form as Sonic 3 Complete)

But Sonic CD is a good game
You can't really play it the same way as 1/2/3K due to the way it's layed out...it's the most platform-y game out of the classics
It's pretty different but when you find out how to get all the good futures it's very satisfying(even though I would have liked it to be structured like 1/2/3K it's still good)

Also
God-tier Japanese Soundtrack(Decent US Soundtrack too)
Great Art Style
Awesome animated sequences
etc.
>>
>>318110693
>Not playing Sonic 3 Complete
I don't think it's really fair to count fan works
>>
>>318110881

why would you imply underage if someone didn't like a game? the only logical reason would be assuming they didn't play it as a child. and the fact that you're mentioning it was re-released in 2011 isn't helping you either
>>
>>318111048
Just the fact that he posted a pic of that worthless garbage character means his opinion goes down the trash...period
>>
>>318111185
>getting -this- upset by an image
you know what's exactly what tumblrinas do?
>>
>>318111132
It's constructed based on the planned "Sonic 3:Limited Edition" that Sega planned to release originally(but decided against it) so it sorta counts

Sonic 3&K deserves a remastered treatment
One with
>A medley at the end which has Sonic 3's Ending Credits and then has a medley of all the 14 zones
>Has the mini-boss theme from Sonic 3 for the Sonic 3 zones and the S&K Mini-Boss theme for the S&K Zones
>Has the Knuckles theme from 3 for all of the game(except for when he gets introduced in Mushroom Hill Zone where the S&K music plays instead)
>Has S3 Invincibility play in the S3 Zones while the S&K one plays on the S&K zones
>Has the Main Title Jingle from 3 play in the Title Screen while the S&K one plays after you finish Launch Base as the Death Egg is crashing into the ground

Fuck...it's harder than it seems to include all the damn tracks in the game when you think about it

But this will never happen and we will never get a Taxman Remaster of it because of gay music rights
>>
>>318108595
I love Sonic 3 but it's almost too good that repeat playthroughs are sort of impossible.

2 you can just boot up whenever. Shame there's only one of it.
>>
>>318111527
>literally "u mad" meme shit
go back to 9gag
>>
>>318111185
Don't use ellipses. It makes you look like an asshat, and I can tell you're new here.

>>318111178
I'm not implying anyone is underage for not liking Sonic CD. I was just saying that that's what >>318108754 was implying, not me. I also mentioned the 2011 re-release because it made the game miles more accessible, so there isn't a reason to not have played it by now, with the "OP hasn't played it" idea coming from YOU, and my mentioning of the re-release in my post being there to defeat your "he hasn't played Sonic CD" theory.

Holy shit, this is getting confusing.
>>
>>318112224
Fuck off fag
>>
>>318112363
No.
>>
File: s3z21.png (660 KB, 7168x1532) Image search: [Google]
s3z21.png
660 KB, 7168x1532
>Sonic games
>ever having good level design
Look at this shit. It looks like an autistic designed it and his OCD kept him from finishing a single idea.
Mario classic stages have a clearly defined path and the platforming is tight as a result.
>>
>>318112224

i was using "you" has a generalization, not directing what i said first at you specifically and just because he played the 2011 version doesn't make him not possibly underage
>>
>>318112531
That's good level design you goddamn moron

Mario Level Design is simplistic garbage
>>
>>318112547

as*
>>
>>318112531
Jesus Christ, it's not that hard to wrap your head around the idea of non-linear level-design, which is something that made Sonic stick out from Mario, and something you would appreciate if you had actually learned to play the games.
>>
>>318112531
You're acting like you are going to be traveling down all the pats just pick one and go forward, its like your trying to talk a positive of alternate paths and twist it into a negative
>>
>>318109871
Lets start today then.
>Super Sonic can soft lock the game easily
>>
I dont remember there being an upper path at the very beginning..
>>
>>318112963
There is
You can access it with Tails/possibly Knuckles too(or Super/Hyper Sonic or as Sonic with Tails carrying you)
>>
>>318113150
I'm assuming you two are talking about Hydrocity act 1 posted here >>318112531 because that anon didn't link a post.

