[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody made a successful unarmed character yet? Struggling to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6
File: fallout_4.001.jpg (32 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
fallout_4.001.jpg
32 KB, 238x293
Anybody made a successful unarmed character yet? Struggling to decide where my perks should go
>>
Yes, I did.

Give me a second to type up the best perks and whatever.
>>
>>318097523
you made a thread with the image i was going to post ;_;

anyway melee is like most OP skill in the game, the best build that basically 2 shots level 40 legendary deathclaws is a melee build, its like high end high str with rooted being the main perk that helps it be op as fuck
>>
>>318097872
Thanks senpai
>>
Is there a mod that will let me change the death music? I want to change it to the intro of corona.
>>
>>318097523
the unarmed strong attack finishers are so much fun to use. I prefer mixed characters though. You probably want to find all the grognak comics as soon as possible. Don't forget the one in your old home.
>>
>>318097872
>>318098473

Alright, best perks:

>Iron Fist*
Increased melee damage, pretty obvious.

>Toughness*
Increased Damage resistance, since you will be taking a lot of damage

>Life Giver
More Health

>Sneak
So you can get close without getting spotted

>Moving Target*
Increased damage resistance while sprinting. Since you will be sprinting directly at your opponents, this is a gift to have.

>Bloody Mess
Because making peoples heads explode when you punch them is fun

>Rooted*
More melee damage and damage resistance while standing still.

STR, END, and AGI are the most important stats in my opinion, and what I would focus on when I choose my SPECIAL. Perks with a star are the most important.

When you start the game, get to the Swan Pond as quickly as possible and defeat the behemoth there so you can get the unique Power Fist.

Power first and deathclaw gauntlet will be the most OP weapons.

Now, if you want to use Power Armor(I didn't), get:

>Pain Train
Sprinting into enemies causes massive damage and knocks them down.

Also get Tessa's Fist, which will quadruple your armor durability.
>>
>>318098874
How is Blitz not even on that list. Do you not like teleporting?
>>
>literally one perk tree for each weapon type
>hurr how do I build for X
I can't believe I share a board with you faggots
>>
>>318098736
Bruh I know, working on a Kenshiro build and I just want to make sure I dont fuck my self in the early levels. Can't wait for mods to speed up this slow ass punching speed though
>>
>>318098943
I don't use VATS.

But OP, if you like VATS, yes add Blitz to the list.
>>
>>318098874
isnt rooted bugged?
>>
Really wish the game had throwing knives.
>>
>>318097523
Melee and Unarmed seem shit in this game compared to the last one. The only way for them to be usable is to abuse VATS it seems.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 519x533
>>318099062
>I don't use vats
>>
>>318098874
>get Tessa's Fist, which will quadruple your armor durability.
For all pieces?
>>
>>318099201
>he likes when the game plays itself for him in slow mo
>>
>>318099001
that's right, the punching speed is really low.

btw, did you know that you can push your strength up to 13 with the help of the bobblehead and the drug day tripper + special book? When you have 10 strength, just use day tripper, which decreases your str by 2. Then you can use the special book to boost it by one. Repeat once with the book, and once with the bobble head.
>>
File: 1406767092182.jpg (77 KB, 959x721) Image search: [Google]
1406767092182.jpg
77 KB, 959x721
>>318099201
>using VATS
I bet you wanted Mass Effect to have a no-gameplay option too.
>>
I did it as my first character and what I've learned is that besides Iron Fist, the bread and butter of an unarmed build that isn't stealth or crit based are Rooted and Moving Target. With those three perks, you do ridiculous damage (and an extra 50% if you remember to take a second to stop before hitting your opponent due to Rooted) and can survive due to damage resistance as long as you always sprint when moving and either take cover or just stand still when you run out of AP. Further, do not ignore STR or END as both give very large gains now, at every point of STR representing a 10% damage increase to melee and unarmed and your total END/2 multiplied by your current level is added to your base health. I recommend you get Armorer too, as there are armor upgrades for arm pieces that grant bonuses to melee damage and how much you block when you block an attack. Make sure to use drugs like Buffout and Psychobuff to get your STR over 11, and I recommend you get Chem Resistant to avoid addiction. That pretty much got me through Survival difficulty.
>>
>>318097523
Its pretty easy. Get blitz, perks which boost damage, as well as sneak stuff and better criticals.

