[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after taking everything about them into consideration, who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: 1447695505048.png (1 MB, 954x1075) Image search: [Google]
1447695505048.png
1 MB, 954x1075
So after taking everything about them into consideration, who was the best boss in Bloodborne?

Gehrman or Ludwig?

>"Dear oh Dear, What was it? The hunt, the blood, or the horrible dream? It always comes down to the hunters' helper to clean up after these sorts of messes. Tonight, Gehrman joins the hunt..."
>"Ahh, you were at my side all along! My true mentor, my guiding moonlight."
>>
Ludwig was more hype

I had no idea where the MLGS would be in the DLC, and we already had *his sword, so his second phase made my jaw drop

I also think Maria was a more intense fight than Gherman, despite her 3rd phase being a bit bullshit, and I would rate Orphan above them all too

The expansion literally had some of the best bosses in any From game
>>
Gehrman, no contest.
>>
Neither.

Gherman just got parried for free, and Ludvig got weakpoint riposted for free. They might have felt epic, but they weren't the best fights.

Abhorant and Headless Bloodletting in the chalices were the best fights.
>>
>>318061526
Maria
>>
>>318061976
Maria was piss easy in comparison to Gehrman. Are you kidding me?
>>
>>318062110
Out of all the Chalice bosses to pick, you pick THOSE as the best boss fights in the game? The Pthumerians were way better.
>>
Maria

>>318062218
Difficulty doesnt mean better. But also Gehrman is one of the easiest bosses, gives you too long to stand back and heal.
>>
>>318062110
I don't even know how someone can believe that any of the Chalice dungeon boss anything other shit.
>>
>>318062583
Difficulty matters in the context of this conversation because he said that Maria was a much more intense and difficult fight than Gehrman. Which is largely false.

>gives you too long to stand back and heal

What the fuck? Maria is the exact same way.How is that even an argument against Gehrman when Maria does the same shit?
>>
>>318062397

Both are piss easy to parry. People bitch and moan about Descendant in FRC, but he's a joke that can be beaten without taking a point of damage by looking for two attacks and keeping him at bay. I guess people are just bad at pressing L2, so that makes Pthumerians good bosses, both of which are essentially worse versions of Logarius.
>>
>Music
Gehrman
>Atmosphere
Gehrman
>Difficulty
Tie
>Phase Shift
Ludwig

I'm going with Gehrman here
>>
How the fuck do I beat orphan phase 2? He gives you absolutely no room to do anything because he can always instantly hit you from any angle. I've only managed to do it twice while I was a phantom because his bs rampage move that he finishes with grand slam always OHKOs the host
>>
>>318062902
Still better than Abhorrent Beast and Headless Bloodletting Beast, lad
>>
Out of those two it'd be Gehrman, even if Ludwig's second phase was bananas. Orphan of Kos is the actual best though.

Best thing about the DLC was all the cool new weapons it added, it's bosses were pretty hit or miss overall.
>>
>>318061526
Still Gehrman.
>>
>>318063124

Found the guy with shit timing who can't L2. I mean you make a convincing argument...
>>
>>318062985

>Music.
>Gherman.

I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>318062985
>Difficulty
>Tie

I'd personally give that one to Gehrman. yes, you can parry him, but it's kind of difficult. His attacks are extremely jerk-like and are really fast. You have a much smaller Window when dodging his attacks and he doesn't telegraph everything so clearly.

Ludwig telegraph pretty much all of his shit and it's pretty easy to dodge. The only issue is getting fucked and missing a dodge, but his attacks are still pretty easy to get around. Gehrman being able to visceral you is an added bonus to the difficulty in my opinion.

>when he moves towards you while hopping he's going to do a jumping headbutt
>gnarling and curls up, it's a charge
>when he's going to kick you with his hind legs he preps it up for a couple seconds and it's very easy to see
>the headbutt charge is also very easily telegraphed
>when he transforms his sword beams are all very easily telegraphed
>his sword swipes when you're close to him are a bit more difficult, I can admit, but his stab and swipe are so easy to dodge it's embarrassing. A better comparison would be Gehrman and Maria.

I would still give it to Gehrman
>>
>>318062110

Chalice dungeons and gem grinding are the worst things about BB
>>
>>318063704
Both songs are good, but The First hunter is a bit better
>>
>>318063865
>that feel when I actually like the Chalice Dungeons
>>
>>318063140
Yeah Orphan was easily the best in the DLC. I found him fun to fight against without the frustrations. Plus it was intense without the worry that he had missile guiding tracking like Laurence.

He's a perfect boss. Ludwig is kind of cheap but tolerable. Maria is fun to fight with some decent difficulty. The aliens or whatever were kind of easy but I can kind of see how they could be hard.