Anyway you can reach it solo with Sonic just by holding right before the stage starts.
>>
>>318112951
I've never liked Super Sonic, and I think getting all the Time Stones in Sonic CD creating automatic good futures for every level instead of giving you Super Sonic was a much better idea. When I play a video game, I want to PLAY a video game.
>>
File: 1439693425362.jpg (166 KB, 1080x574) Image search: [Google]
1439693425362.jpg
166 KB, 1080x574
>>318112531
>Picking one of the funnest Sonic levels, that has the most clearly defined paths, includes simple gimmicks that make it easier to progress in the levels, and trying to say it has bad level design
I'm sorry.. what? did I just get baited?
>>
>>318113314
>Anyway you can reach it solo with Sonic just by holding right before the stage starts.
Really?
I'm pretty sure I tried that before and it didn't work
>>
>>318113419
It was my preferred route because I hated water segments.
>>
>>318113317
Most likely not. He's just a fourteen-year-old who's never played a Sonic game spewing shit. But don't worry, if the next Sonic game is good, everyone will be praising the Classics again.
>>
>>318113316
>not liking fun
what is wrong with you?
>>
>>318112963
It's for Chuckles I assume.
>>
>>318108595
sonic 3 and knuckles is my fav game of all time
So yeah,that one.
>>
did anyone notice that open area of a wall to the right while floating up on the fans in one of the hydrocity acts? i could never get there
>>
>>318113512
I like to challenge myself, and I think the games are a lot more fun to play without breaking them.
>>
>>318113317
And that music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5sGV7Jw2s8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR3Eh_516JQ

All of the main Mega Drive Sonic games bar the first had the best soundtracks and lacked that Genesis twang.
>>
>>318113645
Same here. I hate the fact that you actually need super sonic to get the good ending.
>>
>>318108595
>playing 16 bit
>not glorious 32 bit
fucking casual.
>>
>>318111782

What's stopping Sega from just making new music for S3&K to avoid the Micheal Jackson legal bullshit?
>>
>>318113763
The other 30 composers.
>>
>>318113512
To be fair Super Sonic could literally break the game because the double jump transformation wasn't a thing yet.
I think there was an exploit/glitch or something that let you retain your Emeralds after resetting though.
>>
>>318113480
>I hated water segments.
Oh come on!
Why do people hate water levels in sonic games so goddamn much?

I mean at least sonic water levels have platforming in them and play like the regular levels...unlike in other games(coughMariocough)

You also have the spindash and Hydrocity is a pretty speedy level overall despite being a water level
>>
>>318113763
They did redo some music once and it was shit.
>>
>>318113756
Knuckles Chaotix? Sonic Jam's 3D world? All those spin-offs on the Saturn? The Advance games? Battle? What are you on about?
>>
>>318113756

what sonic games were 32 bit? the gba games?
>>
>>318113763
They did.

It was shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLuQZ4Gnjkc
>>
>>318113881
I hated water levels in general, nothing against Sonic.
For what it's worth Hydrocity had some of the best music in the game next to Ice Cap and the Big Arm theme.
>>
>>318114079
Tidal Tempest is a really good level.
>>
>>318114057
Oh man, that's pretty terrible.
The first truly captured that feeling of exploring a dank ice cave.

This, this is just a cheap christmas theme park.
>>
>>318113645
The games aren't hard anon...don't kid yourself
Super Sonic is a cool reward...time stones and gay flowers(from CD and 1 respectively) are not

The only issue with Super Sonic is that it's hard to not activate him(impossible in Sonic 2)

Also if you really want "challenge" than fucking complete Wing Fortress Zone with Super Sonic...now that's a fucking challenge

>>318113747
No...you need the chaos emeralds for the good ending in 2 which is different...and the bad ending is better anyways

