[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am physically incapable of making decisions on my own. Is Elite:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I am physically incapable of making decisions on my own. Is Elite: Dangerous the gem that people make it out to be? Worth 15 bucks or should I wait for the new expansion pack or at least Christmas?
>>
>I am physically incapable of making decisions on my own

yeah, coming from a shitty dinnerfag, i'm not surprised at all!

get the fuck out dinnerweenie
>>
there isn't much to do other than space truckin', but if that's your thing, then you'll have a good time

idk if you played the original elite or frontier, but if you liked those then E:D is exactly your kind of thing
>>
Just started playing again.

The universe feels more alive now that they've added in factions and factional warfare (called Powerplay). So me and some friends scooted to Imperial space and pledged our services to the Empire and are doing shit for them now, which is fun.

They added in wings too, making co-op so much easier.

Planetary landing is around the corner, along with co-op in the same spaceship.
>>
>>318086084
elite dangerous is a collection of chores
don't bother
>>
>>318086084
If you have a HOTAS already I'd say it's worth the fifteen bucks. It will be fun for a while, at least.
>>
>>318086084
>Is Elite: Dangerous the gem that people make it out to be?
What? Who has said this? There's a reason why it doesn't even have a general thread on >>>/vg/. There's just not much to do in the game, even with the upcoming expansion. I'm afraid E:D might not be worth playing until a few more years from now, if ever.
>>
>>318086084
>Is Elite: Dangerous the gem that people make it out to be?

Great combat. That's about it, anon. It has practically 0 content. Wait until they've finished it. The devs are also incompetent fucks who promised offline mode but couldn't do it and never told people until 1 month into release. So yeah, if you want to put your trust in that kind of people, go for it.
>>
Nobody makes it out to be a gem. It's mediocre.
You fly around, make money, upgrade your ship, make more money, fly around more and that's pretty much all there is to it.
I recommend a joystick or at least gamepad though - it's tedious with mouse/keyboard.
Sound design is probably the best about it.
>>
>>318086084

Do you have an Oculus Rift?
Yes?
Buy it

No?
Don't buy it.

Its just shit by itself, and the expansion pack is only adding some flavor to this puddle of piss, not actual content - but it is full priced.

Frontier deserves to go bankrupt with what they pulled with this pos game.

If they didn't make it an online-only pseudo mmorpgs with no reeal exploration, questiong, factions, instances, raids or player interaction - modders could've made something absolutely amazing with it by now.

But nope, buy this shit, buy the shit expansion for full price, buy cosmetic DLC because theres 0 player customization, and then suck brabens dick too.
>>
>>318087434
>So me and some friends scooted to Imperial space and pledged our services to the Empire and are doing shit for them now, which is fun.

What this guy said is
>we ticked a box and are now filling a green bar for some faction thing of a people we've never seen, talked to or know.
>>
The sale price is the same as the discount players get for buying the expansion, so I guess get it now and see if you like it. You won't have lost any money if you do and the expansion at least.

Any I got a couple days ago after a friend recommend it and I'm liking it so far, but that might not last.
>>
>>318088510
>There's a reason why it doesn't even have a general thread on >>>/vg/

Because there's not enough autism to sustain it.
>>
can someone get this for me please
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.