[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trailers were better than the game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
Trailers were better than the game.
>>
>>318049569
That type of thread?

Dead Island is the best example of this. Fucking pollacks sure now how to market.
>>
>>318050751
it's true. witcher 3 trailers were fucking awesome but the game was absolute dogshit.
>>
>>318050751
I never healed from that hype :(
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_pLJlVuCw8
;_;
>>
File: 1423351954674.jpg (111 KB, 720x691) Image search: [Google]
1423351954674.jpg
111 KB, 720x691
>>318050851
>>
>>318049569
Battlefront.
I didn't buy the game but I played the beta.
EA and DICE. We all knew it would be shit before knowing anything about it.
>>
Watchdogs.
>>
>>318049569
>>318051331
The arm I've lost, the body I've lost
>>
>>318053518
The memes i gained
>>
>>318051595
>le meme picture
eric
>>
>>318053518
It was like 10000 times better in trailer. In actual game his words were so dull.
>>
File: venom snake.jpg (76 KB, 1061x717) Image search: [Google]
venom snake.jpg
76 KB, 1061x717
>>318049569
>mfw the trailer contained literally every cutscene in MGSV
>mfw there was so little narrative that after they put it together to make a trailer, there wasn't even anything left to save for the game itself

w-well at least it's a good outpost capture and prisoner extraction simulator... right?
>>
>>318049569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgUuhOsHoA
>>
>>318054201
>MGS4: Too much movies
>MGSV: Too much gameplay
>>
>>318054380
war has changed; people like movies now
no.. i mean walking simulators
>>
>>318049569
The trailers shown every cinematic in the game. That's how fucked we got
>>
>>318054380
Yes, because you can either have a 20 hour movie with 2 hours of gameplay, or you can have a game with a terrible plot that's completely incohesive and unfinished. There is absolutely no gray area in between.
>>
>>318054164
> trailer
> "Kaz... I'm already a demon."
> this man has suffered a great deal
> this man did some really fucked up shit
> this is gonna destroy us emotionally

> game
> "Turns out I'm a demon. Who'd have thunk it?"
>>
>>318054754
>We're demons
>We're in for revenge
>Nothing will stop our vengeance
>but first, let's go do some filler missions. So the local mujaheddin gave us a job to take out a local soviet commander...
>>
>>318054201
As a stealth game aficionado, it's actually an extremely good one. I've replayed each level many times to get the No Traces run for all the possible ones and it's been an absolute blast. In that sense MGS 5 was a real treat for me. But it wasn't the game it was portrayed to be in the trailers, that's for sure.
>>
>>318054380
>MGS4: Too much movies
It's not a problem. Lack of gameplay is. But even still it was more fun than infiltrate the same outpost for hundred times.
>MGSV: Too much gameplay
Yes, because gameplay is repetetive and boring, missions are uncreative. You just need to sneak and extract something and every base is the same.
>>
>>318054957
I think it's mechanically sound, but the mission/level design left it a hollow and lackluster experience.

The entire thing is incredibly repetitive. Every mission boils down to the same thing. Wait for helicopter to land, sprint to the destination which is just another guard outpost or whatnot, extract the target, leave. There isn't much deviation from that at all.
>>
>>318054038
>Mocks someone for using a meme by using a meme

Wow, you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>318054896
> ALL FOR REVENGE!
> but first rescue these kids and be a sweetheart

I was promised daily knife fights on Mother Base.
>>
>>318049569
so everything ever?
It's like you don't even grasp the concept of modern advertising.
>>
Now that the dust has settled; do you think we'll ever figure out what the fuck happened to this game. Kojima may be a hack, but he's definitely a hack of a different variety. This seems like corporate sabotage and the shit going down at Konami sounds like it fits.

Do you think we'll ever hear the story?
>>
>>318055897
IDK mang, I feel that kojima has a pretty massive ego and will never admit fucking up.

And because of his previous trolls, plenty of drones from the Kojima Defense Force will do mental gymnastics to explain that the incomplete game was all a masterful ruse to subvert your expectations or some such nonsense.
>>
>>318056040

I think Kojima would have still fucked up the game. I just don't think this is his particular brand of fucking up a game.
>>
>>318049569
To be fair, the trailers are really fucking good.

Koji is better at making trailers than he is a making games
>>
The trailers didn't purposefully set you up to feel all empty and shitty like the actual game did, but yeah. I'm really going to miss being all excited for this game. I can watch the trailers nowadays but it just feels empty now.
>>
World in conflict, but the game was pretty good, but the trailers were absolute 10/10.
>>
>>318055897
I love the guy, but he can't manage a budget and schedule for shit.

People automatically blame Konami, and rightly so, but Kojima is not blameless in this.
>>
>>318055897
I think they just didn't know how to make proper open world game. So they just filled it with grind instead of making exploration, actually good designed missions and interesting AI.
>>
>>318054754
>"Yay, I'm Big Boss now"
>"Oh shit, Big Boss is actually really evil. Guess I'll just head off to fight Solid Snake and die now."

THE MISSING LINK THAT COMPLETES THE SAGA
>>
>>318054896
>but first we should disable all these mines for the local NGO and pick up some sheep.
>>
>>318056339

Thing that I don't get is this: The trailers were well received. Why not just make a fucking game that fits the story you're telling in the trailers.

It's not even like it was an accident. The trailers are meticulously constructed to tell a story that isn't present in the game at all.
>>
>>318056751
>but we have yet to learn
>why a legendary hero
>has sunken to evil
>the series greatest mystery
>will finally be revealed
BRAVO KOJIMA
>>
>>318056995
And that's the thing that pisses me off. Venom Snake's whole character arc just isn't as interesting as Big Boss becoming a demon and getting revenge or whatever. But the game was always built around Venom and giving "Phantom Pains" to the player and whatever, and the trailers managed to give off a completely different vibe. They managed to be more interesting and emotionally engaging than the actual game. It's bonkers.
>>
>>318056995
They also outright lied to us and said this was going to be the story of BB's descent into villainy.

We absolutely didn't see anything like that.
>>
>>318050751
Some Hollywood Studio bought the 'rights' to that trailer concept to make a movie.
>>
>>318057487
Which studio and the concept of Big Boss becoming a demon or Venom? Because that kind of twist is only in the shittiest kind of movies.
>>
Chapter 1 - Revenge

Similar to as it originally appears, except stripped down and alot shorter, getting rid of alot of the 'filler' missions that have little to do with the story in the process. Ends the same, Skullface dies, begin act 2

Chapter 2 - Race

The big difference here will be more focus placed onto the child soldiers part of the game. Eli would have a more prominent role and there will be actual story cutscenes based upon all those tapes we get of his interrogation. There will be alot more focus and commentary on 'race' too, considering the children's culture and ethnicity has inspired their rebellion and return to their countries against mother base. Ultimately, there would be a lot more missions circling around the child soldier issue in Africa. Maybe a bit of commentary on the 'white savior' trope and on Western countries such as America, sticking their nose in issues that doesn't concern them. This chapter will end with Eli hijacking Salenthropus
>>
>>318057340

It's weird because it means Kojima actually went out of his way to make it shitty. To close the timeline gap, he pretty much only had to phone this shit in. It could have been a piece of cake.