In 3&K you need Super(or Hyper) to beat the game because of Doomsday Zone
>>
>>318114341
>Also if you really want "challenge" than fucking complete Wing Fortress Zone with Super Sonic...now that's a fucking challenge
>climb up high
>fling yourself over most of the level
>make sure you don't run out of rings on the boss as usual
Wow, so difficult.
>>
>>318113881
Hydrocity is the only water level in the entire series which has a good flow to it. Compare it to something like the first Sonic where you're walking around at 2 MPH and dealing with the shit underwater physics.
>>
>>318114496
>Compare it to something like the first Sonic where you're walking around at 2 MPH and dealing with the shit underwater physics.
The anon that dislikes water levels here.
My god was that a pain in the ass especially since they decided to ramp up the platforming in those levels and had you climbing up the level a lot with the spike balls right on the edge of a necessary jump.

>>318114178
You just reminded me that this was a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WAn8qEkOU
>>
Sonic 3 > Sonic 2 = Sonic K > Sonic 1 >>> Sonic CD
>>
>>318114713
>Sonic K
>>
>>318114713
S3&K >= SCD > S1 >>> S2
>>
>>318114341
>Time Stones from Sonic CD
Getting all the Time Stones rewards you with Time Stones? What? It rewards you with automatic good futures. Have you even played the game?
>...
>...
>...
>...
Go back to DeviantArt. That's annoying as fuck and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>318114832
Hold on, there's FIVE sets of those fuckers.
>>
>>318114492

not that guy but i never knew there was a shorcut in wing fortress, it's such a clusterfuck, it isn't even hard the normal way either
>>
>>318108595
>3 felt a little short
That's because they broke the game up into 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. They where always meant to be played together.

>>318113723
>And that music.

My nigger! Hydrocity zone is my favorite Sonic music of all time!
>>
>>318115046
>five sets
What.
>>
File: 1447719129149.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1447719129149.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>318114832
Is this your first day on the internet? Literally who gives a fuck
>>
File: SonicGamesHowILikeEach.png (2 MB, 1914x1382) Image search: [Google]
SonicGamesHowILikeEach.png
2 MB, 1914x1382
3&K all the way
>>
>>318115289
>sonic advanced 2
Just bought it two months ago.
Holy fuck is getting the Emeralds a slog.

I mean, SA3 had a similar system but the chao stayed forever.
>>
>>318113763
What's next? Nintendo replacing the Overworld Theme from Mario 1?
Nobody would fucking buy it if it had new music
Besides they did that once with the PC Port in the 90s and the replaced music was bullshit and didn't fit

Also it's more than just MJ...it's a lot more complicated than that
>>318113876
The Activation methods were horrid I'll agree with that
>>318114079
>Next to Ice Cap/Big Arm
Nah Hydrocity Zone Act 2 is definitely the best music in the game

I still don't get all the hate for water levels but whatever

>>318114492
You're literally retarded
At the beginning of Wing Fortress Zone you can easily get 50 rings and if you are Super Sonic right there the platforming with the bottomless pits is a pain in the ass

>>318114496
Water Levels were meant to be different for fuck sake
They were supposed to be Sonic's weakness
That's why Labyrinth Zone is my fave water level
I don't give a shit what anyone says...that level is good

>>318114832
That's what I meant
It's literally crap
I don't give a shit about that reward cuz getting the good futures by yourself is more rewarding anyways
>>
>>318113723
>bar the first
Why? Just why do you people insist on dissing one of the classics in any shape,way or form?