Laurence is just bullshit though. No fun. No good ideas. Nothing. He's just a rehash who's really cheap with 360 degree two shot homing tracking. He's the only boss in the souls series who I haven't beaten at a new game plus or above level. I only played the dlc at new game plus 3 but Orphan at that level is probably more fair than Laurence at ng level.
>>
>>318062110
headless bloodletting is one of the worst bosses in the game, he has an uninteresting moveset and sub-dark souls II tier hitboxes.
>>
>>318064446
nice meme
>>
>>318064446
Please scrub, the hitboxes are really tight.
>>
>>318061526
Maria was better then both of them and had better music outside of Ludwig Phase 2. Orphan is also better then Gherman. I might be biased and dislike the fact his phase 1 is a super hard reskin but Laurence is also better then Gherman.

Pretty much everyone in the DLC besides the living failures is better then anything in the base game. Id go with Maria > Orphan = Ludwig > Laurence > Gherman.
>>
>>318062218
>Maria was piss easy
>Gherman wasn't

Lol no. Maria was harder slightly if for the fact they're both parry battles but in Maria's case her last phase will fuck you up if you mistime 1 single parry where as Gherman is easy to parry through the entire fight.

I can't fathom how anyone can think Gherman is even remotely challenging with those huge parry windows.
>>
>>318064446
The only thing wrong with HBLB is the fucking camera because of the tiny ass cave where once he gets within half distance you can't even see his head anymore.
>>
>>318065223
Why exactly are people saying MAria? Her fight was pretty good no it was nowhere near as good as Ludwig or Gehrman. I don't get it.

>>318065378
If she's barely harder, you should have absolutely zero issues fighting her last phase. it's the exact same as her first phase but she has more range. That's pretty much the only difference. Hell's he does even less damage in her third phase for some reason, her explosive attacks are really weak and actually pull you to her, giving you a great chance to knock the shit out of her.
>>
I'd say Gherman just because I thought Ludwig's second phase was easier than his first, and great boss fights should get tougher and more nerve wracking as they go on. I still really liked the Ludwig fight, but Gherman's had such an epic feel to it that Ludwig was lacking. Gherman's cutscene where he stands out of the char still gives me chills.
>>
Just got this yesterday and has a veteran Souls player, I find this games fighting style to feel very different. Any tips?
I put about an hour and a half in and I'm still at the first lantern.

Is there any reason I should rush out and get the DLC immediately if I'm already struggling this early on?
I already blew a ton of cash as it is so I think I'm safe in waiting.
>>
>>318065565
I get maybe preferring Ludwigs but how the fuck is Ghermans better? The only argument i can see is maybe you like the music more. Her difficulty ramped up more consistently with the phases and her movement/moveset were alot more clean/interesting then Gherman charge/look at me leap nonsense.

>Less damage
I'm convinced your game was glitched or some shit. She did progressively more damage against me with blood/fire added on top of her shit. Either that or you were wearing the highest resist gear and for some reason more of her dmg turns to fire.

Maria only took me a few tries but i've never lost to Gherman on any playthrough well being lower level then when i fought Maria. Also the times i did die to Maria like twice she was down to 1/10th but it was because i couldn't dash away and she followed me for like 50 feet aggressively.
>>
>>318065378
>I can't fathom how anyone can think Gherman is even remotely challenging with those huge parry windows.
Yet again, someone complaining about Gehrman doing something that Maria herself does. Maria is pretty much just a female Gehrman fight

>walks, doesn't run. Gives the player a lot of time to heal and gather wits
>has a gun, sometimes uses it to fuck you up
>very easy to parry, even more so because unlike Gehrman, she has attacks with very slow charging periods.
>can visceral the player
>quick charge that covers a lot of distance
>explosive AOE attack (now instead of arcane, it's blood)
>can both be stun locked, Maria is actually easier to stun lock than Gehrman

Unlike Gehrman she can't switch between her first, second, and final phase like Gehrman can. Gehrman also can't get stun locked like Maria can and
>>
Is this game worth $20? Best buy has it on sale right now.
>>
>>318066009
had a brain aneurysm, Gehrman can get stunlocked.
>>
>>318066091
it's worth way more than 20 bucks
>>
>>318065767
No reason to get the DLC until you have the hang of the game since you can't access it until you get a ways into the game, and even then it's more for end game leveled players.

Work on parrying if you're having trouble, since most early game enemies can be parried. Try to keep fights small, and when you run into big groups try to kite out one or two enemies at a time.
>>
>>318065927
My game was far from glitched. She doesn't really do any more damage in the third phase than she does in her second phase. The only difference is that her attacks now have an explosive/fire followup. If you dodge her initial attack, the fire can still hit you but it's hardly an issue. Like I said before, it pulls you towards her and doesn't do a lot of damage in the first place.

She's even easier to parry than Gehrman because she has this one overhead swing with a very long delay that she uses literally all the time (those are extremely easy to parry and dodge). You can pretty much just spam your gun while she attacks you, get a cross counter parry, and visceral her cervix out of her womb.

