[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nintendo refuse to listen to their fans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1zsE5g7wA0
>people want King K. Rool and Chrom in Smash
>they're in... as costumes
>people want a Daisy costume in SMM
>they would rather put in obscure shit like a fucking mahjong tile
>now people want Frog Mario as a power-up in SMM
>it's in... as a costume
>>
>>318080237
>it's in... as a costume

Well.. it IS a costume isn't it? I mean they call it the Frog SUIT...
>>
thank god so people aren't tempted to make more water levels
>>
File: lulz hades.jpg (14 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
lulz hades.jpg
14 KB, 400x240

>implying the opinion of all 3 of the diasyspammers on /v/ matter
>>
>>318080395
But the Frog suit power-up in SMB3 had its own physics... It wasn't just a costume.
>>
>>318080237
It's a toss-up between 2 options.

>Nintendo sincerely believes that the fans of those characters would love it, not for that character to ACTUALLY be in the game, but for a simple costume

Or

>Nintendo is actively spiting the fans of those characters, putting them in as costumes in a show of contempt for not just the character, but their fans as well.
>>
>>318080482
There are already too many water levels, this would at least make them more bearable.
>>
File: like this for example.jpg (15 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
like this for example.jpg
15 KB, 209x241
You guys just dont seem to grasp that they arent giving this game any such DLC as new power-ups and slopes or enemies.
They gotta save stuff for a sequel.
>>
>>318080701
what about
>Nintendo acknowledges that people like those irrelevant characters so they make costumes for them hoping that their ungrateful fans will enjoy them since they don't want to waste time on shitty characters nobody but autists actually like
>>
>>318080485

That's more than the non existent Koopalingfags
>>
File: 1448576124339.png (299 KB, 596x480) Image search: [Google]
1448576124339.png
299 KB, 596x480
>>318080237
people don't want daisy
>>
>>318081349
>>Nintendo acknowledges that people like those irrelevant characters so they make costumes for them hoping that their ungrateful fans will enjoy them since they don't want to waste time on shitty characters nobody but autists actually like

But they shove Shiek, Rosalina, and Zero Suit Samus into everything, and they're exactly just that
>>
>>318081507
How does it feel to be so wrong? Look at all the people supporting Daisy on Smashboards,
>>
>people want King K. Rool and Chrom in Smash
Fire Emblem already has enough fucking representatives that play similarly. King K. Rool is and has always been a shit villain. I can't take him seriously at all and the DKC games aren't that good anyway.

Daisy sucks shit, so good riddance.

>it's in... as a costume
Might become a DLC power-up later. Who knows? I don't really care either way since I'm not a casual that needed it in SMB3.
>>
>yfw ganchan will get a skin before Daisy.
>>
>>318080485
>>318081507

If you're gonna samefag, don't make it obvious
>>
>>318081584
Smash isn't everything
and they're more relevant than King K. No Games Since N64 and Yellow Peach
>>318081615
Smashboard members aren't people.
>>
>>318080237
Nintendo only cares about money from easily fooled casual idiots with no standards for gameplay now. The Wii and amiibos made them greedy, the DLC an microtransactions added salt to the wounds, and you goyim keep buying into it. They wanted the casual audience, they got it. Now they want the smartphone audience, and I'm sure they'll get it to some degree and furthermore I'm sure you faggots will damage control when that hurts Nintendo's games again.

You keep buying Nintendo shamelessly dumbed down games, you accepted nerfed quality and now you're seeing the repercussions and you're looking to deflect the blame anywhere but yourselves in typical fashion that I've come to expect from the MODERN fanbase. There's a reason us old faggots have been bitching since the Wii released, and you fags provided damage control for them...I hope you're just actually just as ashamed as I think the incoming butthurt comments will show.
>>
>>318081810
>King K. No Games Since N64
But he was in Super Mario Sluggers on the Wii.
>Smashboard members aren't people.
Nice meme
>>
>>318081810
Shiek was only in 1 Zelda game and a few spinoffs, more than half of those spinoffs being Smash Bros.
>>
>>318081810

Metroid hasn't gotten a new game since Other M

Shiek is only in OOT

And Rosalina is basically the new Daisy, she wasn't overused until 2013 when all she had before was Mario Kart
>>
>>318082134
Shrek?
>>
>>318080237

