[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, why do we hate this game again? It's objectively better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
Wait, why do we hate this game again? It's objectively better than the previous two
>>
it gets repetitive after a while, not enough content atm
>>
>no clone wars
>barely any weapons
>barely any maps
>vehicles are powerups
>half the game is in a $50 season pass
>>
File: 1388806713469.gif (727 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1388806713469.gif
727 KB, 200x150
>objectively better
Better for retards I guess.
>>
On a technical level sure, but it's boring as fuck and just plain lacks content for the price.
>>
>>318070469
Hello EA!
>>
>>318070469
>Objetively better than the previous two
OK, I'll bite your bait, you baitmaster.

>No single player
>Lack of game modes present on the previous games
>Lack of customization options present on the previous games
>Level-up system rewards grinding with overpowered stuff, entry-level players at a clear disadvantage. Skill be damned.
>$100 for an online-only game
>>
Everyone that I know that has played it and didnt quit at Beta says the same shit that Beta players had said, looks and sounds nice, but its boring.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
>>
>>318070469

Shill pls.

It is objectively worse than the previous two.

Which is hilarious, because the previous 2 are outdated relics. Being better than 1 and 2 should be a given, not an accomplishment.
>>
>>318070469
you have no idea what you are talking about
>>
As an owner, content to dollar ratio just is not there RIGHT NOW. They'll ad plenty more, but I feel like they should have made launch a bit beefier.

BF I/II were not the end all be all of star wars games. Yes they were pretty good, but just as arcadey. Literally only offered more diverse maps. Between Weapons and star cards there's actually more weapons and devices in Battlefront.

And as much as you faggots want to cry about Clone War era-- It was essentially a fucking reskin of Galactic War era with the most striking differences being of the droid army.

Also, space battles were garbage. Of all the things to take off your rose colored glasses about, make it this.
>>
>>318072184
>they'll add more over time

Unless they constantly give out free content to make up for your initial purchase it will never catch up to how much you payed for.
>>
>>318070469
>>318071347
REKT
>>
>>318072414

I agree and have considered this. I do have the feeling in the back of my mind that no matter how much I hope they dump in, the reality will be it will be minimal.
>>
I'm listening to TotalShitstick talk about it now. It sounds like complete shit.
>>
>>318072414

That's not necessarily true since you have a similar situation to what happened with BF4 at a similar price point and NOW that all the expansions are out we frequently see BF4 threads hit post limit with people discussing the game and how much better it is.

Star wars initial price is bullshit and the amount of content first delivered is so small it may just kill the game Titanfall style.

It could go either way at this point. I'm considering trading in my copy but I'm going to wait a little longer before I decide to get rid of it. The promise of 4 expansions means the game could end up with more content than BF1 and 2 but the issue is that Dice won't tell anyone what's going to be added. $50 season pass is a hard thing to just blindly buy into.
>>
>>318072773
>TotalShitstick

sounds like a reputable source.
>>
>>318073184
Well yeah, he is, he doesn't have any kind of axe to grind with EA and has reviewed their games positively in the past. Also there's footage of the game, which completely backs up what he's saying.

So yeah, you're right, he is a completely reputable source.
>>
>>318073380
He does frequent Hearthstone videos.
>>
>>318070469
oh boy... bait.
>>
>>318071347
Wait they don't even have single player conquest or bot matches anymore?
>>
File: 1418429066120.gif (912 KB, 460x250) Image search: [Google]
1418429066120.gif
912 KB, 460x250
>>318073661
>Doing videos on a card game means you can't be a good reviewer
Did you get dropped on your head as a child? Serious question, I wouldn't like to insult somebody who has genuine problems with their brain.
>>
>>318072414
will they add a higher player limit? No? Then fuck off that's the biggest reason it sucks compared to the other ones.
>>
>>318070469
This trolling should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>318070857
>wanting clones wars

Back to >>/trash/
>>
I don't know what people were expecting. The entire marketing behind it was it felt like you were in the movies, not that it had all kinds of things to do.

It's as shallow as Battlefront, only difference is how everything works. The pricing is ridiculous but It's EA, they jew hard.
But out of the two big AAA titles this month It's definately more enjoyable than Fallout 4. Everybody is sucking Bethesdas cock for FO4, including people on this board. It also has a season pass. Much like they sucked Konami's cock for MGSV. All much sourer experiences after the initial hype.