Instead, he sunk tons of work into making something no one wanted, asked for or expected. He even demonstrated he KNEW what he had to do in the trailer and did something different.

And it didn't even have the honor of being interestingly different like MGS2. It was just way worse.

Easily one of the more bizarre failings in closing a saga I've ever seen.

Which is kind of why I think we'll see some kind of true resolution some day. But it won't be until Kojima is like Miyazaki's age.
>>
>>318057684
Chapter 3 - Demons

This final chapter begins with mission 43 which plays out the same. A Quiet Exit follows this too alongside Huey's exit. Instead of going to mission 46 however, Kingdom of the Flies happens and Eli's exit to the game occurs. The purpose of this whole chapter would be to revolve around Diamonds Dogs and their 'pride' getting in the way of their motivations. It will revolve around them finally battling against Cypher and desposing of the parasites for once and for all. I think that Code Talker may have a fitting exit here, not seeing eye to eye with Diamond Dogs destroying his
children, which inevitably forces Venom to take Code Talker out. Venom will be committing more atrocious acts this chapter, with him murdering Cypher in all out war against them (however this 'war' will only be brief in duration, taking up 2 or 3 missions in a possible new area). Venom
however, will experience a conflict with the acts he is doing, as the idea is to set him up as being remorseful for what he is doing. This will play out in him experience anxiety and a dissociative identity
(which he starts to have issue fulfilling his 'Big Boss' role, which will play into the truth
ending) where he is seen associating what he is doing along the likes of Skullface (with a possible although corny, scene of him looking in a mirror and seeing Skullface reflected back at him). One anon made a good story theory of visiting Camp Omega again, but through the perspective of Skullface where we witness first hand his torture of Paz

How does this all play into the ending? During the 'war' with Cypher, Ocelot will mysteriously leave, with Miller acting dismissive of it. With Venom experiencing the anxiety and dissociation with the disorder, Ocelot will come back right at the final mission of the 'war' with Cypher, where there is a showdown, he hands him the truth tape. The ending plays out the same way.
>>
>>318057340
>>318057349
I personally have no problem with the Venom bait and switch. It reminds of 2 and I loved that.

The problem is that they handled Venom's character arc like trash. The whole Paz thing was super fucking cool, but there's nothing else to his character. My ideal would be him realizing he's not the real Boss halfway through the game, and having the other half having him dealing with him having to be BB, having to live up to his legacy, etc.

I would've absolutely loved the twist if it led to Venom becoming his own person, becoming his own character. Shame it ended up like it did.
>>
>>318057684
>>318057723
>>318057487

Just watch Beasts of No Nation and pretend it is MGS V.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGaOXU_nB3c

Seriously, if it wasn't for Darth Ratatouille being miss exposition it would've been a fucking GOAT commercial, probably best Star Wars vidya commercial period.
>>
>>318057907

Agreed. For a guy who has pulled off way meatier "meta" concepts in gaming, him thinking "BIGGU BOSSU IS U AND U HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HIM" is an acceptable conclusion at this point is completely delusional.
>>
The idea that this is the official ending of everything and that we'll never see a true MGS game with Kojima again still hasn't hit me.

My guess is that Konami will license the game out to another studio and that studio will bring in Kojima to consult.
>>
>>318057907
The venom twist was not handled properly

In MGS2, the entire game revolves around and builds up to the moment when its revealed to you that the entire game is a simulation of MGS1.
In MGSV, the reveal is completely incidental. It has nothing to do with any of the plot. You could get rid of the truth ending and it wouldn't change a single damn thing about anything else.
>>
File: 1446229587948.gif (918 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446229587948.gif
918 KB, 500x500
>>318057684
God, what would I give to see the child soldiers have a more fleshed out story.

>Imagine actually seeing the children's quarters
>Imagine actually stumbling upon their homemade weapons
>Imagine actually seeing them in Mother Base
>Imagine actually seeing this "Ralph" kid that they kept focusing on
>Imagine actually having Race be related to their plotline

It could have been so good, building up the whole "Boys vs Men, Children vs Adults" tension that existed between them and the DD soldiers. It could have been fucking awesome.
>>
>>318058247
How pissed would you be if that studio was Treyarch, Respawn, High Moon, or Sledge Hammer?
>>
>>318057679
I meant the Dead Island trailer.
>>
File: Venom Snake.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Venom Snake.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
>>318057907
But that's wrong. Venom is not meant to be "his own character". Kojima even said in an interview "Snake will speak less in this game, so that he can serve as an avatar for the player." He said that before the game came out, before we knew the truth about Venom.

Venom is not meant to be a flushed out character. He's meant to be an avatar for the player. How he deals with being Big Boss is how you deal with it. The whole premise of Venom being the player was to give Snake fans a big "thank you" before the series ended.

And I prefer it this way. I can self-insert as Venom because he doesn't do anything that would go against what I would do in his situation. If I were made Big Boss, I'd be cool with it. I wouldn't have any dissociative disorder, I wouldn't be sad, I wouldn't be crying. I'd be deeply happy on the inside that I get to live out the life of a legend. If Venom was made to be like what you described, it'd break the charm of Venom being my avatar for me.

So in the end, Kojima made this game for me, not you.
>>
SUCH A LUST FOR CUTSCENES!!!
>>
>>318058272
My post isn't completely clear, my bad.

I meant to say I love the Idea of the Venom bait and switch. The concept that BB has a double that helps him build up his legend while he does his own shit in FOXHOUND is really cool.

I'm definitely not saying it's handled properly at all. KojiPro handled Venom's story in MGSV like shit. He's just an empty avatar for the player, And I'm pretty fucking confident that Kojima's "Venom is YOU!!!" thing is complete bullshit and he knows it.
>>
File: darpa.jpg (41 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
darpa.jpg
41 KB, 800x559
>You must be sent by the Pentagon to rescue me. Here's an audio tape detailing all the info you need to know. I've uploaded it to your iDroid.
>>
>>318058567
>Venom is not meant to be a flushed out character
Kojima didn't intentionally make a shit character, I'm sure.
>>
>>318058683
Avatar for the player != shit character
>>
>>318049569
Anything blizzard past diablo 2....
>>
>>318057723
I just don't understand why do any of this in the first place. Building an ending that's designed to just piss you off and make you feel confused and so on. Venom's character is well handled enough and his inclusion to the series does fix a few plotholes, but those were plotholes that NO ONE cared about in the first place. It just feels so pointless wasting the last game in the series with all of this weird shit. This is the one time it should have been completely straightforward.
>>
>>318058567

But you do realize that this entire series is a narrative, right? Subsequent games outside of the story could absolutely have a character as a cypher for the player. But this was supposed to be a conclusion of that narrative.
>>
>>318058557
It's bed time. I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>318058873
In that case they seem to have stepped it up for the final game. It has never been to this extent that the protagonist was made to be the player.
>>
>>318058608
>The concept that BB has a double that helps him build up his legend while he does his own shit in FOXHOUND is really cool.