>Fans want a new Animal Crossing game
HERE'S HAPPY HOME DESIGNER

>No Nintendo, we meant a new Animal Crossing for the Wii U, remember the one you teased us about with the Miiverse Communities, the AC Plaza app, Villager in Sm4sh, etc
HERE'S AMIIBO FESTIVAL

it still hurts, man.
>>
>>318082630

>>318082042
Applies here really heavily. This is what you get when you support anti consumer tactics.
>But how is amiibo anti consumer?!
Their functionality was unlockables in games, you're now paying for unlockables. Their other function is serving functionality modes in games like the bots that learn in Smash bros, which could have simply be a ingame option. Amiibos are just part of the jew cancer killing Nintendo for its fans, not for their money. At this point I hope NX fails, next handheld fails, and ARE FORCED to take a hard look at how their practices effects everything.
>>
>>318082630
>HERE'S HAPPY HOME DESIGNER
well this one sold over a million in Japan alone, so there was demand
>>
>>318081243
LBP has the best DLC practices of any video game IMO. The fact that it carries over from game to game sets it over the top for me.
>>
>>318083067
>you're now paying for unlockables
DLC does that for over 2 decades now. Also one amiibo can technically give bonus to several games
>>
>>318083114
Japs will lap up anything.
>>
>>318080237
K.Rool hasn't been relevant since the 90's. Even though we just recently got two new Donkey Kong games he hasn't shown up in any of them. Even Dixie was brought back. Him being added IS a waste of space (since people wanna attack the roster).

Compared to someone like Mac, who's popularity spawned a new game due to being just a trophy in Brawl (like K.Rool), Rool has had trophies in all Smash installments and has gotten nowhere. Even Pit, someone older than K.Rool managed to make a comeback just by being a trophy. Rather you wanna see it or not, Rool is nothing but a fad. The characters we have and are getting are more deserving than he is.
>>
>>318083516
Amiibo festival is bombing HARD over there, it would be Nintendo's biggest blunder of the year if Codename STEAM didn't exist.
>>
>>318080237
>King K. Rool
Who?
>>
>>318083516

>People want game
>People get game
>People are happy
>Hurr durr they will lap up anything

How can one individual be this miserable?
>>
>>318080237
Because Nintendo makes games with kids being target audience in mind, so they treat their fans like kids: "That's great idea, I'll put it on a fridge, now let me make better decisions"
>>
>Nintendo, please add checkpoints to Super Mario Maker!
>Okay, here you go
>Why won't Nintendo listen to their fans?!?!
>>
>>318084560
That's not enough and you know it. Why didn't they add in slopes as well?
>>
>>318080237

Why should Sakurai waste time scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters like Chrom or KK Rool when he can spend time on actual good characters that people want and can shatter social media like Ryu and Cloud?

And maybe the SMB3 Frog Mario will have its original mechanics since this is SMB skin.
>>
>>318084723
Because that would take a lot more work to implement. They're also not nearly as important a feature as people make them out to be. Especially compared to the things they have chosen to add, like checkpoints, context-sensitive power-ups, and the new search portal.

You can't claim Nintendo doesn't listen to their fans just because they don't give everything that every single fan wants. It's unreasonable.
>>
>>318084904
There has yet to be a single Mystery Mushroom Skin that has its own mechanics, gimmicks or playstyles.
>>
>>318084904
Maybe if Sakurai took the time to acknowledge hardcore fans and look at sites like GameFAQS, Reddit, and Smashboards, he would get a clue that K. Rool has been one of the most highly requested characters since Melee. He's ignoring hardcore fans just to pander to casuals.
>>
>>318085252
>Maybe if Sakurai took the time to acknowledge hardcore fans
He did with Cloud, Ryu, and Megaman. People that are still whining are nothing but little bitches.
>>
>>318085579
>Cloud, Ryu, and Megaman
All of whom are third party characters. All of the first party newcomers we have gotten are unremarkable.
>>
>>318084053
>this will be a real post in 5 years when millenials are of age
>>
>>318085790
Are you serious? Smash 4 will soon be a videogame where you can have a 4-way fight between Mario, Ryu, Cloud, and Pac-man. And it's not some shitty fan Flash game either, it's the real deal. That is so fucking cool.

Anyone who's still whining that their personal favorite character didn't make it in at this point is completely unjustified.
>>
File: Abe.png (191 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Abe.png
191 KB, 512x384
>>318085884
Currently Millennials describe anyone born between 1980 and 2000.
>>
>>318080237
Want to know why they don't listen to fans?
Those people you listed were in the minority.

