[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does nobody on /v/ talk about this master piece >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 616x340
Why does nobody on /v/ talk about this master piece

>the best x4 game ever made
>each faction is interesting and unique
>fighting is actually fun
>>
because no one plays games here

i love how the devs keep updating the game, been jumping between SotS1, Age of wonders and EL all year.
>>
>>318094283
Combat in this game manages to be even worse than Civ. I just let everything autoresolve

Everything else is great though
>>
I tried it when it was free and got into the same question

The game should be a must have for 4x fags

It's very original and actually fun.
>>
>>318094719
I don't get this meme, you get to actually stack units and they spread out during the actual battle, meaning you get easy movement of armies while still enjoying in depth combat. Terrain is also very useful in EL, as it's very common for your battlefield to have choke points that you can use to hold back the enemy.
>>
It's too hard. I'm shit at 4x games, there's too much to think about.

Honestly, the only one I've ever been able to get into is Civ4, because it's piss easy.
>>
>>318094283
Very simply anon, because it's really fucking good.
>>
FUCK THE NEW INFILTRATION FACTION IN THIS GAME

They just gimp the shit out of me by decreasing my population and I play cultists, so my only city gets decimated

I fucking hate infiltration so much.
>>
>>318095280
Purge those fuckers mang, then fuck them off by converting all their nearby villages so they can't pillage them. Starve them of cash.
>>
>>318094283

Because I just stopped playing because you're full of shit anon. Yes, just you.

>Drakken's speciality is diplomacy
>Pick it because I always pick the Luigi/Spear/Support type
>AI are self-destructively retarded when it comes to relationships/diplomacy/basic fucking survival skills
>Half the AI in a game outright cheat, shitting out settlers
>Drakken can't deal but snipe whatever settlers they can over multiple turns (lol retreat), they ONLY have diplomacy, empire plans (if things are going REALLY well) and more assimilations.

Also about fighting
>Can't cancel orders, since clicking them just tells them to stay put, which they can do so they never default to attacking/running.
>Pathfinding is retarded for ground units half the time, going miles out the way for the whole battle to persue a single target.
>It's generally a clusterfuck in terms of managing units due to lack of tactical information (outlining cliffs etc without a fixed camera angle) and vital information scattered around the screen*, enemy units are always buffed to fuck without a hero early game etc.
>CAN'T FUCKING SPEED IT UP.

Also lastly,
*The UI in this is just as shitty as it was in Endless Space and DotE, they really fucking suck with UI design hence the minimal tablet friendly buttons and screens. Making it bigger and therefore readable doesn't help when shit like MASSIVE UNIT PAINTINGS take up about 1/5th of the unit panel.
>>
>>318095657
endless dungeon has literally like 8 buttons on the screen edge for a ui

its major issue is stacked creeps insta fucking your shit with no way of preventing it
>>
>And became everything I am...
>...Auriga.
>>
>>318096087

Not sure if you mean EL or not but yeah a distinct lack of artillery is a pain.
Oh but wait, hold up, unless your faction actually deals in warfare you don't have any fucking units period!

>Drakken
>Infantry
>Weak flying mostly useful for scout
>"Support" which means AoE close combat and fireball. T3 tech though lmao, enjoy researching that instead of trade routes/gear. Oh and it's still weak.
>No "Ranged" unit
>No Cavalry unit
>Hero is a squishy support that has some nice debuffs...
>Except EVERY Drakken is slow as fuck, so he'll always be deadlocked
>Assimilated units is a crapshoot of if you have minotaurs/demons or not.

Considering how often you can bounce off targets without doing a single point of damage, and how quickly they can get fat with HP, I really fucking wish iron gear was just free, since it's tied to your tech era. I have literally never unlocked gear that uses strategic resources because I'm too busy trying to build an empire faster than a cheating AI.
>>
>>318096706
Most factions need assimilated units to really shine in warfare.
>>
>>318097393

Yeah with a weak military presence for most factions in tech/options that's where diplomacy would come in.

BUT
>AI will Cold War you out of nowhere despite being Blood Brothers, literally for no fucking reason but to screw ourselves over
>Players know the book in and out so they'd build their own factions or if forced to play with stocks, exploit and play dirty.
I didn't sign up to abuse Force Treaty/Close Borders over and over, I hate that kind of shitty short sighted game design in any game.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.