But even that falls flat to the tiniest bit of scrutiny. Okay, so the idea is that there are two BBs so that they can get twice the amount of shit done, right? Basically trying to do the same twist from The Prestige. But it doesn't make any sense when you remember that one BB is completely fine while the other has a robot arm and a chunk of shrapnel in his head. People would immediately know that there are two BBs because they have obvious differences. It's not like you can explain why you see him with one arm and shrapnel and suddenly you see him again without any of that.
>>
>>318057803
>>318057684
Someone pls respond.
>>
>>318058763

It's so poorly done that I think it seriously underlines the suspicions that something happened in production. There's honestly no other explanation.

Even if you think Kojima is complete shit; it actually doesn't take much effort to conclude the story properly. For fuck's sake, it could have just been "Big Boss does some bad stuff in the name of revenge, loses sight of his ideals, his son comes and kills him."

That's it and that's all. The game ending abruptly and using the "THE MAIN CHARACTER IS YOU" shit has been done since the NES era. Kojima knows better. I think his back as against the wall and he lost his vision.
>>
>>318059069
That's a lot of headcannon to read and I haven't gotten past mission six, yet. I still love you though, anon. Have a good day.
>>
>>318058978

That's because the protagonist was never supposed to be the player.

Bad story writing is when you introduce an element with absolutely nothing building towards it. MGS2 actually did the "you are the protagonist" twist. And did it better.

I'm glad you liked it. But it is far from an acceptable ending to 20+ years of story.
>>
>>318054754
>>318054896
>>318055781
>>318056828

>OH NO. NOT ME.
I NEVER LOST CONTROL.
>>
>>318054380
>>318054480
No. The problem wasn't too much of something, it was too little. Both games had too little of something.

>MGS4
Not enough gameplay

>MGSV
Not enough narrative
>>
>>318058986

Yeah. And I find it hard to believe that the other Big Boss was able to build Outer Heaven completely off radar. It was described as being an "independent nation". It's not like it was 20 guys guarding a storage garage.
>>
>>318058763
>>318059163
Throughout the game, or rather, throughout the ending of the game, I was just constantly thinking "this is probably because of cut content".
All of the plot threads that just get thrown away for nothing with no conclusion, felt like I was fucking watching The Room. Volgin just poofs in a cloud of smoke, Skull face doesn't even get a boss fight, the game literally has no ending, Chico dies anticlimactically in the prologue of the game with no resolution, Mantis is just a plot device that flies around and basically does nothing, what the fuck? Why Kojima?
It feels like they had a plot in the making, then had to quickly pinch it off and only like 2 characters in the game got an actual character arc.
>>
File: i1819191.jpg (72 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
i1819191.jpg
72 KB, 486x720
I had such high hopes.
>>
>>318059069
In general, the idea of chapters is bad, period.
Instead of one overall plot, MGSV just had a bunch of unrelated and unresolved plot threads. Moreover, these plot threads don't follow proper dramatic structure. It's part of why, even after you kill Skull Face and "beat" the main story, it feels like that should've been the end of Act 2 in a traditional 3 act structure. But instead it was the conclusion of that half-baked plot thread.
MGSV outwardly wants you to THINK it has a plot structure (hence the chapter title cards) but they don't act as chapter markers. Each "chapter" is utterly incohesive

So what I'm trying to say is that even if you fill in the blanks and finish the unfinished plot threads, which is basically what you're talking about, you're still left with an awful mishmash of random unrelated ideas that have nothing to do with each other all crammed into the same "plot". If MGSV was to be good, it would need to have been totally reworked because it's shaky at its very base structure.
>>
>>318050751

The trailer was shit as well though.

>Wow slo motion while people die and sad music plays LE FEELS MAN.
>>
>>318059623

This. The entire thing reeks of production issues.

Have you ever written a paper for school or some shit at the last minute and then completely phoned in the conclusion to get it out the door? Then you've probably experienced what this production was like.
>>
File: 1445372561109.jpg (163 KB, 1164x898) Image search: [Google]
1445372561109.jpg
163 KB, 1164x898
>>318059163
I agree. There's something about this game that just feels so weird to the point where it couldn't possibly have been 100% intentional. Phantom Pain does a good (Not as good as what anyone would have wanted) job of finishing up the timeline, but it does so in the most abrupt and mind-boggling way ever. To say that the game does this on purpose just feels wrong. Some of it is intentional and actually works very well (Like Skullface's sudden death), but I just can't see the rest being 100% planned out by Kojima. This is the most bizarre ending to a series I've seen, because it can never be explained quite properly. I don't think we'll ever figure out what the fuck happened to this game.
>>
>>318059623
>"this is probably because of cut content"

Remember that info on mgs2 floating around where Kojima wanted to make Fortune a saxophone playing hussy? Or that he wanted to kill Snek. Or making Ocelot go meow?

Is it possible he did that with characters from V and Konami were like, nope this guy is bonkers.
>>
Spore
>>
>>318059623
>Skull face doesn't even get a boss fight
Boss fights are too videogamey anyway.
>>
File: this tbh fam.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
this tbh fam.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>318059727
I kept thinking everything would be related. Most stories start off with seemingly unrelated things happening but it all ties together. TPP... just doesn't.

Liquid and the child soldiers' story had nothing to do with anything else.
Skull face and the vocal cord parasites had nothing to do with anything else.
Volgin had nothing to do with anything else.
The twist had nothing to do with anything else.

All these story elements were just... there. No real reason for them being there at all. So why was volgin randomly appearing and chasing after you? "oh, because his hatred resurrected him and he wanted revenge or something. OKAY, NEXT"
>>
>>318059623
>tfw Skull Face was actually supposed to be a boss fight
>>
>>318049569
This shit right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY
>>
>>318060280
Bullshit.
>>
>>318059623
I hope Kojima can speak about this in the future.

I know the dude's probably still under NDA and that shit can last years. But when it expires, I do hope he talks about all the problems and issues that are clearly present during the development, and speaks about all the cut content and shit
>>
>>318054380
this nigger gets it
>>318059453

MGS games might have a cluster fucked story but at least you always got a sense of progression. You were doing something in some place in some manner because somehow that would advance the story and was pertinent to it.

In MGSV you get Kaz telling you to save some random guy, or extract some other guy, or kill someone because reasons.
"It might be related to skullface" but in no way you ever felt like you were actually contributing to the story, in MGSV you're just doing filler quests to unlock cutscenes that most of the time come out of nowhere.
>>
>>318055897
In making Movies, its hard to pitch it to the audience. Mostly on new IPs. They would change the genre or focus on an actor. Its common place. Godzilla was the recent example focusing on Bryan Cranson.