If they weren't you would have been heard like everyone asking for checkpoints.
>>
They know not to listen to the vocal minority
>>
>>318086130
Super Smash Bros. is a series that's supposed to celebrate the history of Nintendo All-stars, and Sakurai is throwing that all away just so he can make more money from delusional fans like you. I won't be surprised if he adds Goku next. This might as well be Mugen.
>>
>>318086154
I thought Millennials were people born in 1995 or later.
>>
>>318086485
This

I'm from 96 but I was an outcast and what not
>>
>>318082446
Metroid is one of the original Nintendo games and belive it or not has quite a few games.

OoT is the most famous Zelda game

Galaxy is also one of the more popular Mario games amongst fans as of late. While Daisy was seen in one game, missing from the sequel and was delegated to spin offs and never quite reached that level of popularity.

Any questions?
>>
>>318086485
it's a marketing buzzword, chose what is convenient to your book
>>
Why are K. Roolfags so convinced that they're some overwhelming supermajority?
>>
>>318086380
>Super Smash Bros. is a series that's supposed to celebrate the history of Nintendo All-stars

You're a delusional idiot. It's a game series designed to make more money than it costs to make. Grow up.
>>
>>318086485
Honestly, it would make sense for it to be for people born in the decade/century after a millennium has gone by.
>>
>>318086380
/tips
>>
>>318085058

I lay down on my couch corrected then.
>>
>>318085252
>K. Rool has been one of the most highly requested characters since Melee.
I really hope you're kidding, not even hardcore Smash fans care for the fat croc. K. Rool fans are in a severe minority.
>>
Why did all the Ridley fags flock to K. Rool?
>>
>>318087213
Who knows even with the existing fans they're still really small.
>>
>>318087213
Complacency. They couldn't take the depression of Mewtwofags getting their way when they didn't, so they settled on a smaller scaley.
>>
>Love MM and Skull kid
>Never see him smash even when fans have BEGGED
>Have a trophy of him instead :^)
>Hyrule warriors comes along
>Roster is fairly small so chances of Skull kid being in seems definite
>Lol nope but heres a DLC based on it :^)
>Hyrule warriors for 3DS is our final hope

WHY
WONT
THEY
JUST
INCLUDE
FUCKING
SKULL KID IN SOMETHING

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK
>>
>>318088568
Because no one cares about him in smash.
Also he's most likely going to be DLC in the Wii U version of HW.
>>
>>318085790
>little mac is unremarkable
>villager is unremarkable
>shulk is unremarkable
>robin is unremarkable
>duck hunt is unremarkable

But no, we didn't get a fat crocodile so I guess the roster is shit.
>>
>>318089056
>little meme
>shitty character from a game rehashed more than CoD
>just fucking punches

>villager
>le ebin randum xdddd fighter with randum moves
>le silly bowling ball attack xdddd

>weeaboo anime swordsman garbage

>weeaboo anime half swordsman half shitty spammer trash

>shitty relic dog spamming trash

L
O
L

Epic newcomers sm4shfriends!
>>
>>318080237

They only send in poor employees to watch this place once a month.
>>
File: 111.jpg (24 KB, 258x280) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
24 KB, 258x280
>Daisy
>Rool
>Chrom

Okay, heres my post, there, you won 5 seconds of my life with your pathetic bitching.
>>
>>318088802
No he wont already got a Costume for the blue bitch instead and a DLC dedicated toward him AND the moon is used for a character already.
>>
>>318080237
I don't want to defend Nintendo or their shitty practices, but if you seriously wanted K. Rool or Daisy in Smash you're a fucking retard. Chrom I'd understand but there's way too many fucking FE representatives already. I'd be ok with removing Lucina and Roy.
>>
>>318088568
Skull Kid has already been confirmed to be a playable character in the 3DS version.
>>
>>318080652

do you really think they're gonna bother programming in an entirely seperate set of mechanics for a powerup with this niche of a use/desire? For all four level types? It's either that or having to find an alternate for the other styles.

