[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
do people only enjoy it because it was their first final fantasy or something because the story is terrible the combat system is nothing new or innovative and whoever made these dungeons is a moron
>>
Is this game GUD?
Ive been looking at the ps4 and Vita versions
>>
i dont get it either

i played XII and fucking loved it so i went to this expecting the same and it was laughable

i guess i couldve given it more of a chance but jesus fucking christ the voice acting/story is unbearable
>>
>>318077852
no its not the combat system is decent but there are other games that do it better every other part of the game is terrible
>>
>>318077670

The story is good, the combat and stat growth systems were extremely innovative and were copied by a million fucking games and still are to this day.

You're an underage retard.

>>318077852

The ports are bad, play or emulate the original.
>>
I liked it when it came out but I don't think I could go back to it
>>
>>318077670
It's a meme
Either that or people want other people to go into it trying to find quality in order to have a superior experience. That's a double edged sword definitely in this case though because it could cause false expectations which it certainly did for me.
>>
>>318077670
I got into Final Fantasy with VI, back when I was a kid. About a year ago I was like 'why haven't I played any of the others?' and decided to give FFX a shot.

Imagine my reaction when I was expecting the same fucking amazing opening from VI, but instead got some little justin bieber playing football in a generic futuristic city. I vividly remember being actually shocked. All I could think was WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!?!?!?
>>
File: big lebowski.jpg (74 KB, 394x406) Image search: [Google]
big lebowski.jpg
74 KB, 394x406
>>318077670
>>
>>318078006
the story was beyond terrible I mean just look at the villain he literally wants to destroy the world to stop suffering did they outsource the writing to a group of chimps?
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>318077852
Get PS4 version it's the best because they updated the graphics again also kept the original music along with the new music.
>>
The combat was some of the best.

And the sphere grid was a way better version of the license grid that came later, because unlike the license grid you can actually fucking look ahead and see what things you'll be unlocking.
>>
I liked that the game rewarded completionism and backtracking.
But mostly I think I really liked it because it was one of my first PS2 games.
>>
>>318078705
It was also good enough that at least two other JRPG franchises clearly copied it Shin Megami in Devil Saga and Tales in Xillia
>>
>that first time Auron joined you in Luca and he was the first party member with 1000+hp

Even mechanically they wanted you to be in awe of him.

heh... awe-ron
>>
>>318079552
digital devil saga is one of the weakest smt games from a gameplay perspective and tales is an action rpg
>>
>>318078517
Better than 12's villain.

12 was even worse written, you can practically draw lines in the game where different creative directions completely clashed and contrasted each other.
>>
>>318079917
He's talking about Sphere Grid. Although I disagree, the only real copycat of Sphere Grid is Path of Exile.
>>
>>318080147
hahaha no a villain who wants to save the world by destroying it will always be at the bottom with mass effect 3 and star ocean 4
>>
>>318080308
>>318078517
>Seymour
>THE villain

Ayy lmao
>>
>>318080308
Who cares about motivation. At least Seymour directly antagonized your group. Popping up to fight you and interfere.

Vayne barely interacted with you at all during the game, and left people scratching their heads over why they were even fighting him in the end

>uhh... ok Ashe decided to give the Occuria the middle finger and not seek revenge...
>only she's going to seek revenge?
>the only two party members that have any gripe with him are Ashe and Vaan (pffft)
>the mission is to stop him waging war on... the country he's already at war with??

The game pussyfooted around so much on trying to seem grey and mature that ultimately there was no real feeling behind anything.
>>
>>318080606
a villain without motivation is hollow boring and undeserving of any screen time
>>
>>318081450
Yet heroes with no motivation are worse, so XII loses out again.
>>
>>318080606
ashe got over her desire for revenge after realizing they fought vaybe because they wanted to stop another war from breaking out
>>
>>318078517

He wasn't even close to being the main villain retard. If you failed to pick up on the fact that Seymour was made out to be a joke and minor nuisance by the game itself then I can only assume that you are too stupid to have even understood the story at all. I bet you think the laughing scene is bad too.
>>
>>318081712
let me start over
the party fought vayne because they wanted to prevent another war from breaking it
>>
>>318081926
who was the main villain then?
>>
>>318081585
ashe was a queen who wanted to free her country
bashe wanted to redeem his name
looks like they have motivation to me aside from vann and Penelo
>>
>>318082556
>looks like they have motivation to me aside from vann and Penelo
Do you need to be spoon fed everything in exact detail?
>>
I really enjoyed FFX at the time because it was my first PS2 game and compared to the PS1 FF games, the graphics and voice acting were a huge step up.

The game itself isn't particularly amazing but it isn't horrible either, I just have fond memories of playing it when I was 12. If I played it for the first time now as an adult I probably wouldn't think too much of it.
>>
>>318082268
Yu Yevon you fucking mouthbreather. The guy who became immortal so he could spend all day every day fucking shit up, while having a church force the entire fucking world to worship him as a benevolent god.
>>
>>318082268
seymour was an antagonist to yuna

Yu yevons spirit/Sin & Jecht by proxy were the games true enemy/antagonist
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.