[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the intro was good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: FO4_Trailer_02.10.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FO4_Trailer_02.10.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
the intro was good
>>
>>318043454
I have to agree. The intro is the only part I've played so far. Got to the place where you come back to your old ruined home. So far, i liked the game.
>>
>no third degree burns

Bravo Todd, next time open a science book you shithead
>>
File: 1445525567802.png (102 KB, 326x294) Image search: [Google]
1445525567802.png
102 KB, 326x294
>>318043454
>no blinding light from looking directly at a nuke
>>
>>318043454
Same with Fallout 3.
Annoying for multiple playthrough though.
>>
>>318043454
>the intro was good
>you survived a nuclear blast
>good
>>
shitesda intros are good, oblivion for example, skyrim was boring intro though
>>
>not being incinerated alive as soon as the blast wave hits you
>>
ya my first few hours were immersive as fuck
>>
>>318043454
It was fucking terrible.

You know your family for a few minutes before they are destroyed, then you fight a deathclaw in power armour.

its such a mess that moves way too fast, and yet is still too long to be played through quickly for repeat characters because its all waiting.
>>
>>318043804

>only surviving a single nuclear blast

Smalltime as fuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>318043454
Apparently the common mistake people make when playing this game is delay going to Diamond city.

I made this mistake too, I kept putting it off and kept doing wasteland mini side quests for the minutemen and BoS...

Do not do this as it does suck and makes the game feel like the last stages of fallout 3 all over again...

All the good stuff and juicy content is when you follow the main quest line such as going to Diamond city, Institute then Boston and beyond etc

Also Don't Mama Murphy too much drugs or she we will die.. fuck you Bethesda I really feel bad for killing that old lady but such is life and I'm not gonna go back to an old saved game to get her back. I was tempted though.
>>
>>318044130
>moves way too fast

Grandpa stop trying to game. Last time you tried you got a seizure
>>
I kinda wish there was a Fallout set shortly before the nuclear war. Like, you'd have that overly idealistic, 50s retro futuristic world but there'd be that fatalistic feeling of the inevitable end of civilisation just ahead and the knowledge that most characters you interact with and most locations you visit will be dead at the end of the game. That'd be pretty interesting.
>>
test

>and test 4
>>
Wait. You LIKE something? What the fuck do you think you are, a HUMAN? Go back to reddit.
>>
>played as the wife
>me and friend laughed our asses off as the husband died like a bitch
>>
>>318043454
Even if they dropped hundreds, thousands of nukes, there have to be large parts of the world that were never nuked. Those people should have been fine.
>>
>intro
>good

Nah, sorry. For a ton of reasons.

>running past some cops makes a nuke go off, but you can run in circles by your house and it will never go off

>nuclear blast literally hits the group before the vault elevator even starts moving, everyone is magically unaffected

>the retarded idea of having the entrance to a vault facing UPWARD. No real doomsday bunker wouldhave the entrance face the fucking sky, because typically........BOMBS FALL STRAIGHT DOWN. But its all good the shitload of nuclear war that took place after you go down the elevator magically doesn't fuck up the elevator shaft rendering it unusable.

>the glowing sea area must be trying to imply that its where the bomb fell, but why would they of bombed there instead of the heart of the city?

I get that alot of the games inaccuracies are supposed to be chalked up to 'its a vidya brah turn ur brain off man', but even in the games reality theres just too many internal inconsistencies. Bethesda is a bunch of fucking hacks (the fact that they managed to make a game that performs WORSE than skyrim categorically, looks worse, despite using the same engine proves that well enough)
>>
>>318047481

...and your point is?
>>
>>318043454
intro was meh. the nuke felt really lackluster and didn't really DO anything to people like it should've as other people have pointed out.

>>318047540
>the retarded idea of having the entrance to a vault facing UPWARD.

never understood why they changed the design for one vault aside from making it special.

>the glowing sea area must be trying to imply that its where the bomb fell, but why would they of bombed there instead of the heart of the city?

there is a nuclear stockpile in the middle of the glowing sea that was the target dumbass.
>>
>>318044294
What happens when you give her all the chems she want? Will she be ded?
>>
>>318047540
China wasn't aiming for population centers, that happened after Chinas initial strikes

China was aiming for the targets that would cripple the Enclave's postwar plans for reclamation.
>>
The intro wasn't that great, and it was incredibly rushed.
>>
It was relatively short at least. I wish you didn't have to do the concord stuff at all though.
>>
>>318047982
China?

Don't you mean the aliens?
>>
File: 1439969311335.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
1439969311335.png
226 KB, 468x345
>see the Grognak comic in your house
>200 years later
>it's still in your house, in the same place, just a little bit damaged
>>
>>318048035
Yeah, imo they should have used the memory diving shit more and left what happened ambiguous until that point.