Video Games can suffer from this too. I want to say that MGSV suffered the same thing.

However it wasn't a new IP, it had an audience. Its just that it had no leg to stand on because the story was fucking terrible. So Kojima made a newer engaging one for marketing. Which makes no sense since no one asked for another MGS game in the first place.

MGSV took tons of money to make and they made sure it was sold.
>>
>>318060524

Same.

Problem is that Japanese devs are notoriously quiet about this kind of thing. It's not even just NDAs. Japanese culture seems to keep a lid on this kind of thing. To this day, we're still not sure about the production of franchises as big as Mario and Zelda.

I have high hopes that we get something, but I think it'll be ages.
>>
>>318059727
>>318060205
also, why the fuck is chapter 2 called "Race" ? Where's the "Race" theme in chapter 2? If it's "race" as in "lets race to our release deadline even if this is an incomplete shit" then they got it right
>>
>>318060564
> in MGSV you're just doing filler quests to unlock cutscenes that most of the time come out of nowhere.

I fucking wish. Most of the time it was
>congrats on completing the latest mission! Here's an audio tape talking about some story stuff. Later!"

I mean, imagine if previous MGS games did this shit
>"Snake, I'm actually Grey Fox's younger adopted sister. Here's an audio tape about it"
>>
>>318060865
It's a race to get through the filler rehash mission because the only reason you're even still playing is to get to those truth tapes you heard about
>>
>>318060871
I don't even mind the tapes if they were done right.

PW did tapes right....in PW the tapes were actual dialogues between Big Boss and some other character.
In MGSV the tapes are basically and most of the time just monologues of exposition.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0YkQ4YKOSw

This one was pretty bad, the whole "hunt the truth" marketing spree was such bullshit as well.
>>
>>318061018

What was wrong with the fucking codec for some people? Not accusing you. But why did it have to go?

I mean for christ's sake. Snake had one in the 60s. If they didn't want to break the gameplay, they could have done it as an overlay. Why the shit would everyone actually record themselves talking about mundane shit and then give it to someone.
>>
File: 1448508324941.jpg (69 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1448508324941.jpg
69 KB, 497x732
>We are focusing on some taboo subjects
>The themes are Race and Revenge
>You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds
>This metal gear is going to be real
>There will be little supernatural elements
>Men will become demons

Jesus I don't know what I'm mad at more, the trailers or Kojima leading to this shit outside that.
>>318059724
>>
>>318061185
Kojima stopped wanting to write codec calls.
You can tell just by how barebones they were in MGS4, he clearly didn't want them but he was clearly forced to make them
>>
>>318061018
PW was excusable since it was a handheld title. A lot of the stuff in MGSV is held over form PW when it shouldn't have been, but I digress.

It's fucking bullshit how you'll do something like bringing Huey or another important character back to MB and then you just get an audio tape of the torture after the fact. I think there were only one time where we actually saw anything happen. Why? Audio tapes made sense in the context of GZ because there were actually things that occurred in the past. But why have something occur offscreen 5 minutes ago just to give me a tape of it after? Why not just have me actually experience it as a full cutscene?
>>
>>318061185
Some people complained it ruined immersion.

They could have done both. Codec for dialogues between PlasticSurgery Snake and Kaz and tape for hidden background exposition.
>>
>>318061360
I just fucking hated that scene.

The trailers tried to make it out that torture was terrible and they are sick fuckers for doing it.

In the game its so underwhelming and they still want to be a part of DD.

God the whole thing is tone deaf.
>>
>>318061283
>There will be little supernatural elements
Eh he got that right. Parasites even explain the Cobra Unit powers now.

also
"There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.” -Kojima

What was this deluded fuck talking about? I admit that I'm a Kojima fanboy and wasted more time than I would like to admit defending the fucker on the internet but jesus fuck.
>>
>>318061472
We all know it but never say it. They tried to streamline V for a newer audience while maintaining story in the background with tapes.

It "worked" in Bio Infinite among whatever other piece of shit game that does it.
>>
>>318059529
What was even a point of BB doing shit in Foxhound again? How exactly it helped to build a nation? Or it was ruse for Patriots? But if there're two Big Bosses I'm pretty fucking sure Cipher will know there's that Diamond Dogs PMC which has Big Boss as its leader.

I expected Big Boss to fight his shit out with Cipher in MGS5 but be broken in the end. So Cipher will force him to serve in Foxhound as his icon soldier, as Zero always wanted. But BB isn't truly broken and super secretely building his own nation. But MGS5 has nothing like that. Instead of Cipher we fight some side freak who has absolutely idiotic motivation and don't even has a boss fight. He dies like a bitch. What a letdown.
>>
>>318061669
Even the cutscene where Quiet arrives on motherbase, the music that starts playing when PlasticSurgery Snake says "when the time comes I'll pull the trigger" it's so much better in the trailer compared to the actual game....

listen to this shit
Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpHGylC3r0

Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F59WGfJF3TY
>>
>>318061472
Yeah, it's like kojima threw the baby out with the bathwater.
Sure, it could be bullshit how snake in the older games would get a codec call every 5 seconds to tell him something like "to use the ladder, press the action button!" but they could've made that into the calls that take place in real time without interrupting you (which is what they did in MGSV) but at the same time they could've still included an actual codec so you could call miller, ocelot, huey, or whoever else to ask about weapons, locations, and all the usual quirky nonsense that people will talk about in MGS games. I miss talking to paramedic about B-movies. Why can't I discuss spaghetti westerns with Ocelot? Why do I only get tapes from Miller instead of actually talking to him?
>>
>>318061868
BB is fucking bitches and drinking green wine in southern Spain.
>>
>>318061721
A part of me never got off the ruse cruise and actively waiting for this never before done thing to be some patch that soothes our Phantom Pain.

But I know it'll never happen and I just need to go ahead and beat it. And get on with my life.
>>
>people watch trailers for 10 times before release
>wow why cutscebes didn't surprise me for 11th time?
>>
>>318062148
>spot the drone
>>
>>318061932
Jesus, its like all of Sutherland's best lines were cut
>>
>>318062148
>reading comprehension is fucked
you could watch the trailers just once, there's still every important cutscene there.

stop defending Kojimbo, he wont suck your cock and sure as hell doesn't care about what we're saying about him.
>>
>>318062148
Old Jap men crafted my childhood with their Jap games. You knew what you was doing Kojima, go back to Twitter and let me shitpost your game.
>>
File: prog4-2.jpg (118 KB, 904x602) Image search: [Google]
prog4-2.jpg
118 KB, 904x602
>mindbroking children
>raping young girl
>bomb in the vagina
Holy shit this guy is fucking evil! I wonder how interesting he will be in main game-
>let's talk, big boss
>fallen debris kills him
>>
>>318062148
kojima pls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5UEbD4Gdw

not a trailer but
>>
File: ocelot hand gesture.gif (474 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ocelot hand gesture.gif
474 KB, 320x180
You know, going back to PW, the idea backstory that they've created about Big Boss is nonsensical garbage.