Come on nigga,Sonic 1 had a great soundtrack
>>
>>318115050

oh WITH super sonic, i need drugs to be alert
>>
>>318115289
>hating on one of the best sonic games
just kill yourself my man
>>
>>318115879
Not him but it's really hard to pinpoint which one you're talking about.
The only ones I think fall under hate are Advance 2, Blast and Labyrinth, 06 and Boom.
Sonic Advance 2 is bad but not on that level I guess.
The rest certainly deserve it.
>>
>>318115879
Yeah the Sonic CD hate is literally a meme

Like if you don't have Sonic CD in your top 4...I don't even want to talk to you nigga
>>
>>318116160

i never played it but have been thinking about it
>>
File: 1445209128430.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
1445209128430.png
956 KB, 841x849
>>318115879
If you're talking about Advance 2, it's mostly all mindless running forward, pressing buttons here and there. Not to mention the level design is infuriating and filled with bottomless pits. Like who thought having bottomless pits in your fucking speedy platformer was a good idea? The shitty GBA res doesn't help either.
>>
>>318116268
Play the recent remaster on Steam/PSN/XBLA
It's the best version

It has the Japanese and the US Soundtrack(Jap one is much better imo)

But it unfortunately doesn't have the vocal songs(intro and ending theme) for the Japanese Soundtrack because Sega couldn't get the rights for the lyrics(the guy who made the lyrics died in 2009 and due to some bullshit japanese laws they couldn't get them so they're replaced with instrumental versions)

so I suggest you check those out on youtube("You can do Anything(Toot Toot Sonic Warrior) and "Cosmic Eternity-Believe in Yourself"(Ending theme))

Also don't play Sonic CD like Sonic 1/2/3
It's a different game
You're supposed to
>go to the past
>destroy robot generator to make good future
>then if you want you can travel twice in the future to see the good future of said act

If you travel to the future without doing anything you're greeted to a bad future version of that level(which is how most people's first playthrough goes)

Getting the good ending requires you to either
>get all the good futures
>get the time stones

It takes a while to really get into Sonic CD and understand it but it's worth it
Youtube Playthroughs might help too

Also in the remaster you can unlock Tails
And also you can opt to use Sonic 2 Spindash instead of the Original Sonic CD Spindash(which is garbage)
>>
>>318116741
Yeah I actually can't remember any bottomless pits in Sonic 3 outside the fucking obvious ones you'd have to be stupid to accidentally run into (The Ice Cavern in Ice Cap Act 2 and Flying Battery)

Dimps just abuse the fuck out of them.
>>
>>318115289
Which rating template is that? I've seen it before
>>
File: 1437584111547.jpg (58 KB, 628x350) Image search: [Google]
1437584111547.jpg
58 KB, 628x350
>>318116741
>level design
>special ring hunt
>special rings don't carry over into new runs
>auto run bosses
>unlock tiny chao garden
>>
>>318117018
There's also one in Death Egg Zone Act 2

But the thing is...in the classics you only got bottomless pits in place where it made sense
>>
>>318115131
Five sets of ellipses.

>>318115151
>Literally who gives a fuck
That's the most Tumblr thing I've ever heard.

>>318115481
At least you still have to actually play the levels and not just rape your way through them.
>>
>>318116741

>Advance 2
>World 2, Level 1
>You can beat the level by holding right and pressing A twice

what fantastic, involving, and thought provoking level design
>>
>>318117628
>At least you still have to actually play the levels and not just rape your way through them.

It's optional(well sorta optional...they really fucked up with the activation methods)
I love playing the game in a legit way just as much as anyone else but there's also times when I wanna turn off my brain and just blow up everything in my way and make the levels/bosses a joke(although you have to be careful to collect enough rings anyways since you can easily run out of them and turn back into normal)
>>
>>318110368
Hello Reddit
>>
File: Sonic_Labyrinth_Coverart.png (205 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Labyrinth_Coverart.png
205 KB, 250x349
>>318108595

You know what?

For as much shit as people give Sonic for his games nowadays, his absolute WORST games came before the 3D jump.

>Sonic Blast
Looked like shit, your character took up about 1/4th of the god damn screen, and levels SUCKED.

>Sonic 3D Blast
Looked nice, controls sucked, levels were boring, fetch quests came back from the deadzone, way too easy.

>Sonic Pinball
Boring. A pinball game with Sonic seems like a no-brainer, yet this one is the most boring shit on the game gear. There is nothing of note or interest in this game, and controls sucked too. (Genesis version is ok)

>Sonic Drift
Imagine Sonic riders, with worse music, level design, and character balance.