>cryo sleep leaves you with loss of the memories of what happened the day of the bombs and the murder of your spouse/theft of your child
>eventually come to memory den to get answers
>playable prewar segment happens here instead, with more fleshing out to build an attachment to the spouse/child only to have them torn from you
>now you go on revenge and game contonues normally
>>
>>318047982
>>318047917

We're supposed to believe that all out shitloads of nukes dropped everywhere nuclear war occurred, yet bostons buildings are for the most part still standing. Just sayin boston would of been hit and it would of been obliterated.
>>
can't wait for fallout 5 to be a WWII shooter
>>
>>318043454
You know youre in for shit writing when you get to the part where people are trying to get into vault 111, but the security guard says if your not on the list you cant get in.
Then you just walk up to him and dont even say your name or anything, he just goes "Male, Female and a child... ok, go in.
>>
Man how fortunate were Nate and his wife to get free entry into Vault 111 mere MINUTES before the bombs dropped? AND the vault is only a couple hundred meters from their house. Not to mention how they just barely got into the vault before the nuke shockwave hit! Luckily for Nate, he survived the experiment while everyone else died. Way to go Nate, you lucky bastard!
>>
>>318048684
>Luckily for Nate, he survived the experiment while everyone else died.

This part wasn't luck. Everyone else was intentionally killed.
>>
>>318044292
>93 y/o
>>
File: 1448628339158.jpg (36 KB, 366x334) Image search: [Google]
1448628339158.jpg
36 KB, 366x334
>>318043796
FO3 had a better intro
>>
>>318048854
I may have missed it, but where was it told/shown that they were intentionally killed? I thought it was just some malfunction when it comes ot the others
>>
File: 1423154678994.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423154678994.jpg
513 KB, 1920x1080
>Looking straight at a fucking nuclear blast
>Give no fucks
More proof a single story in NV does what Bethesda can't.
>>
>>318048517

I just thinks it's retarded the bombs fell right after the Vault Rep's visit. It was pretty stupid.
>>
jesus christ no it was so shitty i almost ended up dropping the game entirely. watching the protagonist walk around his house going "oh, nuka cola, lol" felt un-fallout as fuck. then you move on to the minutemen bullshit and immediately get power armor and fight a deathclaw. the actual game after that is alright, i've actually been enjoying the silver shroud quest and romancing piper, but the first hour or two is by far the shittiest.
>>
>>318049005
during the memory den quest with kellogg's brain
>>
>>318049005
Durring the memory dive segment. If you access Kellogs memory about the other crypods he talks about it.
>>
>>318048529
the boston area only got 1 nuke, and it didn't even hit the city itself. of course the buildings are still standing you fucking idiot.
>>
>>318049409
>>318049441
Oh well, I stopped activating the things in his memory because it seemed rather boring so I just went fast through it

it seems Beth wanted us to feel some sympathy towards Kellogg but I don't think that worked
>>
>>318049269
It is stupid, but that's plot contrivance for you.
>>
The part where you get out of fort Hagen was pretty cool
>>
>The intro was good
It wasn't. The pacing is all over the fucking place. It is without a doubt the crappiest opening to anything I have witnessed.

The tone goes from happy to sad to confusing in the space of about 20 minutes.
>>
>>318048291
so is the special book in shaun's room
>>
imagine trying to have a conversation with a guy from 210 years ago, 1805, who was magically teleported through time to today.
>>
>>318050090
i think oscar wilde would be pretty chill about 2015
>>
File: 12253423245.png (105 KB, 224x173) Image search: [Google]
12253423245.png
105 KB, 224x173
>>318043454
>looking straight at a nuclear explosion
>not instantly blinded
>>
>>318044294
>or she we will die

>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>318049476

>of course buildings that were hit by a nuclear shockwave are still standing after 2 centuries without upkeep!

I'm afraid you're the fucking idiot sir
>>
>>318050308
>not roleplaying a blind person
>>
>>318044294

mama murphy is uglier than the fucking ghouls. I actually regret not drugging her to death, bitch deserves a mercy killing for being an impressive level of hideous. But all the fags at the settlement got butthurt everytime I gave her drugs

Bitch is gonna die of old age any day now, fuck you codsworth and nigger guy
>>
>>318050436
>thinking buildings don't survive past 2 centuries

you must be american
>>
>>318049307
>then you move on to the minutemen bullshit and immediately get power armor and fight a deathclaw

I feel this. The game's beginning felt like a shit modern movie; it throws action in your face every second to wow and impress you. The problem was FO4 didn't start the you off at the bottom - it constantly wants to make the player feel at the top. I never felt any sort of build-up in the game, closest thing to it was arriving at the Institute, and the only build-up for that was the trek to Virgil, getting the Courser Chip, and finding the Railroad. All this only took me around 2 hours.
>>
>>318051053

you're clearly not american if you think shitty cheap built by mexicans american buildings could survive 2 centuries lmao
>>
>>318052061
boston wasn't built by mexicans, anon.
>>
>>318044292
>He returned to Nagasaki the following day, and despite his wounds, he returned to work on August 9
Metal as fuck
>>
>>318049571
>main theme playing
>airship coming in
>"This is the Brotherhood of Steel"
>immediately after on radio
>"This is Paladin Danse, all BoS personnel return to the police station"
God tier moment
>>
Nah, the intro to Fallout 3 was much, much better. Sure, it was a pain to go through on every new playthrough but it probably had the best storytelling of that entire game.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.