I don't think it's impossible mind but I really don't see why they'd go through the trouble when more important additions are probably on the to-do list.
>>
>>318087213
Big evil pirate reptiles that serve as recurring villains in their respective series, which after long periods of dormancy were revived and popularized again by Retro Studios. Both series are often deemed underrepresented by rosterfags.
>>
>>318090436
Unless we get the hammer bro and squirrel suits soon, I'm choosing to remain bitter.
>>
File: image.png (259 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259 KB, 1198x1200
>>318089813
>Most iconic boxer in gaming
>Animal Crossing rep, which has been relevant since the N64 days
>Main character from a great niche game
>Unique FE rep, from the game that saved the series
>Rep from an incredibly popular NES title, somewhat of a replacement of Ice Climbers
Fuck you dude. This roster is the GOAT
>>
File: nendoroid-kasane-teto.jpg (49 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
nendoroid-kasane-teto.jpg
49 KB, 400x500
post yfw daisyfags
>>
>>318090376
Source.
>>
>>318090710
>>Most iconic boxer in gaming
Pretty sure that's Balrog.
>>
>>318082134
Zelda have been in many games

the hell you talking about?
>>
>>318090884
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=skull+kid+in+hyrule+warriors
>>
File: 1448123991301.jpg (333 KB, 864x594) Image search: [Google]
1448123991301.jpg
333 KB, 864x594
>>318091069
>>
>>318090918
nah
>>
>>318082134
sheik got in as a gimmick character to zelda

while that, all the single time zelda villains got AT'd

Sakurai doesn't care about what other spinoffs do to certain characters and OC. what goes on there stays there.
>>
Nobody wants Daisy.
>>
File: federation-force.jpg (169 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
federation-force.jpg
169 KB, 1000x500
>>318082446
>Metroidfag playing pretend once again
>>
>>318086380
>Snake and Cloud is Goku-tier! WE MUGEN NOW
see this meme? stop this meme
>>
>>318080237
>I want King K. Rool and Chrom in Smash
>I want a Daisy costume in SMM
>now I want Frog Mario as a power-up in SMM
>it's in... as a costume

there you go op, I fixed it for ya
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (97 KB, 1552x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
97 KB, 1552x720
>>318087213
because they made a promise?

why do people keep forgeting about that K.Rooley shit they gather up back in 2013/2014?
>>
>>318088568
>people begged for a one-off zelda character to be in Smash
this is some real Genofag-tier autism go on here.
>>
>>318090004
you almost got quints dude
>>
>>318080237
BECAUSE FAK YOU GAIJIN! WE KNOW BETTA DAN YOU!
>>
>>318080237
Why does op refuse to stop posting on /v/
>>
Funny how people like to be contrarian just to support/defend Nintendo/Sakurai's shit decisions and won't admit they fucked up.

>>318086380
>>318082042
>>318084389
All of these are valid critiques, especially >>318082042.
>>
>>318094305
>All of these are valid critiques
the first one isn't
>>
>>318094305
They didnt fuck up

They saw americans killing each other in the stores for amiibos during an unrelated shipping strike and decided to become exactly the same as all the other publishers

Lazy and greedy, slowly trickling out figures and half assed dlc like everyone else is doing.
>>
>>318086887
They've spent too long in an echo chamber like /v/ or one of the other places that love him and forget that there's an entire world full of Smash fans that don't necessarily belong to these communities.

Doesn't help that there was that one dope who started spreading the "Japan loves K. Rool too" bullshit because he saw a couple Japanese tweets supporting him.
>>
>>318094825
It is. Smash is losing its original vision of bringing Nintendo's greats, and in the case of this game, intentionally ignoring it in favor of the creator's favoritism.

>>318095175
They fucked up by choosing to appeal the same crowd that dropped the Wii after playing it for a month and went to mobile markets. When they couldn't get that same audience with the Wii U, they went back on their promise of appeasing their core base and wanted the same numbers the Wii had, not realizing that crowd was long gone.

Who the fuck wanted Amiibo Festival, Smash Tour, and Tri Force Heroes? And Amiibo may be selling like hotcakes, but eventually that'll lose its steam when they realize they need actual games instead of HD rereleases and rushed rom hacks.
>>
>>318095920
The fans are the ones that wanted third parties. You can't say "HOW DARE THEY NOT LISTEN TO FANS" and then get mad because they did and it just happened to turn out that what you wanted wasn't what the majority wanted.

This thread would be more honest if it just said "Why does Nintendo refuse to listen to ME"
>>
File: 00000000-30.png (1 MB, 1256x704) Image search: [Google]
00000000-30.png
1 MB, 1256x704
>>318095920
>It is.
it's not.