Okay, so you're telling me that BB defected from the USA in the early 70s and since then has been a KNOWN leader of a private military nation equipped with nuclear weapons? So why the FUCK was it a surprise to anyone in the world when it was "revealed" during MG1 that he was the leader of a private military nation equipped with nuclear weapons? He didn't exactly keep that shit a secret in the 70s and 80s. He was a legend among people all over the world. You can't tell me nobody saw this coming.

In fact, why the fuck did the US gov't allow BB to take back control over their elite special operations unit in the 90s at all? Did everyone forget about what he's been up to?

They also totally fucked up Ocelot. Suddenly he's the cool-headed voice of reason even though in all other games set before or after MGSV he's been batshit insane? Bullshit.
>>
File: b5c.jpg (7 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
b5c.jpg
7 KB, 250x245
>last time I went to /mgg/ it was a circlejerk
>IT WAS ALL INTENTIONAL SO YOU CAN FEEL THE PHANTOM PAIN
>rationalisations up the ass and theories to defend what's plain incompetence
>Blighttown frame drop in Demon's Souls is actually intentional so you can feel the despair of the undead and alike retarded mental gymnastics
>I bet reddit mgs is the same
>Kojima and Konami will go out without knowing the mess MGSV is because it's all 10/10 from gaming journos
>>
File: 1362960282107.jpg (663 KB, 900x1260) Image search: [Google]
1362960282107.jpg
663 KB, 900x1260
>>318049569
Ground Zeroes as a whole was a better package than the actual Vantom Vain.
>>
>>318062509
>>318062360
>>318062356
>>318062213
>they play game for hundred hours
>complain about repetitive gameplay
>they think that two 5 minute minigames will make it not repetitive
>>
>>318062403
I wonder how much of this game was lost due to censorship
>>
>>318062542
>They also totally fucked up Ocelot. Suddenly he's the cool-headed voice of reason even though in all other games set before or after MGSV he's been batshit insane? Bullshit.
Ocelot is clearly dealing with double personality in MGSV....at least he uses two distinct voices so it must be it right?
>>
>>318062542

>Capture stronger, smarter, more charismatic Kim Jung Un.

>Put him in charge of spec ops unit of military.
>>
TPP would've been GOTY if it had not been open world.
>>
>>318062542
Self hypnosis
>>
>>318060280
> Skull Face boss fight
> can only be unlocked after you've gone nuclear and become a demon
> chase Skull Face
> shoot out
> CQC
> As you're about to kill him, he bonks you on the fucking horn
> speech as he's kicking the shit out of you
> sloppy fucked up CQC
> you impale him with your horn

> Rewards:
> Mare's Leg
> XOF patch - makes XOF camo available for development
> Cassette tapes - 4 - story related
> Cassette tape - Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
>>
>>318062403
FUCKING
THIS
Skullmug was the biggest, tastiest enigma that GZ offered but in the end he did nothing, his past was straightforward and boring and his motivations were shit.
>>
>>318062542
That was one of the theories I was hoping to come out of Phantom Pain. Cipher lied to everyone and made him out to be a big legend. Kinda like how they wanted to all along.
>>
>>318062713
>>they play game for hundred hours
>>complain about repetitive gameplay
You're talking to who?

Btw, you get to mission 9 and it outright shows the gameplay is repetitive.

Jesus fuck it's sandnigger time right? English illiteracy everywhere.
>>
File: cover.jpg (127 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
127 KB, 500x666
Halo 5 without a fucking doubt. The trailers were nothing but outright deception. The campaign is dogshit and the multiplayer gets extremely repetitive and boring due to any variety in maps and lack of maps and playlist modes.
>>
>>318062542
>batshit insane
Remember that batshit insane moment when Ocelot told Volgin to stop killing his own men, what a crazy man.
>>
>>318062773
none.

Due to incompetence? A lot.
Sorry there's no big bad puppeteer behind MGSV shortcomings, only incompetence.

But hey you can always blame Konami. It's what all the cool kids are doing.
>>
>>318062873
That doesn't explain it. The recordings from before the hypnosis were the same as he acted after.

But speaking of which, why the FUCK did Ocelot need to hypnotize himself? This is a guy who regularly plays as a triple agent that has so many lies going on that nobody fucking knows what he really wants. And you're telling me he was totally unable of just lying to venom? That's a load of horseshit and it totally cheapens Ocelot's character on top of the shit characterization he was given.
>>
>>318060564
Yeah, those filler missions should be side ops and side ops should've never existed to begin with. And those repeated missions are the worst shit ever, I still can't fucking believe they made such decision. I LOVE the idea of mission without any supplies. It's great. But being forced to do these missions again just to advance story? It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>318062926
I find it funny how SkullFace was another generic villain full of dark evilness that you were suppose to hate.

Yet Huey ends up pulling it off tons better. Almost Eric Sparrow tier. I loved how you can see in the tapes Huey was making shit up it you look long enough.
>>
>>318062713
do you have autism or something you're contradicting yourself you retarded gook
>>
>>318062789
Shit what was up with that? Most of the time I couldn't tell if I was listening to Ocelot and Miller having a conversation or it was just Ocelot doing all the talking
>>
>>318063032
Was that before or after he played russian roulette by juggling three revolvers?
>>
>>318063253
>Almost Eric Sparrow tier.
Huey passes Eric Sparrow by quite a considerable margin for "biggest absolute cock in video games".
>>
>>318061932
>louder = better
you're wrong and retarded
first one sounds like a ripoff of zimmer

>>318062296
literally says the same thing in both
>>
>>318062713
back to /mgg/ and/or mgs reddit you retarded fanboy

and don't forget to cry about how on /v/ everyone is a lying troll that probably didn't even played MGSV and the usual shit.
>>
File: snake come on.jpg (516 KB, 1200x833) Image search: [Google]
snake come on.jpg
516 KB, 1200x833
>>318063369
>mfw there are people who unironically believe that huey dindu nuffin
>>
>>318061283
>We are focusing on some taboo subjects
I am still so mad this taboo thing was not the actual killing and recruiting of child soldiers to fight on your side. It's not that I want to murder babies but that at least would have been a line crossed.
>>
>>318063032
Being rational enough to disagree with Volgin is a pretty low bar to set for someones sanity.
>>
Do you think Kojima realized the "finished product" was soulless and the lines packed very little punch, so he edited the trailers in such a way to come across as more impactful than they actually were? I mean, the trailers presented a better story.
>>
>>318063074
They are both to blame but its not just Kojima.

Kojima set everyone up for a different tone of the story and couldn't handle a budget. Also lack of experience with open world games.

