[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it too late to get into marvel vs capom? Which one should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Is it too late to get into marvel vs capom?
Which one should I play? Whats the best version to emulate? What emulator should I use?

what about capcom vs snk? CvS2?

I just got into fighting games and some of these look cool but it seems too late to get into them, and I don't want to put time into a dead game
>>
File: 1448585846968.gif (814 KB, 1280x1082) Image search: [Google]
1448585846968.gif
814 KB, 1280x1082
>>
>>318090850
>Is it too late to get into marvel vs capom?

More or less

>nobody plays MvC1
>MvC2 players are growing old and the game peaked years ago
>UMvC3 is a broken mess that has zero chance of ever getting rebalanced since Disney went full Nazi with the Marvel license and is bleeding players every day as newer foghting games come out
>>
>>318091679
>blaming disney
>not blaming Marvel
>>
all 3 scenes are dead, yes it's too late
>>
File: 1438498829827.jpg (21 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1438498829827.jpg
21 KB, 320x213
>>318091679

Your best bet is downloading Fightcade and trying to find people in MvC1. That being said, it's not going to be easy.

However, Telltale is making a Marvel game, so Disney/Marvel might have licensed some things. Who knows, I just hope they don't end up making an Injustice
>>
MvC 1-3 are all fun, but they're horribly unbalanced and ridiculous. They're super good if you're playing someone on your skill level though.

It's just that they aren't supported anymore because of licensing problems which is shitty.
>>
>>318090850
>Is it too late to get into marvel vs capom?
Yes. Disney didn't want to renew their contract with Capcom. IIRC, you can't get even get DLC for UMvC3 anymore, and there are no more patches for it.
>>
>>318090850

Not only the things talked about above but also because the only ones still playing are most likely know the game and its characters inside out and rip your asshole to pieces in 1-2 combos.
>>
>>318092415
Despite what /v/ will tell you, UMvC3 has the most playable cast of characters at mid-high to top level play when compared to MvC1 and MvC2.
>>
File: cyc-wins2.gif (53 KB, 268x180) Image search: [Google]
cyc-wins2.gif
53 KB, 268x180
>>318092225
>Not playing god-tier, busted as fuck SFvX
I wish I had the animation of Cyclops putting on the jacket
>>
>>318094102
I agree with you. Less infinites and such also, but X-factor is such a pain in the ass that I usually will just play 1 or 2 with friends.
>>
>>318094102
The problem with UMVC3 is the disparity between tiers.

Also it has the worst returning fighters.
>>
>>318095147
X-Factor makes sense in a team game like MvC, but it's still too good despite the nerf to it in Ultimate.
>>
Just play Darkstalkers. Its where MvC and all Street Fighters after SF2 got their inspiration from.
>>
Low tier Marvel 3 and general fucking around/non-top tier play is fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2du-0-nloQg

>Team swords
>>
>>318095015

No Cyclops in MvC hurts the game a lot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.