Smash has been and always been just a crossover game and Sakurai said nothing about non-video game characters having a shot in Smash

hell he even said the guest characters appearing on a Nintendo is just a courtesy, not a requirement

unless you're going to keep on crying until your loser kroc joins the fray or an already de-confirmed character get in the main roster, you may as well just completely fuck off.
>>
What's with the autists in this thread calling them jews? I mean, yeah, it's a stupid as fuck decision to include a Mystery Mushroom costume but not the actual power-up, but all of the DLC for this game is free.

They don't get money for this, it's just to increase sales, even if they are doing a bad job at it.
>>
>>318096409
>>318096362
I love how you assume this is about K. Rool not getting in, only proving my point about you being contrarian for the sake of it. It doesn't surprise me though, seeing as how Sakurai is literally childish himself with what I saw with his interviews and the like. Even funnier when you realize you can talk shit about everything else but forbid you say anything negative about Smash.
>>
>>318080237
Because fans don't know what they want until they get it. They act like they do, but they don't.
>>
Nintendo doesn't like to listen to fans because it would be them admitting they fucked up
>>
>>318096785
>I love how you assume this is about K. Rool not getting in
alright. Ridleyfag? ATfag? Meleefag? Ganondorf/Wario whiner? Indieshitter? ex-Sm4sh/Melee player that got converted to Project Meme? GoombaDeefag? Furry? Etikashill? FAQSbabby?

got ton of people to pick on
>>
>>318096785
I didn't even mention K. Rool.

There's plenty of fair, negative things to say about Smash, but trying to dictate what Smash is supposed to be about when the creators and a majority of the fans disagree, maybe you should be taking a closer look at what you're asking for.

The point is you're getting mad because they aren't listening to every minority that's screaming out their ideas, regardless of how irrational it would be to attempt that.
>>
>>318091990
Go play your Prime shit Primefag, we want Metroid 5.
>>
>>318080237
Why the fuck would you want the Frog Suit? It was the most niche shit of all time and was pretty much the worst thing to get from toad houses.
>>
>>318085884
You don't know what a millennial is.
>>
>>318095920
> its original vision of bringing Nintendo's greats
It's original vision was an original IP. And it probably would have been healthier for the game industry had it gone that way.
>>
File: Salte Duane.gif (678 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Salte Duane.gif
678 KB, 480x320
>>318098026
>it not the game i want WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
stay mad, metroidfag
>>
>>318097168
How about someone who wants to see Nintendo characters getting their fair share? The minute I saw his guidelines for not adding characters and moreso him trying to justify his Linkin Park OC being on the roster was the minute I knew this game was fucked. Gotta love how you're looking for any opportunity to shit on someone for liking a character you don't. The only Nintendo characters we've gotten so far since release are all fucking veterans, and the new characters are all 3rd parties. How fitting. Wolf probably won't even return, just because.

>>318097503
>but trying to dictate what Smash is supposed to be about when the creators and a majority of the fans disagree

So what you're saying is that if the creator wants something, the fans must agree, regardless? You're admitting that Smashfags blindly support whatever Sakurai does and because they're the majority, that makes it okay.

I'm sick of Smash, and arguing with Smashfags moreso.

>>318098414
I know that, but the original game, when it became a crossover IP boasted about being Nintendo's greats coming in together. But I agree, Smash went to shit when we overhyped Brawl to no end.
>>
>>318098626
>So what you're saying is that if the creator wants something, the fans must agree, regardless?

I think you're shoving words into my mouth because you don't want to bother thinking about your position or even try to understand what I'm saying.

Smash was about Nintendo characters, then fans said they wanted third parties, so Sakurai went along with it. That's it. All of your crying about him breaking the rules that you made up change nothing about this.

Yes, Sakurai is biased. Yes, Smash has plenty of flaws and Sakurai clearly doesn't understand a lot of things. Him actually listening to fans and putting in Cloud, however, is not something worth whining about and saying that it makes Nintendo evil.
>>
>>318098626
>How about someone who wants to see Nintendo characters getting their fair share?
so Ridleyfag or ATfag?

gotcha, bitch some where else.
>>
>>318098026
Metroid Dread? that shit's cancelled nigga

go play AM2R
>>
File: 1429914646705.png (7 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1429914646705.png
7 KB, 493x402
>people want Chrom

