[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you collect video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Do you collect video games?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>318050757
What do you mean? Do I buy video games primarily just to have them as part of a collection? No, that's fucking stupid.
>>
I buy a few limited/collector's editions when I want to rip the soundtrack instead of relying on the internet, but otherwise no.
>>
>>318052521

>He pays $60-$250 for 15 minutes of music that he can just find on jewtube

LOL
>>
No, I don't have assburgers or OCD.

Video games are meant to be played and experienced, not hauled away and displayed like some packrat autismo.

There are thousands of tryhards with "collections", and guess what? Nobody fucking cares, including me
>>
>>318050757
I only buy games I want to play but I never sell/trade them, so I do have a decent collection
>>
>>318050757
I used to but I recently started selling off stuff I know I'll never play anymore. I've made some decent money from all the GameCube games I had sitting around.
>>
>Collecting.

Shittiest tier of hobby is building up stores of arbitrary shit, staring at it vacantly and saying "Well, there it is!"

Every time I go to someone's house and see built up piles of graphic novels and anime figures arranged carefully, I genuinely don't know what to think.
>>
Why do these threads start out with a picture with some autist's row of shit games?

It's not rare games. It's not good games either. It's always a row of PS2 or Wii games. Like some poorfag or kid is trying to look cool and show off with a row games not even worth $5 as a whole.

If collecting is your hobby then it's not a bad hobby. Think it's pretty pointless to not play the games but I'm not the one buying them.
>>
>>318053341
this.

ppl should just play a game and then immediately throw it in the garbage when you're finished with it
>>
>>318055023
At least it keeps the money in circulation, goy
>>
>>318055191
It's a joke picture
Do you have autism?
>>
>>318055334
If you think these picture of people's collections are a joke then you're pretty new. Welcome to the internet.
>>
>>318050757
I have a fairly big collection of ps2 games, they're all pirated though.
>>
>>318055224
Just play and resell. I always tell myself I'm going to replay games but I rarely do. That or I'll play for 20 minutes and then get bored.
>>
On and off, I recently got back into it. I try to only collect stuff I actually play though I make some exceptions.
>>
>>318050757
>>318052074
>>318053341
>>318055023
>>318055191
>>318055786
I collect only games I know I can go back and play to enjoy. Everything else is traded in, sold, or given to friends. It's dumb to keep a copy of Dead Rising 2 around when that is just a FOTM game, while hanging onto Oblivion or Sims 3 to scratch that itch every once in a while is different.

I collect weeb Vita games like an autist, though, I would never show my friends my collection. I couldn't describe Moero Chronicle to them. Or Conception 2.
>>
>>318055023

>Being so autistic that you can't grasp the innate human drive to collect arbitrary things
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.