If you abuse VATS you'll basically one shot most enemies. If you get the grim reaper's thing high enough, most kills will result in your AP refreshing, so you can just keep chaining blitz.
>>
Wearing power armor seems to skip dialogue sections and immediately turn npcs hostile sometimes.
It's happened to me in the mission where you track down kellogg, the Big Dig quest, and a bunch of others.
This is a bug right?
>>
>>318099650
Are you using the helmet mod that highlights people?
>>
>>318099224
This, need confirmation because I'm pretty sure it's just for that piece, which in itself is pretty shit.
>>
>>318099201
I think it's pretty dumb. It slows me down and it's more of an annoyance than anything.

I like sprinting right up to my enemies, and them punching their faces in. It's high-action. I don't like freezing time and letting the game play itself. What's the point of doing a melee build if you don't get the satisfaction of punching people yourself?

Plus this >>318099246
>>
Oh yeah, theres also a legendary modifier called Berserker. Does more damage the less armor you have, topping off at around 200% or so. If you can get a legendary fist weapon with it, you can do some ridiculous damage.
>>
>>318099756
Yes.
>>
>>318099650
it happens in big dig even if you get out of your power armour before you go into the room
>>
>>318099312
>not using VATS
I bet you wanted Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 4 to just drop all pretense of being an RPG and become space Call of Duty and post-apocalyptic Call of Duty respectively.
>>
Seems more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>318099772
Technically speaking, its faster to use VATS. You both punch faster than you would normally, as well as if you use Blitz you can cover more ground in less time overall. Hell there are times you can go straight through obstacles rather than around.
>>
>>318099880
Bobbi tried to kill me right after she payed me.
Getting payed without wearing the armor just has her walk out peacefully.
>>
>>318098973

I refuse to believe these are legitimate threads. The answers are far too precise.
>>
>>318099938
depends on whether you are in first person or 3rd person for the animation speeds (yes bethesda is that retarded). This is especially true if you are wearing power armor.
>>
>>318099224
>>318099767
I think it's just for the arm piece. Like I said, I don't use Power Armor.

The real benefit is having a cool fist to punch people with I guess.
>>
>>318099848
I think that might be what causing it. I've had a few other issues when entering areas in power armor, but I've only had everyone go hostile for no reason when I was using the helmet mod.

>>318099889
Nope, but that's what they are now. VATS is just Bethesda's official aimbot.
>>
>>318100086
maybe you are hellbanned and we are all just bots besides you.
>>
>>318100086
It takes more than one perk/skill to make an effective character build senpai. Especially when you're practically gimping yourself by using your barehands
>>
>>318099938
Irrelevant. I don't want to watch cutscenes of my character punching people. It's funner to do it myself.
>>
>>318100013
for me every time I entered the final room either bobbi or fahrenheit attacked me with no dialogue at all (and which one attacked me was random each time).

tried both in and out of power armour
>>
>>318099889
what does VATS have to do with RPGs?
>>
>>318100156
I haven't checked in third person, but I know its faster than first person. Plus enemies can't block VATS punches.

>>318100268

Irrelevant. Your statement that its slower is factually incorrect. I corrected you. What you prefer has no basis on this.
>>
>>318100195
>VATS
>combat based on skills, guns, upgrades and part chance
>aimbot

Lmao
>>
>>318100384
It literally aims for you, how is it anything other than an aimbot?
>>
>>318099312
The no gameplay setting was literally just putting the game on easy mode. They just named it story mode to made retards happy.
>>
>>318100376
I said it slows me down, as in it is a break in the action.
>>
Can this be a post characters thread now?
I like to see peoples.
>>
>>318100447
>I don't have to aim the skills in Pokemon and final fantasy
>wow so cheating

