[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS Vita
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: PS-Vita-2000-Angle.jpg (76 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
PS-Vita-2000-Angle.jpg
76 KB, 640x458
Thinking about buying one of these soon. Can you guys recommend some games? So far I'm looking at Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, Gravity Rush, Person 4 Golden, a few others.

Also, someone spoiled who the killer is in P4G. Is the game still enjoyable knowing that that detail is known?

Vita thread.
>>
>Tfw no games for sale
>>
File: Spoony.jpg (56 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Spoony.jpg
56 KB, 400x600
>>318089593
I had one of these for 2 years. The first year I played it a lot. Persona 4, Uncharted, Little big planet, and a few others I don't remember. Then I ran out of games to play. Most of the jrpgs like nep nep are available on pc and ps3 and run way better. Nep nep and akiba strip both run under 30 fps. Hyper neptune rebirth (idk really know if that's the name of the game) ran okay usually but akiba strip ran like total shit. That's what's wrong with the console. A lot of the games run like shit. P.S. if you get one of these DON"T get the jack and daxter collection. It's almost sad that naughty dog would even release a game like that. It litterally dips down into the single digits (refering to frame rate). In fact the first jack and daxter never hits 30 fps. That's not a fact but it seemed that way.
>>
>>318090178

Thanks for the info.

How about P4G? Some faggot on /v/ spoiled the killer's identity for me. Does the game have other merits? Should I skip it?
>>
>>318090275
Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time. I would totally recommend it. It's runs great on the system.
>>
There are tons of great games on the vita. But if you're not open to the idea of playing slightly weeb or full on weeb games it might not be good. But if you have a 3DS and like it I believe the vita has a better library than it with just about every single genre available.
Go on the vita general and there's a couple pictures one with the recommended games and another with upcoming localizations.
>>
not op but getting the blue vita or should i snap one from ebay and get a oled one. Heard lots of soso things about both the vita slim and oled so idk what to choose also the blue is pretty cool.
>>
File: 2015-11-26-020117.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26-020117.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3264
I love my vita!
>>
>>318090275
i think you should be fine i mean i got spoiled about the final reveal in danganronpa but i still had a great time with it.
>>
>>318089593

shit, I've been thinking about this as well. Can I play SK if I have a PSTV, or is a full vita required?
>>
File: Vita Skittles.png (1 MB, 538x1221) Image search: [Google]
Vita Skittles.png
1 MB, 538x1221
i am the one who like my vita but
nobody like me

even when kotlett is not here they luv him so much they said he killed himself
but hes alivereally.

I saw it.
>>
>>318089593
>buying a handheld in 2015

Is that bait or something?
>>
>>318093468
He's 3 posts above yours you dumb shit.
>>
>>318093653
i go hunting with my family and take it there to play at the night next to the camp fire and to work where i play it on break or when i have time. Sucks for you if you bought it and just stay at home and play it, but still theres the playstation tv which is cheap for home use.
>>
>>318089593
i'm also looking to buy one of these, some questions:

is there a "lite"? any new versions or features that I should be looking out for? exclusive colors?

has anyone bought a gamestop refurb, of a vita or some other console, how was it?

have these things been jailbroken yet? is there some old version i can buy for free vidya?
>>
File: SlaveLeia2013.jpg (6 KB, 200x177) Image search: [Google]
SlaveLeia2013.jpg
6 KB, 200x177
>>318090178
> ps3 and run way better.

Neptunia runs awful and the remake was never on the PS3, just an FYI.

>>318089593
Hey.

Some games I really like:
>Soul Sacrifice Delta
>Freedom Wars
>Tales of Hearts R
>Persona 4 Golden
>Oreshika 2
>Dangan Ronpa 1
>Dangan Ronpa 2
>Dangan Ronpa AE
>God Eater 2 (need translation guide)
>PS Nova (translation guide)
>Dungeon Travelers 2
>Demon Gaze
>Ys Celceta
>Killzone
>Gravity Rush
>Disgaea 4
>Persona 4 Dance
>Rayman Games
>Deception 4
>EDF V2
>Dragon's Crown
>Muramasa + DLC
>VIrtue's Last Reward
>Stein's Gate
>Ar No Surge Plus
>Sly Collection
>Shinobido 2
>Lumines
>Hotshots Golf
>Wipeout 2048
And a bunch of indie games that are great to play on the go.

Some upcoming im getting:

>Trails of Cold Steel
>Zeroo Escape 3
>Stranger in Sword City
>Digimon Cyber Sleuth
>God Wars
>World of Final Fantasy (maybe)
>Odin Sphere
and a bunch more, just no orders quite yet.
>>
>>318094806

>persona 4 dance
>hotshots golf
>lumines
>stein's gate
>shinobido 2

christ you fuckers are really digging
>>
>>318094616
There's a 2k model, which has some trade offs. Both are fine

There are a bunch of limited edition models.