Konami just got pissed and forced to game to go unfinished because it was taking so long. Also killed Silent Hills.
>>
>>318063385
>louder=better
literally no one said that brain damaged fanboy.

when you listen to that the only difference you can listen is volume? Fucking kek. Fanboys truly are delusional.
>>
>>318063451
What was the taboo he was talking about? Was it just the attempted rape during Mission 45?
>>
>>318063109
You can't recreate the meme without the perfect context bro.
>>
>>318063295
Before
>>
File: e08.png (366 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
e08.png
366 KB, 600x660
>>318063385
>zimmer
oh right, the guy that made GZ music and many other great tracks to previous MGS games....don't want to ripoff talent for V. There's distortion for no fucking reason, it's not only louder or "quieter" dip shit. Go suck Kojimbo cock.
>>
>>318061932
>MEN BECOME DEMONS
>Thank you for saving that cute little puppy!
>>
The "need" to be open world really fucked over TPP.

It should've been a series of smaller more content-dense open-ended levels rather than a huge open world. Think Deus Ex's hub levels rather than Skyrim.

Also needed more interiors. Stealth meant jack shit except for getting ranks because the levels were open-air and you could just run around or run away if spotted. They put in things like houses and portapotties to hide in, but there was no point when you can just run 50 yards away and then run back after
>>
>>318063610
I think he was referring solely on Ground Zeroes which VERY poorly resembled Guantanamo Bay.

Though a part of me thinks he chickened out because he wanted more money for product placement and the tone talking about the game was too much for him. MGSV was one of the sillier entries in the series.
>>
/v/ is so heartless. You see the half empty glass and ignore the half filled one. The game is a lot of fun, it's an honorable attempt at open world. I really wish they'd use their experience on this one to create an even better game in 3 years, but no, if it's not perfect on first try you must trash everything about it
>>
>>318063578
Can you blame them? He'd been working on the engine and the game for nearly a decade. That's preposterous. He's spending a Hollywood movie budget on trying to fug the Joos and they put a stop to it. They don't give a shot I'd the game isn't done. They felt like they gave him enough resources and time to get it done, and I agree. Kojima failed MGSV. There is no one else to blame.
>>
>>318063864
>tfw I played Deus Ex for the first time this year thinking how great mgsv was going to be

>tfw never got foxiest of the hounds
>>
>>318063992
Fuck no, the gameplay is tedious as fuck and ripped off fucking Far Cry with shitty PW elements.
>>
File: 1446345865840.jpg (100 KB, 881x719) Image search: [Google]
1446345865840.jpg
100 KB, 881x719
>>318062663
It's hard to discuss TPP because all discussions is either about how Kojima is a worthless hack (he isn't) or about how Phantom Pain is a flawless 10/10 masterpiece (it isn't.) there's no good middle ground to stand on.
>>
>>318063864
You are complaining about different things.
>>
>>318054380
>mgs4 had more bosses than 5
>mgs4 had more gameplay variety than 5
>mgs4 had more camouflage than 5
>mgs4 had more weapons than 5

even in terms of gameplay mgs4 is better, every 5 mins you would eat "muh nanomachines" while it would be "muh wolbachia" for 5
>>
>>318064082
Every thread I've seen is about how he gave us the true Phantom Pain.
>>
>>318063992
I wouldn't be this critical if I didn't love MGS in the first place. If it's some other game, it being "fine" would've sufficed, but the fact that an MGS game feels so barebones, so empty? It really fucking hurts. Especially knowing that Koji's team can do much much better.
>>
>>318063992
Can you realize how pathetic you sound fanboy?

>you either love a game to death or you hate it there's no possible middle ground

yeah we're discussing MGSV shortcomings, criticism is necessary to make something better. deal with it fanboy. pathetic Kojimbo white knight.
>>
>>318062663
This is probably the worst part about discussing the game with other MGS fans. Most are so delusional that Kojima can literally do no wrong, and no matter what he does, it's a cleverly-made ruse.

He could literally shit on a plate and hand it to these guys and they would call him a genius for subverting our expectations.

>>318063992
>The game is a lot of fun,
At first, but it quickly gets repetitive, and then later on the missions LITERALLY repeat
>it's an honorable attempt at open world.
No its not. The open world was bland and lifeless. It added very little to the gameplay, but it helped seriously fuck over pacing and level design. It was added because open worlds are "all the rage these days" and it suffered as a result.
>I really wish they'd use their experience on this one to create an even better game in 3 years, but no, if it's not perfect on first try you must trash everything about it
Have you forgotten that Konami is done making big games? If there's going to be another MGS game, it's going to be some mobile platform freemium scam.
>>
>>318050851
I never played Witcher 3 but I'm always amazed when someone says a popular game is shit.

Why is it shit in your opinion? What game would you recommend of that genre that would be better playing?
>>
>>318064390
this.

>>318063992
you sound like one of those newfags that has MGSV as your first MGS game. or you're so balls deep in loyalism that you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge where MGSV fails.
>>
>>318064009
Thats why I still blame Kojima for a lot of it.

>>318064328
MGS4 had good controls and the MGS feel.

But the levels were terrible. I think he wasted the budget on the first 2
>>
>>318064481
>Have you forgotten that Konami is done making big games? If there's going to be another MGS game, it's going to be some mobile platform freemium scam.
not the guy you're replying to.
i know pachinko machines are a meme, but Konami actually already hired a new team for a new MGS game for consoles....they might drop it like they did with Silent Hills.
>>
>>318064328
At least in MGS4 there were different people talking about nanomachines. That kinda mixes it up a little.

In MGS5, you're just listening to SINGLE character, code talker, drone on about WOLBACHIA and VOCAL. CORD. PARASITES. the entire time.

also ADDITIVES
>>
>tfw I still watch the Elegia trailer every day

It's so perfect
>>
>>318064407
>criticism is necessary to make something better

This is implying another Metal Gear will ever come out. Also wouldn't criticism only matter if said creators saw the complaints?
>>
>>318064390
This is so true. Coming from a fan of the series since '98, MGSV was nothing but disappointing. Though I can see how someone who was new to the series would eat it up. It just missed everything that made MGS good.
>>
>>318064328
I wish MGS5 had cool shit like the Tanegashima and the Solar Gun. Too bad the wacky shit was only for the robot arm
>>
>>318064857
>It just missed everything that made MGS good.

Which was what?
>>
Even mundane shooters like Call of Duty have better plots than MGSV. They also finish their plots
>>
>>318064857
what was everything that made MGS good, anon?
>>
>>318064613
the first act was the only original setting
the 2nd act was snake eater all over again, but free rebels and follow them is awesome, but vamp is bullshit
people hated act 3, I liked it, gave a noire feeling, but the chase was way too long
act 4 was good for nostalgia boner
act 5 until mantis was boring, but new

we also had easter egg weapons, special camos and items
in short, it was a finished game
>>
>>318064613
The few things MGSV did right was the controls.