But why? He's terrible and we already have enough shitty FE rep clones.
>>
>>318099067
>then fans said they wanted third parties
No? The third parties was purely Sakurai stroking Kojima's dick, and it was gonna happen in Melee. All that happened was that Sakurai had enough time to implement Snake and decided to have people ask for another. Otherwise, prior to that trailer, people were asking for Nintendo characters and Sonic/Mega Man were the only ones people took seriously, for good reason. I understand fully what happened, and what happened was Sakurai tried to surprise everyone, and even then people were mad about Snake.
>>
>>318099623
>People didn't want a fuck load of ridiculous third parties prior to Snake's inclusion

Alright buddy, you can think whatever bullshit you want, I won't interrupt your fantasy, just try and keep it off the internet next time.
>>
>>318099898
I get you were sucking your mom's titties back then, so you think I'm just talking out my ass, but people weren't really wild on 3rd parties until the trailer. You had Sonic, Mega Man and maybe Simon. All being on Nintendo consoles. Anyone else was considered stupid. The main focus was Nintendo characters until Sakurai asked fans to request 3rd parties.

Fucking underage.
>>
>>318080237
>people wanted k.rool in smash
no, a group of neets from 4chan wanted k.rool in smash

the grand stupid majority wanted goku and cloud. I shat a brick when cloud was announced
>>
File: 3rdParties (small).png (558 KB, 1203x890) Image search: [Google]
3rdParties (small).png
558 KB, 1203x890
>>318099623
companies wanting X in Smash counts as people wanting something in Smash.

but whatever, keep on being deluded.
>>
>People want K.rool?
Wasn't that just /v/ and reddit communities though?

Mahjong is huge in Japan, like Poker huge. There are more Mahjong games than we have shooters. Don't assume based on your limited views.

>it's in... as a costume
This is one is a legitimate complaint, we also need a bunch of other stuff in SMM though.
>>
>>318100189
The official Melee poll had fucking James Bond and Banjo-Kazooie in high positions. People have been crazy about the idea of third parties since before Brawl, how seriously they were taken depended on the community but it was always a huge topic of discussion. It wasn't even a question of whether or not people wanted it as much as it was whether or not they thought it was allowed. Once they saw it was allowed people went apeshit and they started to raise their voices about it more.

Maybe you didn't see it in whatever community you stuck with but it was always there.
>>
>>318100681
the James Bond and BK thing apparently came from a lot of kids believing the two characters belonged to nintendo.
>>
>>318100406
>Posting Snake as an example when I literally mentioned Snake was the reason why said rule came to pass

And even funnier, Sonic was the only other third party added.

>>318100681
>James Bond
Due to Goldeneye's success.
>Banjo-Kazooie
2nd party at the time.
>>
File: Seven Rong Rears Rago.png (128 KB, 1317x252) Image search: [Google]
Seven Rong Rears Rago.png
128 KB, 1317x252
>>318100393
>the grand stupid majority wanted goku and cloud.
and they got Cloud. even, since Snake, SE wanted Cloud. he had nothing stopping him getting into Smash other than made up fan rules.

you nintenkids need to stop lumping based Cloud with something non-vidya, Sakurai said thrice he's never ever happening.
>>
>>318100837
>>Posting Snake as an example when I literally mentioned Snake was the reason why said rule came to pass
Sakurai has never ruled out the idea of adding big and vidya 3rd parties into Smash

since Melee, Kojima just came by and pleaded Sakurai to add Snake in Smash. he just went on and said "Okay! Let's do it!"
>>
>>318100858
speak for yourself, nintoddler
>>
>>318101324
sure thing, /v/.
>>
>>318100837
>Due to Goldeneye's success

So what, the discussion is on whether or not fans wanted third parties. They did, and the most popular picks were successful and popular characters.
>>
>>318101120
Which is EXACTLY what I said.
>>
>>318098462
>>318099307
I hope that Prime shit gets cancelled so none of you Primefags can ever get a Prime game again. Also Dread was put on hold dipshit. Sakamoto wanted to restart the project. Also Traditional Metroid for NX was pretty much confirmed by Takahashi last year at e3. When that game is announced at that point FF will be completely dead & this series could finally return to its roots no more Prime.
>>
>>318090436
SMM is basically 'we're running out of ideas so lets jerk off our fanbase'.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't put every form they could pull out their asses to keep the nostalgia fags curling their toes.