If EA releases free content like battle of Jakku I think people will start coming around.
>>
>>318074627
>Hating clone wars
Literally better than any war in the OT
>>
File: 1415723154881.jpg (164 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1415723154881.jpg
164 KB, 900x1200
>>318074627
>Wanting fewer choices
>>
>>318070857
>barely any weapons
Senpai you were stuck with one weapon per class in battlefront 1 and 2. baka tbqh
>>
>>318070469
another shitty bait thread.

You know, I wish they made this game good so it shouldn't have to be a meme game. There's gotta be an explanation on why they designed this game the way they did.
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>318070857
Posting pasta for future shill / bait threads:

>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

Bfront II is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
>>
>Not as many vehicles and vehicles are objectively shit in the game (AT-ST gets stuck on everything for instance)
>AT-AT on rails
>No instant action
>No Clone Wars
>No Space Battles
>Hardly any maps
>No real singleplayer
>Dumb shit in the game like female stormtroopers
>>
>>318072012
>the previous 2 are outdated relics
Bfront II is better than most shooters. Frankly, EABF is just on par with other shooters with how shallow it is, and that's a main problem. That level of gameplay is just uninteresting, especially in contrast to the originals.
>>
>>318076512
Simple, they wanted to appeal to as many people as possible.

People hate the prequals? Let's cut them out. Let's make the game all flash and little substance. Simplify everything.
>>
>>318070469
Honestly I'd like a bit of single player with all the hectic nature present in the multiplayer outside of that shitty survival mode. I'd like to feel like a badass for just a little. I have a k/d ratio hovering around one at all times. feelsbadman.jpg
>>
File: 1448215735442.gif (993 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448215735442.gif
993 KB, 500x500
>>318072184
>This whole post

>Just as arcadey
That's not a critique. Gameplay.

>Literally only offered more diverse maps. Between Weapons and star cards there's actually more weapons and devices in Battlefront.
No. >>>318076617

>And as much as you faggots want to cry about Clone War era-- It was essentially a fucking reskin of Galactic War era with the most striking differences being of the droid army.
Confirmed can't get points for advanced troops.

>Also, space battles were garbage.
Better than Fighter Squadron without contest. That quote states why.
>>
>>318075746
>The entire marketing behind it was it felt like you were in the movies, not that it had all kinds of things to do.
Except, the original trailer (albeit cinematic) is listed as "in-engine footage". Just as well, it's common knowledge that graphics are only a small subset of a game experience. The point of the video is battling archetypal troops and walkers and such, so that being underwhelming is literally a game design problem.
>>
>>318076486
>now you get everything
>it's all so homogenized, that any specialization is worthless
>snipers are a card, welcome to Sniper Elite: The Game, now including infinite grenades and a shield -- standardized with every loadout
>>
>>318070469
/v/ hates anything that's popular when will people learn this?
>>
>>318070672
This if it had the same amount of content as any of the other ones including the psp one, no one would be bitching
>>
>Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and Emperor
vs
>Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and..... Leia?

LOL Leia never fought anyone except for firing a blaster a few times. The analog for the Emperor should have been YODA or at least OBI WAN. It's fucked up that they're not on the heroes side.
>>
>>318078074
>LOL Leia never fought anyone except for firing a blaster a few times

So just like Han and Boba?
>>
>>318077819
Except it's completely dwarfed by Fallout 4.
>>
>>318076486
Two weapons per class, plus upgrades
>>
>>318073890
Nope no conquest whitch was the funest part of BF2 and no single player story either

>the empire has used the garrison bonus
>>
>>318073890
The only boy matches are horde/survival and another version of horde/survival where you pick up tokens.

Boring as fuck with no vehicles
>>
>>318078581
It's easy as fuck too
>>
Han has gun battles with Stormtroopers constantly in the movies.
>>
>>318078736
But only if they shoot first
>>
>>318078736
Yeah and Leia killed a feminist on Tattooine so it's not that far-fetched
>>
>>318078143
Han Solo is a sharpshooter and Boba Fett is a bounty hunter. Leia is... a princess. Who doesn't even know she has force powers.
>>
>>318070469
Do you seriously think acting like a shill is some epic trolling or something? Are you even old enough to be on this site?
>>
>>318078736
Did you forget that she did too? Like on Endor?
>>
>>318070469
barely any weapons so why did they not make it class based
a lot of inaccuracies involving the lore like guns not needing ammo
the empire allowing scout troopers to uae what ever weapons they want
storm troopers not wearing helmets
tokens are completely retarded
vehicles are power ups
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.