I couldn't help but think that she was 10x easier than Gehrman was.
>>
>>318066009
Maybe it was because i was using a saw cleaver but i could not stun lock Maria in any phase. Id hit her twice and if i tried to continue get hit out of me hitting her.

I did see that the untransformed Axe can stun lock her though. I can understand maybe if you're comparing the two when using stagger weapons though.

I honestly feel like the DLC in general would be easier with a strength build which i plan to do in the future.
>>
>>318061526
Orphan.

That nigga was DMC3 tier.
>>
>>318066527
I still took more damage though during her later phases i'm not shitting you. But i can understand that maybe when i fought Gherman i was being super liberal with my gun and parried him to death. When i played the DLC it was after a 5-6 month break from every touching the game so i was probably alot more defensive. I didn't even know Ludwigs phase 2 was parriable because i never tried.
>>
>>318064446
I've platinum'd the game and agree, his hitboxes are fucking laughable and the camera is dogshit
>d-don't lock on them cazul
Saying that doesn't remove the incompetence that went into making that boss, the camera is still shits itself when you're locked off and close to him.
>>
File: 1425488263451.png (257 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1425488263451.png
257 KB, 500x375
>>318066527
>visceral her cervix out of her womb
>mfw imagining Hunter slamming his hand into Maria's womb and grabbig her while Maria blushes like a little school girl
>>
File: 107965874362.jpg (341 KB, 1500x1897) Image search: [Google]
107965874362.jpg
341 KB, 1500x1897
Are arcane builds viable at all?
>>
>>318066831
>I still took more damage though during her later phases i'm not shitting you.

Was it the attack itself or the fire damage that followed?

>>318066831
>I didn't even know Ludwigs phase 2 was parriable because i never tried

Wait, you can parry Ludwig?
>>
>>318066930
fight cleric beast with 15 arc, oil urns and a flamesprayer and then come back

yes
>>
>>318066636
>still using the saw cleaver and axe

Go be a man and use the Whirligig Saw or Holy Moonlight Sword, faggot.
>>
>>318067017
i'm talking about if you get hit by one of Maria's later phases slashes and the fire on top because both will hit doing more damage.

And yeah apparently phase 2 is indeed parriable
>>
File: Eyes on the inside.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Eyes on the inside.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>318066930
Yes.
>>
How is the Amygdalan Arm scaling and damage wise? I upgraded the Whirligig Saw to +10 and am between working on the Amygdalan Arm or Moonlight Sword next. Are either of them worth it, or should I hold out for weapons coming up?
>>
>>318067089
>Whirlgig Saw
>A man
Literally Ludwigs 2.0 how is that being a man? Its now the easiest strength weapon in the game probably period to beat shit with.

>HMLS
I want to but i don't have the arcane since i'm on a pure cleaver focused build.

I don't know if you're implying they're easier because they really aren't. They're well rounded for sure but they don't stagger for shit and alot of the DLC enemies let alone bosses benefit from staggering.
>>
>>318067089
>using str babby weapons
>calling himself a real man

lmao

Real men use skill
>>
File: 1392279638152.jpg (24 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
1392279638152.jpg
24 KB, 558x515
>>318067237
I'm getting the urge to roll a new character
>>
File: mfw.png (71 KB, 300x324) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
71 KB, 300x324
>keep telling myself I'll buy a ps4
>always have some sort of emergency that requires my ps4 money
>>
Neither. Lady Maria is.
>>
File: Augur of Ebrietes.jpg (12 KB, 236x246) Image search: [Google]
Augur of Ebrietes.jpg
12 KB, 236x246
>>318066930
Like you wouldn't even believe.
Haven't played the DLC yet, but they were OP in the vanilla game if used correctly.
The DLC has only made arcane scarier that it was before.
>>
File: 1427859086978.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1427859086978.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
>>318067682
>>318067682
>mfw Mariafags ITT
>>
>>318067736
Kosmfags being BTFO was better.
>>
friendly reminder that Bloodtinge > Arcane
>>
>>318067792
>Kos, or as some would say, Kosm

Both work, really. It's all just up to interpretation. Hell, if you wanted to do some mental gymnastics, you could argue that Kosm makes more since than Kos because Kosm is a more full and complete version of the word Cosmos. Kos is incomplete and frail.

Fuck you asshole, it will always be Kosm
>>
File: 1431040976077.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1431040976077.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
>>318068017
IT'S KOS
IT IS KOS
IT WAS KOS
IT WILL ALWAYS BE KOS

KOSM FAGS LITERALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT LIKE THE ORPHANS AND PARASITES THEY ARE
>>
>>318068017
>>318068102
Kosm is Kos' mate. Orphan is their son.

Kosm still lives, and if there's another DLC he's gonna rek the cunt who kill his babby.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.