No, bought mine new sorry

No, there's some PSP emulation, but it locks you to old firmware and out of a lot of games + online play
>>
>>318094936
How am I digging? I'm helping someone out.

I enjoyed all those games, though I never finished Stein's Gate yet. All of them are super solid titles. So shut the fuck up, and recommend him some games then if you dislike mine. I didn't even include some.
>>
>>318094616
gamestop has the blue ps vita slim on sale now which is a exclusive color for them only. Also yes they have been jailbroken a long time ago however the best firmware to get a ps vita for that stuff is 3.18. And last thing is slim vs oled, if you like better colors get the orginal ps vita since they have oled and are cheaper. Get the slim if you want a lightwieght system and better battery life also its a bit more faster in games that lag a bit.
>>
>>318095062

>recommend him some games if you dislike mine

my point is that vitas have a shit library, as evidenced by your recommendations of hotshots golf, which is the equivalent of anime madden, a goddamn sports game for fuck's sake, lumines, a game that was boring on PSP, and fucking shinobido 2, a game who's metacritic score is a failing grade.
>>
File: psp bubble.png (2 MB, 768x1308) Image search: [Google]
psp bubble.png
2 MB, 768x1308
>>318094616
slim 2000 is the latest model, its screen is slightly inferior to the original OG model which is no longer in production but it has superior battery life and ergonomics. The difference is only apparent if you own both and place them syde by side. America has black model, red/black and blue/black models. Japan has the white model + all the other colours. Choose wisely.

They haven't been jailbroken per se but up to the latest firmware you can run eCFW psp xmx for psp emulation and homebrew. If you're buying new and original normal models like black slim 2000, out of the box firmware is usually very low, the lower the firmware the easier and more options for hacking/customization. Below 3.36 allows you to create custom PSP bubbles that launch directly from the homescreen. Pic related, all my PSP games are hacked with custom titles and icons. Otherwise to launch PSP isos woul will simply need to launch an exploit game and play them through the psp xmb.
>>
>>318095203
What the hell are you talking about? Why are you in a thread about someone seeking Vita advice if you hate it?

You haven't even played the fucking games. Hot shots golf is a technical golf game, with a ton of content and a chill game. I also got it for $3.00 on PSN.

Lumines is a fun time passer, you thinking its boring is not my concern.

Shinobido 2 is basically a Tenchu game but less serious and a handglider. Please, cry more over games you have no intention of playing.

I'm sure there's plenty of games that you like that suck in other's eyes, so shut the fuck up, and get out of the thread you ignorant shit stain.
>>
>>318095350
Below 3.52*

Also you can update to any firmware, however you cannot downgrade. The best firmware to say on is 3.18~3.36, if vita piracy ever becomes possible it will be on either of these firmwares.
>>
>>318095493
i don't hate the vita, that's retarded fanboy shit. i'm saying it has a bad library, and your comment was proof.
>>
>>318095203
the thing is vita manly has jap games however there are some games that i would say getting a vita is worth it like dangaronpa,SS delta, persona 4 golden ,gravity rush, dungeon travelers 2, stien gate, corspe party. Also there are the psp and ps1 games that you can get in the psn store and in my opinion maybe not yours its better to play them in a vita instead of a big screen.
>>
>>318095350

so, to be clear, the difference between shopping around for an old PSP is the screen, the battery life, and if i'm lucky, a more convenient (but functionally not any different) PSP iso-launching experience? a new vita out of the box, on new firmware will run PSP isos? that seems like a fuck-up lol
>>
>>318095780
>I don't hate the Vita
>I just hate the games you like on the Vita
>Also the library is awful because you listed games I never played, and dislike because reasons

Okay kid, time for bed.
>>
A lot of old games are getting ported to newer and better platforms like ps4 and/or PC. A lot of new games are also getting simultaneously released on ps4 and/or PC.
But as a weeb vita owner that doesn't know jap, I still think it's worth it to pick up used at a low price and then play a lot of the good games still not on other platforms like Persona, SS Delta, and Danganronpa. Also, I just feel that some games are superior on a handheld, Visual Novels for example. I would rather play Steins;Gate or Muv Luv on my vita than my PC. But I plan on selling my vita once I get through all the games I wanted to play, I don't see much of a future for the console.
>>
>>318095927

basically persona 4 is my top 3 favorite games of all time. i've been fucking dying to play P4G, like seriously ughhh. i loved the translation of danganronpa on ps1, and want to play the second one really bad (is it as good?) other than this though, i'm dubious of psvita's library.

