[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently beat Persona 4 and really enjoyed it. It's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: SMTIV_US_COVER.jpg (329 KB, 1500x1334) Image search: [Google]
SMTIV_US_COVER.jpg
329 KB, 1500x1334
I recently beat Persona 4 and really enjoyed it. It's the only game from its series I've ever played and I wanted to get P3 next, however I wanted to try Shin Megami Tensei. There are many SMT titles and I know nothing about them, so which one would be a good introduction to the series?
>>
just pick one and play
>>
IV would be a good intro. Then play Nocturne if you want to play the best. Soul Hackers is a really good old school one to play, too.
>>
>>318078681
How do you "beat" a game about talking to girls?

How do you bring yourself to play a game so... just...

Why?
>>
>>318078681
I say emulate DeSu, Nocturne, or SJ.
>>
4 has the most forgiving mechanics while still being fairly challenging. It's story is pretty great as well.

Nocturne is probably the most "pure" SMT, absolutely perfect gameplay if you can forgive somewhat obtuse mechanics and a high random encounter rate. Story and characters are pretty barebones but a lot of people like it so YMMV.

I and II are worth playing if you're a mad fan of the series, especially since II probably has the craziest story imo.

If you liked the waifu simulator shit from P4, then P3 is worth a shot. P2 is a way better game though imo.

Avoid PQ unless you like fanserv
>>
>>318078681
I found nocturne a great intro to the series
>>
>>318078681
STRANGE JOURNEY
>>
File: Arthur.png (83 KB, 280x360) Image search: [Google]
Arthur.png
83 KB, 280x360
>>318079476
I look forward to your successful escape.
>>
File: arthur.png (2 MB, 1892x563) Image search: [Google]
arthur.png
2 MB, 1892x563
>>318079818
>>
>>318079232
I can't ever recommend 4 to first timers because of how rough the first couple of hours are. Most other SMTs have a smoother difficulty curve, in SMT4 everything is very powerful at start, there's no way to cover your weaknesses at start, and then you have to go up against a boss with a melee attack that's strong enough to one shot anyone you can recruit up until that point unless you grind up to fuse a resistant or physical immune demon or grind to get a demon with debuffs. Once you get past the Minotaur and Medusa though, it's smooth sailing through the rest of the game since you're actually high enough level to fuse some useful demons. If anyone does play SMT4 first, I recommend getting the app that lets you fuse demons above your level since it both carries over to new games and will get you useful demons far before you'd normally be allowed to fuse them.

Strange Journey probably has the easiest first dungeon in SMT, and Nocturne isn't so bad outside of hard either. I'd say SJ would be the best intro to SMT unless you really, really hate first person navigation and maps.

Honorable mention to DDS.
>>
>>318080092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-cori12KU
>>
Play 4, it should play well with a Purseowner like you, faggot.
>>
>>318080274
I dunno if I'd recommend SJ to a first timer though, Mem Aleph is just absurdly difficult. Much more than the first few hours of Naraku.

I mean, I feel like dangling the ending that far from a new player might discourage them from trying the others.
>>
File: 9mrWGf5.png (273 KB, 960x718) Image search: [Google]
9mrWGf5.png
273 KB, 960x718
>>318080679
>final boss is hard
Well excuse me princess.
>>
>breeze through naraku
>get shit on by every boss in tokyo
>go on /v/
>everybody saying that naraku is hard and the rest of the game is piss easy
did i get a beta copy or something?
>>
>>318081325
Minotaur and Medusa are actually quite difficult unless you're overleveled
>>
>>318081426
I must have been overleveled then. Last time I played, I breezed through the cleaning corpses mission just to be obliterated by dullahan (i think that's her name. the headless robot woman). should i be grinding? i'm above level 25 if that helps
>>
File: gays.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
gays.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>318081898
>should i be grinding?
>>
>>318081898
>should i be grinding?
No. Grinding and trying to brute force it doesn't really work in SMT. Recruit/fuse demons, and make sure you cover your weaknesses and exploit the enemies weaknesses. Buffs/debuffs are also really useful. Dullahan is weak to electric, so just spamming zio skills should make quick work of her.
>>
>>318081898
>not grinding
>in an smt game
>>
>>318081898
>Grinding
Will give you a +1 to str and Luck on MP-type demon after hour of work maybe
You don't grind in SMT, you fuse useful demon that covers your weaknesses and overcome challenge
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.