It's an rpg element in an fps, one of the few left in fallout. Sorry you don't likei T.
>>
>>318100569
Thats a bit clearer, sorry I misunderstood then. For what its worth, I agree that its much more fun to not use it, though VATs has some hilarious finishing moves sometimes.
>>
>>318100597
literally just use default male
>>
File: 1448140879035.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448140879035.jpg
330 KB, 1920x1080
>>318100597
Every /vg/ thread has a "post characters" post with a million replies. Try there.
>>
File: ice cold....gif (3 MB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
ice cold....gif
3 MB, 650x366
I thought about ditching the guns, but then I unlocked a cooler
>>
>>318100447
>It literally aims for you, how is it anything other than an aimbot?
go vats with 8 shots in queue. all miss.
>>
>>318100195
Well, that's pretty shit.
I liked that helmet mod.
>>
is there a console command to see my fps or do I have to use shitty fucking fraps?
>>
>>318100679
pokemon and final fantasy aren't FPS games where you control one character who shoots stuff with a gun.

Plenty of FPS games have RPG elements without having aimbots.
>>
>>318100597
Just make a thread noob
>>
>>318100686
Nah, I would thought the same thing reading my post.I should have worded it better rather than assume people will think what I'm thinking.
>>
>people are pissing on one of the only RPG mechanics left in the game

fucking casual shitters
>>
>>318097523
10 Strenght, 1 Endurance, 1 Charisma, 1 Intelligence, 10 Agility, 4 Luck.

Use VATS and Power Armour to RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>318100920
>wanting stupid RPG elements in a shooter
>>
>>318100829
>aimbot
We've already gone through this. Further have you seen how much it misses?
>>
>>318100728
you know you can just make one of those out of any fat man right?
>>
>>318100195

Dunno about melee, but as a rifle user usually i don't miss a shot due to the simple gunplay. Vats rng instead waste a lot of bullets even with the correct stats, so it's not really reliable on high difficulty levels.
>>
>>318101074
Seconded
>I made one out of the Big Boy (shoots 2 projectiles) and they both split like a mirv
>>
>>318098874
Don't forget ninja.

If you level up ninja all the way, sneak attacks with melee do 10x damage.
>>
>>318101123
Melee theres a small percentage for miss, but pretty much never does as far as I've seen. You do need to be pretty close, even with Blitz maxed out however.

Melee also kinda gets the downside of not being able to aim at any one particular part however.
>>
>>318101247
Good point, I forgot about that one.
>>
How randomized is this game
>>
>>318099201
>>318099246
>>318099312
>>318099772

Wasn't VATS only a thing because Fallout 3/NV had terrible aiming/camera control and gun mechanics? The only reason VATS is in FO4 is because it's a 'staple' of the series now, thanks to Bethesda not knowing how to make aiming feel good in FO3/NV.

Luckily, aiming in FO4 is much more fluid and precise. Not perfect, but a serviceable step up from the previous games.
>>
>>318101590
i mean, some loot and random encounters maybe? what are you even asking?
>>
>>318101590
Pretty much everything except story characters and shit. For instance you can find raiders or wanderers/traders in one area of the map, die, and when you go back that person could be a female now, wearing armor instead of just shitty tattered clothing. And what you find a lot of places is randomized, like scraps and stuff.
>>
>>318101696
It still feels a bit janky to me. I don't know, I guess it is just me but while I feel its improved I still think it's a pretty "eh" shooter. I opt for VATS every chance I get.

For some reason the change from Oblivion to Skyrim felt more "improved" (combat wise) that FO3 to FO4 to me.
>>
thinking of picking the game up.
I know the whole point is open world, but is it actually an exciting place to explore or is it just a walking simulator for the most part with maybe a couple interesting places
>>
>>318101696
VATS originated in the first two fallout games before Bethesda even got their hands on it.
>>
>>318102074
Someone will try to convince you it's an interesting map but honestly it's the same shit over and over, Like a lot of the quests. You can get ADD easily but only when you're still fooling yourself that you'll stumble on something cool
>>
>>318102074
It can be interesting and fun sometimes. If you liked FO3, its more of the same, but condensed so you'll run into stuff more frequently.
>>
So what is better - Melee or Unarmed?
I don't know if I want a kenshiro build with a power fist or a space marine build with a power sledge/shishkebab.
>>
>>318102074
If you've never played Fallout or a Bethesda game you might find it interesting to explore. the rest of us knew what to expect
>>
>>318101696
no, VATS was used in F3 in order to make it seem more similar to the first 2 Fallouts, which were tactical RPGs. They're also both still worth playing, just make sure you get the fan patch for 2 cause it's got some serious bugs.
>>
>>318102106
Ah. Well I have not played them.