>>318096005
i don't hate all the games you like, i just think that when someone asks "does vita have a lot of good games" and in answering that question you have to resort to a game with a 55 on metacritic, you need to reevaluate some things, that's all. i'm not saying you're wrong about most of those games, i know some of them are great. but come the fuck on, you're really going to defend fucking hotshots golf as a reason to get a console? like sorry i can't get behind that

also bed? it's 4PM.
>>
>>318095951
All firmwares right now support psp iso, manually updated or out of box firmwares which tend to be lower, support psp iso. The lower ones just have more functionality, yes.

and I'll assume you ment vita instead of psp, yes the only real difference is screen, battery life and ergonomics. The slim is very light and easy to hold and smaller.
>>
>>318096214
>Thinking about buying one of these soon. Can you guys recommend some games?

What part of this do you not understand? What is good is subjective. Opinions on metacritic are representative of minority opinions on professionals without any type of writing degrees, reviewing games in hopes that they get site traffic.

When did I solely say hot shots is a reason to get a console? Can you not fucking read? The fact that you lay claims to games being bad when you know nothing of them just proves you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>318096214
>like seriously ughhh
>metacritic
Tumblr please fuck off, also learn to use capitals and not end every question with a question mark if you want to post on this site
>>
>>318096482

why are you so mad please calm down

>>318096491
i used one question mark, hahahahaha, better go back to reddit kid :^)
>>
File: iAXpm1n (1).jpg (3 MB, 1500x3613) Image search: [Google]
iAXpm1n (1).jpg
3 MB, 1500x3613
imo digimon Next Order should've been included in this list. It's open world again.
>>
>>318096157
I can't agree with this. PC isn't getting a lot of the releases, as I own a gaming PC as my primary at home platform.

In terms of the PS4 porting, they are still Vita games, and as seen with various recent titles, you are paying for a resolution upscale most of the time as the games are initially designed on the portable and must abide by its limitation. That, and Vita games are $20 cheaper and portable. It comes down to preference, but you aren't limiting yourself on the Vita.
>>
>>318096614
>gets btfo on multiple levels
>now backpeddles
Just leave.
>>
>>318096763

haha no
>>
>>318096675

>western releases
>literally all nipponese

okay
>>
>>318089593
If you like weeb it's your console home
>>
Question for anyone still in the thread:

Given a choice between the PS Vita 1000 model and the 2000 model, which model would you recommend (and perhaps explain your choice as well)?
>>
OP here, tabbed to play for a bit and came back. Thanks a lot for the recommendations so far, my friends. Thread's still alive.

I've been leaning toward the Slim due to the better battery life. I wish those cunting memory cards weren't so expensive. Is a 64 GB necessary if I plan on mostly physical games? I hear a lot of the best Vita games are digital-only.
>>
>>318099017
>>>/vg/vitagen

These lads will help you, m8.
>>
>>318096762
Just off the top of my head, Neptunia 1-3, Senran versus games, Digimon, Steins;Gate, Muv Luv, Akiba's Trip, Toukiden Kiwami, that SAO game, Deception 4, and some more I'm sure are all getting releases on other platforms or they've already had releases. Some series are even abandoning the vita entirely, releasing sequels solely on other platforms such as Disgaea 5, Persona 5, Mega dimension Neptunia and Gravity Rush 2. The vita has definitely lost a lot of it's exclusives to the Ps4 and PC.
I don't really care about portability because I only play games in the comfort of my own home anyway. I only cared about the large support from Japanese Devs and their exclusive titles, but that seems to be dying off. That's why I would say there isn't much of a future for the console, especially if you're like me and already own a PC+ Ps4. I say just buy it cheap, play the games you want to, and get rid of it.
>>
File: Very mad.jpg (160 KB, 822x622) Image search: [Google]
Very mad.jpg
160 KB, 822x622
>tfw black patches all over my vita
>tfw have to play while keeping the light on in the room to avoid seeing that shit while gaming

>the OG vita screen is superior they said
>>
>>318100374
>Disgaea 5, Persona 5, Mega dimension Neptunia
None of this were never exclusives to the Vita.
>Steins;Gate, Muv Luv
Emm... this were originally PC exclusive games, anon.
>>
>>318099017
64 is overkill is you plan to play mostly physical.

32gb is a good middle of the road
>>
>>318100848
Yes, I already know that. Did you even read what I said?
>>
Atelier if you like crafting.

You can still play P4G knowing who the killer is, it actually might make some scenes more hilarious for you, it certainly did for me. It also makes a certain social link more interesting know there's a darker side to that particular character.
>>
>>318090275
If it's your first playthrough, you'll be fine.
>>
>>318099017
Honestly you can get by on 8GB, but 16GB is fine. 16GB cards are only like $15-20 as well.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.