[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D nerds, what are some fun and viable builds that will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160 KB, 1280x720
D&D nerds, what are some fun and viable builds that will get me through the different campaigns?

I tried to get into it years ago but wanted to kill myself after going through the prison asylum with a fighter.

NWN thread I guess.
>>
>>318068127
>prison asylum

Which one's that? The prison in the original NWN campaign where you find the brain thing at the end? NWN's starting areas were pretty ass.
>>
>>318068465
Yes, exactly. The walking brain was one of the escaped creatures you had to capture again.
>>
>>318068127
>tfw no scat module
>>
>>318068825
Ah yeah. Anyway, I think the class I had most fun with was sorcerer. You can get a movement speed (Haste I guess it was) spell and being able to get through areas faster makes everything better.
>>
NWN1 is pretty easy but you could go through with a Cleric or Druid easy enough
>>
>>318068127
>D&D nerds, what are some fun and viable builds that will get me through the different campaigns?

Just don't be a rogue. You have henchmen for that shit and class itself plays like an inferior fighter.

>there's maybe half a dozen worthwhile chests you don't want to just bash open
>you can avoid most traps with common sense
>all bosses are immune to sneak attacks, rogue's main damage dealer

It's shit.
>>
>>318069127
Here's the truth of every single WRPG ever: If you don't build a frontline combat class, you're not going to have a fun time.
>>
>>318069480
maybe solo WRPGs but party based ones are usually more flexible
>>
>Tfw you played a Stormlord in NwN2
Stormlord had this cool as fuck spell/feat where he'd raise his spear into the air and lightning would strike it, giving him electricity powers. It pretty much made the game for me.
>>
I used to come in top 10 pretty often in the PS3 SSX rankings. I remember when that game came there was a thread out on vg and we all added eachter. There'd be about 50-100 /v/irgins on and everyone would be trying to beat the best times

It felt fucking great getting notifications that people lost to my ghost 50+times
>>
Sorcerer was fun.
>>
>>318070932
>some enemies literally immune to your spells
>fun
>>
>>318072641
That's what your companion is for.
>>
I played a wizard when NWN was released, and made it all the way to the final boss. Then it wouldn't let me rest, so all I had was ray of frost and other shitty magic.

I guess they added the ability to rest in a patch or something, because I could rest in the final "dungeon" when I replayed the game a few years ago.
>>
File: whip mah hair back'n fourth.jpg (91 KB, 600x921) Image search: [Google]
whip mah hair back'n fourth.jpg
91 KB, 600x921
>>318068127
I need a build that doesn't suck once I hit Neverwinter.
>>
>adore baldur's gate
>adore fallout
>adore nox
>play neverwinter nights
>it's fucking horrible

i picked it back up like 5 or 6 times, and i always end up quitting from boredom less than 10 hours in

game was hot shit desu senpai. even the people that seemed to love it were only playing it because it was like a poor man's shitty mmo
>>
>>318074363
It was good for its amazing multiplayer and moddability. You know, when modding still meant custom modules and campaigns instead of shitty reskins.

>never played through the campaign co-op
Maybe that improves it tenfold, I don't know.
>>
>>318072850
Are there class builds that can go through the campaign on their own? Premade NPC companions annoy me to no end.
>>
>>318074453

i actually had planned on doing a co-op campaign run with a buddy, but we both kept quitting and just replaying baldur's gate 2 co-op, which was the vastly superior game

what are some mods that make nwn1 decent?
>>
I'd really like to try NWN in co-op, but the only friends I have that play vidya only play shooters.
>>
File: 13233234234.jpg (12 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
13233234234.jpg
12 KB, 249x249
>>318074567
A dance with rogues.
>>
>>318074485
Every non-magic class.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.