No pc :(
>>
>>318102620
Melee is probably better simply due to more options. Plus you can't use fist weapons in power armor
>>
File: 2015-11-27_00002.jpg (455 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27_00002.jpg
455 KB, 1440x900
Is there a way to expand the boundary? All I want is to make a water purifier and not make 3 water pumps instead.
>>
>>318103732
You can mod the power armour fists though, and the bonus strength easily makes up for the lost weapon damage.
>>
>>318104953
Just wait for a mod that makes the whole map buildable.
>>
My gf did
>>
>>318105027
Not really, with drugs and certain armors you can get your strength way higher than Power Armor grants.
>>
>>318101696
I actually preferred the aiming in FO3 and NV, but that may be due to the massive amount of hours I put into it.

I think the fact that you could raise your guns skill helped. Perks just arent the same.
>>
>>318102620
Melee is better. The Melee weapons are better than Unarmed ones and there are more options for them.
>>
>>318105219
i think that's already been done
>>
>>318097523
Why are fallout fags so RPG illiterate? Go heavy str/ end or agility or luck or whatever you want. The game is riddled with bugs anyways so get used to being scared about flying through the wall and losing progression when you die suddenly or get to a game breaking bug
>>
>>318106017
Link it please. All I'm finding are mods to get unlimited size in the settlement.
>>
>>318104953
I know that pain. I've tried everything to try and glitch that, including messing around in cheat engine, but you can't place things out of bounds without first placing it down normally.
>>
>>318106286
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1050/?
>>
>>318105741
You can still use drugs in power armour, and I think legendary effects may still work in Power Armour as well, but I am unsure on that.
>>
>>318108734
You can't use any legendary fist weapons though. Not to mention one of the better legendary weapons for damage is the Berserker legendary, which gives you more damage the less armor you have. Tops off round 200%
>>
Does sneak work well when you invest in it? Want to go through the game with a switch blade sneak one shorting everyone
>>
>>318111419
Very well. Sneak bonuses for melee are ridiculously high on max level, and theres pieces of gear which make you hard to impossible to detect if you're not moving.
>>
>>318111419
Sneak is very effective. You'll want Blitz so you can clear the gap and Ninja to nearly one-hit enemies due to the 10x crit. Calmex and Fury can kill just about anything in one hit with a 10x crit, doing over 10,000 damage. Pretty sure Fury is bugged though.
>>
>>318111541
neat, any suggestions for starting out?going to get a silenced pistol for sure.
>>
>>318111627
If you're going for pistols, the sandman perk gives you a ridiculous damage bonus for using them. That coupled with the I think Ninja perk, will make your damage skyrocket.
>>
>>318112096
Well that was more or less just for the very beginning. Until I get some points in melee and sneak so I can successfully sneak up on people.
>>
>>318111419
It's possible but you're going to getbutt fucked or a while doing it
>>
>>318112096
>>318111627

The Sandman's perk works with silenced weapons.

Ninja gives you a sneak bonus with all guns, silenced or not.

Compound the two, and you're just going to cap everything before it sees you.

Doubly so if you 'shadow' your armor pieces, and use the lighter armor mods.

For the longest time I didn't even put a single point into Sneak. I didn't need to. I still only have the one at level 21. Most of the time, when I alert enemies, they go into [CAUTION] mode, rather than [DANGER] which indicates they know what you are, and where you are. I've had them shooting wildly into the darkness and crying out to me. They're all on alert, and I'm still getting sneak bonus crits. It's pretty hilarious. I never liked Sneak in FO3/NV because I felt it was so poorly implemented. This time it's great. Line of sight, and shadows matter. Animals can still sniff you out, though. So can Ghouls.

Though, I prefer rifles. Longer range, better damage, and better scope options.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.