[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know everyone hates on the asscreed games, but are they hated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: acs-gi-bg1-new[1].jpg (332 KB, 1450x760) Image search: [Google]
acs-gi-bg1-new[1].jpg
332 KB, 1450x760
I know everyone hates on the asscreed games, but are they hated because they've gone downhill or just because they've stagnated? I've never played an asscreed game before, but I got a free copy of syndacite with my SSD and I was wondering if it was worth keeping or if I should sell it and just play one of the early asscreed games
>>
>>318044967
It sucks. The only enjoyment anyone could possibly get out of it is ticking a list of things to do, even if they're insulting repetitive and easy.

There is genuinely nothing I can recommend this game for to anyone, based on the fact that the previously mentioned couldn't appeal to anyone with actual thought capacity to make them considered human.
>>
>>318044967
Sell it.
>>
File: 1404589976832.png (13 KB, 744x615) Image search: [Google]
1404589976832.png
13 KB, 744x615
They're hated because they're fucking boring. If you've played any of them, you've played 80% of what the rest have to offer.
>>
File: assassinscreed.jpg (1 MB, 3776x1000) Image search: [Google]
assassinscreed.jpg
1 MB, 3776x1000
They were forced so hard as YOUR FAVOURITE GAME when they sold less and less each time.
>>
may as well give it a go if you've never played an AssCreed before, I've heard Syndicate is somewhat of a return to form for the series. Personally, AC peaked with AC2 and rolled downhill from there.
>>
>>318045968
see but if 2 is the best one, wouldn't it be better to sell this code and buy ac2 and still have money left?
>>
1 is pretty good, 2 is better in every way except mission structure, 3 has good points but was extremely underwhelming when the trailers made it seem like things would be changing on a greater scale.

I hear 4 is enjoyable for naval exploration by itself.

Sales peaked at 3 because people expected the gameplay to evolve eventually, and gave up on that idea after that.

It's just ass creed. Same with Bethesda, if you've played one for any extended time you get the gist of the series.
>>
>>318044967
its a little of both.

it falls well within the formula ubisoft employs with its titles in terms of design and content, and has become increasingly less interesting from a gameplay point of view. i dont have a problem with combat that empowers the player over the AI, but these games have turned combat into a time wasting chore. while this is a series that would do well to play up a stealth-action approach, each seems to get worse with the implementation of the few stealth mechanics they even try.
>>
>>318046475
If you had any sense, you'd know he's saying you should just skip the entire franchise.
>>
>>318046676
this is also something I'm considering. or I mean it's a single player game, I could just pirate one of the early games and call it good
>>
>>318044967
the only ones worth considering are 2, brotherhood, and 4
>>
The controls are still floaty as fuck. Nine times out of ten, getting your character to do what you want takes a lot of fiddling - in a game with parcour as a core component. Honestly, I could get over the bland storytelling and stealth being thrown out the window, if only the controls were rigid.

The camera forces itself into "cinematic" angles which you're constantly trying to counter so you see where you're going.

By the time you've painstakingly gotten a hang of the controls, you'll be bored with the open world-checklist type of content the game consists of.

And then the optimization is shit. Again.
>>
>>318046761
Play the first one and come to the realization it only gets slightly more complex with each installment, still amounting to nothing overall.

1 is good for the year it came out, everything after is a failure to progress.
>>
I actually replayed AC1 recently and despite it's clunkiness in some aspects I liked it more than I remember.

In the process of replaying AC2 and it's also pretty good, better in some aspects but worse in others IMO.
>>
>>318046845
At least London looks pretty.
>>
>>318044967
They are hated because they're popular. /v/ wants to be patrician but has the most unchallenged normalfaggot taste in videogames, so they reject the most surface level franchises to instead play the slightly more obscure clones found a few meters down.
>>
Assassin's Creed was really good for a 2007, early generation game.

It was never properly expanded on.
>>
Mostly stagnation but every new one introduces a gimmick that doesn't really change much of the formula apart from making it easier or Unity's case, ruining combat.
>>
>>318044967
Honestly, syndicate is probably the third best in the series, second not counting black flag that's only good for the pirates. You may as well give it a go, especially since it's already under $40 on pc so good luck offloading your code. The level system actually forces you in stealth for once, at least towards the first half of the game if you go to higher level areas, which is a nice change of pace from being the slaughter machine you are in the other entries. It's also decently optimised and looks gorgeous.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.