It hit that perfect sweet spot between MGS's more technical controls and the more simple, streamlined, modern TPS controls.
>>
>>318064951
Games being older than new one
>>
File: th.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>318064915
>Solar Gun

Don't you remind me about Solar Guns anon, I still miss him.
>>
File: 560_0_resize_watermarked_rt_5.jpg (33 KB, 560x499) Image search: [Google]
560_0_resize_watermarked_rt_5.jpg
33 KB, 560x499
>>318049569
>Trailers were better than the game.

So it's like Avengers Age of Ultron?
>>
>>318065015
you mean the impossibility to search ennemi's pockets, no located damage, a clumsy as shit wall hugging, QTEs?

MGS5 animations are top notch, but the gameplay itself is just over MGS1
>>
>>318064915
No offense but did you even played the game? MGSV was too wacky

>Watergun
>Wormholes
>Sillier fulton
>Animal bros
>Silly boxes
>ROCKET PUNCH
>Half naked waifu
>Chicken hat
>Beating up your men like in MGS3
>Playing with fulton and vehicles
>Lethal horse poop

Its more sillier than fucking MGS2
>>
>>318065218
The movie wasn't bad, quit being such a faggot.

Although the new Cap trailer looked stupid, so...yeah.
>>
>>318065324
>too wacky

>Forgets everything wacky in literally any other Metal Gear game

Stop typing and go to your corner anon and think about how dumb you just sounded.
>>
>>318065218
stop watching shit movies all together faggot
>>
File: 1248388283239.png (330 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1248388283239.png
330 KB, 1680x1050
>>318065015
>mfw people praise MGSV's controls

Yes, congratulations to MGSV for finally having the standard shooter controls layout that's been in use since the 90s.
>>
>>318063253
you weren't really supposed to hate skullface though

>>318065532
nope, V does it better
>>
>>318065430
I think you're missing the context of the post but ok
>>
>>318049569
>We will never get what the trailers promised
>This is how MGS ends; an incomplete game full of cut content, missing dialogue, no chapter 3, no Mission 51
>This is the phantom pain that we will all live with
>>
Any Blizzard game
>>
>>318065532
The gameplay as a whole was miles better that any other action game in recent memory, this is a fact
>>
>>318064560

Where did it fail?
The one missing mission (just an extra boss fight)?
The one missing vehicle (that isn't developed until halfway through the game)?
They few helicopters that were supposed to float around mother base as you landed?

Face it, there was no promise that was broken other than your imaginary standards you built up out of hype. MGS5 got raving reviews across the board because it's an objectively good game and provides the best gameplay of nearly any game this generation.
>>
>>318055897

Kojima spent too much time and money on the FOX Engine. He was probably expecting that Konami would keep giving him extensions and budget increases until the game was "finished". But this time around Konami had other ideas, and they forced him to stick within his budget and within his deadline.
>>
>>318065907
Gameplay was bland and repetitive.
>>
>>318065532
this shitty bait again
>>
File: 1448460617664.jpg (31 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1448460617664.jpg
31 KB, 853x480
>KAZ I'M ALREADY A DEMON
>saves child soldiers and animals
>>
>>318065740
Chapter 3 was not even planned.
>>
>>318065695
>Kills your men
>Rapes your children in a brutally realistic way
>Dark and evil and shit
>Wants to nuke the world and English language

Its pretty clear you're suppose to hate him but he came off as stupid and too silly to take seriously. His backstory doesn't justify his actions.

Granted the trailers did a good job at making him try to be likable but he charisma died pretty early and he comes off as a laughable attempt at a villain.
>>
File: 1445985301784.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1445985301784.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>318065695
>you're not supposed to hate the main villain
>>
>>318065346
>Although the new Cap trailer looked stupid

What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>318066016
I'm not saying the controls are bad. I just think it's hilarious how there's a template that all MGSV apologists follow

>MGSV was an excellent game!
Nah, its unfinished, the story was shit, the characters were shit, etc
>Okay, whatever. But the GAMEPLAY was excellent!
Not really. the mission design was repetitive. The level design was bland and the open world was empty and pointless.
>Okay, but the CONTROLS were great!

That's literally what this conversation always comes down to. I've been through this exact algorithm of arguments a billion times here.
>>
>>318066182
wow it's like you didn't even pay attention to the story
>>
>>318064793
There will be.
You think Konami will just let it's golden egg chicken die? They will just give the name for someone else to do something like Platinum made Rising. Konami already said they want to make a new MGS game for consoles.
>Also wouldn't criticism only matter if said creators saw the complaints?
Yeah you're right, it's all a bubble. No one knows or hears anything, it's not like Kojimas twitter isn't full of this or anything.

Jesus fuck these fanboys.
>>
>>318065695
this is just pathetic fanboism.
>>
>>318066194
Too personal, the whole "But he's muh friend!" even though Bucky should definitely be arrested and locked up, Cap thinks he's above everyone else because of his personal connection with said person and will fight literally everyone, destroy millions in property and even fight those who was side by side with just to have his mentally unstable sorta immortal buddy back with him.

It's like a weird gay story if you take the context of the plot and then think about Tony and Steve having their little bitch match. It's stupid and not needed. Where the fuck are the bad guys? I don't need this drama shit.
>>
>>318066271
Just to clarify, I'm the guy you're initially responding to.

I was just making a statement as a reply to MGS4 controls. Saying that this game has some good stuff in it, little as they are, doesn't mean I'm an apologist.

I'm incredibly disappointed with how this game turned out after the amount of hype I got from watching the trailers.
>>
>>318066326
Heres the thing. We did. Its just a shit story.
>>
>>318066437
I have never finished a metal gear solid game in my life, so you're projecting is null and laughably kind of pathetic if that's what you think I was doing.
>>
>>318066540
my bad, I just saw the controls argument and I thought to myself "oh boy here we go again"
>>
>>318065695
>you weren't really supposed to hate skullface though

just shows how the writing was shit, the whole point of the game was to find him and get your revenge
>>
>>318064971
>>318064951
I'll list a few
Boss fights
Interesting villains
Cutscenes, they showed them all via trailers
Codec calls, tapes and radio weren't an adequate replacement
Gripping story
Big twist, they gave the twist away at the beginning of the game
Set pieces
Meticulously designed base with carefully planned guard posting and patrol routes
These are all things that a newcomer to the series such as yourself wouldn't miss.
>>
Yeah, but finally got answers to timeless MGS questions like why Master Miller trained Snake, why Big Boss died in both MG and MG 2, Liquid's real name and what happened to cast introduced in Peace Walker
>>
>>318066715
I thought the point of the game was to have fun running around and laughing things into the air with instant balloons for your secret manly base while hiding in cardboard cutouts of females?
>>
Do people really think the ones defending this game are MGS fans?