And now, for the absolute WORST SONIC GAME OF ALL TIME.

MORE BROKEN THAN SONIC 06.
LESS FUN THAN SONIC BOOM.
FROM THE FORGOTTEN LANDS, BEYOND EVEN THE NO-MANS LAND WHERE SONIC CHRONICLES RETIRED

IT'S...SONIC LABYRINTH!!!

Honestly, this is the worst Sonic Game.

>No Running
>No Jumping
>Strict Time Limit
>Cluster fuck of a spindash
>Rings are useless
>Fetch quests for keys
>Levels blend into one another they're so samey
>Controls are disgusting
>Piss easy bosses
>Falling through floor glitches originated here

They released this a year after Sonic & Knuckles. I personally feel the series has declined since Sonic CD, but S&K was a solid game. Sonic did nothing to deserve this horrid abomination.
>>
Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Easy.
>>
>>318119434
>MORE BROKEN THAN SONIC 06.
Hey now anon, aside from the floor glitch everything you said is an intended feature.

Which makes things even worse.
>>
File: 1446428263029.png (208 KB, 386x328) Image search: [Google]
1446428263029.png
208 KB, 386x328
>original 3 Sonic games and CD
>in any way bad
Is anyone else just tired at this point?
>>
File: Sonic-shuffle.378497.jpg[1].png (232 KB, 406x400) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-shuffle.378497.jpg[1].png
232 KB, 406x400
>>318119434
m8, 3/4 of those games you mentioned there as being shit aren't even your typical Sonic games.

If we're talking super shit Sonic spin offs then look no further than this Mario Party rip off. It was just boring. Then again I never had anyone to play it with me but I remember Mario Party atleast being somewhat fun to play alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGqZgU2BmM
>>
File: 1427831435995.jpg (26 KB, 449x349) Image search: [Google]
1427831435995.jpg
26 KB, 449x349
>>318119434
>implying anyone denies this
As someone who's probably older than most people here Sonic was starting to go to shit right after CD.
Those Adventure games might not be as bad as Labyrinth but for me it was just the end. Now I feel even older
>>
>>318119434
i like sonic labyrinth, worst sonic game is sonic blast for sure
>>
>>318120643

I actually had that one in the list. It had the second biggest write up (fuck Sonic Labyrinth).

Then I remembered that it came AFTER the 3D jump, so while it's shit, it's not as shit as Free Riders, Black Knight, or Jump.
>>
>>318119434
Remove the flicky hunting and 3D Blast would have been fine.

Why did they add such a retarded gimmick?
>>
>>318120718
Nigga, Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the peak of Sonic.
>>
>>318120718

I agree, Sonic died long before Adventure.

Chaotix, Blast, Labyrinth, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic R (Soundtrack amazing, everything else sucks), Fighters, Laybrinth.

7 games between S3&K (which wasn't the pinnacle, but was good) and Adventure. 7 fantastically SHIT games.

The poor hedgehog never had a chance.
>>
WHERE THAT KNUCKLES CHAOTIX LOVE AT BRUV
>>
File: 1429756596993.jpg (11 KB, 346x247) Image search: [Google]
1429756596993.jpg
11 KB, 346x247
>>318119434
>series peaked with S3 and Knuckles
>CD was good but basically ruined by the fact you had to buy a whole new attachment for the Genesis to play it
>everything after is garbage
Its clear after CD they were out with ideas. I've never seen a series so quickly blow its load before.
>>
File: 1430095852375.png (187 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1430095852375.png
187 KB, 500x411
>loved Sonic as a kid
>grandma got all the games for me and taped the show
>she liked Sonic as much as I did
>she died 3 weeks ago
>my mom has done nothing but knit for the past 3 weeks
>nowhere to go for Thanksgiving
>its my birthday tomorrow and I don't even care
>thread reminding me how fast the series went to shit
>>
>>318122437
>not marathoning the original trilogy in her memory
>>
>>318122839
Been sad as fuck anon
>>
>>318122965
Still, I'd try and remember the good times first and foremost.
>>
>>318108595