>oh you remembered the frog AND the hammer bros costume?
>you know how to get me rock hard as always nintendo
It's sad that they wouldn't immediately go out of their way to keep nostalgia-fags extra hard but the game is pure wank so it doesn't really matter but that extra hardness goes a long way.
>>
>>318101932
Problem is that the way they designed it they have to account for all four themes. Any item added needs some kind of equivalent item in the other styles and there simply aren't enough items in the series to accommodate that, so they'd have to make new assets for anything in a theme that didn't originally have it.

It's a bit too much work for something that ultimately adds so little. Their time would be better spent working on actually functional things like fucking water holy shit Nintendo why did you contain it to its own theme that's so dumb
>>
boo
fucking
hoo
>>
>>318102442

That's not true, only NSMBU has the propeller hat, only SMW has the cape
>>
>>318101767
i'm not even your Primefag boogeyman, Metroidkek. Metroid is a shit series and has always been a shit series. not endorsing something new, but instead hanging on pandering old shit every game past Metroid 2.

also, your god Sakamoto said he quits on doing old shit and wants to entertain another different and calmer medium.

the next "actual" Shitroid game will just be another disaster. just watch, babies crying it looks like NSMB, level-to-level other than going to open areas, 2.5D, spriteless, and people whining it's not Super Metroid 2 or Prime: 2D Edition.

fuck NLG even hinted a SD-style 2D Metroid is on the way. i'm just going to sit back and watch you fags cry again it's not the shit you wanted and threaten Nintendo to send ISIS to kill them for ruining
"muh retro ol sckool epik 80s kids Metroid".

meanwhile i'll be waiting for NLG to do another Strikers or new Punch-Out!.
>>
>>318102442
not true at all the only problem is smb which can easily be fixed in a similar way as the mystery mushrom, let us play as Luigi with all his unique features for example. Maybe a bower or peach mushroom that lets you shoot fire that goes straight and peach makes you hover
>>
>>318080237
>>people want King K. Rool
Who?
>>
>>318104096>
>Metroid is a shit series
:P
Lost all credibility with that post, P.S. bitch, Sakamoto is still in charge & the only ones making a 2.5d Metroid would be his team EPD8 since that is the 2D Metroid team. Tanabe's team (NLG, NST, & Retro) can't touch shit unless it's Prime shit since Prime is his game. Maybe if your retard ass wasn't sucking NLG dicks then you would know that. Takahashi stated that a traditional Metroid is on the way & chances are it will be for the NX since the Wii U & 3DS are dead as hell.
>>
>>318102984
Yes and those are used as equivalents, just like Yoshi replaces the shoe in SMW and NSMB styles.

Thing is that SMW and SMB didn't have many powerups so there aren't really any equivalents there that can replace the SMB3 suits without making stuff up, which would take considerably more effort than just using stuff that already exists.

>>318104220
I'd be alright with Luigi showing up, that seems fair enough.
>>
>>318105874
looking at the original Kotaku interview, Shinya Taka-whathisname only pulled promises yet didn't confirmed a Prime and 2D Metroid are on the way nor coming to the NX.

meanwhile
>Kensuke hinted during TF development, the next Metroid games will have focus on other characters in Samus' universe
>Miyamoto discussed about coming back to Metroid and exploring Metroid Blast gameplay.
>Brad Maxim of Next Level Games confirmed a 2D Metroid is coming and will similarly have FF's style and basic 'head to the goal' levels than exploration.
>level designer of Metroid ZM and Fusion is busy with Federation Force

also, Miyamoto said Takahashi is charge of the Metroid series now basically confirming what the other anon said. (Sakamoto retiring moving away from classics, focus on doing more personal projects.)

if you're honestly hoping Metroid to go back to it's former roots, i suggest you keep your standards low and just stick with AM2R or Axiom.
>>
>>318106913

They could just make 8/16-bit versions, like they did with all the setpieces

Heck, they could just make SMB Mario green, like how he turns white with the Fire Flower
>>
>>318080485
>>
>>318107931

>Brad Maxim of Next Level Games

Wait, wasn't that the fake insider that was posting around /v/ after Federation Force got announced?
>>
>>318108104
anons tracked down the OP and found his LinkedIn
>>
>>318080237
they do listen to fans, it's that its usually only Japanese fans
>>
>>318107931
> Miyamoto said Takahashi is charge of the Metroid series now
Confirmed for being retarded

Tanabe: "I'm the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

The Prime game Miyamoto & Takaha were talking about was Federation Force, we don't know what the Traditional Metroid game is.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.