All MGS fans I know, IRL or online, are super fucking bummed with how this game ended up being. Even ones that started the series in 2014 due to the surrounding hype.
>>
>>318064407
I'm the first to criticize the game, but I have over 150 hours of game and I'm still having a lot of fun playing FOB. It's just a constant thread on /v/ that people hype themselves up to hell and back especially when a series tends to have a lot of speculation going on and then they act surprised and betrayed when the game is not exactly what they wanted, but what the devs wanted.
>>
>>318066826
>That list

Basically you're upset it wasn't a book and it was more of a video game, okay, I get it now. Thanks for sharing.

And before you get mad, I have never played Metal Gear 5 before, I just wanted to know how you felt.
>>
>>318066031
>go to warzone
>"save" children
>now they revere you
>send them into warzone
>repeat
>>
>>318066643
you never finished a metal gear but yet you try to talk about metal gaer
>>
Dead space 3 had a pretty cool trailer. Never played it tho
>>
>>318067096
This may shock you, but what I said was about another Metal Gear ever coming out that wasn't done by the creator, no where did I say anything deeper then that.

You're assuming a lot of stuff here sir.
>>
>>318066326
Did I do something wrong for not liking the main villain was I supposed to love him? pls explain
>>
What cut content are you talking about? Only not resolved plotline was Liquid stealing Metal Gear that was originally resolved in a single missions cutscenes from which you can find on youtube, everything else is wrapped up.

Kojima made this shitty filler pointless game on purpose, you must admit it
>>
>>318066861
That doesn't count.
>>
>>318066962
>Basically you're upset it wasn't a book and it was more of a video game, okay, I get it now. Thanks for sharing.

Have you never played a MGS game at all?
>>
>>318066031
Put an open world 32 player free roam multiplayer and this game would be

P E R F E C T
E
R
F
E
C
T
>>
File: 1420741007946.jpg (26 KB, 460x391) Image search: [Google]
1420741007946.jpg
26 KB, 460x391
>>318066901
Only the super autistic ones
>>
>>318067136
The story was dumb, the action was too much, the crafting was cool, the co-op could of been better but was still cool, the outfits were cool and being in space floating around was pretty much the high light
>>
>>318066861
>why Big Boss died in both MG and MG 2
He survived the first time. Woah, I just made whole Venom ruse pointless.
>>
>>318067231
Explain what? It's literally in the title of the game.
>>
>>318066962
At least you admit you have no knowledge of the series. Hey, give V a shot. You'll probably love it.

I just don't see how you could find fault with my criticism without having played the game yourself. I find it odd.
>>
>>318066826
The story is so bad I'm glad they spoiled it the first thing.
>>
>build up mother base
>shit is fucking massive but there's nothing to do there
>only two levels actually take place on MB
>one is a walking simulator (albeit a really well done one)

What a waste of potential. And the game never even fucking explains what becomes of Diamond Dogs. Did they become Outer Heaven in Africa? Why did they abandon Mother Base then?
>>
>>318067379
But he didnt
>>
>>318049569
>watch trailers
>expect movie game with long ass cutscenes after every 10 minutes of gameplay
>got best open world 3rd person stealth action game with unlimited customization and hundred of hours of unscripted gameplay
>it's fucking shit

yeah, reatard. you're the reason why uncharted and last of us are so highly regarded. now plz go kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>318067316
Oh I have, I just never finished them. I own the HD version of 2,3 and Peace Walker, 4, and Metal Gear Solid 1 on PSN

I didn't even want to finish Metal Gear Rising
>>
>>318067273
>What cut content are you talking about?
Like whole Chapter 2 is just repeated missions? And overall game feels like there have to be so much more to it.
>>
>>318067365
Are you sure?

Within my circle of friends, at least, the more autistic they are about MGS, the more critical they are on this game.

And I'm pretty sure they're the autistic kind brcause these are the kind of people that'd argue about Boss' will for a good 5 hours.
>>
>>318067523
Am I getting memed on?
>>
>>318067439
You're missing what I was trying to talk about, it wasnt about the series itself but about talking about criticism and judging a game when the people responsible for said game won't even see it.

>Hey, give V a shot. You'll probably love it.

Meh as I stated here >>318067523 I just can't get into any of them.
>>
Should I buy this on steam?
Is the FOB stuff fun?
Will MGO online be fun once is finally comes out?
>>
>>318067486

But it's plausible he did. For fuck's sake. They kept his body alive until like 2014 after the "real" big boss was kilt.
>>
>>318067614
How is this a meme? Not everyone plays the same games you do anon.
>>
>>318067480
Yeah. I remember that mother base trailer. There so many shit that could be done there.
>shooting with Ocelot
>training CQC with your soldiers
>bath towel fights with crippled Miller
>some hillarious shit with animals you resque
>interiors and just usual life of your mercs
>different interaction with different characters
Instead we got nothing.
>>
>>318067690
>Should I buy this on steam?
no
>Is the FOB stuff fun?
no
>Will MGO online be fun once is finally comes out?
no
>>
>>318067273
Mostly Battle Gear and Ground Zeroes returns.

I think Chapter 3 is probably some unlockable thing. I doubt its anything big. Though I can see why Chapter 2 is suspicious. Its sloppy as fuck.

The cutscenes and tone were lies. Nothing was cut. Shit in the trailers were edited to look better than they actually are. Its not uncommon.
>>
Why is Ocelot openly working for Snek if he is supposed to be Patriot's trusted agent at this point, I mean I know he is loyal to BB, but how can Zero trust him after this, also Patriots are fucking undeveloped as fuck, what was Zero and EVA doing at this point, for example? Paramedic and Sigint probably worked on their science/DARPA projects, but it would be nice to hear about them too
>>
>>318067404
I still don't understand are you saying the metal gear is the main villain because sally can't even be controlled without mantis and mantis doesn't do anything to make you hate him
>>
>>318066826
>Boss fights don't count because there not like before
>Cutscenes, don't count because I've seen them all
>Tapes don't count, because there are no portraits to look at while I am doing nothing
>story twist is irrelevant because now I know about it
>>
>>318067759
> Not everyone plays the same games you do anon.

So why the fuck do you even have anything to say about MGSV? You're clearly not a fan of the franchise. Your opinion on what MGSV should or shouldn't be like is utterly worthless.
>>
>>318067690
If you like T/FPS then I would recommend it. GZ is on sale for 8 bucks
>>
>>318067690
up to you
fob is boring and very unfun
mgo seems to have gotten better on consoles with balance patches but on pc it'll be a shitfest since apparently konami doesn't care for anti-cheat measures in their multiplayer games

wouldn't recommend personally
>>
>>318067492
Except this "unscripted gameplay" is the same shit over and over again. AI doesn't change. Stupid american nigger kid act exactly the same as elite soldier. AI isn't interesting enough to play with it and bases are so easy to infiltrate there's literally no point to use your arsenal of different gadgets.
>b-but you can deploy soviet tank and u-use a decoy to lure that single enemy under your tank strike instead of just trank and fulton him!
Yeah, good luck with having autistic fun.
>>
>>318068001
7 bucks more than its worth
>>
>>318068010
Apparently they delayed MGO because they were developing an anti cheat measure.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.