In order of best to worst

Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic & Knuckles+ Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic Rush 2
Sonic's Pocket Adventure
All the master system/game gear Games

After that would be most of the GBA & DS games, though I haven't played most of those.
>>
>>318110835
>having to use a notepad to overcome the strategy of a fucking SONIC THE HEDGEHOG BOSS

How does it feel to be the absolute most stupid person on /v/?
>>
File: 1415744767366.png (86 KB, 283x262) Image search: [Google]
1415744767366.png
86 KB, 283x262
>people count S3, S&K, and S3+K as separate games
>>
>>318121824

Just so you know, Sonic CD came out before Sonic 3.

It was actually in production before Sonic 2. That's why there wasn't a Spin Dash in Sonic CD.

Actually, that also means that Amy and Metal Sonic predate Tails and Knuckles.

So obviously it doesn't feel as polished as S3&K, since it was developed as the second game in the series.
>>
>>318123531
>That's why there wasn't a Spin Dash in Sonic CD.
Well not a good one at least.
>>
>>318110960
>hydrocity
>dull

Not, HydroCity was the only Sonic water level done right. It was fast and frenetic, and for the most part you could avoid having to go underwater by just getting good and going so fast that you RUN OVER THE TOP OF THE WATER INSTEAD like some sort of hedgehog Jesus. Compared to every other underwater Sonic level which basically just feels like trying to run through wet cement.

I'll give you that Marble Garden is ass, though; The spinning tops are a shit gimmick that control poorly, it's aesthetic is boring, and if it weren't for the flying Tails boss nobody would remember the stage at all.

Ice Cap is awesome though and you're just crazy if you don't like it.
>>
>>318112531
>played Sonic 3 probably 100s of times
>never knew about the path to the top-right of the stage beginning

This is why Sonic games level design is god-tier. I still find new routes every time I play these games.
>>
>>318123824
all i remember from ice cap are those finnicky infinite scrolling puzzles. maybe there was more to the stage idk

i'll give you that hydrocity is the best sonic water stage but ultimately it's still a sonic water stage
>>
File: 1436698839921.jpg (73 KB, 396x600) Image search: [Google]
1436698839921.jpg
73 KB, 396x600
>>318111782
>Has the mini-boss theme from Sonic 3
Mein neger
>>
>>318124235
>Finnicky
>Push this thing and ride it

Okay Anon
>>
I always forget this zone exists. it takes me by surprise every time I play through the game
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (131 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
131 KB, 1440x1080
>>318124235
Ice Cap was fucking awesome until you realized 2/3s of both stages is in a gay cave. The outside parts were comfy as fuck
>>
>>318125501
Yeah it was a misnomer, it was basically Ice Cave Zone.

But it was still the tits.
>>
File: 1447527925198.jpg (10 KB, 255x229) Image search: [Google]
1447527925198.jpg
10 KB, 255x229
When did the series go from a fast side scrolling platformer featuring a blue hedgehog with not much backstory, to a furry porn central for degenerates?
>>
>>318126024
Day one.
Anything with animal protags or tameable monsters is furry bait.
>>
>>318125338
Yeah that's usually around the part where I'd run out of lives and continues. That or the Oil Ocean level.
>>
>>318110141
I didn't have a Sega CD as a kid, but Sonic CD was on PC, where I played it and loved it.
>>
File: 1448662938656.jpg (29 KB, 587x377) Image search: [Google]
1448662938656.jpg
29 KB, 587x377
>>318119434
sonic blast and sonic labyrinth gave us some of my favorite sonic game gear music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPc3NXvAawM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r53J19Q-wKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0AClI8ikw
I really believe these could be great songs, given proper instruments
>>
>>318128673
Go away for a week and remix them with new instruments anon.
>>
>>318129032
I'm not that talented...
>>
>>318129183
It's not too hard to do things by ear.
>>
>>318129389
I mean composing music and remixes
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.